• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Gaming's next SSB tourney- March 21st Orlando, FL (Street Fighter IV too!!)

Masky

Smash Master
After this tournament I'm just going to play only Wario from now on except 1-3 certain chars, since for whatever reason I don't feel like I can play Pikachu naturally any more and I think I'll have better chances with Wario. Thanks Seibrik for playing friendlies with me, every time I play against you it gives me the encouragement to try to improve. Thanks RockCrock for giving me my "TIME TO SHINE" in Melee crews and Harriettheguy for failing to capture it. After Gigabits next weekend I'm going to focus on learning to play Melee and see what Melee has to offer me.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I learned a helluva lot at this tournament about how I play this game. Thanks to everyone who beat me, especially Zoro and Garbonzo because they made me face the facts that I'm not as good as I think I am, both in tech skill and smarts. Also Marin's peach is scary as hell. I still don't get how sheik fights her at all.

You are really good though finch and you'll only get better from here on out

Rx- you are alot better than the last time i played you im super nervous playing you more than any other person. I dont think i would beat you with my link
Harriettheguy- fluke your so much better than me
garbonzo- dont play falco against me! no your already too good and super smart bro.
Hungrybox- yeah
qdvs- marth dittos hmm.........lol

I dont play falco in tournament because of my controllas!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Thanks Zoro!!!

i really like you and i think we should hang out all the time and stuff

Life After Death

Smash Champion
yea john wayy better he intimidated me in our set. i didnt even knew he played melee that much i though he was all brawl lol. he plasy just like my apprentice smilez. thier styles are indentical. lol at d throws on falco. just like smilez.

Toneh

Smash Lord
Yea this particular tourney wasnt reall tha fun. Probably cuz basically noone came for some reason. There was like 12 brawl singles entrants and I was there waiting from 11 just to like 6:30 or something when brawl finally started lol.

Doubles was fun, sf iv was alright. I got ***** in that lol
wtf thats so weird going from 61 ppl to 12. Thought it was gona have more.

Finch

Smash Lord
Alvin teach me how to be as good as you. I have almost no drive for practicing tech skill and it ****s me over so much.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
It was especially great play with Finch, Garbanzo, Legion, F-0 and Masky at this tournament. It was great playing with everyone else as well.

Next tourney: Da Dirty South vs Gentlemen's Club.. PART TWO!

Zoro

Smash Champion
It was especially great play with Finch, Garbanzo, Legion, F-0 and Masky at this tournament. It was great playing with everyone else as well.

Next tourney: Da Dirty South vs Gentlemen's Club.. PART TWO!
can i be on the dirty south instead....:laugh:

AfroQT

Smash Master
I learned a helluva lot at this tournament about how I play this game. Thanks to everyone who beat me, especially Zoro and Garbonzo because they made me face the facts that I'm not as good as I think I am, both in tech skill and smarts. Also Marin's peach is scary as hell. I still don't get how sheik fights her at all.

Rockcrock thanks for putting in the effort to play friendlies with me. By the time we actually got to play a few matches in a row I was burned out from thinking and didn't want to put so much effort into learning how to fight ganon. Next tournament we'll play more seriously.

Harriettheguy one of the highlights of the tournament for me was going kind of even with you in friendlies, because I didn't think I could do it. After you switched to falcon I thought I was going to **** you because he's your secondary, but he was actually just as good as your fox. Let's play more next tournament.

Seibrik our friendlies were awesome. I'm glad you learned a lot from them because I feel like I did too. Good job on winning brawl singles.

AFRO you're my most important shoutout! Next tournament we need to play a million friendlies because I need to teach you how to fight ice climbers. You definitely shouldn't have beat me but I knew you were still mad about losing to Andy and I just exploited my matchup knowledge to gimp you a lot. Your falco is really smart you just need more experience. Learning to fight ice climbers makes you a better spacie player because you have to be so careful with your approaches and a lot of other things, but I'll tell you all my secrets and you'll be able to **** me in no time. Don't quit melee or falco. You're a really fast learner and I know you could get so good really fast.
Ahhh thank you finch but you 2 are simply 2 good. You completely owned me no johns completely destroyed me all i can do is hope to improve and do better next tourney. QDVS ****in owned me again. And he was prolly sandbagging at that, im tired of gettin 4stocked by you Q, next tourney im literally gonna practice my *** off to atleast give you a challenge.
Im fvckint errible at melee its saddening.

Luckily im a beast at brawl.
Good **** to seibrik for winning, doubles was free again, when will people realize that a constant team partner is is way better then random teammates.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ahhh thank you finch but you 2 are simply 2 good. You completely owned me no johns completely destroyed me all i can do is hope to improve and do better next tourney. QDVS ****in owned me again. And he was prolly sandbagging at that, im tired of gettin 4stocked by you Q, next tourney im literally gonna practice my *** off to atleast give you a challenge.

Good **** to seibrik for winning, doubles was free again, when will people realize that a constant team partner is is way better then random teammates.
You are definitely improving at Melee!!!

I can tell you are vastly improving with every tourney!!!

Don't be so hard on yourself!!!

Oh and concerning teams, that's what I've been telling Rx- all along...it's WAY better to stick with someone and learn their ins and outs!!!

:colorful:

Zoro

Smash Champion

I have attended at least 2 tournaments every month for melee in the last 4 years and I hadn't placed above 8th at a good size tourney until just recently and i am still inconsistent. Melee isn't like brawl you cant expect to get 2nd at your first tournament. You learn ridiculously fast your already good at melee you just have little experience. Your not a dumb slow person like me that takes forever. I get 3 stocked by queen still lol. Queen is disgusting.

Same advice goes to finch, garbanzo, and any other relatively new player. You guys learn sooooo fast its scary. Dont give up on the game because other people have tried just as hard and have played 10 times longer and are as good as you.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zoro: You just have some bad habits (the ones I'm good at punishing)!!!

Next time we're at a tourney together we can do some friendlies and I can point them out if you want!!!

Normally the way I "teach" people is by owning such habits till they stop doing them AKA adapt, but if it's easier for you, I can point them out as they are happening!!!

Zoro

Smash Champion
Zoro: You just have some bad habits (the ones I'm good at punishing)!!!

Next time we're at a tourney together we can do some friendlies and I can point them out if you want!!!

Normally the way I "teach" people is by owning such habits till they stop doing them AKA adapt, but if it's easier for you, I can point them out as they are happening!!!

ah please do
dont say anything either if i cant adapt on my own im not going anywhere

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
next time i may enter melee, i've been playing it alot lately and zero to deathing people is amazing, i've learned to do so many things that i sucked at a month ago now i need experience so rx- and Q i'm really gonna try to make it to your place sometime in the near future because i wanna get better now

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Its too hard, man. :[ Also what sucks is I'm a slow learner, I just practice alot... well if I can.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
I dont think you suck at all.
i dont know maybe its ur mindset
no he' actaully a really really good player it jus took me a while to realize it but thanks thru psycology and exp all hiroshi lacked all this time was people exp. he needs to play everyone in tourney to do well.

lol afro can eaily be top 5 in fl in a short amount of time IF he chooses to. seibrik too but he can be top 3 in less than 3 months ONLY if he chooses to. he has 2 choice he just needs to pick the right one

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
if your on gentlemen's crew you'll get wrecked!!!!

ty, zoro, and chopz, but i do bad EVERY SINGLE TIME. its horrible. i wanna play with queen more, cuz rx- only really plays melee with queen for trainig, and he got SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. i am impressed with rx-.

TO AFRO: you are sooo good for the amount of time you played. you have soooo much potential.

-hiro

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
if your on gentlemen's crew you'll get wrecked!!!!

ty, zoro, and chopz, but i do bad EVERY SINGLE TIME. its horrible. i wanna play with queen more, cuz rx- only really plays melee with queen for trainig, and he got SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. i am impressed with rx-.

TO AFRO: you are sooo good for the amount of time you played. you have soooo much potential.

-hiro
Who was on the Gentlemen's Club Crew? I don't think there will be wreckage next time.

In 2D

Smash Cadet
I would've recorded the crew battle and alot of sick matches, that is if...
I HAD MY RECORDING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!

I shall bring it next time.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I recorded the whole crew battle and I'm editing it, will be up thursday at the latest.

Our next crew battle will be much more serious, I think there should be a 2 dollar entry fee so everyone doesn't leave to do their own thing when it's not their turn. Need I mention that Gentleman's Club is gonna rock da dirty souf><>?

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
It was actually a draft crew battle with myself and Rockcrock as captains!!!

The Gentlemen's Club/Dirty Souf thing came in halfway through, cause I jokingly asked who Col Bol voted for on the boards (he said Gentlemen's), and since I (as well as) hungry, hiroshi, etc. voted for Dirty Souf, I said it was The Gentlemen's Club vs. Da Dirty Souf (the real final decision)!!!

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
It was excellent to meet everyone. I didn't play with a single person and not gain something from it, whether it was fun, advice, experience, or friendship. Thank you to everyone I played. I may have seemed kind of like an ******* if I didn't say anything, especially after we played and I ended up losing, but if I didn't say anything it was because I was so amazed by everyone. Before the tournament, Dennis told me how good everyone would be, but to experience it first hand was very fulfilling.

A few specific mentions:

Kevin: Great teams play. Everyone else got lucky that we didn't get to practice together, otherwise their **** would have been DESTROYED :D.
Hungrybox: welcome to costco. i love you.
F0: Thanks for the matches and all the advice.
Afro: Good matches. I absolutely love your enthusiasm for everything.
LadyLegion: You wrecked me!! Good game!
Rx-: More Disney songs please.

Mampam: Keep wrecking ****.
Max: Thanks so much for driving, and the matches. You are a good friend and player, and we should hang out more.

Dennis: If you wore sleeves you wouldn't be cold. We also got the same place in the tourney :O.
Josh: Next time we play and you combo the **** out of me, I'm going to delete the match.

Top Bottom