• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

rockem7

Smash Ace
I've heard this but I've never confirmed/checked myself, but in Radiant Dawn, Meg and Fiona are considered two of the worst characters, right?

§leepy God

Smash Master
I've heard this but I've never confirmed/checked myself, but in Radiant Dawn, Meg and Fiona are considered two of the worst characters, right?
Pretty much, mainly because not only you have to baby them, but just about every other unit is more powerful. At least with Fiona, she has great speed so you can at least hit twice, (though she's not very strong). She also has valuable skill equipment, (Imbue and Savior). Meg is just there to warm the seat, or a good handicap if you use her.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Meg and Fiona make up two of the three characters in the unholy trio, the other being Lyre.

They're basically screwed by joining late and under-leveled on the fail brigade. They're not that bad if you actually train them, but the effort required to get them up to par is absurd, even on easy or normal, let alone Hard.

They're very unfortunate characters, but I think IS is just hating anyway. The fat chick and the brown girl are both awful? Coincidence?! I THINK NOT.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Dheggy doesn't move, so if Rolf can hurt him, sit and plink away all day. Also, don't kill Nasir or gareth, they join you next chapter if they survive. Nasir's White Pool is GODLIKE.

Also, I question some of your choices. Marcia is pretty bad, and you didn't really need Mist, since you have Elincia, Micaiah, and Sanaki, all capable of healing. (I think Sanaki is, but it's been a while.)

It looks like you forgot to take skills off everyone you WEREN'T taking into the tower, tbh. Shinon, Marcia and Mist all could have been Laguz Royals instead, caektime all round.

I'm a beorc purist, so I never use Royals, but if you just want to complete the game, they're the way to go.
Yeah, Fortify isnt blessed. -_- I just put it there, because its her only equipment along with other staves. I was counting on her being able to alondite or something, but it was SS so >_>. She cant even use Matrona because she doesnt reach SS staves. So I only use her for physics and fortify...Sanaki isnt able to heal btw. And yes, I was thinking of purging with micaiah, but I saw that rexaura boosted def, so I went with that instead >_<.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Micaiah should NEVER be attacked directly. D: Ergo, defense and direct attacking is pretty useless. >_>

Kintenbo

Smash Cadet
Meg and Fiona make up two of the three characters in the unholy trio, the other being Lyre.

They're basically screwed by joining late and under-leveled on the fail brigade. They're not that bad if you actually train them, but the effort required to get them up to par is absurd, even on easy or normal, let alone Hard.

They're very unfortunate characters, but I think IS is just hating anyway. The fat chick and the brown girl are both awful? Coincidence?! I THINK NOT.
Hey, if you want screwed over, try Fire Emblem 3/12 Est on for size. At least the others start with weapons and are not surrounded by high leveled enemies! Oh, and there's also Sophia in Fire Emblem 6, who doesn't even become good even when leveled (unless you RNG abuse like mad).

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey, if you want screwed over, try Fire Emblem 3/12 Est on for size. At least the others start with weapons and are not surrounded by high leveled enemies! Oh, and there's also Sophia in Fire Emblem 6, who doesn't even become good even when leveled (unless you RNG abuse like mad).
Sophia doesn't turn out completely awful, but she's also completely over-shadowed by Rei, so why bother?

Est, I've heard, is basically what Nino is like in FE7. Great if you train her, but horrendously bad start.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
@ Raziek- Rolf has nihil because double bow makes him have an enemy phase and his 61 total strength is a lot more than most characters which helps to break the ashera walls. The other wall breakers being Ike and Nolan. Btw, I finally did it! I finally beat this game in hard mode. Soon, I'll replay PoR. Btw top 5 was:
5- Nephenee
4- Soren
3- Rolf
2- Jill
1- Nolan

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ah, yeah, I guess he's alright to have Nihil for busting the auras.

Congratulations on completing it. :)

Mercenary

Smash Rookie
Wow. I joined this forum JUST for the purpose of making one post in this thread... wow.

I feel the need to revive a somewhat dead thread that I stumbled upon and say a thing or two about the characters in Path of Radiance (this is only one of two FE games I've played, I've yet to try Radiant Dawn). For your own safety, turn back immediately if you're one of those people that can't handle the opinions of others when it comes to Fire Emblem characters. I have a tendency to appreciate underrated characters, and dislike overrated characters.

Mist is a criminally underrated unit. I know as well as anybody else that she can be a pain in the *** to keep away from enemies while she's still a Cleric due to her very poor defense, and that she starts out as a mediocre healer. I also know that she requires 2-3 levels of bonus EXP at the end of each chapter from Chapter 9 until promotion if you want to promote her as soon as possible. I'm guessing that no one has ever really bothered to promote her into a Valkyrie, because when this happens, your work is ultimately rewarded, and rewarded largely. When promoted, Mist acquires a horse, which allows her to heal someone on the front line and then move back to safety in one turn, and this is something Rhys cannot accomplish.

The general argument used against Mist is her poor defense. You can't really deny it because it's in the statistics, but Mist has incredible evasive ability as a Valkyrie. I mean INCREDIBLE. Enemies will have a REALLY hard time hitting Mist. Another argument against her is her use of swords, which does not agree with her low Strength. However, Mist has high Magic, and works perfectly with magic swords. Just remember to fix the Sonic Sword (Tanith has it when she joins your team) with a Hammerne, because it doesn't have a lot of uses. There's also the Runesword that you get when you defeat Bertram in Chapter 26. However, you have to up her sword proficiency from D to B (A if she's going to use the Runesword). It's not as difficult as it looks at first - just forge her a Steel Sword with max Might, lower Weight, and if you want to, max Critical %. If you don't get her sword proficiency up to B before the forged weapon breaks, just give her an Iron Blade, and it should be up to B after 5 uses. You're also forced to use Mist in the Black Knight fight, so it becomes less painful if Mist is a Valkyrie and can use the Physic staff.

There's a lot of good that I can say about Mist, but a lot of people just can't seem to look past her poor Defense. On your next playthrough in PoR, I really encourage you to give her a try.

...Holy crap. All that to be said about a single character. Hmm... looks like I'm making more than one post on underrated PoR characters. I'll be back later, or tomorrow.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm actually using her on this run, but really, she's not worth it. With the exception of Physics, she's outclassed by the Sages, since they can frontline. On top of that, to actually USE her you have to favor her insanely.

You listed:

2-3 levels of BEXP PER CHAPTER
The Sonic Sword + Several Hammerne Uses
A maxed Steel Forge
And a Hell of a lot of favoritism.

All this yields...... a moving physic bot that is STILL trash garbage in combat, and is completely outclassed by all the Paladins and most of the foot units.

If I wanted a mobile physic, I'd use Elincia. She's really only good for making the Burger King a little easier.

Also, if you can't use Rhys to frontline heal, your positioning is way off/you're doing it wrong.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Lol the burger king XD. I finished my replay of PoR the other day (in hard this time). It wasy so easy compared to RD. :S I mean, RD's last chapters in hard mode are easy as heck too, but PoR was too easy from start to finish in hard :/. I got a few better transfers than the last one too.

I got:
Godly Ike hp, str, skl, spd, def capped
Good Soren mag, skl, spd, res capped
Awesome Nephenee str, skl, spd capped, almost capped def :( (27)
Good Rolf str, skl, spd, def capped
wtfhax Elincia mag, skl, spd, res capped
Kinda good Jill str, spd, def capped

There were a few other chars I used but couldnt get them to level 20 in time :(. Also, I always use Mist and promote her but refuse to waste BEXP on such garb units, I just use her to beat the burger king XD. Elincia's so much better :D.

Mercenary

Smash Rookie
You listed: 2-3 levels of BEXP PER CHAPTER
Unless you're playing on Hard mode, this is not a lot.

The Sonic Sword + Several Hammerne Uses
I only needed one Hammerne use.

A maxed Steel Forge
It is affordable, given that you get a large amount of gold in PoR.

And a Hell of a lot of favoritism.
Point this 'favoritism' out to me, please.

All this yields...... a moving physic bot that is STILL trash garbage in combat, and is completely outclassed by all the Paladins and most of the foot units.
I capped Mist's Magic on every playthrough (at 25). This is actually ABOVE (though only slightly above) the Strength cap of...

Mia (22)
Volke (23)
Stefan (24)
Marcia (23)

I know there's more, but these are the only examples that I have off the top of my head. Her Magic cap is also on par with the Strength cap of other foot units and Paladins.

On top of this, Mist will almost never get hurt by Magic attacks, making her a superb unit for long-range magic bait and a magical wall.

If I wanted a mobile physic, I'd use Elincia. She's really only good for making the Burger King a little easier.
She is a good mobile Physic user, but comes in really late. I thought having another mobile Physic would come in handy, as well as someone who takes out Magic units with ease, but Elincia comes in very late and even more underleveled - at level 1. Sure, she's promoted, but that's really under leveled. I got her up to level 20 before Endgame, but had to drop 10 levels worth of BEXP on her.

Also, if you can't use Rhys to frontline heal, your positioning is way off/you're doing it wrong.
In order for him to frontline heal, I have to put him right behind the frontline units, where he's still susceptible to bows and other ranged weapons due to his poor Defense. (And don't tell me to move the healed unit forward in order to protect him from bows, because unless someone's about to die, I use healers after offensive units.) Unlike promoted Mist, however, Rhys does not evade enough to compensate for this, even after his own promotion.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Unless you're playing on Hard mode, this is not a lot.

I only needed one Hammerne use.

It is affordable, given that you get a large amount of gold in PoR.
I am assuming you're playing on Hard. I assume that in all my debating. And in all of these cases, the answer is, "Why would I waste these resources on Mist, when they are put to much better use by someone else?"

Point this 'favoritism' out to me, please.
Everything you just mentioned. If you're going to have her frontline at all, you have to sink so much into her just to get an offensive unit that gets TRASHED by all the Paladins and Jill. If you plan to have her heal, why would you waste so much effort on her? She levels awfully slow and Rhys is already 10 times better by the time she joins.

Using her is wasting a lot of resources for mediocre return in BOTH areas, since there are a plethora of units who do her job better than she does. Nevermind that her movement is GARBAGE, and can't at all keep up with your frontline until she promotes. She has a lot of work to do to get to a Physic, which means you'll probably have to waste a lot of turns burning the barrier staff to raise her weapon level.

In addition, until she gets to physic-point, she can't even go anywhere NEAR the frontline without getting one-shotted by some turd with a Javelin. Since you already mentioned you can't protect Rhys, you're clearly not able to protect Mist without having EVERY unit concetrate on protecting her, which completely nerfs your efficiency.

Using Mist is essentially handicapping yourself by diverting a lot of resources for little return. Especially since she's nearly completely useless until she promotes, and by the point you have multiple sages who can frontline heal, and Rhys and Elincia are STILL kicking the crap out of her in the healing department.

Using the magic swords on her is not a COMPLETE waste, since there are few other candidates, but I'd much rather just use RNG-proof Tanith or Elincia.

I capped Mist's Magic on every playthrough (at 25). This is actually ABOVE (though only slightly above) the Strength cap of...

Mia (22)
Volke (23)
Stefan (24)
Marcia (23)

I know there's more, but these are the only examples that I have off the top of my head. Her Magic cap is also on par with the Strength cap of other foot units and Paladins.

On top of this, Mist will almost never get hurt by Magic attacks, making her a superb unit for long-range magic bait and a magical wall.
Ok, first off, PEMN. (Personal Experience Means Nothing)

Second, that magic cap means almost nothing since she doesn't hit it until 20/17 on average. At 20/1, when you FINALLY get this "return" from your investments, she's at a paltry 17.5 magic. Soren is at about 18, Rhys is at an obscene 22.5, and even Ilyana is probably better if you used her, since she'll have promoted LONG before Mist did.

In the offense department, Mist's Speed at 20/1 is an awful 17.5, which is doubling virtually nothing at that point in the game, so her offense is trash and she doesn't even really have the godly avoid that you claim she does. She'll only have 28.5 health and s whopping 8 defense, so if she takes ANY hits she'll probably die, which is not a liability I want on my team.

Furthermore, ALL of the units you mentioned have qualities that completely blow Mist out of the water. Mia comes early with a great ability and affinity, and has way better avoid AND offense, since she has the FirexFire with Rhys, and FirexLight with Ilyana if you use her. Mist's water affinity gives her no real benefit. I suppose she has a decent claim to the Boyd support, but Titania would rather have it, since Boyd is frontlining EFFECTIVELY, unlike Mist.

Volke has Lethality, Shade, Great avoid, and near-RNG proof offense, in addition to being a lot easier to train up. Yeah, he's locked into Knives, but if favoritism on Mist is ok, then feeding Volke a kill or two is no problem. On top of that, he already has a claim to a spot in most chapters thanks to his godly utility in thieving, opening chests and doors.

Stefan joins RNG-proof with no effort required whatsoever. Yeah, he's not top-notch thanks to his low luck, but he's already contributing more than Mist ever will.

Marcia joins in the same chapter as Mist, but the difference is that she's a FLIER, is already level 5 and can start contributing immediately.

Her magic cap being on par, again, means little, since she doesn't hit it until MUCH later, and you have to burn all the magic swords on her. The baiting point is completely useless too. If she's the one being attacked, then the rest of your army is sitting out of range doing nothing, so you've killed your efficiency. If your army IS moving, she isn't being attacked.

She is a good mobile Physic user, but comes in really late. I thought having another mobile Physic would come in handy, as well as someone who takes out Magic units with ease, but Elincia comes in very late and even more underleveled - at level 1. Sure, she's promoted, but that's really under leveled. I got her up to level 20 before Endgame, but had to drop 10 levels worth of BEXP on her.
Difference is, Elincia joins with an A in staves and Amiti, so she's already destroying Mist. If you actually USE her, she completely destroys Mist in both offense and healing, AND she flies. AND has a 2 chapter A support with Ike. besides, if 10 levels of BEXP is fine for Mist, then it's fine for Elincia, who gives you a WAY better return for your investment.

In order for him to frontline heal, I have to put him right behind the frontline units, where he's still susceptible to bows and other ranged weapons due to his poor Defense. (And don't tell me to move the healed unit forward in order to protect him from bows, because unless someone's about to die, I use healers after offensive units.) Unlike promoted Mist, however, Rhys does not evade enough to compensate for this, even after his own promotion.
If you're moving healers second, you're probably doing it wrong. Only time they should move second is if they're using a physic. If you have to heal your units AFTER they attacked the enemy, you didn't attack intelligently.

As I said in the beginning,
"Why would I waste these resources on Mist, when they are put to much better use by someone else?"

Disclaimer: I may come off as a little aggressive, but that's just my debating voice.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Yeah, healers should move first. Raziek knows his stuff :D. I dont agree with Marcia being good right away though, she can hardly contribute anything in chapter 9 >_>.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yeah, healers should move first. Raziek knows his stuff :D. I dont agree with Marcia being good right away though, she can hardly contribute anything in chapter 9 >_>.
I didn't say GOOD, I just said she can contribute. As in, you don't have to spend 19 levels babying her.

Investing in her pays off immediately though, since Marcia quickly joins Jill and the Paladins as one of the best units, since movement speed is SUPER SRS GOOD in this particular FE.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I didn't say GOOD, I just said she can contribute. As in, you don't have to spend 19 levels babying her.

Investing in her pays off immediately though, since Marcia quickly joins Jill and the Paladins as one of the best units, since movement speed is SUPER SRS GOOD in this particular FE.
Ah, yeah. Btw, who's better Tanith or Marcia?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ah, yeah. Btw, who's better Tanith or Marcia?
Marcia turns out better at 20/20, but not by a whole lot. Their growths are pretty equal, but Marcia is a few points ahead in Strength, Res, and Speed at 20/10.

Tanith also brings Reinforce and her Earth affinity, so that's a big plus. TanithxOscar is an awesome, easy-to-build support. TanithxMarcia is also completely viable if you want to use both, and Marcia has a Kieran support as well.

Really, you can't go wrong with either, but Tanith is just a little easier to use.

D

Deleted member

iirc tanith is the best unit in PoR because Reinforce is dumb. having earth x earth with another nearly indestructable unit (oscar) and canto isn't hurting either.

Mercenary

Smash Rookie
iirc tanith is the best unit in PoR because Reinforce is dumb. having earth x earth with another nearly indestructable unit (oscar) and canto isn't hurting either.
I agree that Reinforce is a bit overrated... I only see partner units as experience thieves, which is something you can't afford in hard mode. The only use I've had for Reinforce is ballista bait.

I'm thinking about giving up on the Mist debate, simply because the posts are getting waaay too long. =_=

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I agree that Reinforce is a bit overrated... I only see partner units as experience thieves, which is something you can't afford in hard mode. The only use I've had for Reinforce is ballista bait.

I'm thinking about giving up on the Mist debate, simply because the posts are getting waaay too long. =_=
That's raziek for u lulz.

I started a new hard mode playthrough (PoR). My Ike is so str screwed in this one :/. My Soren is godly and RNG blessed in def though...

Mercenary

Smash Rookie
That's raziek for u lulz.

I started a new hard mode playthrough (PoR). My Ike is so str screwed in this one :/. My Soren is godly and RNG blessed in def though...
Ugh. I think the series could do without the random-stat gaining when leveling up. In FE8, my Marisa has been Strength-screwed, and Ross has been Speed-screwed. :/

RNG = Range, right? If so, then I don't know what you mean by "RNG-blessed". Sorry, but I didn't start playing FE until late June, so I'm still n00bish compared to the rest of you. Lawl.

Also, I sent this PM to Raziek, but I figured more opinions would help. The gist of the problem is that I have too few promotion items, and can't decide who to promote. (The game in question is FE:SS.)

I have only one Hero Crest, no Master Seals, and 3 units who promote via Hero Crest. Which should I use it on, and what should I promote them to?

Gerik (lv. 19 Mercenary, promotes to Hero (swords and axes) or Ranger (swords and bows))

The "middle ground" of the three. Strength is lower than Ross's, but higher than Marisa's. Speed is higher than Ross's, but lower than Marisa's. Has a B support level with Marisa.

Ross (lv. 18 Fighter, promotes to Warrior (axes and bows) or Hero)

The strongest, but slowest, of the three. Rarely double-attacks without Iron Axes, but on the upside, doesn't need much more than Iron Axes. Shares a C level support with Amelia (level 4 Paladin).

Marisa (lv. 20 Myrmidon, promotes to Assassin (has a skill called Silencer, and I don't know what it does) or Swordmaster)

The fastest, but weakest, of the three. Scores more critical hits than the other two (even without Shamshir). Shares a B level support with Gerik.

And then I have only one Guiding Ring, since I made the stupid mistake of wasting one on Lute. Should I use it on...

Ewan (level 16 mage) or L'Arachel (level 11 Troubadour)? I know that I need to level both units up a bit more before using the Guiding Ring, so I won't use it just as soon as I get an answer.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
She's good, but not the best.

Best for efficiency is Titania and Jill, then all the Paladins + Marcia and Tanith behind them.

Titania destroys the early game and movement is god in this particular FE.

Also, I sent you a PM, Merc.
AND RNG stands for "random number generator", which is why when TLM says his Soren got RNG-blessed, that means he got way luckier than usual and got defense ups several times in a row off of a really low growth rate.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
haters gonna hate, mist is definitely amazing and i use her on every playthrough. but then again i have to wonder if im playing the same game as everyone else. thousands of words about stat growth averages and wasted resources and "personal experience means nothing".... how such objectivity can exist in a game so easy that you can solo it with the main character is beyond me

D

Deleted member

right, titania exists, what was i thinking.

while we're debating units, i think micaiah is really horribly underrated.

Mercenary

Smash Rookie
haters gonna hate, mist is definitely amazing and i use her on every playthrough. but then again i have to wonder if im playing the same game as everyone else. thousands of words about stat growth averages and wasted resources and "personal experience means nothing".... how such objectivity can exist in a game so easy that you can solo it with the main character is beyond me
Heh heh. I knew I wasn't the only one out there who appreciates Mist! :D

Umbreon said:
right, titania exists, what was i thinking.

while we're debating units, i think micaiah is really horribly underrated.
She, like all other Jeigans/Jagens, is only effective as a human shield. Just unequip their weapons/trade them to someone else, and watch as everyone tries to hit your human shield. And when they do hit, it's not a lot of damage. However, Titania's effectiveness wears off about halfway through. But you probably already knew this, right?

And I've never played FE9, so I don't know anything about Micaiah. But from what I've heard, she has to be RNG-blessed in the Speed department and/or get ALL your Speedwings to be really effective.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It's called LTC (low turn count) runs. We know the game is easy, that's why we create artificial challenge.

She, like all other Jeigans/Jagens, is only effective as a human shield. Just unequip their weapons/trade them to someone else, and watch as everyone tries to hit your human shield. And when they do hit, it's not a lot of damage. However, Titania's effectiveness wears off about halfway through. But you probably already knew this, right?

And I've never played FE9, so I don't know anything about Micaiah. But from what I've heard, she has to be RNG-blessed in the Speed department and/or get ALL your Speedwings to be really effective.
Uhh, Titania is not a Jeigan, she's an Oifey. She APPEARS to be a Jeigan, but she'll still pull her weight in end-game, since her growths don't actually suck.

She's also 100% needed if you want to shave turns in the first 12-14 chapters or so.

let me dig up my opinions on Micaiah.

First up: Micaiah.

Micaiah is a good unit with some very confusing growth allocations. She has an 80 in Magic and Luck, and a 90 in res. She will basically ALWAYS cap these, no matter what. Fortunately, that means her late Tier 3 forced promotion makes her a prime candidate for some BEXP as soon as she caps anything. Otherwise, her abysmal Hp, Speed, and Def growths mean she's basically a useless frontline unit. She can't survive on her luck alone, and her iffy speed growth of 35 means she'll rarely be doubling anything, and is sometimes at RISK of getting doubled, which she cannot possibly stand on hard mode. Her luck doesn't cover her avoid issues completely, and her awful HP and Defense means she can stand ONE hit, MAYBE two, tops.

If she wasn't forced for endgame, I wouldn't bother with her, but she is, so you can't ignore her. Part 1 she's great for potshots as long as you keep her safe from harm, part 3 she's incredibly lackluster. (Being stuck in the top for all of 3-13 does not help her case) her affinty is OK, but not amazing, you may as well keep her Auto-A with Sothe, since he's going to spend a lot of time guarding her anyway.

Come end-game she's basically going to be a staff *****. Bless a purge so she can actually attack when she feels like it, don't bother with trying to Frontline with Nosferatu or RexAura, she's pretty pitiful against Dragons anyway.

Rating: 5/10, I only use her since she's forced.

D

Deleted member

titania is such that if you abuse her, rather than her hogging exp, you get so much bexp that you actually end up benefiting from it. combined with the fact that titania continues to carry her weight, titania is the only character in PoR that guarantees that your party will be better off for including that unit no matter what, making her the best in the game.

I've had great success supporting Micaiah with Nolan for Part 1, and she remains fairly capable frontlines so long as that support is active.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Micaiah has always capped everything in my playthroughs lulz, even in hard. I agree that she is underrated. I almost never lose a chapter because of her. I do lose chapters to ike in PoR though...****ing rng screwed ike >_>. On the other hand, I dont want to restart because my Boyd, Oscar and Soren are AMAZING. Still in chapter 8. Btw, should I do chapter 10 in stealth this time? I almost always just let them spot me, but I wonder if the BEXP is worth it in hard mode?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Micaiah has always capped everything in my playthroughs lulz, even in hard. I agree that she is underrated. I almost never lose a chapter because of her. I do lose chapters to ike in PoR though...****ing rng screwed ike >_>. On the other hand, I dont want to restart because my Boyd, Oscar and Soren are AMAZING. Still in chapter 8. Btw, should I do chapter 10 in stealth this time? I almost always just let them spot me, but I wonder if the BEXP is worth it in hard mode?

I did it in stealth this playthrough, the BEXP is definitely worth it, but you'll almost certainly need a guide if you want to get optimal results.

Saving all the laguz, however, is not even CLOSE to worth it.

As for MicaiahxNolan, I disagree with depriving another viable frontliner like Zihark, Jill, or Volug of that tasty Earth support, but I suppose it IS a possibility. She's better off taking pot-shots than frontlining. I always have her at 20 by the BK chapter anyway. Thanibombing Knights gives SO much tasty EXP.

D

Deleted member

earth x dark is almost as good, and those units are the best from that party anyway so might as well keep them together. I also have a strong distaste for sothe in general, he's just disappointing.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Yeah, Sothe is sooo bad. 28 str cap and late promotion = fail. Im in chapter 10 now and reading a guide, its still hard as heck to beat it in stealth O_o. I do one mistake sooner or later. On the plus, I know the first 8 turns by memory already x_x.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That was my point, Umbreon. Zihark, Jill, Nolan, Micaiah and Sothe are really the only DB units that have a shot at endgame, so they should be supporting each other. Micaiah and Sothe only make it because they're forced, so I keep them together.

ZiharkxNolan is the god pairing that destroys everything, and I usually do Jill/Volug since they have compatible mobility. Jill usually supports with Haar for Part 4/Endgame.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I did stealth, had to improvise lmao. I messed up hard in one turn and I also wanted to get the statue frag, after marcia and titania get to where the boss is, u can just go with oscar and volke and avoid the watches really easily. Then, escape with everyone and get more BEXP. I got 770 IIRC.

That was my point, Umbreon. Zihark, Jill, Nolan, Micaiah and Sothe are really the only DB units that have a shot at endgame, so they should be supporting each other. Micaiah and Sothe only make it because they're forced, so I keep them together.

ZiharkxNolan is the god pairing that destroys everything, and I usually do Jill/Volug since they have compatible mobility. Jill usually supports with Haar for Part 4/Endgame.
Sothe doesnt have to be deployed though ;). So u dont have to give him kills at all. If only he had 32 str cap and lethality like Volke :/. And if he actually had a good speed growth...Sothe is so fail :/. Btw, do any of you have a tier list for RD and PoR? I wanna know where these characters are:

Ike
Haar
Jill
Nephenee
Rolf
Shinon
Soren
Titania
Elincia
Mia
Nolan
Boyd
Oscar
PoR Rhys
Micaiah
Sothe

Those are the character I use the most D:. Except for Sothe, but Im still curious XD.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
POR Tier List (Most recent version from serenesforest.net)

Titania tier

Titania

Jill
Oscar
Kieran
Boyd
Marcia

High

Ike
Reyson
Tanith
Astrid
Makalov
Muarim

Upper-Mid

Nephenee
Mordecai
Lethe
Mist
Volke
Zihark
Soren
Mia
Stefan
Ilyana
Rhys

Mid

Sothe
Brom
Gatrie
Geoffrey
Calill
Tormod
Devdan

Lower-Mid

Haar
Largo
Ranulf
Tauroneo

Low

Janaff
Shinon
Elincia
Rolf
Ulki
Nasir
Lucia
Ena
Bastian

RD Tier List (Note, the T's indicate a transfer bonus)

Easy Mode (T-1)
Ike (T - HP, Str, Skl, Spd, Def)

Top (4) (T-2)
Reyson (N/T - Skl)
Ike
Haar (N/T - HP)
Mia (T - Str, Skl, Spd)
Titania (T - Spd, Skl)
Volug

High (11) (T-3)
Sothe (N/T)
Mia
Titania
Gatrie (N/T - Str, Skl, Spd, Def)
Leanne
Nailah
Ulki (T - Str)
Janaff (N/T)
Ulki
Nolan
Nephenee (T - Str, Skl, Spd)
Shinon (N/T - Skl, Spd)
Jill (T - Str, Skl, Spd)
Rafiel

Upper Middle (14) (T-5)
Zihark (N/T - Str, Skl, Spd)
Micaiah
Elincia (N/T - Mag, Skl, Spd)
Black Knight
Tibarn
Naesala
Oscar (T - Str, Skl, Spd)
Nephenee
Laura
Jill
Boyd (T - HP, Str, Spd)
Oscar
Mordecai (N/T)
Ranulf (N/T)
Marcia (T - Str, Skl, Spd)
Aran
Boyd
Mist (T - Mag, Spd)
Rolf (T - Str, Spd)

Middle (14) (T-6)
Mist
Marcia
Heather
Brom (T - HP, Skl, Spd, Def)
Tauroneo (N/T)
Brom
Soren (T - Mag, Skl, Spd, Res)
Rhys (N/T - Mag, Skl, Res)
Tanith (T - Skl, Spd)
Giffca (T - Str)
Caineghis/Giffca
Muarim (N/T)
Skrimir
Kieran (T - Str, Skl, Spd)
Makalov (T - Str, Spd, Def)
Tanith
Kieran
Calill (N/T)
Soren

Lower Middle (16) (T-1)
Geoffrey (N/T - Spd)
Edward
Lucia (N/T)
Volke (N/T - Str, Skl, Spd)
Stefan (N/T - Str, Skl, Spd)
Tormod (N/T)
Rolf
Ilyana (T - Mag, Skl, Res)
Leonardo
Nealuchi
Nasir
Ilyana
Ena
Sigrun
Makalov
Danved (N/T - Str)
Vika

Low (9) (T-1)
Kurthnaga
Lethe (N/T)
Renning
Gareth
Sanaki
Bastian (N/T - Str)
Lehran
Kyza
Astrid (T - Str, Skl, Spd)
Pelleas

Bottom (5)
Oliver
Astrid
Meg
Fiona
Lyre

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Whoa wtf, why is Sothe higher than Elincia and Rolf in PoR? :S They're both amazing units and Sothe is useless, he cant promote, gets KO'd easily in his joining chapter and grows slowly because of blossom. And wtf @ volug in top :S. What is the criteria used for the tier list? D: Lol @ Titania tier and easy mode tier :p.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Rolf is pretty garbage and has no enemy phase at all EVER. He also comes at level 1, and in a low-turn count hard mode run (which is what this tier list is based on), he has no place on the team. Elincia just comes too late to be salvaged without a buttload of bexp, which is NOT in abundance on hard.

Sothe at least contributes with thieving utility in Chapter 22 (The priests) and Chapter 13 (The second boat level).

Volug is in Top because he ***** in DB part 1 and 3 at shaving turns.

Realizer

Smash Rookie
Rolf and Elincia suck at fighting. Sothe also sucks at fighting but he can thief stuff.
Titania is the best unit for 90% of PoR. Just look at her growths...
Volug has Earth affinity and everyone in the Dawn Brigade aside from Zihark kinda has issues.

Anyways, the new FEDS game is kinda amazing. I want it to come out here in the states already :(

Also, Marcus is amazing. Discuss.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Marcus is amazing for shaving turns. Marcus statistically is eclipsed by almost every unit in the game. xD He's just absurdly useful for the earlygame.

Top Bottom