• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
The only recurring point in this thread that I've read which genuinely sparked my interest was this.

ur obsessed with brawl bro, chill out man, ****tiest game ever
Brawl is a stupid game anyways. Why argue about it?
This is SUCH a stupid thing to say. My opinion of this topic dictates a selective demand or lack thereof for discussion? More to the point, if YOU don't like the game, WHY do you jump through hoops to proclaim so? It's almost as if poignantly expressing your distaste makes anything else you say worthwhile, which is both straw man, and, in all perfect honesty, inane as hell.

I think that Baseball is a stupid sport. Does that immediately invalidate the love that 70% of the other hive minded Americans of the world. Worse yet, does my dislike for some simple game make substantial everything else I say, while trivializing the thoughts and opinions of those in dissent?

And in closing, Atomsk and Seibrik should both come to Judgement, and wag their respective tails, because this thread is getting overinflated from ego.

This has been "A moment of self reflection" By: Criosphinx. Buy my book!

Brawl sux lawl

OverLade

Smash Hero
What is with everyone's sudden fascination with Ally?
I'll just try to lay this down.

Ally became infamous in the "underground" Online world by dominating ladders everywhere and destroying everyone. Anyone who had played Ally online understood that he was an amazing player, but when word of Ally spread in the "offline tourney proffessional world" everyone was skeptical, judging him to be just another average snake player. They said "once he goes to a real life tourney and does something, I'll believe some of this stuff".

So Ally did just that. At his first offline tournament he beat all the best players in Canada, and 2-0ed everyone. The skeptics confinued. At his second tournament, he lost one match in the winners finals and annihilated everyone else. He has never lost a set and has consistently 2 and 3 stocked some of Cananda and the midwests players. Hes known for his mindgames and inventive setups. Many pros believe that he's the best snake player in brawl right now (with all due respect to Afro, DSF etc...).

So there was basically a lot of hype from Ally's online fanbase, and he delivered. So even while Online "doesn't count" those who play it respect and support Ally because they understand the transition. He's a smack in the face to people who say you can't get good playing online, or that online doesn't show skill.

[/rant].

Im not on his nuts or anything, but I look at Ally like I do M2K or SK92. Someone who plays amazing and looks good doing it.

Just my 10 cents.

Stripesorbars3

Smash Apprentice
This is SUCH a stupid thing to say. My opinion of this topic dictates a selective demand or lack thereof for discussion? More to the point, if YOU don't like the game, WHY do you jump through hoops to proclaim so?
Posting Brawl sucks on a fourm is jumping through hoops???

Maybe if the kids house was on fire and he had diabetes while he posted it.

but other than that(or something along the lines). . . .

I think I'm missing something here.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't unerstand the whole Ally thing. Is he a good snake yah but everyone on AIB has made into some sort of brawl legend which is absolutely ********.

I've played Ally's snake online. And from what I can remember it's certainly no better than any of the top Snake FL players.

He 2 stocked me at like 140% 1st game
2nd game he beat me with 1 stock and over 150%

And keep in mind that Snake is like 12 times better online than Kirby.

Ally is a nice kid and a good Snake but the hype is beyond ********.

edit: No brawl player deserves the type of hype he gets, because brawl takes very little skill.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Posting Brawl sucks on a fourm is jumping through hoops???

Maybe if the kids house was on fire and he had diabetes while he posted it.

but other than that(or something along the lines). . . .

I think I'm missing something here.
Specifically going out of one's way to express dislike for something, notably in a conversation which has nothing at all to do with the relative merit of the game?

Yes, I consider that jumping through hoops.

I like how anyone who beats anyone is good in Brawl.

except for me....
You're Good.

Not just good.

You're Good

OTRU...

Smash Champion
who's criosphinx again?

ohhh ok... lolz

i live in florida and check every thread from my region (FL) because ive been playing smash IN FLORIDA for 4 years and know most of the people who play here... what about u buddy, whats ur business in this thread? to call me out when i say i dislike someone's huge ego in a ******** game that doesnt require much skill in the first place (no offense to those who win a lot lol)????

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
who's criosphinx again?

ohhh ok... lolz

i live in florida and check every thread from my region (FL) because ive been playing smash IN FLORIDA for 4 years and know most of the people who play here... what about u buddy, whats ur business in this thread? to call me out when i say i dislike someone's huge ego in a ******** game that doesnt require much skill in the first place (no offense to those who win a lot lol)????
Who am I?

I'm nobody, really. I have absolutely no notable feats, no outstanding talents, and absolutely no exemplary skills. I am quite literally, no one.

However, you misinterpret me.

I was not "calling you out". I wasn't sleighting you, or attempting to insult you. I was just pointing out how the concept of insulting any game is in itself, ridiculous. Simply, if you don't like it, that's one's own problem. And sharing it almost seems insulting to the people who, quite frankly, don't particularly care. At the end of the day, One's opinion of anything hardly warrants such bold expression.

I have no opinion either way on the alleged "ego" of anyone here. And I certainly didn't mean to offend you. Apologies if I did.

Just the same, relax bro.

Haha I came here to advertise.

haha
Amen.

10Gotojudgementplease

BEHR

Smash Hero
Ok my NC Bros and SC bros

We haven no business in here other to advertise are tournaments.

So just ignore the Brawl arguments cause Brawl is dumb to argue about.

Well anyways I hope to see some FL Melee Peeps at HERB so we can get you guys in that Catfish Combo.

^_^

Also Col Bol MM if you come Fox Ditto?
Cause I want to be ***** by you.

Edit-

OverLade

Smash Hero
Ok my NC Bros and SC bros

We haven no business in here other to advertise are tournaments.

So just ignore the Brawl arguments cause Brawl is dumb to argue about.

Well anyways I hope to see some FL Melee Peeps at HERB so we can get you guys in that Catfish Combo.

^_^

Also Col Bol MM if you come Fox Ditto?
Cause I want to be ***** by you.

Edit-
That picture is ****in pro. Top tier.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
afro is the best snake hands down.
Afro doesn't seem 2 care about Snake 2 much anymore... going from what I've read and heard.

Ally is a beast tho, He IS the best in Canada

Idk who is better, both are players I prolly wouldn't wanna face early in a tourney. Every1 is entitled to their own opinion.

HRNUT has a pretty F***ing good Snake.

cuz all the snake players suck. and non of them main snake lol cept ally. afro doesnt care about the game much he just owns with his secondaries along with his snake. he just plays for money now. the game is too horrible for pride. it should be played for money now.
Ur entitled 2 ur own opinion. Brawl IS fun, we just take it 2 d*** seriously. If people wanna put pride into it, more power 2 them. The game is not HORRIBLE we just don't understand it as much as Melee or other tru fighting games like Guilty Gear and Street Fighter. Sheesh, Brawl was made to b an enjoyable spectacle.

I'll just try to lay this down.

Ally became infamous in the "underground" Online world by dominating ladders everywhere and destroying everyone. Anyone who had played Ally online understood that he was an amazing player, but when word of Ally spread in the "offline tourney proffessional world" everyone was skeptical, judging him to be just another average snake player. They said "once he goes to a real life tourney and does something, I'll believe some of this stuff".

So Ally did just that. At his first offline tournament he beat all the best players in Canada, and 2-0ed everyone. The skeptics confinued. At his second tournament, he lost one match in the winners finals and annihilated everyone else. He has never lost a set and has consistently 2 and 3 stocked some of Cananda and the midwests players. Hes known for his mindgames and inventive setups. Many pros believe that he's the best snake player in brawl right now (with all due respect to Afro, DSF etc...).

So there was basically a lot of hype from Ally's online fanbase, and he delivered. So even while Online "doesn't count" those who play it respect and support Ally because they understand the transition. He's a smack in the face to people who say you can't get good playing online, or that online doesn't show skill.

[/rant].

Im not on his nuts or anything, but I look at Ally like I do M2K or SK92. Someone who plays amazing and looks good doing it.

Just my 10 cents.
Thanx 4 the info

ally is hasnt done anything until he owns azen or m2k people like that. NOT ANTHER
He is the best in Canada... that provs enough. btw, I think that there is a tourney where canada's best will collide with the US's best soon somewhere up north.

Gooood luck in GIGS to EVERY!!!!

My Moneys on HRNUT or AFRO!!!

Although Equi, Gmoney or Members of Fluxxed Up Might take it!!!

MOST IMPORTANTLY,
Come here on Jan 10th!!!! Tourney in Tallahassee FL!!!
HRNUT, GDX, Reflex(1st in Alabama) and Kismet(2nd in Georgia) are comin tru!!!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211957

Equi

Smash Ace
I'll be at the next tournament though. Flying down tomorrow. From what I know (since a lot of people are better than me in FL) Florida beasts the midwest, period. No contest. Not an argument. Loads of talent in the midwest but Florida ownz it.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Yeah Canada is going to Cataclysm 4.
Thanx 4 the info. I'll B lookin forward to the vids!

BTW, we put up the results and vids from the tallahasse Panhandle tourney thread U posted on.

and on another topic, didn't U beat Seibrik in a DDD MM at a previous gigs?

More importantly, its really late but congrats to Seibrik for placing 2nd at that C3 tourney!!!

Welcome to the final event of the East Coast Regional Circuit of 2008! Full Details are still to come, but hopefully very soon!

2nd day we're going to run the 'pro bracket' which is everyone in the top 26 for point totals, and then the top 6 in the amateur. Everyone in the pro bracket gets seeded based on their point totals, people from the amateur bracket will get the bottom 6 seeds.
[/COLOR]

Singles:

140 Azen
130 Mew2King
61 Ninja Link
57 Chillin
55 DieSuperFly
51 Chu Dat
45 Neo
40 Plairnkk
34 Forte
27 Seibrik
22 Snakeee
20 Boss
17 G-Reg
16 Inferno Omni
14 Atomsk
12 King Ace
12 Starzonedge
12 PC Chris
12 Meep
11 OmegaBlackMage
10 Ambrose
9 Jcaesar
8 Candy
8 BasicSausage
8 Cort
8 Percon
8 PyronicStar
7 Kornn
6 Velocity
4 Ajax
4 Inui
4 D1
4 Lord Knight
4 Slikvik
4 Lord Knight
4 Kaiser
3 Thumbswayup
3 Chinesah
2 ChiboSempai
2 Hova
2 Nacker
2 Toasty
2 Zro
2 Keitaro
2 Darc
2 Hayato
2 Eve
2 JL
2 Duo 55
2 Big Blue
2 Dark
2 Karn
2 Jman
2 Shadow
2 Nintendude
2 Black Walts
2 GDX
2 JesiahTEG
1 Kirbstir
1 Crismas
1 NC1_Pride
1 Yoster
1 Valor
1 FOB
1 Niko K
1 Dr1
1 Xzax
1 Rhyme
1 Sol
1 Dark.Pch
1 Van De Kamp
1 Criosphinx
1 Lobos
1 K-9
1 DewDaDash
1 NKB
1 Egosin
1 Godismyrock

DOUBLES:

160 Mew2King
140 Chillindude
127 Azen
82 Neo
75 Forte
75 Chu Dat
70 Velocity
47 DieSuperfly
45 Ninja Link
42 Inui
35 G-Reg
35 Seibrik
35 Shadow
45 Ninja Link
34 Nacker
30 Snakeee
28 Plairnkk
27 Cort
27 Boss
27 Ace
27 Percon
26 Atomsk
28 Plairnkk
16 Korn
15 PC
15 Candy
12 Chozen
10 Dazwa
10 Darc
10 Thumbswayup
10 Niko_K
10 Ron
10 D1
10 Lobos
10 GDX
6 Meep
6 Hova
6 Jcaesar
6 Okin
6 Keitaro
6 Eazy
6 ChaosKnight
6 Chinesah
6 Light
6 Jayo
6 Lukky
6 LDPK
6 ARC
6 Oro
2 Lord Knight
2 Valor
2 Tru
2 Pav
2 Javier
2 Ajax
2 Slik
2 Sain
2 Jbarros
2 Kadaj
2 Toasty
2 Solid Jake
2 OmegaBlackMage
2 Pyronic
2 Deez

So yeah, I can't sleep. But look at what I came across :chuckle:

Notice that in both areas Seibrik is higher than Atomsk, Thus ruining Inui's arguement.

Also, Azen is top ranked and it shows that a person that mains Lucario(Not MK) is top ranked in this game :p Even tho MK breaks Brawl, he still aint on top!!!

Furthermore, Congrats to Inui, Seibrik and shhhhh... IS THAT A DIDDY KONG!?! MY ***** GDX MAKING THE TOP 26!!!! but yeah, good luck to all three of U:)

Top Bottom