• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui never brings us anywhere :(

lol, jk Inui.
Fly your own damn selves somewhere. :p

@BEHR: I'm pretty interested because I want to chill with RoyTheFlamboyant, whom I met on Fire Emblem Planet ages ago. If there's going to be a big turnout, I'll try to come. Can you make it so singles pays out top 5 if there's a huge turnout?

BEHR

Smash Hero
Fly your own damn selves somewhere. :p

@BEHR: I'm pretty interested because I want to chill with RoyTheFlamboyant, whom I met on Fire Emblem Planet ages ago. If there's going to be a big turnout, I'll try to come. Can you make it so singles pays out top 5 if there's a huge turnout?
Dude I miss her so much she has been out of the scene she said she will try to make it with her crew. Ugh Dont know if its big enough I'll try.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Not going due to multiple broken, luck-based stages that have no place in competitive play being legal. I don't want to lose to stages.
Pray tell what stages do you consider so luck based that you are afraid you'd lose to an inferior opponent?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Pray tell what stages do you consider so luck based that you are afraid you'd lose to an inferior opponent?
looking at that list, jungle japes, rainbow cruise and pictochat are pretty gay/dumb to have.

note that theres no possible way id be able to come to your tourney anyway, so take what i say however you'd like

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I was playing very badly/stupidly/slow all day. I am not going to deny that and I'm not afraid to mention it because it's the truth and reality.

Reasons for losing exist. "No johns" is the dumbest thing to ever come out of this community.
Johns .

BEHR

Smash Hero
tru, ur the first salvadorean smasher ive met in the states, i dunno bout that tourney bro its kinda far, if i have some extra money ill see what i can do
Tru bro.

You got time its Next Year so start saving up. :3

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
looking at that list, jungle japes, rainbow cruise and pictochat are pretty gay/dumb to have.

note that theres no possible way id be able to come to your tourney anyway, so take what i say however you'd like
Jungle Japes is neither gimmicky nor random. The river god passes by at a set interval, and that is the only real hazard. It provides a clear advantage to camp-minded individuals, but people unable to overcome a clear counterpick are fools at the game.

Rainbow Cruise follows this same philosophy, imho. It's a great CP for GaW, and forces approaches. it is, again, neither random nor luck based. Pictochat IS random, but none of the hazards are particularly dangerous, exception being the spikes. And superkirbymode is so easy to counter that anyone citing that as a bannable offense is an idiot.

Smashers complain so much about things that may slightly tip the favor in a certain direction, instead of forming a logical counter to said advantage. It's like MK, but on an altogether more mundane level.

EDIT: let me addend this post by saying if it WILL aid people getting here, I'd buckle under majority pressure and ban the stages. I am, at the end of the day, trying to organize a good tournament, moral dilemma aside.

BEHR

Smash Hero
The River god was more fun in Melee.

River God=Catfish.

Haha

Catfish rules the river.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Jungle Japes is neither gimmicky nor random. The river god passes by at a set interval, and that is the only real hazard. It provides a clear advantage to camp-minded individuals, but people unable to overcome a clear counterpick are fools at the game.

Rainbow Cruise follows this same philosophy, imho. It's a great CP for GaW, and forces approaches. it is, again, neither random nor luck based. Pictochat IS random, but none of the hazards are particularly dangerous, exception being the spikes. And superkirbymode is so easy to counter that anyone citing that as a bannable offense is an idiot.

Smashers complain so much about things that may slightly tip the favor in a certain direction, instead of forming a logical counter to said advantage. It's like MK, but on an altogether more mundane level.

EDIT: let me addend this post by saying if it WILL aid people getting here, I'd buckle under majority pressure and ban the stages. I am, at the end of the day, trying to organize a good tournament, moral dilemma aside.

1. Jungle Japes is just a bad stage. Even if the river god comes at set intervals, you aren't thinking about those intervals while fighting on the stage. You're just concerned about not hitting the water, which is ******** in its own right. If the water didnt carry you away at retardedly high speeds, then it could possibly be a feasible stage. And why would you want another stage that facilitates camping.

2. Rainbow cruise doesnt force approaches. It forces you to run. The stage is constantly moving with little to no ledges except for the ship. If anything, this stage promotes hit and run. I play GW and even i think this stage shouldn't have a place in tourneys.

3. I still stand by the fact that Pictochat is a bad stage. But then again, i thought PS2 was a bad stage too, until i played it more then i realized its not as bad as i once thought.

and for the record, ive never played a tourney match on japes (only ******** friendlies) and im 3-1 in tourneys on RC. Wanted to put that out there, before you pull the "he only thinks they should be banned cause he loses on them" card

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Pictochat has events that can kill you even if you're a hundred trillion times better than Mew2King and Azen combined.

Who wants to play on freaking Jungle Japes? What a terrible stage. ~_~

Those two stages gotta go, or I can't attend. I have too much bad luck.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Pictochat has events that can kill you even if you're a hundred trillion times better than Mew2King and Azen combined.

come to HERB then. ;D

We only have one Gay stage I think its Cruise. o 3o;

I used C3 Rules BTW.

OTRU...

Smash Champion

omg what are we gonna do if inui doesnt show up!!!!

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
NC>SC

Melee>Brawl
Very unbrolike, encouraging competition between two region tourneys, bro.

I would ban Pictochat, I'm relatively indifferent to the stage itself. I like CP'ing Japes for certain matchups though. Snake's U-tilt get's moderately nerfed on the stage, though Ftilt still kills pretty well. It really kills Tink and Fox players, who mainly kill upward.

I mean, I'd ban Japes too if I was coerced, but I just think it's a reasonable stage to keep on.

I'm pretty interested in HERB because it's within drivable distance and has better rules.
HERB is like... 2 hours from me. That's not too much farther to drive, especially if housing is considered.
and for the record, ive never played a tourney match on japes (only ******** friendlies) and im 3-1 in tourneys on RC. Wanted to put that out there, before you pull the "he only thinks they should be banned cause he loses on them" card
I would hope I don't come across as that much of a pretentious ***-hole. I know you're a good player, and I wouldn't be so presumptious to assume your track record on any stage.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Just messin bro

Anyways you just got to listen to the people y'know?

Listen to people and they will come.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Just messin bro

Anyways you just got to listen to the people y'know?

Listen to people and they will come.
Like I said, I'd ban the stages if it meant more people at the tourney. I am, above all things, a realist.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
exarch i'm so surprised you don't like brawl.

Fenrir had the reaction i expected both of you to have :):)

why cant you be more like fenrir.

jerk.

*cries*

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Lol juan lol xD

I can totally see u saying that...

Um, yea, Jungle Japes better be banned when playing against me...i spike, all the time.

And Picto is gay for ceiling killers(Like luigi) so...yea.

But i wouldnt mind playing on Japes if there not a falco player.

Top Bottom