• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

OverLade

Smash Hero
GOD Ike vs MK is like 95:5
It's probably about 55:45.

Are you saying Wario fares better against MK and Snake than MK does against himself and Snake? :laugh:
Yes. :)

I'm very skeptical of Marth/MK being a close matchup lol but I would like to see these new tricks Marth has. Marth has so much grab release nonsense on MK now (in fact I've noticed MK in general is highly susceptible to grab releases).
I'm not skeptical at all. I think it's definetly 55-45 at worst, though I believe it's even. Go play NEO on wifi lol (I've played him offline, I'm just saying).

Marth has had Grab release nonsense on MK, just people weren't using it for some reason. Some of it like Grab release Nair is hard to pull off but does a lot of damage, and grab release tipper fair kills easily. You can also grab release, Dash, Dancing blade, or up B, Which also kills quick. The spike can be airdodged, but most people wouldn't airdodge expecting a fair, and even if they did you could wait for it, footstool them, then spike them.

Marth has LESS options than MK, but in reality, MK doesn't have any options that marth can't beat relatively easily, you just have to be REALLY good with knowing what to do. Killing marth is actually extremely difficult, and edguarding him isn't easy either as his fair will probably beat anything you could use to gimp him. He punishes Shuttle loop pretty nastily (you can Usmash or Jump and UpB MK as he loops around) and counter/UpB OOS beat out nado really well (though you can just shield and then Dancing blade to punish instead). Even when Marth has trouble killing MK it's still realitively even IMO, because MK doesn't kill a marth with good DI easily either.

*should probably be in matchup discussion thread*

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Grab released into spike, and grab release into the klaw does kinda suck.

Marth has tippered Fair OOGR right?
Marth's Grab Release Options:

Tippered/Nontippered Fair (Buffer)
Spike (Extreme Buffering Skills Needed, 3 frames messed up and youll eat an UP B to the face [cant remember the frame count])
Nair? Forgot.
Dolphin Slash for the kill.

Yeah, as long as Marth doesn't get to grab happy and get predictable. I wish I knew the MK/Marth Matchup. I wish I was good, periodddd.

EDIT: Didnt see Red Halberd's post lol, he covered it well.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol "Xaltis" just comes in here like "I CAN BEAT THAT ***** KEITH GONNA BE ON THIS JUNK IN A WEEK SONZZZ"

that was HILARIOUS

OverLade

Smash Hero
Reflex beat M2K's Meta Knight with Pokemon Trainer.
That never happened. His Squirtle killed M2K's MK first (I think Squirtle has a huge advantage over MK personally), but he didn't win any matches as him.

But he took a game off of me with PT because he's too good. The reality is, if you're better than a MK player you should be able to beat them with any high/top tier character. If you're losing, you either don't know the matchup, or the MK player is better than you are....

Of course sometimes MK players lose from not knowing the matchup, but most good characters do well agaisnt MK even if both players know the matchup very well.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Alright, mabye it did happen.

But yeah doesn't surprise me at all. I remember losing on PS1. Wish I had switched characters lol.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Sonic and Falco mind you ; P

But if you wanna challenge me too i'm up for it.
Thats wasup. We dont see many falcos around. (besides tommy g oh and nexus too) I was just messn wit you so I hope ur not upset, but yea we can play sometime. Im always up to play everyone. We can even sonic ditto if u want. I like messn around with sonic :bee:.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
after watching some vids the last hour, I've confirmed that MK has no matchups.

every "matchup" he has is exactly the same as the next.

he just needs to do the same thing to every character.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
***** i AM falco
My bad i forgot to mention u. Prolly cuz I havent played u yet.Even so, I have heard things about your falco and his maniliness. In order to make up for my mess up here:

Dreadz=Falco
Tommy G & Nexus= That aint falco.
:bluejump:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I've beaten dreadz at nexus tourney XP and nah i'm not upset my Falco is literally just as good as tommy g's hes just smarter in his matches.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
xaltis who are you?

i live in lake worth, do u happen to goto pbcc?

i heard of a random kid winning all pbccs brawl tourneys.

is it you perhaps?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
xaltis who are you?

i live in lake worth, do u happen to goto pbcc?

i heard of a random kid winning all pbccs brawl tourneys.

is it you perhaps?
You've probably seen him around Nexus. Maybe if you remember back long enough ago during the good times (before Justin decided to **** about Nexus being an actual business.)

And no, that's not him at pbcc.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
tommy g you dont know the ol days my friend.

nexus used to be 1000000Xs better when it was in boynton.

plus you got free blow jobs.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
You've probably seen him around Nexus. Maybe if you remember back long enough ago during the good times (before Justin decided to **** about Nexus being an actual business.)

And no, that's not him at pbcc.
I was wondering why you asked me that Tommy G, nah its not me, I am trying to get known though XD we should play in person some time.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
after watching some vids the last hour, I've confirmed that MK has no matchups.

every "matchup" he has is exactly the same as the next.

he just needs to do the same thing to every character.
TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TY TY TY

The character is completely stupid

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
I've beaten dreadz at nexus tourney XP and nah i'm not upset my Falco is literally just as good as tommy g's hes just smarter in his matches.
lol my first brawl tourney back in october? nuttin to be proud of.

spike i think i remember u from somewhere. who told u bout me

Top Bottom