• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Hey guys I have run into a problem in FE6. I am chapter 8 right now and in chapter 7 I was arena abusing Suh and she is close to level 20 already but only has 7 strength. While my Wolt has 6 strength and is only 5 levels behind. Do you think I should just dump Suh and pick up Wolt.
Wow... you got unlucky. Your Sue and Wolt are worth little more than paperweights. I really need to get back to FE6 though... I got frustrated after winning a level, deciding to stave abuse a bit before seizing the castle, only to find my troubadour dead thanks to an enemy re-enforcement..... why would they let re-enforcements move on the turn they are created... that is ********. :mad:

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Wow... you got unlucky. Your Sue and Wolt are worth little more than paperweights. I really need to get back to FE6 though... I got frustrated after winning a level, deciding to stave abuse a bit before seizing the castle, only to find my troubadour dead thanks to an enemy re-enforcement..... why would they let re-enforcements move on the turn they are created... that is ********. :mad:
Well it is not as bad as seeing your priest trying to run away from two wyvern reinforcements >_>. It happened on my first play through in sacred stones :p.

D13

Smash Ace
Why would they let re-enforcements move on the turn they are created... that is ********. :mad:
Yeah, that's the only thing about FE6 that bugs me. It was especially annoying in the chapter with Rutger. After you place your units in perfect formation, Rutger pops out and criticals them to death. :<

I was also sad when I learned that Chad would never promote. He has beautiful growths. ;_;

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
That was definitely dirty pool to make the game harder.

The best thing you can possibly do in that game is to level/promote your troubador as fast as possible. She'll prove invaluable on the stage where you invade Bern if you give her Aircalibur.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
does anybody play the wifi for SD. thnk its a lot of fun and maybe some competetve potential. i think the wifi is the only good part about the game though.

jumpman9793

Smash Apprentice
Im not very good at the WiFi for SD. I dont use RNG abuse so my characters are too weak to stand up to most people who use it.

D

Deleted member

Just here to say that I finally finished my Ike solo of FE9.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I think I found an excellent way to rehash the Fire Emblem growth system to accomadate for all types of players.

I'm going to use Oguma as my example character in this, as he has well-rounded growths.

Anyway, upon each level up, a character could receive 10 attribute points that can be spent on any stat. Sounds simple, right. Well there's a bit more to it than that. 1 attribute point would not = 1 stat level up. Actually, stat ups would be based on a variable similar to growth rates.

Ogma's growths are 90% Hp, 40% Str, 0% Magic, 40% Skill, 30% Spd, 40% Lck, and 20% Def.

Now if a player were to make strength his first priority, he/she would spend attribute points on strength. The formula for this cost would be 10 - 1/10x, with x being the growth rate. This would cost Ogma 6 attribute points for a level up in strength, leaving him with 4 attribute points for that level up. Given Ogma's growths, this could only be spent on up to four level ups in HP or saved up until more attribute points have been accumulated.

A 20/20 Ogma would have 360 Attribute Points, assuming he waited until level 20 to promote (and this is also assuming that the promotion bonuses are exactly the same as in current FEs, though the promotion could easily be made to just give attribute points as well).

An example of an Ogma under this system would be:

Ogma
Class- Hero
Level- 20
Hp- 22 (base) + 6 (promotion) + 32 (costs 32 attribute points) = 60 Capped
Str- 6 (base) + 2 (promotion) + 17 (costs 102 attribute points) = 25 Capped
Mag- 0 (base) + 1 (promotion)
Skl- 11 (base) + 2 (promotion)
Spd- 12 (base) + 2 (promotion) + 12 (costs 84 attribute points) = 26 Capped
Lck- 3 (base) + 0 (promotion)
Def- 6 (base) + 2 (promotion) + 17 (costs 136 attribute points) = 25 Capped
Res- 0 (base) + 3 (promotion)

This would allow Ogma to max the four most important stats in the game, but neglect other stats. 360 - (32+102+84+136) = 354 points. Obviously, this only leaves 6 points left, which the player might want to spend on a rank in luck, equalling 360 points exactly.

On top of the direct stat up features, the system could also sport more options, such as Auto-Assign, which would randomly auto-assign the attribute points, making the system play out very similarly to what is already in Fire Emblem games, Random Assign, a one-time use random level up, and Unassign, which should be pretty self-explanatory.

This system would allow for a great level of customization and depth that would increase FE's standing as an RPG, eliminate the mandatoryness of random growths, while still allowing random growths to be an option. It does all this while still allowing character's to maintain their unique differences in stats by turning their growth rates into attribute costs. With the introduction of Wifi in Shadow Dragon, it would be great if Fire Emblem wifi could be made truly competitive by eliminating the need for RNG abuse just for the sake of obtaining the "perfect units".

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I remember attempting the Ike solo playthrough. I almost got past chapter 17, but I did something stupid at the end of part 4 and lost. After that, my attention span wore off, and I stopped. I think I eventually deleted the file.

The point system sounds interesting, but ultimately, a lot of the characters would become the same when people stack Strengh, Speed and Defense while neglecting everything else. Nobody would have more than a few points of stats like Luck or Skill by the end of the game. I do think that idea has potential, and could be a very solid system with a few tweaks. I'm sure I'm not the only person who is sick of trying to train one of their favorite characters, only to see them get a series of uncharacteristically poor level-ups and become unusable. >.<

:005:

rockem7

Smash Ace
What are the chances of a FE8 sequel? Technically, that's the only FE game that has no sequel. Even though I didn't really like Eirika or Ephriam that much, I still think they need to make another game based in Magvel.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Just think, after Radiant Dawn, will there be a sequel in Tellius or another different continent, or a clash between all??
The story is over, the reason why PoR had a sequel was after the ending of the game
Sephiran words after he talked to Ike
. RD wouldn't have one unless something unexpected were to happen, very unexpected. O_o

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
YO! Joshua reporting in with my buddy Knoll to resurrect this dead thread for the good of Fire Emblem fans ERRRRVrywhere!

Most recent news worthy of discussion: Mystery of the Emblem (FE3) is being remade for the DS. :3

Personally, I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for Thracia 776 as a remake, or a new one altogether. I was rather disappointed with Shadow Dragon.

Discuss!

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I started a 2nd playthrough of Path of Radiance, this time I'm gonna try and beat the Black Knight. I heard that it's a good idea to promote Mist to make it easier, does anyone know which item you need to promote her?

§leepy God

Smash Master
Never use a Master Seal around level 10, use it at least around level 19, 20, or if all your important stats are full. But yea, when having Mist promoted will increase her movements and magic, just make sure you have her Valkrie level at least 17, if your playing at he highest difficult then 19 or 20. Also make sure you have Physic and Recover when playing the against the Black Knight, but you knew that already. xD

I would like Mist more if her stats as a Magic user and Sword user wasn't bad, but at least she's better in Radiant Dawn when it come's to speed, defense, luck and mostly skill.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Beating the BK just comes down to having a Stacked Ike and getting an Aether proc, while not getting Eclipse'd. If you get Aether, you'll probably win. If you get Eclipse'd, GG have fun doing the level over.

Nasir is pretty ballin' though. I always kill the BK for the extra challenge.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I may get pounced for this, but Sacred Stones has got to be my favorite FE game so far. I haven't played through all of them, but man! That game had so much magic for me. Everything was so beautifully done, and I really loved the plot. Of course, I realize, it wasn't quite as challenging as some of the others, but I don't really care because I just enjoyed the experience of the game.

Perhaps it was because it was the first FE I ever played, and I wasn't used to how awesome the series in general was.

If Shadow Dragon and Sacred Stones are considered the lesser games of the series, I really need to get my hands on the PoR and RD.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I don't have a clue why there is a great amount of hate for FE Shadow Dragon. I'll look more of why the hate. I enjoyed Shadow Dragon, though never really got into Wifi.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I may get pounced for this, but Sacred Stones has got to be my favorite FE game so far. I haven't played through all of them, but man! That game had so much magic for me. Everything was so beautifully done, and I really loved the plot. Of course, I realize, it wasn't quite as challenging as some of the others, but I don't really care because I just enjoyed the experience of the game.

Perhaps it was because it was the first FE I ever played, and I wasn't used to how awesome the series in general was.

If Shadow Dragon and Sacred Stones are considered the lesser games of the series, I really need to get my hands on the PoR and RD.
I actually enjoyed Sacred Stones a lot too. PoR and RD are great games, definitely play PoR first before playing RD though.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Radiant Dawn is my favorite in the series. Felt the most like an adventure. Plus I loved Micaiah and most of the characters. My favorites are Soren, Mia and Titania. Though Titania is mad nerfed in RD. I disliked Shadow Dragon because Marth is the only viable character sometimes. IDK theres something about the growth of the characters in that game...

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Radiant Dawn is my favorite in the series. Felt the most like an adventure. Plus I loved Micaiah and most of the characters. My favorites are Soren, Mia and Titania. Though Titania is mad nerfed in RD. I disliked Shadow Dragon because Marth is the only viable character sometimes. IDK theres something about the growth of the characters in that game...
*casts resurrection*

Have you SEEN the growths on Wolf and Sedgar? Those two are GODS among men.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
*casts resurrection*

Have you SEEN the growths on Wolf and Sedgar? Those two are GODS among men.
Lol I should replay it. I dont even remember who Wolf and Sedgar are O_o. I think the growth thing might just have been the RNG screwing with me.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hey guys, if you were just getting into this series, bar the JP only ones, what order would you suggest playing these? I'm talking gba/ds/GCN/Wii?(dunno if wii exists)

Thanks =D

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Concerning storylines, definitely play Path of Radiance (GCN) before Radiant Dawn (Wii), but other than that, the storylines for each game are independant. As far as difficulty goes, Sacred Stones (GBA) would be the best starting point if you want to start with the easiest game and work your way up. It's hard to say other than that, since people have differing opinions on which games they enjoyed the most.

I'd start with Sacred Stones first, then go to Blazing Sword (GBA), then play the console pair; the hardest difficulty in Blazing Sword is probably more difficult than anything in the other games barring possibly Shadow Dragon for the DS, but it takes a few playthroughs on different modes to unlock it, so unless you want to play it 3-4 times in a row, I'd break it up with PoR/RD. Shadow Dragon is good if you want to get a look at Marth's origins or you're really looking for the challenge (the higher difficulties are supposedly brutal, but I haven't played them), but the storyline is very bare-bones in comparison to the rest of the series. Good if you're all about the core gameplay, but I wouldn't recommend it if you like the story-telling.

On another note, I've been doing another playthrough of Radiant Dawn on Hard Mode. Aran got screwed this time around, which is really disappointing because he was my MVP in Micaiah's group on my first Hard Mode playthrough. D= His Str turned out really bad this time (He's a level 5 Halberdier, and he still hasn't hit 20 >.>), and he didn't gain Def/Skl quickly enough to justify using BEXP on him before he promoted, so his Spd is even worse than usual. As a result, he does very little damage to anything, and gets doubled by really stupid stuff. He couldn't even KO a Bishop that was already damaged in 3-12. >.< This, of course, causes him to gain EXP slowly, so falls even more behind. >.> Not looking forward to 3-13...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I was more or less asking if all the games connected in a timeline or not XD. I didn't know if it was like Metroid or Zelda(Mario, etc)

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Concerning storylines, definitely play Path of Radiance (GCN) before Radiant Dawn (Wii), but other than that, the storylines for each game are independant. As far as difficulty goes, Sacred Stones (GBA) would be the best starting point if you want to start with the easiest game and work your way up. It's hard to say other than that, since people have differing opinions on which games they enjoyed the most.

I'd start with Sacred Stones first, then go to Blazing Sword (GBA), then play the console pair; the hardest difficulty in Blazing Sword is probably more difficult than anything in the other games barring possibly Shadow Dragon for the DS, but it takes a few playthroughs on different modes to unlock it, so unless you want to play it 3-4 times in a row, I'd break it up with PoR/RD. Shadow Dragon is good if you want to get a look at Marth's origins or you're really looking for the challenge (the higher difficulties are supposedly brutal, but I haven't played them), but the storyline is very bare-bones in comparison to the rest of the series. Good if you're all about the core gameplay, but I wouldn't recommend it if you like the story-telling.

On another note, I've been doing another playthrough of Radiant Dawn on Hard Mode. Aran got screwed this time around, which is really disappointing because he was my MVP in Micaiah's group on my first Hard Mode playthrough. D= His Str turned out really bad this time (He's a level 5 Halberdier, and he still hasn't hit 20 >.>), and he didn't gain Def/Skl quickly enough to justify using BEXP on him before he promoted, so his Spd is even worse than usual. As a result, he does very little damage to anything, and gets doubled by really stupid stuff. He couldn't even KO a Bishop that was already damaged in 3-12. >.< This, of course, causes him to gain EXP slowly, so falls even more behind. >.> Not looking forward to 3-13...

Ive never used Aran because of that. Everytime I try to use him. Either his hp/speed or str gets screwed hard. :/ I used Edward more than him, I have more luck with him. >_>

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Aran should pretty much always Cap Str, Def and Skill. It's his speed you have to worry about, which is why you pump him full of BEXP as soon as he caps those three.

Name HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Aran- 50 75 - 10 - 75 35 - 35 70 - 25
The man is a TANK, however I find Nephenee destroys him in almost every way, so I usually use her, and Aran warms the bench after his limited use of walling **** in 3-6 and 3-13.

Also, on Wolf and Sedgar's growths:

Wolf 160 100 0 85 85 50 65 0
Sedgar 160 80 0 95 85 30 85 0
THEY CAN GET TWO HP PER LEVEL. O_O

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Edward is borderline useless in Hard Mode. -.- His growths are great, but his offense becomes terrible after the first couple chapters because the enemies are so much stronger and there's no weapon triangle. He can't double anything, his damage output is bad, and his defense is mediocre so leveling him up becomes nigh impossible. Aran's defenses make him amazing in Hard mode though. He can actually take hits, which enables him to get a lot more EXP than Edward ever will. I usually use both him and Nephenee in Hard Mode, but put them in different teams. Aran + Jill make a good defensive support, as well.

I looked up Aran's base stats. He starts with 10 Str at lvl 7, and he had 15 at lvl 20. So he gained 5 points of strength in 13 level-ups with a 75% growth. >.>

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Aran should pretty much always Cap Str, Def and Skill. It's his speed you have to worry about, which is why you pump him full of BEXP as soon as he caps those three.

Name HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Aran- 50 75 - 10 - 75 35 - 35 70 - 25
The man is a TANK, however I find Nephenee destroys him in almost every way, so I usually use her, and Aran warms the bench after his limited use of walling **** in 3-6 and 3-13.

Also, on Wolf and Sedgar's growths:

Wolf 160 100 0 85 85 50 65 0
Sedgar 160 80 0 95 85 30 85 0
THEY CAN GET TWO HP PER LEVEL. O_O
Whoa what the **** at those growths lol. And yeah Aran is good but I use nephenee as soon as I get her. Ive never bothered BEXP leveling him though so maybe thats why he always sucks :p.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Aran is extremely useful in hard mode, if only to carry the failbrigade through some of their chapters. I always use my Transfer Zihark and Nolan together for the godly Earth + Earth support so they never get hit. Transfer bonus Jill is also pretty sex, she'll usually cap STR, SPD, SKILL, and sometimes DEF in PoR.

But yeah, Wolf and Sedgar are pants-on-head retardedly good. They're only MILDLY handicapped by their low base stats and level, and somewhat late join time.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Fire Emblem really needs to go back to its GBA Roots. THOSE were the best of the series.

IMO, if they made more games just like that, for the DSI or 3DS, they would be tons more successful.
I agree, to a point. I loved every (US Released) game in the series up until they remade Shadow Dragon. SD completely sucked all the life out of the sprites, and just made the game feel lifeless.

I'm also disappointed in FE10 neutering the support system. PoR did it best, IMO.

Bring back the PROPER supports, and stick to the GBA style for handhelds, and stick with RD-style if they do more console FE's. I think they nailed console pretty well on 9 and 10.

Top Bottom