• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Thread (Revamp Underway)

Do you want to make this thread relevant again?

• Yes, I've been waiting so long for this day!

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No, this thread was never used much anyway.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I never even knew this thread existed...

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Wow thanks for dressing up the tourney listings Manko. I never really was too creative so my formatting probably looked much more dull and harder to understand lol.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
2link121 are you going to be covering the Port Charlotte tourny we be smashin this is on the 1st. if there is any thing i can do to help you i will seeing as i will be in attending this and will be bring my crew

p.s. how can i register my crew(if that is what it is called) on the boards

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Just write out a short bio for it. Things like the name, when it started, where it's located, Brawl/Melee/both?, who's in it, who they main, etc.

*Thread Update* - several of the sections now make use of collapse boxes to reduce clutter.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'm not moblie right now to be able to make it to CFL myself really. At the moment I have a deal with my friend Abscent who's co-hosting to record the tourney and publish to Florida Meister's Youtube page. Then again I suppose I can do everything that Manko asks for really. I just won't have personal experience to add to the write-up and make it sound more interesting. I might do some tiny interviews and see if I can have some attendees describe their experience.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
If you'd like, I could always reword stuff like I did the tourney section. Now that I've moved back to Pensacola though, I'm practically in Alabama which is too far to attend any Central or South FL tourneys. So I'll have to rely on others to cover the majority of Florida's activity. I'm just going to focus on North Florida history myself, and probably fill in the super old Melee stuff.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
i have a short wright up for we be smashin and the ****in catlina wine mixer they are rundowns of how the smashers from my crew did who they used played and placed would you want them if so i can email it to you. also i got a group up that have been going to tournys lately know as the SwampNigas i have info on this group as well

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Just write out a short bio for it. Things like the name, when it started, where it's located, Brawl/Melee/both?, who's in it, who they main, etc.

*Thread Update* - several of the sections now make use of collapse boxes to reduce clutter.
i feel like you would be able to get this information from the tourny thread itself.

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
i feel like you would be able to get this information from the tourny thread itself.
What tourney? I thought you wanted to post information about your crew.

There is a crew section of the thread, but it's only got Melee at the moment. Nobody ever bothered to make bios for Brawl.

i have a short wright up for we be smashin and the ****in catlina wine mixer they are rundowns of how the smashers from my crew did who they used played and placed would you want them if so i can email it to you. also i got a group up that have been going to tournys lately know as the SwampNigas i have info on this group as well
Sure, it's Mankosuki@gmail.com

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
What tourney? I thought you wanted to post information about your crew.

There is a crew section of the thread, but it's only got Melee at the moment. Nobody ever bothered to make bios for Brawl.
yeah i misunderstood you and i would love to wright up a bio about my crew and have it posted on the this fourm so i will get started with that.

Sure said:
Mankosuki@gmail.com[/EMAIL]
i sent the 2 docs to 2link121 and he will give them to you for me i hope that they help you in keeping this thread alive.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
The format to post is: "Region - City / City 2 (if needed); username"

FGCU/Lake Alfred; FGCU Viper
FGCU; Mink
FGCU/Hollywood; Meglaodon77
FGCU/Coral Springs; Poonr
Lake Alfred; D Who?

FGCU= SWFL
Lake Alfred= MEFL

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Updated:
  • Upcomming Tourneys
  • 05/01/10 in History Section
  • Added the FGCU members into Brawl Smasher Locator
  • Put Mink's thread of SwampNigas in the Smashfests section for SWFL
Whenever I get a write up of the SwampNigas, I'll add it to the Crews Section as well.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Updated:
  • Upcomming Tourneys
  • 05/01/10 in History Section
  • Added the FGCU members into Brawl Smasher Locator
  • Put Mink's thread of SwampNigas in the Smashfests section for SWFL
Whenever I get a write up of the SwampNigas, I'll add it to the Crews Section as well.
Ah, man that's exciting. Thanks!

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
<content redacted>

i just checked your groups and it is listed as Gainsville FL Smahsers. I have a group page listed as Giuffrida & the SwampNigas on smashboards and Facebook. so i think we are fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey does anyone in FL still play brawl? There's going to be a national tournament in Louisiana this December (on the 18th). Check this venue out it's ridiculous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p1_1AGZDkg

Venue fee gets you access to an all day, all you can eat pizza buffet. Too good. Plus there's a huge arcade, mini-golf, go karts, and some other cool stuff.

Tourney's name is TASOL, btw. Check it out, spread the word, etc :D

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274534

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
thanks man you know we have played in the same tourny befor. CAGS it was my crew first tourny and we got ***** but i seen your wario all i can say is gay but yeah we are having an inter crew tourny on the 21st to help the new members get there feet wet in the competitive scene ya feel me

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
yeah man thanks and no i just spectated your matches i know who you are lol not vice versa but its all good we will be at fast2 most of us

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Ohhh, thats why some of your names sounded familiar :laugh:, though I don't think I got to meet any of you :(

That's awesome that you guys are running tournaments and helping out new members and stuff, can't remember any other Brawl crew in FL really doing that kind of stuff seriously lol. GL with the tournament, hopefully see you guys at future tournaments :)
Yeah man, you def will. Infact i think you beat me in the last tournament. So you and me have beef to settle -.-

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Also! i was reading your thread, and if you would like to update the "Brawl Smash Locater"...
I'm at FGCU during the school year, but on Breaks i am in Estero, FL. Which is South East.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Hello Florida. I'm sorry to intrude on your thread, but I am hosting a really big tournament in Lafayette, LA that I would like most of you to attend. Some of you might have heard about it already, but I just wanted to give another heads up.

Its called TASOL 2010 National, please come out and support. I would really appreciate it and love to meet all of you.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274534

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and added it to our tourney list. I'd be a hell of a drive for most of FL but you can most likely count on the Pensacola area going. It'd be mainly Mankosuki, Ruse, HolyChef, and whoever else is around at the time.

--------------------

(also updated the history for 05/08/10 as well as the opening post's Announcements & Member Bios)

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
This thread has no mention of neither NOOB1 nor NOOB2; Skrach's wildly successful Melee tournaments in MEFL. So here's the rundown

NOOB1
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254878 (info)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266194 (Results)

NOOB2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266368
Singles:
1: Hungrybox
2: Colbol
3: Qdvs
4: Uuaa
5: plup
5: RockCrock
7: Dop
7: harriettheguy
9: merk (GA player)
9: skrach
9: apollo
9: dark sonic/nasty

Teams:
1. Hungrybox + Uuaa
2 Colbol + Skrach
3. Apollo + Dark Sonic
4. Nasty + Plup
5. Dop + Harriettheguy
5. Qdvs + RockCrock

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
dam.. good ****? i almost cry. . . awesome stuff bro

there are touranaments in sefl, zeropings tournaments. checkout the linguini tournament and the two nicaboys tounaments. i think linguini had 2 tournaments too since december we have had like 5 tourneys. i can remember beause i got here in december. rukuu hosted a tournament in here too, in fiu.

Top Bottom