• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Gaming's next SSB tourney- March 21st Orlando, FL (Street Fighter IV too!!)

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Myspace.com/FloridaGaming
We will be hosting another melee and brawl event on march 21st in Orlando.

Where:
Radisson Worldgate
3011 maingate lane
Kissimmee, FL 34747
407-301-4402
407-770-7393

Held in the Conference Center

When:
March 21, 2009

Doors open at 8am and registration will continue until the start of the first event.

There is a manditory $10 Door fee and each event will cost $10 per person to enter
Melee and Brawl doubles - $10 per Player ($20 Per team)
Melee and Brawl Singles - $10 per player

Schedule:
8am-11am- Registration begins for all events
11:15am- Tourney starts with Melee Doubles
Followed by Melee singles
Break-
Brawl Doubles
Brawl singles

Prizes:
No money will be taken from the pot and prize money is distibuted to top 3 of each event
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Rules:
MELEE
standard mlg ruleset...BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)!

-4 stock, 8 mins matches
-2/3 sets; 3/5 for winners, losers, and grand finals
-items off
-team attack on
-life stealing allowed
-Dave's stupid rule: a stage can't be played more than once in a match, either by random select or by picking
-stage banning: Each person/team knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-mutual banning: If all players agree to ban a counterpick level, they may ban said level from their set while retaining their original individual bans.
-mutual allowing: If all players agree to play on a certain stage as a random or counterpick, they may play on that stage even though it is otherwise banned.
-advanced slob picks: Losing player(s) choose(s) the next stage or random, winning player(s) choose(s) character(s), then losing player(s) choose(s) character(s).
-double blind pick may be called at the beginning of each set.

neutral stages:
Final destination, Pokemon Stadium, Kirby's dreamland, Yoshi's story, Fountain of dreams, Battlefield

counter pick stages:
Any stage that isnt banned and any of the neutrals

Banned stages:
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

BRAWL

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Stadium 2
Norfair

Banned:

Rainbow Cruise
Pipes (Yoshi's Island - Melee)
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Onett
Green Greens
Corneria
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Bridge of Eldin
Big Blue
Mario Circuit
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Summit
75M
Mario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
WarioWare
Spear Pillar

There will also be a Street Fighter IV tourey here as well.
$10 entry fee
best 2/3 matches each round is 3/5.
Double Elim
All characters allowed
xbox 360

Prizes same as above:
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
so there is a door fee regardless of whether or not you bring a set up, i just saw door fee is mandatory so i didnt care to continue reading
I believe some people's door fee were wavered due to them bringing a full setup yesterday though it stated mandatory door fee.

Masky

Smash Master
looking forward to this, great venue. and I see you moved Melee to before Brawl, smart move

vericz

Smash Champion
Yea the door fee is knocked off for those who bring a full setup and is dropped to 5 if you bring just a tv or wii. Rememer this helps pay for the great venue and there will be soo many setups!!

Also, i put melee first but I'm hoping that it will still move fast so that brawl wont take until 1am. I may have to put brawl 1st IDK

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Not driving to Orlando two weeks in a row, sorry. (Sucks for those from SFL going to both Gigs and this...O_O)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
such a nicely ran tourney...plus down the street from golden corral. im in

-Spike-

Smash Ace
LMAO @ golden corral!!!

I might go to this, but depends on work and if I wanna drive out there.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
dunno if I can get to this... if I ever did come I'd only go for friendlies, mang... but I also have to try to study and stuffs...

Top Bottom