• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I just started my new PoR transfer run to gear up for RD. My Ike is already pants-on-head ******** good.

Level: 15
HP: 36 (Robed) - Average
Str: 17?!? - 5 ABOVE average
Mag: 4 - Average
Skill: 17 - 4 ABOVE average
Speed: 12 x_x - 2.5 under average
Luck: 11 - Average
Def: 11 - Average
Res: 3 - Below Average

I'm not too happy about his speed at the moment, but he has got SO much Strength that I don't even care. xD

TL?

Smash Ace
FE7 and 8 had awesome sprites. They were energetic, stylish, interesting, and overall very well done. FE9 and 10 had subpar boring 3d. The battles were uninteresting and slow. But, the thing I hate the most is the cat people. Yeah, I know that probably sounds like a petty thing to hate but this ruins the entire feel of the game for me. It used to be about knights, warriors, and mages with a dragon every once in a while. To me it's seeing a great franchise descend into lame marketable anime fanservice. It's an insult to an fe fan like me to think the designers thought, "Hey you know what FE fans would like? People with cat ears!". You might as well put space marines in the next pokemon game.

Sion

Island of Horizon
you have some valid points, so you're definitely entitled to think that way. as for me, i'm a bit more open minded about this stuff, so it didn't bother me that much. i'll admit, i liked FE7's battle sequence better, but FE9/10 isn't as bad as you make it out, just more realistic. also, i could careless whether they targeted FE9/10 to be anime fanservice-like, it still feels like FE in regards to stat growth, supports, and freaking 10-30% hit rates hitting my character to death.

but i guess haters gonna hate

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
FE7 and 8 had awesome sprites. They were energetic, stylish, interesting, and overall very well done. FE9 and 10 had subpar boring 3d. The battles were uninteresting and slow. But, the thing I hate the most is the cat people. Yeah, I know that probably sounds like a petty thing to hate but this ruins the entire feel of the game for me. It used to be about knights, warriors, and mages with a dragon every once in a while. To me it's seeing a great franchise descend into lame marketable anime fanservice. It's an insult to an fe fan like me to think the designers thought, "Hey you know what FE fans would like? People with cat ears!". You might as well put space marines in the next pokemon game.
You hate them because of the laguz? Not only is that petty and racist, but it provides an amazing amount of depth to the plot of BOTH games, since the laguz's underlying struggle for freedom from Begnion is always there. It drives a good portion of PoR's plot and basically IS RD's plot. It also lends itself to a lot of interesting support conversations like ShinonxJanaff, or ZiharkxMuarim.

You're right about your reason being petty, that's for sure.

Boring models I can give you for FE9, since that was their first foray into it and it does feel somewhat bland. However, FE10 did a superb job and everything looks great.

TL?

Smash Ace
You hate them because of the laguz? Not only is that petty and racist, but it provides an amazing amount of depth to the plot of BOTH games, since the laguz's underlying struggle for freedom from Begnion is always there. It drives a good portion of PoR's plot and basically IS RD's plot. It also lends itself to a lot of interesting support conversations like ShinonxJanaff, or ZiharkxMuarim.

You're right about your reason being petty, that's for sure.

Boring models I can give you for FE9, since that was their first foray into it and it does feel somewhat bland. However, FE10 did a superb job and everything looks great.
I played the games. Obviously they're a part of the story and have supports. Sure FE10's animations are better but they're still nowhere near as excellent as most the 2d games. There is not an amazing amount of depth in the story, especcially in FE10. FE10 basically took one step forward in graphics and 10 steps back in story.

Sion

Island of Horizon
story took 10 steps back? you sound like a troll, no offense.

It used to be about knights, warriors, and mages with a dragon every once in a while. To me it's seeing a great franchise descend into lame marketable anime fanservice. It's an insult to an fe fan like me to think the designers thought, "Hey you know what FE fans would like? People with cat ears!". You might as well put space marines in the next pokemon game.
lmao, you mad. there are obviously knights, warriors, mages, and dragons in FE9/10.
let's also take into account that FE8 had a little girl that could morph into a dragon. i'm not sure what you would call it, but i would call a loli (little girl) being able to morph into a dragon a little fanservice-like, no? point is, i have seen VERY LITTLE change through fire emblem series'. you just sound mad biased, bro.
examples for my argument:

how is wearing a skirt and thighhighs even remotely useful for being a swordwielder? not much different from an anime fanservice type thing, is it?

also rebecca being mad cute:

also,
FE7 = nobles fight to save the freaking world
FE8 = noble siblings save the world from
their maniac, possessed old friend, then a giant demon
FE9/10 = mercenaries help nobles save the freaking world

i don't understand the points you're trying to get at, but i'll agree with you that the 3 gba Fire Emblems are great. it's just the reasons that you give for hating FE9/10 hold no water whatsoever.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
story took 10 steps back? you sound like a troll, no offense.

also,
FE7 = nobles fight to save the freaking world
FE8 = noble siblings save the world from
their maniac, possessed old friend, then a giant demon
FE9/10 = mercenaries help nobles save the freaking world

i don't understand the points you're trying to get at, but i'll agree with you that the 3 gba Fire Emblems are great. it's just the reasons that you give for hating FE9/10 hold no water whatsoever.
^This basically sums up my opinions here. Fire Emblem is ALWAYS the same story, you should be HAPPY that 9 and 10 decided to mix it up a bit.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
2-P is easy as balls using Haar. 2-1 and 2-2 are Neph territory (specially with transfers), 2-3 is Geoffery and Kieran's business. 2-E is Haar, Neph, and Elincia until the CRK's show up. xD

Part 2 is pretty easy.

Kintenbo

Smash Cadet
Racist? Really? For disliking a terrible idea, you're going to put me in the same group as ignorant people who legitimately do hate others and discriminate? Grow up.

And by the way, I played the games. Obviously they're a part of the story and have supports. Sure FE10's animations are better but they're still nowhere near as excellent as most the 2d games. There is not an amazing amount of depth in the story, especcially in FE10. FE10 basically took one step forward in graphics and 10 steps back in story.
B-b-b-b-b-but Laguz are people, too! Just kidding, I'm half and half with my opinion on Laguz.

That said, I think Fire Emblem 10 is at least better than 9. 9 seemed pretty dull, while Radiant Dawn had some interesting stuff. People turning to stone and actually getting to fight against Ike was pretty interesting. Story-wise, I admit the whole "we don't need God" message kind of made me miffed. But hey, it's not like Fire Emblem didn't pull that off before. Fire Emblem Gaiden had a similar message.

Anyway, does anybody think I should play the original NES/Famicom version of Fire Emblem 1, just for the sake of being able to say that I literally have played every Fire Emblem game?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
2-P is easy as balls using Haar. 2-1 and 2-2 are Neph territory (specially with transfers), 2-3 is Geoffery and Kieran's business. 2-E is Haar, Neph, and Elincia until the CRK's show up. xD

Part 2 is pretty easy.
Already did ^^. Yep it was easy except for when the CRKs arrived. I almost lost there. :S Nephenee finished the chapter in level 13.
42 hp
19 str sooo low :/
26 skl ma
27 spd max
dont remember luck
20 def
18 res max
mag doesnt matter. She didnt have tranfer btw.
Im now with greil mercenaries, already did prologue.

EDIT- she actually did have transfer in str and res. I checked my PoR file and Nephenee had both str and res capped.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Already did ^^. Yep it was easy except for when the CRKs arrived. I almost lost there. :S Nephenee finished the chapter in level 13.
42 hp
19 str sooo low :/
26 skl ma
27 spd max
dont remember luck
20 def
18 res max
mag doesnt matter. She didnt have tranfer btw.
Im now with greil mercenaries, already did prologue.

EDIT- she actually did have transfer in str and res. I checked my PoR file and Nephenee had both str and res capped.
42 Hp is 5 above average.
19 str is average.
Mag DOES matter, since Neph becomes a prime candidate for 20 HP/turn imbue shenanigans. However, Wrath/Resolve is way more fun.
Skill, Speed and Res are all capped, which is average.
Def is one point above.

So your Neph is actually pretty standard, though if you DID get transfer on Strength then you got jipped a bit, but like Firefly said, the unit has to hit 20/20 in PoR, not just cap the stat.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Yep, Neph, Soren and Ike got stat transfers and were all 20/20. And yeah, I got screwed a bit in str. It always happens with my neph and since its hard mode I cant battle save abuse :(. Hard mode with the greils is a lot harder than I thought...I usually breeze through these chapters since the greils are all overpowered lol. Even with the speed, res, skl and def transfer of Soren its proving hard to baby him :(. Same with Rolf and Mia.

Kintenbo

Smash Cadet
Please... no. I KILL Oliver in 4-4 because of how awful he is.
How can anyone with a soul strike down such beauty? Y-y-you heathen, you fiend! You are not fit for this world!

That said, I wonder what the new battle themes for Hardin and Medeus will be like..........

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I always kill Oliver too XD. Btw Im @ chapter 12 the price right now in hard. Jill and Nolan beasting ;). And zomg @ nolan with beastfoe and tarvos in 3-6. Extremely broken. I mean 60 damage so early wtf.

Kintenbo

Smash Cadet
oliver joined my party, but i never use him anyways :laugh:
Oh, I hardly use him, too, other than the chapter he joins. I've used him a few times in the final chapter, though.

Hmmm, I'm considering a Let's Play of Fire Emblem 6, with the people I'm using with different classes! I just need to finally get the energy and motivation to do so......

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Please... no. I KILL Oliver in 4-4 because of how awful he is.
Oliver is a terrible person. He also makes the game more interesting when he's around. Any character with a personality is cool IMO.

Oh, I hardly use him, too, other than the chapter he joins. I've used him a few times in the final chapter, though.

Hmmm, I'm considering a Let's Play of Fire Emblem 6, with the people I'm using with different classes! I just need to finally get the energy and motivation to do so......
I never got around to beating FE6. I got close, but I lost all my files, so I couldn't finish it off. At least I made it far enough to have Rutger break 100% crit... ^.^

:005:

kr3wman

Smash Master
why is that a spoiler.

everyone knows he sucks pretty bad in every game he is in.

Sion

Island of Horizon
i dunno. whatever i think isn't common knowledge, i spoiler tag just in case.

he does get better after a certain point in FE6 though =\

Kintenbo

Smash Cadet
I'm a pretty big Gonzales fan myself. Him in Hard Mode, whooee! 42 HP at level 5? Yessiree that is great! He's definitely my favorite in Fire Emblem 6. Although, I don't think there's a way for him to get that crazy 100% critical rate...... Not that he really needs it! I was so happy to see Berserkers return in Shadow Dragon.....(though they didn't even exist in the original) I could go on and on and on and on about Berserkers, but that'd get annoying....

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
But Zerkers are awesome! RossZerker, Dart, Gonzo, they're all great. Except Dozla. What AWFUL bases.

And yeah, Roy sucks hard until he gets SoS. Such a dumb difficulty shift. Rutger FTW!

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Im in chapter 4 prologue. And I cant do it. FFFFFFFFFFFf. I hate the fact that there's no battle save. I really really really hate going through a chapter for a while perfectly then losing and having to start again. Im having trouble blocking the north bridge. My nolan is beast but I only got edward, sothe, aran and haar to block the other one. Which leaves me 2 to block the east one. :S I guess I could use naesala though...I just dont like laguz royals. Btw my aran is so bad right now, its kinda sad, he obv has capped str def and skl but his speed is 16 in 20/8. Which makes him get doubled a lot, he still survives though LOL.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Im in chapter 4 prologue. And I cant do it. FFFFFFFFFFFf. I hate the fact that there's no battle save. I really really really hate going through a chapter for a while perfectly then losing and having to start again. Im having trouble blocking the north bridge. My nolan is beast but I only got edward, sothe, aran and haar to block the other one. Which leaves me 2 to block the east one. :S I guess I could use naesala though...I just dont like laguz royals. Btw my aran is so bad right now, its kinda sad, he obv has capped str def and skl but his speed is 16 in 20/8. Which makes him get doubled a lot, he still survives though LOL.
If you didn't distribute your teams evenly, you're going to NEED the royals.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Probably a good idea. You are gonna have a hellish time in 4-4, but at least you have Haar for the desert.
Isnt 4-4 the greils? I have Nephenee, Rolf, Mia and Ike there, all tier 3.I also kinda have Soren but hes tier 2 still...not enough exp, especially since I failed some turn bonuses. I doubt it'll give me that much trouble. Gonna try the prologue again on sunday or monday. Have melee tourney tomorrow.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I can't tell if Tiki is the same or gotten better in the Fire Emblem remake. She plays very well in Shadow Dragon, IMO.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Isnt 4-4 the greils? I have Nephenee, Rolf, Mia and Ike there, all tier 3.I also kinda have Soren but hes tier 2 still...not enough exp, especially since I failed some turn bonuses. I doubt it'll give me that much trouble. Gonna try the prologue again on sunday or monday. Have melee tourney tomorrow.
Ah, my bad, I meant 4-3. The desert, with the Silver Army.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Im in endgame, dragon chapter. Took:
Ike - Ragnell
Sothe - Baselard
Micaiah- vantage, shade - Rexaura
Sanaki - Rexflame
Ena - Breath
Kurthnaga - Breath
Elincia- adept - Amiti
Soren- adept, shade, celerity - Rexcalubur
Mia- adept, gamble - Vague Katti
Rolf- nihil - Double Bow
Nolan- nihil, dragonfoe, provoke - Tarvos
Nephenee- provoke, imbue - Wishblade
Mist- Paragon - Fortify
Marcia- nothing - custom made silver lance 18+2 (named it: highwind)
Shinon- nothing- not using him didnt have enough money for another custom weapon...and silver bow is too weak + he got strength screwed.
Jill- vantage, resolve - Urvan
Reyson- pass - none duh

Im having a bit of trouble with no battle save in this chapter, I can get to dheginsea, but one mistake and its all over. :/ Nephenee, Rolf, Soren, Micaiah, Jill and Nolan maxed all stats. Ike got res screwed like always.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Im in endgame, dragon chapter. Took:
Ike - Ragnell
Sothe - Baselard
Micaiah- vantage, shade - Rexaura Why do you have vantage on a character that should never be getting attacked on the enemy phase? Furthermore, Purge > Rexaura for Micaiah, she shouldn't be frontlining.
Sanaki - Rexflame
Ena - Breath
Kurthnaga - Breath
Elincia- adept - Amiti
Soren- adept, shade, celerity - Rexcalubur Give his Adept to someone else, Sages have Garbage speed.
Mia- adept, gamble - Vague Katti Gamble sucks.
Rolf- nihil - Double Bow Why is Nihil on someone that should be attacking from 3+ squares away, and has no enemy phase? Give it to Ike or Jill, if she has space after dropping vantage.
Nolan- nihil, dragonfoe, provoke - Tarvos THUMBS UP
Nephenee- provoke, imbue - Wishblade
Mist- Paragon - Fortify Can you even bless staves? I didn't think you could.
Marcia- nothing - custom made silver lance 18+2 (named it: highwind)
Shinon- nothing- not using him didnt have enough money for another custom weapon...and silver bow is too weak + he got strength screwed. =(
Jill- vantage, resolve - Urvan Thumbs up.
Reyson- pass - none duh

Im having a bit of trouble with no battle save in this chapter, I can get to dheginsea, but one mistake and its all over. :/ Nephenee, Rolf, Soren, Micaiah, Jill and Nolan maxed all stats. Ike got res screwed like always.
Dheggy doesn't move, so if Rolf can hurt him, sit and plink away all day. Also, don't kill Nasir or gareth, they join you next chapter if they survive. Nasir's White Pool is GODLIKE.

Also, I question some of your choices. Marcia is pretty bad, and you didn't really need Mist, since you have Elincia, Micaiah, and Sanaki, all capable of healing. (I think Sanaki is, but it's been a while.)

It looks like you forgot to take skills off everyone you WEREN'T taking into the tower, tbh. Shinon, Marcia and Mist all could have been Laguz Royals instead, caektime all round.

I'm a beorc purist, so I never use Royals, but if you just want to complete the game, they're the way to go.

QUIVO

Smash Master
LOL i've only played one fire emblem, and never finished it.

You're going to make this war fun gnes rofl

Top Bottom