• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
before i started working two jobs 60+ hours a week, i was placing between 5th-9th every tournament for several months straight. I usually always do well in teams. anyone in MD/VA will tell you this. I barely get any sleep before a tournament because i usually sleep at 8am to 9am everyday. these days I'm dead tired after teams(again two jobs/60+hours/one of my jobs is overnight) and I've been underperforming in singles because of it. It comes off as a john which is why i don't talk about it. I wanna see how you perform starting a tourney at what is equivalent to 4am to your biological clock

^^^lotta johns lol...but man to think I'm considered a low class player now after a couple bad tournies...

-SlikVik
I have nothing personal against you but you've performed pretty badly the last several tournaments, so I can't view you as a really good player or anything like that. Like I said, you're definitely not terrible. :[

@Seibrik: You were at my tournament? :confused:

lol

@RedHalberd: Who was your partner?

Vik

Smash Cadet
THATS MA *** RIGHT THERE!!

Im sorry, you looked a bit pissed after the money match. I didn't mean to sound like an ******* or anything if I did. I barely beat you in that second match so I'd never say anything about your status as a player in VA, because you're the hardest GaW I've played.

We had forfeit because we thought we were leaving, but didnt.

First round we beat Deez (or his brother) and his teammate. Then we played M2K and Azen and lost. Then we beat some other two guys. Then we forfeited, not realizing that we could stay longer. >_>

I think we would've done quite well though, we didn't do THAT badly against M2K and Azen at all.
Nah not mad at you. That was a really good set we had, just slightly pissed at inuis comment, especially when i'm one of the few people that doesn't ****talk him constantly from MD/VA...then I remembered inuis opinions of someones skill doesn't really matter. I shouldn't have said anything. i'll just beat him when i play him like i did in melee when he talked ****

Ruuku

Smash Lord
before i started working two jobs 60+ hours a week, i was placing between 5th-9th every tournament for several months straight. I usually always do well in teams. anyone in MD/VA will tell you this. I barely get any sleep before a tournament because i usually sleep at 8am to 9am everyday. these days I'm dead tired after teams(again two jobs/60+hours/one of my jobs is overnight) and I've been underperforming in singles because of it. It comes off as a john which is why i don't talk about it. I wanna see how you perform starting a tourney at what is equivalent to 4am to your biological clock

^^^lotta johns lol...but man to think I'm considered a low class player now after a couple bad tournies...

-SlikVik
Don't listen to Inui. In my opinion, you got one of the best G&W in the nation. At least you're not one of those sell outs that pick MK and press B a lot. Keep on ****** with the Gdubbs.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Don't listen to Inui. In my opinion, you got one of the best G&W in the nation. At least you're not one of those sell outs that pick MK and press B a lot. Keep on ****** with the Gdubbs.
I would agree. I've played Needle of Juntah and Hylian and you're definetly on par with them. The bucket cancelling was MAD scary. It's pretty frightening when you know that Dsmash wont kill GaW at 110% unless it's fresh. So regardless of what Inui says, you're definelty a great player.

@RedHalberd: Who was your partner?
I teamed with my brother. He's an above average player, though not amazing. He did pretty well in friendlies with many of VA's semi pros and pros, but I doubt he'd place higher than top 20 in the tourney.

CO18

Smash Hero
So who finds it funny that Inui didn't even win his own event?
I find it funnier he got 3-0ed twice and got 5th in doubles with the 2nd ranked player in NJ and there weren't any real amazing players ahead of them besides snakeee/his teammate.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
ye the brackets were pretty dam ****ty. from now on i much rather eveyrone be separated. i dont care if i play emilio 2nd round or something.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I am not saying SlikVik is average/not that good. His results are.

Btw, keep the trash talk coming. Bashing me for getting 3rd while playing at my worst is amusing, lol. I'm actually looking forward to getting rooted against a lot because I'm bound to disappoint you all multiple times throughout the day.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
I am not saying SlikVik is average/not that good. His results are.

Btw, keep the trash talk coming. Bashing me for getting 3rd while playing at my worst is amusing, lol. I'm actually looking forward to getting rooted against a lot because I'm bound to disappoint you all multiple times throughout the day.
After recently being active on smash boards for about a week, I can only say that you sir are pretty **** low.

You constantly disparage other player's abilities and always bring up the "region" theory behind it. You speak like everyone is inferior to you, and now this? I mean, sure most of your posts contain what I (and others) consider Johns but seriously, if you place 3rd you place 3rd, nothing more. People don't care if you were at your worst. Just play the **** game and quit the shenanigans.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I was playing very badly/stupidly/slow all day. I am not going to deny that and I'm not afraid to mention it because it's the truth and reality.

Reasons for losing exist. "No johns" is the dumbest thing to ever come out of this community.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Telling us "playing at worst" after getting third which apparently to u is unusual, isnt gona make us think any better of u. stop worrying wat others think of u is all. u try so hard on boards and worry, rather than just goin to tournies and proving stuff, and letting results speak for themselves. thats all u gotta do, u can own and stay quiet and say more with that than any of ur posts have said, not to mention look like a smarter, more humble player.

Like a wise smasher used to say "dont make me humble you" -Noucles

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Slikvik did state that most people trash talk Inui in his own region. So his behavior makes complete sense. I'm just still wondering why he keeps on popping in our "PR" thread. Maybe he has developed an obsession with our people.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I go to Florida every winter.

I've known a lot of Florida's players for quite some time. For instance, I met SmashMac, Shiz, and SpeedN back in July 2006 and teamed with SmashMac at MELEE FC 6.

I have competed multiple times in Florida and have played against Florida players OOS multiple times.

I obviously have connections to this state.

Ruuku

Smash Lord

I've known a lot of Florida's players for quite some time. For instance, I met SmashMac, Shiz, and SpeedN back in July 2006 and teamed with SmashMac at MELEE FC 6.

I have competed multiple times in Florida and have played against Florida players OOS multiple times.

What do Shiz, SmashMac, and SpeedN have to do with our Brawl PR thread? And how many Brawl tournament have you attended in Florida other than FAST1? I went to high school in New Jersey but don't see what that has to do with Brawl. Probably as much as you going coming to Florida every winter. Your "connections" to Florida probably don't justify you ranting in this thread. Now if you actually had something relevant to post...:ohwell:

nevershootme

Smash Master

you may wanna think twice about saying u have connections with a state like florida. if you don't know colbol, then you don't have a connection with florida

/sarcasm, will edit with a more serious post later

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
There is something to be said for the community, though. I mean, I seriously wouldn't play if I didn't know and like people I see at tourneys. I can't imagine being kind of the outcast of a community because I think I'm great or anything. I don't want to get too deep here, but even if Inui were to win, and everybody here hate him...what's the point, exactly? It's not THAT much money to start with... and if you don't build relationships around the community, I don't see why you would even play. Afro wins a lot... Afro's a great guy...so nobody REALLY minds Afro winning. see my point?

I realize I'm meleeguy... I used to be pretty darn cocky...I have a handful of people who really haven't liked me over the years (with good reason, really)... and a whole bunch who think I'm forgettable... Some of the SFLians kinda hated me for a time. Dop and I never got off on a good foot..just for example and I don't really like that, but you have to respect it, and that's fine.

But the people that I've met that I really respect and actually talk to, hang out with in my time playing are basically the reason I'm still around. Heck, I GO to Smash tourneys to hang out with Rohins, Kevin, HRNUT, GDX, Afro, Tony, WEEG!!, Colbol, Andy, Melbourne!, etc... can't see always being the villain. that's just me, though.

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
There is something to be said for the community, though. I mean, I seriously wouldn't play if I didn't know and like people I see at tourneys. I can't imagine being kind of the outcast of a community because I think I'm great or anything. I don't want to get too deep here, but even if Inui were to win, and everybody here hate him...what's the point, exactly? It's not THAT much money to start with... and if you don't build relationships around the community, I don't see why you would even play. Afro wins a lot... Afro's a great guy...so nobody REALLY minds Afro winning. see my point?

I realize I'm meleeguy... I used to be pretty darn cocky...I have a handful of people who really haven't liked me over the years (with good reason, really)... and a whole bunch who think I'm forgettable... Some of the SFLians kinda hated me for a time. Dop and I never got off on a good foot..just for example and I don't really like that, but you have to respect it, and that's fine.

But the people that I've met that I really respect and actually talk to, hang out with in my time playing are basically the reason I'm still around. Heck, I GO to Smash tourneys to hang out with Rohins, Kevin, HRNUT, GDX, Afro, Tony, WEEG!!, Colbol, Andy, Melbourne!, etc... can't see always being the villain. that's just me, though.
yea I definitely agree with that. Theres really no point in getting yourself known for the wrong thing because in the end, ppl dont hate you because you win or lose but much rather for the attitude that you have the whole time.
Good luck redeeming yourself Inui rather than sinking yourself in a deeper hole :\

ALSO: to the FIU ppl. Are you guys still playing at FIU this break cuz i dont wanna take a bus all the way to FIU to find out no ones there. I really wanna get more practice with you guys :D

l

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
videogame villians are SERIOUS BUSNESS FENRIR

get with the program, sheesh. The only reason i play diddy is so people will hate me and i can be an outcast from the community so i dont have to talk to anyone

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace

hmmm..
too bad he aint no villian
he jus sum angry nerd who flyin over here to secretly make friends

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Templio we dont play AT FIU but contact one of us to play and most of them live around there.

I live closer to north campus to tell the truth and it takes alot for me to get down there lol

Message me whenever u wana play

my AIM is

Seibrik

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah i agree with fenrir completely. And even though i only met Inui twice...he really isn't that respectable as a person. At Doodah 3 he was very cocky...and didn't even do that good. At FAST1 he was cocky, and he did good so okay. Now he is being cockiest of all, so he better do good. Inui, all we are asking is that you tone down the cockiness just a bit, or at least do it in a joking manner. You doing this doesn't garner respect from anybody, and definitely doesn't make anybody like you more. Also, if you do and chops, HB, and dreadz still do that ****, it doesn't matter, they are them.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I seem to recall Mooney acting the same way when he first moved down here, and we all know how that turned out...

(no disrespect Ian)

Life After Death

Smash Champion
HB is like the inui of FL. cept inui is prolly ssj6 more annoying and arrogant lol while HB is only the black haired inui. HB just acts humble sometimes but it doesnt fool no one. but he will always be cocky and will always get victory roars from me thats what it be looking like.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's better to just submit and try to earn some respect instead of trying to rip it from someone and breaking it in the process.

I think we could like you Inui, even mabye Chops and Dreadz if you were chill enough.

My opinion doesn't really matter cuz I wont be at December gigs, but I'm willing to give you a clean slate in my book if you stop being an ***. :D

Top Bottom