• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida T.O. MK Ban/nerfing Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
definitely shouldnt be banned if mk loses/barely loses/ties/has a slight advantage vs 5 or 6 characters.

unfortunately people have to play characters they dont want to play(falco,pika,ect) or play mk til other people start bringing falco,pika ect.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Um...

Look, im not going to lie. I might have...had a small orgasm...

When I read this, then saw that you could have been a girl....

Im not believing it untill I see you at either Genesis or if you come down to FL...lol

But just the thought of that coming from a really hot girl/lesbian...I would have been in heaven...

...Ty, carry on xD
lol, xyro is not a girl.

But Id have to agree, a girl hosting major tourneys would be pretty cool.
Lol wtf tgm.

He's not a girl, Mike. Search TGM combo on youtube. That's "Xyro".
do i need to give you a boob shot to prove it? lol joke

I am a girl. you can search whatever you want but i am a girl.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Just ban Brawl already and you can all get back to playing the better game. No need to worry about Metaknight shenanigans then.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@Stafu

True.... It's just sad to see that Brawl came out this way...

I REALLY LOVE IT but every1 is going MK and it's turnin me off like Melee did. I don't play the game to fight hte same character over and over again. At least in Melee I fought against 7 diff chars. I'll b playin on AIB and when people get scared they use MK.... It's tiring and boring to have the same fight over and over again and again...

OverLade

Smash Hero
OMFG!!!!!!!!! this is a day of days people. i have watched and helped out the pika community to my best efforts since brawl came out and through our labor we have found that in the end, PIKA CAN BE A MK KILLER!!!!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10millionpikachus
Lol Anthers been around for a while now.....

Concerning the ban in FL, FL doesnt have a MK problem.

Seibrik is the only player consistently placing with MK, and he's already been dominant in this region anyway.

The Massive amount of Snake players have seen to it that ordinary MKs dont win here, which is fine.....

OverLade

Smash Hero
Raven places consistently, but he hasn't been to any FL wide tourneys.

Petey/Seibrik place consistently at tourneys like Gigabits where players from all parts of FL come.

I've been to 3 large scale tourneys, but havent placed better than 7th......regardless of who I beat.

Master Raven

Smash Master
My johns are only semi-parent... the big issue is long traveling, but you know that's eventually gonna dissolve.

Master Raven

Smash Master
What Queenie said is true lol. If I place first at a tourney but somehow got a ****ing easy bracket and beating only one top player while the other guy on the other side had a hardass bracket littered with mostly top players and he manages to beat more of them than I, that certainly says something in regards to why you even placed well in the first place.

That's purely hypothetically speaking of course.

Ruse

Fox
Apex's Rules said:
If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
Worst. Rule. Ever.

Coffee™

I need it....
MK wont be banned in FL....

There's no justifiable reason yet.
Don't think it matters. If for some reason the SBR does ban MK and most reigons adopt that ruleset then FL will probably go along with it too, regardless as to if they disagree with it or not simply to be playing on the same level that most if not all of the other reigons are.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
if sbr does, in someway, end up banning mk the brawl community will never get respect outside of its own memebers(not melee players).

if it does happen, not that it matters to any of you, but when im browsing 8 way run or shoryuken fourms and i see a post bashing the smash melee and or barwl community, i usually stick up for smashers.

but i wont if you pathetic fvck heads fvck this game up even more.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
I mean I'm a half decent player using practically low tier. I'm not too known and like I said I'm alright, but I do understand the fundamentals of fighters and the logic behind them, range, spacing, frames, cancels ect. When you really think about MK only lacks in the area that he is light. He has **** near no lag, can kill, has amazing recovery, is fast as hell and has pretty good grabs. imo the level of skill it takes to play MK is very low, take it you have seibrik who is an amazing player with even low tier, but MK just makes life easier for people who use him.

If any of you are Guilty Gear Fans you probably know about XXAC Plus, which is the new game with 2 new guys (Cliff and Justice) and they are clearly better, so far all the PS2 tourneys I've seen they are banned since they have a clear matchup and stat advantage, MK is the sane way so I'm for the ban, if it doesn't happen w/e, but it would be nice to make it fair for other characters

bigman40

Smash Master
if sbr does, in someway, end up banning mk the brawl community will never get respect outside of its own memebers(not melee players).

if it does happen, not that it matters to any of you, but when im browsing 8 way run or shoryuken fourms and i see a post bashing the smash melee and or barwl community, i usually stick up for smashers.

but i wont if you pathetic fvck heads fvck this game up even more.
What is gonna change even if he gets banned? I've already heard most of them bashing on the community before the MK ban even came up. So nothing will change if the ban goes through.

Oh and btw, good job for "sticking up" for us right now. I guess that we're just completely stupid for trying to make something over dominant in this game somewhat more fair.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
polmex lick my nutts you poser *****.

mk has characters that he can lose to.

that warrants not banning him.

just hinder the metagame further you fvcking morons.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
polmex lick my nutts you poser *****.

mk has characters that he can lose to.

that warrants not banning him.

just hinder the metagame further you fvcking morons.
Basing your judgment just off of "mk has characters that he can lose to" makes you look rather dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom