• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida T.O. MK Ban/nerfing Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroQT

Smash Master
The only problem i see with MK is due to him being so easy to play, the game will eventually become a game of MK's.
Its already heading down that road and getting worse and worse as time goes on.
If the game becomes Super MK bros then yeah i'd want to see a ban.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Redhal, I believe you interpreted Ginger's post wrong lol. She's against the ban.
You sure? Mabye I did misread. Oh well I dont feel like going back to read it.....

Sorry Ginger.

The only problem i see with MK is due to him being so easy to play, the game will eventually become a game of MK's.
Its already heading down that road and getting worse and worse as time goes on.
If the game becomes Super MK bros then yeah i'd want to see a ban.
Super MK bros. Featuring guest appearances by Dedede Falco and Snake.

I can dig that. =D

it takes no skill to be good with MK.
it takes the most skill to be great with MK.

real talk
Very true but it's those 1 million average MKs that are stagnating the metagame.....

The average MKs go even with the great players of other characters.....

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Ban Metaknight.

You guys say Metaknight doesn't dominate FL yet Seibrik wins EVERY tourney now with Metaknight.

Most of our top players don't play Metaknight but the fact is the only 1 who does wins every tourney.

Metaknight SHOULD and is very likely going to win every FL tourney until hes banned.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
That's some garbage logic! :rolleyes:

Seibrik was winning (and placing incredibly well in) tourneys before he even started using MK and still happens to fall back on D3 when pressured (his recent games against Afro and me are good examples)...

He will even admit that he would've lost to me this past Gigs if he didn't counter with D3...

The facts remain that there's only one dominant MK in FL (others are good but they don't win overall) and that doesn't warrant a ban in our state by any means (besides whining)...

These results are far more about Seibrik as a player dominating in FL than it is about MK winning these domestic tournaments...:027:

Mann up! :p

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Wait so because Seibrik is a good brawl player and has always placed well that makes Metaknight less broken?

Seibrik hadn't won a big FL tourney without Metaknight since like August/September and I don't think hes ever won a gigs without Metaknight. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

He will even admit that he would've lost to me this past Gigs if he didn't counter with D3...
Umm so ur Wario beat his Metaknight 1 game? Again, how does this make Metaknight any less broken? And Wario is probably the best char vs Metaknight in the game anyway.

The facts remain that there's only one dominant MK in FL (others are good but they don't win overall) and that doesn't warrant a ban in our state by any means (besides whining)...
Funny how the only Metaknight main on FL's power rankings wins every tourney? You can't count Rx since he doesn't even enter singles half the time anymore. Because most of the top players in FL can't bring themselves to play Metaknight that means he shouldn't be banned?

Gindler

Smash Champion
Who's everyone? The people who want him banned and dont want him banned is pretty close to 50-50.
Well that's because 50% of people main him :chuckle:

Using brik as an example for the ban doesn't seem like a good idea to me, he's smart about his brawlin' sure he fights "gay" as the kids call it. But I've seen his D3 and yeah he's just too smart.

On a side note. Gmoney is too good

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Gmoney, i never said you WOULD beat me, i said you had a better chance of beating my MK than my DDD, cause of the matchup, so i went with my best option, which was DDD...

not saying you WOULDNT have beaten me, you definitely had a good/better chance than most people, but its never definite until it happens.

had a harder time vs ur wario than reflex though, think about that ;)

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
There are no absolutes (obviously) but what I was trying to prove is that MK is not unbeatable at all (I was falling asleep when I wrote that so excuse some of it)...:027:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
It's cool. He's not unbeatable, if you using a very select FEW characters, like a handful literally, and your at LEAST as smart.

any dumber and the mk can run a train on u horribly

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I don't think you can ban a PERSON from coming to Florida :laugh:

but about banning MK... I said it before but Florida does not have a MK problem at all so there's no reason to ban MK at the moment at least in Florida in my opinion... Seibrik is really good and the best MK in FL no question, so watch (from your tournament) Seibrik vs Reflex (Wario) or Seibrik vs Afro (Snake) (Seibrik wins both sets, goes DDD for last 2 matches against Reflex), and RedHalberd is probably the 2nd best MK in FL, watch RedHalberd vs Reflex (Wario) (which RedHalberd loses). The Seibrik matches are pretty close iirc, if MK was truly broken in FL then it would be obvious

also, the more I play the Wario vs MK matchup the more I think Wario has the potential to **** MK (but then again I'm bad so feel free to ignore this part). I also think that Snake has a lot more potential to be good than people currently take advantage from. There might be a few other characters too

oh and if you want to ban MK because you think "Brawl is getting boring"... trust me, I can make Brawl EXTREMELY boring for you without using MK, lol
What do you do when M2K goes to all of your tournaments and jacks your money? Ban MK after that loss of cash? Bad logic

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Pete, the problem isn't beating MK. its the majority of people don't feel like putting the effort in, and SINCE mk is so easy to play as, they'd rather resort to MK dittoes.

once they've done that, and get comfy with mk, they start thinking to themselves, "well im already playing mk, theres no reason NOT to main him" since he has no bad matchups, and that player will only start to fall back on him more and more often when in pressury situations.

now you have a whole bunch of people who used to hate playing against mk, using mk just to stay in the loop of things without having to try expaning their characters metagame.

granted it'd be great to tell people to man up and just get better with their character, to them its alot simpler to just pick mk, and have increased chances of winning now. in peoples minds, its just as easy to drop ur coin on mk's face, as it is on anyone elses, so why not?

thats where a ban comes in, much of these problems go away when mk just isn't a playable character anymore.

thats where the discussion comes in. how much of characters metagame are we willing to sacrifice to keep mk around, and do we bother expanding the meta game with mk, or should we get rid of him all together to let other characters expand quicker now.

-maybe this post should be put in the first post so people can read it before discussing-

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Pete, the problem isn't beating MK. its the majority of people don't feel like putting the effort in, and SINCE mk is so easy to play as, they'd rather resort to MK dittoes.

once they've done that, and get comfy with mk, they start thinking to themselves, "well im already playing mk, theres no reason NOT to main him" since he has no bad matchups, and that player will only start to fall back on him more and more often when in pressury situations.

now you have a whole bunch of people who used to hate playing against mk, using mk just to stay in the loop of things without having to try expaning their characters metagame.

granted it'd be great to tell people to man up and just get better with their character, to them its alot simpler to just pick mk, and have increased chances of winning now. in peoples minds, its just as easy to drop ur coin on mk's face, as it is on anyone elses, so why not?

thats where a ban comes in, much of these problems go away when mk just isn't a playable character anymore.

thats where the discussion comes in. how much of characters metagame are we willing to sacrifice to keep mk around, and do we bother expanding the meta game with mk, or should we get rid of him all together to let other characters expand quicker now.

-maybe this post should be put in the first post so people can read it before discussing-
Great post Seibrik.

This is mainly why I don't play MK. The only problem with him like you say is with players who just use MK and don't truly main him. They use MK as a cop out, cuz they can't place in tournies. With that being the only problem, he shouldn't be banned. Sure I use characters that don't truly hate MK, but that shouldn't be applied to this discussion. I haven't placed well in the 5 tournies I've gone to with those characters, but I'm not gonna use that as an excuse to go to MK. I'm just gonna man up and get better with those characters and hopefully go to tournies (since nobody will give me a ride to tournies anymore) and do well.

:yoshi2: :diddy:

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman

Im not sure how many people actually read the first post anymore but ill give it a shot

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
sounds to me like its the community thats the the problem, not the game itself.

there are a crap ton of high turnout tournies for this game every week in every state.

way more than any other more deserving game.

if were getting 100+ man tournies with 90 of them playing MK in a game thats a little over a year old, thats the community.

just shows that over half of you are scrubs.

put that in the first post cry baby scrubs.

Noa.

Smash Master

This has been more or less how I feel about MK.

I know that MK is no where near unbeatable. There are a couple of characters that go even or slight disadvantage with him.

But he really is just dominating the metagame. Everything is about how a certain character deals with MK, current tactics against MK, etc. This is bad for the game.

MK isn't really killing the metagame. It's just that he a parasite that's making it unhealthy.

And when counterpicking MK, it's easier to pick up MK than to pick up a "counter" when they're undoubtedly harder to learn.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
sounds to me like its the community thats the the problem, not the game itself.

there are a crap ton of high turnout tournies for this game every week in every state.

way more than any other more deserving game.

if were getting 100+ man tournies with 90 of them playing MK in a game thats a little over a year old, thats the community.

just shows that over half of you are scrubs.

put that in the first post cry baby scrubs.
pete is pretty much right. its all a popularity conteest or the desperation of wanting to win NOW not LATER BUT NOW!!! as snake woulda say

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
a ban in fl wouldnt be logical till there are equal bans in the rest of the country.

no states are gonna insitute a ban either till the sbr releases something i bet

so its just gona be a waiting game, with test tournies of him being banned until then.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
sagat doesnt have a single losing match up in sf4.

hes without a doubt the best overall character in sf4 right now.

he doesnt win tournies either.

OverLade

Smash Hero
sagat doesnt have a single losing match up in sf4.

hes without a doubt the best overall character in sf4 right now.

he doesnt win tournies either.
The metagame is too young at this point?

People used to think ROB, TL, and Wolf were top tier.

SF4 is likely far more balanced than brawl anyway so.....

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Seems to me ******s in the b room are to scared of change, just like our human nature, change is down right scary.

Why are we comparing this to any other fighting game anyways? We are laughed upon by every other fighter an not respected since melee an brawl are "jokes" for fighting games.

Might as well go against the general fighting game community an do what everyone should do in other games an thats ban characters. Certain characters.

All a bunch of stupid, ignorant, prehistoric thinking ******s if you ask me. I hate people in power

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
It's not like change is specifically positive (and it is certainly not needed for this current "situation")...:027:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom