• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL at Pound 3, **Attendance list updated**

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
Or you could save up for ten years, win 2nd at a tourney, **** with your teams partner and win some cash on the side.

been there, done that

i've got my #3 fund :)

Lmao well carolyne is kinda eating my funds so i got near squat now. So winning tourneys would be nice for once.:laugh:

Or i could mug a hobit. now where the F*** am i going to find a hobit. (checks under bed)

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yo, so i really seriously want to go to this. im sure we could find ceaper plane tickets if we look elsewhere. ray got a rountrip from NY to here for like $120-130. soooo, yeah. i mean being able to get to maryland in 2 hours is appealing to me. but if we get like 20 plus smashers from FL going in a bus thing that could be hella fun as well. but honestly i'd almost want to spend $50 bux more to make it there like 4 times faster...peace

-hiroshi

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I requested a price quote from a charter bus company about two days ago, and I've still had no luck!

Edit: It seems like renting a bus or van would just be a lot funner, and make the trip be 4 days worth of fun instead of 2. But some people just don't have as much fun as others during big car rides.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
I requested a price quote from a charter bus company about two days ago, and I've still had no luck!

Edit: It seems like renting a bus or van would just be a lot funner, and make the trip be 4 days worth of fun instead of 2. But some people just don't have as much fun as others during big car rides.
Bus rides would be mad fun

making pit stops at Perkins and stuff

sigh

yeah

hungrybox

Smash Legend
well, i kind of want to be back in FL on monday so i can go to school and work. i mean, i can always ask for that day of work off as well, but i hate missing school...peace

-hiroshi
i know how you feel

i have to be back by sunday midnight (or monday morning when its really dark)

if i can't make it back by then, i probably can't go

One point for plane ride.

Laijin

Smash Hero
where do you place in tournaments? yeah... that's what i thought, shut up for MM me
:\ Oh cool. Now your going to talk about my normal tournament placings to measure my skill at this game. I don't really remember ever directly offending you Renth, but it seems all you do nowadays is go around and flame me everywhere we happen to post in the same thread. :\ I really don't see where all the lai-hate is coming from.
I'll mm you the next time I see you.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
The bus-renting idea is looking pretty dim, but renting a van still sounds like a possiblity.

I still think I would rather Greyhound over a plane though. It seems more fun. But I understand that some people are in a time-sensitive situation. Maybe Greyhound there and Airplane back? Or Vice Versa?

hungrybox

Smash Legend
The bus-renting idea is looking pretty dim, but renting a van still sounds like a possiblity.

I still think I would rather Greyhound over a plane though. It seems more fun. But I understand that some people are in a time-sensitive situation. Maybe Greyhound there and Airplane back? Or Vice Versa?
i want to get there in any sort of way

bus sounds fun

plane sounds very convinient and comfortable

and if we get there earlier by plane (obviously)

we can cruise around washington DC

but i have to get back by sunday midnight

Greyhound there sounds like fat fun
but iono about greyhound back

And something else

whos gonna like drive us around once we get to DC

and who's gonna give housing?

BTW i'll just give $60 or however much it costs to brian and he'll pay for me with his credit card.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
i got an idea how bout we do it old school and hike all the way there lord of the rings style i no a short cut over the mountains lol
I second this idea!

:\ Oh cool. Now your going to talk about my normal tournament placings to measure my skill at this game. I don't really remember ever directly offending you Renth, but it seems all you do nowadays is go around and flame me everywhere we happen to post in the same thread. :\ I really don't see where all the lai-hate is coming from.
I'll mm you the next time I see you.
No more flaming from either of you! This is a happy, "we're all going to Pound 3!" thread. Come on now.

Get excited!

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Doesn't XIF's mom have a vanbus or something

300th post!

I'd like to give a big thanks to Dan (who doesn't have a smash account) for being my rival in smash for 3 years. LW_4816 then ***** both of us and taught me how to combo. Thanks LW! And a big thanks to Ric Rohins and Fred for owning me some more!

Also, thank you FL ( wang of the U.S.), for havin' the biggest love muscles to flex! Let's give Pound 3 a taste of our tender meat!

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
So... Someone really should coordinate this don't you think? I'm not going to do it 'cause I'm really bad at finding things (like bus prices) on the internet, but we really need to start organizing this now.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i'm thinking that I might wanna go...hopefully I have enough for everything, I mean it is gonna be the last Melee tourney.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
So I'm still trying to find someone either to Greyhound both ways with me, or who's driving and would let me come and split gas money. Just to keep things in perspective.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
So I'm still trying to find someone either to Greyhound both ways with me, or who's driving and would let me come and split gas money. Just to keep things in perspective.
the bus thing sounds great to me. dguy, vijin, and rfx are willing to go too I think. I haven't brought up the greyhound idea to them yet though

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
It seems like we'd have trouble all sitting next to one another. Even if we were all on the same flight. And we'd probably get in trouble for yelling over the seats. Plus there's so much hassle with checking bags and such. Plus some people would rather save a few bucks if they could.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
This bus idea sounds like a lot of fun, but I just thought of a few problems with it.

1) We'd still have to pay for gas (which shouldn't be a HUGE problem split 30 ways).
2) Where would we stash a bus DURING the tournament?
3) A lot of us need be back by Monday for classes and don't want to miss classes BEFOREHAND, so a 6-day trip seems a little taxing on school.
4) I think you need a special license to drive a bus.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
This bus idea sounds like a lot of fun, but I just thought of a few problems with it.

1) We'd still have to pay for gas (which shouldn't be a HUGE problem split 30 ways).
2) Where would we stash a bus DURING the tournament?
3) A lot of us need be back by Monday for classes and don't want to miss classes BEFOREHAND, so a 6-day trip seems a little taxing on school.
4) I think you need a special license to drive a bus.

This may sound like a crazy idea but what about renting Rvs. I'm preety sure theyr'e not that expensive and you have housing. In an RV you can prob fit like 8 people or more. You also don't need a special license or anything,a and gas could just be split + it would be fun as hell.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
This may sound like a crazy idea but what about renting Rvs. I'm preety sure theyr'e not that expensive and you have housing. In an RV you can prob fit like 8 people or more. You also don't need a special license or anything,a and gas could just be split + it would be fun as hell.
They're like 4 or 500 bucks plus you pay for mileage driven, plus they're mutha****in' hard to drive.

BluRay

Smash Apprentice
if anyones gonna rent a van ......rent 1 of those huge mini vans that hav like 4 or 5 rows....... 2 n the front and 3 to 4 people n each row which fits n total aproximatley like 14 to 22 bodys...... probably less then 22 tho unless we wanna go mexican style

OTRU...

Smash Champion
i would get two BIG vans

rather than on HUGE van

and also

are most of us going to get back by Monday morning? (4:00-6:00 AM) ?
i doubt we will be able to get back on monday due to the fact that the tourney will prolly be over pretty late on sunday, which means we would all be too tired to drive and therefore we would have to leave on monday morning, so we can get some rest on sunday night, and prolly be back in orlando by tuesday around 2am or so...

so for high schoolers like you and colin, i think flying is def a better option, colin told me that the reason for which he prefers to fly is cuz his parents dont want him to skip school, in the end we could all meet up when we get to the hotel so we can all stay in the same room and therefore split the cost of the room in between 15 or more people... meaning that its gonna be pretty cheap

hungrybox

Smash Legend
i doubt we will be able to get back on monday due to the fact that the tourney will prolly be over pretty late on sunday, which means we would all be too tired to drive and therefore we would have to leave on monday morning, so we can get some rest on sunday night, and prolly be back in orlando by tuesday around 2am or so...

so for high schoolers like you and colin, i think flying is def a better option, colin told me that the reason for which he prefers to fly is cuz his parents dont want him to skip school, in the end we could all meet up when we get to the hotel so we can all stay in the same room and therefore split the cost of the room in between 15 or more people... meaning that its gonna be pretty cheap
i agree

flying for me, then

Top Bottom