• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry. I was thinking of Chapter 27 as Chaper 25. 25 is what I meant. Jerme's map to be exact.
I see. An interesting choice. Jerme's such an amusing character and the only Assassin I know of that you face in the series as far as this country is concerned (fully expecting to be corrected). Btw, do you like to get Harken or Karel?

@Chrislionheart: Farina. Best Pegasus Knight/Falcoknight I've seen. I've never regreted upgrading her, and I do so almost every time I play Hector's story, which I have done a fair number of times. But that's just my opinion.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
@Chrislionheart: Farina. Best Pegasus Knight/Falcoknight I've seen. I've never regreted upgrading her, and I do so almost every time I play Hector's story, which I have done a fair number of times. But that's just my opinion.
Tanith is the best Falcon Knight in the series due to her earth affinity and Re-enforce skill. Even if she wasn't a decent unit stat-wise, that skill would still make her useful in FE9. In FE10 she isn't as useful, but with the skill that protects her against bonus damage and a maxed earth/earth support, she is one of, if not the, best lance users in the game.

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
Tanith is the best Falcon Knight in the series due to her earth affinity and Re-enforce skill. Even if she wasn't a decent unit stat-wise, that skill would still make her useful in FE9. In FE10 she isn't as useful, but with the skill that protects her against bonus damage and a maxed earth/earth support, she is one of, if not the, best lance users in the game.
I'll not deny that at least in 10, Tanith is the best Pegasus-based unit. She's my personal second favorite of them all, only behind Farina. I just find more use for Farina in 7 then Tanith in 10. There are so many variables that you couldn't really say who's outright better. In my experience, and again, I don't look these things up for exact numbers, they both have the stat advantage of the speed and skill of thier class, and the strength and defense of thier personal growth. I'm pretty sure Tanith's better for skill and Farina's better for speed, though.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I see. An interesting choice. Jerme's such an amusing character and the only Assassin I know of that you face in the series as far as this country is concerned (fully expecting to be corrected). Btw, do you like to get Harken or Karel?

Definitely Harken.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Tanith's better on average in skill and speed while Farina is better in everything else. It's different games though. I'm pretty sure that, in combat Farina is one of the better units in her game, but just being a pegasus knights reduces her efficiency.

:/

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I choose Karel simply because I really like him as a character. And he is by no means a -bad- unit.

But Karel vs. Harken brings up another similar choice: Samson vs. Alan

Personally, I choose Alan for the better free equipment. They both pretty much suck as characters.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I choose Karel simply because I really like him as a character. And he is by no means a -bad- unit.

But Karel vs. Harken brings up another similar choice: Samson vs. Alan

Personally, I choose Alan for the better free equipment. They both pretty much suck as characters.
When I first saw there was an Alan in SD, my mind immediately pictured Alan from FE6. I was SO disappointed when I first used him in a battle. Then again, the whole SD as a game was kinda a disappointment.

And I choose Harken because I prefer his class.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768

But Karel vs. Harken brings up another similar choice: samson vs. Alan

I go Karel as well, and mostly for his character.

So does anyone find it sad that even with Choron light magic is very weak :ohwell:

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
I guess if everyone else is doing it, I will, too. I want to fit in, after all.

Character: A lot of awesome characters in each game, exept maybe SD, but I'll say Legault from 7.
Game: FE7, hands down. Though I've still only played 7-11, so...
Class: 7-8: Falcoknight. 9-10: Swordmaster/Trueblade. General is close second in both.
Weapon: Luna in 7. Get a good Canas and you can kill just about anything with it.
Map: To avoid the same confusion I suffered form Toon Marth, I think it's called Battle Before Dawn in, whadyaknow, FE7. It's among the hardest in my opinion, and often frustrating, but somehow still incredibly fun.

Looking at this, I don't think I needed to say what my favorite game was, as anyone could figure it out by the rest of the answers.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Character: There are to many characters, but I can pick a few off the top of my head. Oliver, Canas, Nils ( I have no idea),Pelleas, Lucius, Artur, and Reiv. Like I said to many
Game: Hmm, So far FE7 or Radiant Dawn so far. I am playing FE6 right now so I might change my mind later
Class: FE7-8. Duids for dark magic is to awesome. FE9-10 Dark Arch Sage ( again the dark magic), or Saints ( they may have the worst magic but for some reason I still liked them)
Weapon: Luna ( Ignored resistance and high crit, what more could you want) or Nosferatu.
Map: Hm, I have a few

FE7: The Snowy stage, I always get the twisted Bishop and I always recruit Karel. This stage or the stage where you face Nergal.

FE8: Rauston Castle, I get to vs Reiv and I just like the main layout. The fog of war keep me on my toes.

FE9: Serenes Forest

FE10: Oliver's Villa, or that Dawn Brigade Stage where you try to hold off Ike's crew.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
@kirbywizard
You actually like REIV? HOW!? Even if you like villains, there are simply much more interesting ones than Reiv. Even Valter, who I absolutely despise, was interesting with his whole Eirika-stalking bit.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
@kirbywizard
You actually like REIV? HOW!? Even if you like villains, there are simply much more interesting ones than Reiv. Even Valter, who I absolutely despise, was interesting with his whole Eirika-stalking bit.
I have no idea why I like Reiv. But hey I have many other characters I like, I would just get annoyed typing them here. I might make a list later :dizzy:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I'll do one I suppose:

Characters: 3-13 archer Haar, Micaiah, Tibarn, Naesala (in FE9 mostly), Kieran, Rolf (I like him more than Shinon and he is a legitimate challenge to use), Ashnard, Soren (reminds me of myself kinda)
Game: Radiant Dawn (I think FE10 could be argued as the best FE in terms of gameplay despite its balance problems.)
Class: Sniper/Dragonmaster
Weapon: FE10 Double Bow (25 mt and 1-3 range on a class with above average caps makes it ridiculously good)
Level: Hmm.......I would say Chapter 13 in Path of Radiance.

I think you all can guess which games I have played.

On an unrelated note, did you guys rofl like I did when you found out Lyre has the same attack power as base level mist with Florette?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I'll do one I suppose:

Characters: 3-13 archer I lol'd. Haar, Micaiah, Tibarn, Naesala (in FE9 mostly), Kieran, Rolf (I like him more than Shinon and he is a legitimate challenge to use), Ashnard, Soren (reminds me of myself kinda)
Game: Radiant Dawn (I think FE10 could be argued as the best FE in terms of gameplay despite its balance problems.)
Class: Sniper/Dragonmaster
Weapon: FE10 Double Bow (25 mt and 1-3 range on a class with above average caps makes it ridiculously good)
Level: Hmm.......I would say Chapter 13 in Path of Radiance.

I think you all can guess which games I have played.

On an unrelated note, did you guys rofl like I did when you found out Lyre has the same attack power as base level mist with Florette?
Yeah... Lyre is really pathetic. She isn't even as awesome as Lethe in appearance and personality to make her more worthwhile to me.

Radiant Dawn is one of my two favorite Fire Emblems. I haven't had the chance to play 2, 3, and 5 yet, but so far, Seisen No Keifu (FE4) is my favorite. The plotline is absolutely amazing and the characters are more interesting than most FEs.

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
I'm still currently on my first run-through of Radiant Dawn. I only got it a little while ago so I'm not that far into it. But out of the ones I've played my favourite is still Blazing Sword.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Yeah... Lyre is really pathetic. She isn't even as awesome as Lethe in appearance and personality to make her more worthwhile to me.

Radiant Dawn is one of my two favorite Fire Emblems. I haven't had the chance to play 2, 3, and 5 yet, but so far, Seisen No Keifu (FE4) is my favorite. The plotline is absolutely amazing and the characters are more interesting than most FEs.
FE4 is actually my least favorite... I don't know why, it just wouldn't hold my attention... the fact that the characters look scary doesn't help. lol

Nnoilalala

Smash Cadet
Can it be my turn now?

Character: Tibarn. Hands Down. +Ike, Stefan, Volke, Makalov, Haar, Aimee
Game: PoR; Ike and no micaiah, what more can you ask for? +Gamecube.
Weapon: Axes. Devil Axe. It's fun.
Class: Hawks. Thiefs.
Map: Anything with lots of treasures.

Least Favorite
Character: Micaiah, Florina, Soren.
Game: I'unno I like them all.. I guess RD. Because Dawn Brigade.
Weapon: Tomes (or whatever the magic things are called)
Class: Mages
Map: Chap 10 at FE7. Rain was freakin' annoying. And that Dawn vs. Laguz chapter. I wanted Daein to lose so bad, I ended up killing most characters for fun.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Devil Axe??? You ENJOY the Devil Axe? IMO, any weapon that can end up killing your character is a bad weapon indeed. Then again I suppose in SD if you're using Barst who has his skill cap, then I guess it's not so bad.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Well I will make a list of all the character I have liked, from the games I have played so far.

FE6 ( I am only like at chapter 5 :D, I just got it and I am taking my time with it)
Lance: I always like the green social knight :p
So far no one else has caught my attention

FE7: Fun game, the story line was all right, but I was happy that not to many characters where flat out useless.
-Kent: I really preferred him over the green social knight, stats and personality
-Sonia: I am a sucker for magic user bosses, her character was pretty good
-Canas: The only playable dark magic user in the game. I really hate how he dies in a blizzard
-Dart: Berserkers for the win
-Guy: to bad swordmasters can get easily replaced by other units
-Lucius: Woun't it be great if some of that resistance went to his def
-Merlin: I wish he was as useful in FE6 as he is here
Nergal: Dark magic for the win, this is how Druids would look if they could become 3 tier
-Rath: hooray for Nomad

Fe8
-Reiv: I have no idea :p
-Artur: ANother monk, and again the only monk
-Colm: He sure does make a fun assasin
-Ewan: best druid in the whole game
-Franz: sure he is a good paladin, but a general knight is so much fun
-Amelia: Broken
-Knoll: DOn't you wish he had better stats
-MOulder: That mustache

FE9 and 10
The Dawn Brigade: All of them except for fiona >__>
Oliver: His beauty, is there anything else to say
Valtome: If he is a boy or girl, that is the question
Hetzel: Kind heart, to bad he craps himself
Izuka: he did nothing wrong
Pelleas: Dark magci for the win
Rhys: Mhmmmm got me here

Nnoilalala

Smash Cadet
Devil Axe??? You ENJOY the Devil Axe? IMO, any weapon that can end up killing your character is a bad weapon indeed. Then again I suppose in SD if you're using Barst who has his skill cap, then I guess it's not so bad.
Will it kill me, will it not? That's what makes it's exciting.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
FE4 is actually my least favorite... I don't know why, it just wouldn't hold my attention... the fact that the characters look scary doesn't help. lol
Scary? Some of them look pretty bad*** (Sigurd, Cuan, Lex, Beowulf, Levin, and Holyn in particular). The girl artworks are admittedly rather poor (Aira's portrait does not do her justice), but some of them, like Fury, still manage to be cute despite the game's dated graphics. You get a lot more appreciation for the character's appearances if you look at their trading cards.

D

Deleted member

I didn't use Nephenee in PoR, which I know puts me in a minority of one, but I gave the Provoke and Vantage combo to Gatrie. Make sure everyone attacks the tank, who may still one-shot you before you actually attack.

Also, in RD, take Trueblade Zihark, who comes with Adept and will have Astra, and give him a Brave Sword. See how many times he attacks.

EDIT: And let's not forget in PoR, give Mia a Killing Edge at a high level and Gamble. I never saw her hit chance get past about 60, but it was worth seeing the 100 critical chance.
Oh please, wuss.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
The only Fire Emblem I have really played was 7. Guy was certainly my favorite character. He could practically double any opponent throughout the entire game. Plus his critical rate became insane later on.

I was wondering though, why is Serra rated so high on the S rank tier list?

D

Deleted member

dragons have terrible evasion to be fair, but that's also a forged steel sword with only an attack boost.

If you can pull it off and get a silver sword, maxed out with everything and an ashera card boost, you can get 115 hit and have some real fun.

When I was playing though last time, I got to 3-F and couldn't kill my nolan. while he wasn't close enough to micaiah for the bonus for obvious reasons, he still had max stats, Tarvos, and Nihil Colossus Adept Resolve (to beat my own max stats 20/20/20 soren/ 20/20 ike to be funny). I had no way to kill him, as he solo'd my team. Twice. I had to use gamble on mia to bypass resolve to kill him. For some reason nihil doesn't cancel out gamble.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Scary? Some of them look pretty bad*** (Sigurd, Cuan, Lex, Beowulf, Levin, and Holyn in particular). The girl artworks are admittedly rather poor (Aira's portrait does not do her justice), but some of them, like Fury, still manage to be cute despite the game's dated graphics. You get a lot more appreciation for the character's appearances if you look at their trading cards.
I guess it all depends on your taste. I prefer the art style from 7 and I don't like it in SD.

@ Umbreon: By the sound of that last post, I need to play RD.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
dragons have terrible evasion to be fair, but that's also a forged steel sword with only an attack boost.

If you can pull it off and get a silver sword, maxed out with everything and an ashera card boost, you can get 115 hit and have some real fun.

When I was playing though last time, I got to 3-F and couldn't kill my nolan. while he wasn't close enough to micaiah for the bonus for obvious reasons, he still had max stats, Tarvos, and Nihil Colossus Adept Resolve (to beat my own max stats 20/20/20 soren/ 20/20 ike to be funny). I had no way to kill him, as he solo'd my team. Twice. I had to use gamble on mia to bypass resolve to kill him. For some reason nihil doesn't cancel out gamble.
Was this normal mode? I cannot see how something like that would be even possible on Normal.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Looks like the thread is losing activity. A nice character discussion should kick it back into gear.

What characters had stories that you particularly loved, whether you just found them interesting, entertaining, sad, moving, or whatever?

For me, Pelleas was a particularly great character. He was an epitome of a tragic hero the likes of which only Sigurd could hope to bring greater tears than. His song, Sorrowful Prince Pelleas, was moving on its own, but when combined with his story, can really make me as the player like the character and/or feel sorry for him.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Looks like the thread is losing activity. A nice character discussion should kick it back into gear.

What characters had stories that you particularly loved, whether you just found them interesting, entertaining, sad, moving, or whatever?

For me, Pelleas was a particularly great character. He was an epitome of a tragic hero the likes of which only Sigurd could hope to bring greater tears than. His song, Sorrowful Prince Pelleas, was moving on its own, but when combined with his story, can really make me as the player like the character and/or feel sorry for him.
I have to agree with you one Pellease, and I even have his song on my I-Pod. I listen to it when I take test :laugh:.

I personally like Oliver, sure he doesn't have much of a big background story but he made the game more fun. In both PoR and RD. He didn't have such a big role in Radiant Dawn but his personallity made it worth it for em to use him every time. He is unlike most of your regular priest/ bishops ( o nice, sweet, and blessful) in Fire Emblem games. He even has his own theme song ( which I also downloaded) that I have play everytime he fights. He makes many battle conversations with bosses funny :laugh:. A fire emblem spin off game, starring Oliver. You know you want it :laugh:. It would be called. Fire Emblem Oliver's Quest For Beauty @_@. I love this guy so much I made a move set for him in make your move.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I can't say that I have a favorite, as I find them all quite good. If I must choose one, however, I would have to choose Lethe's relationship with Ike. I enjoyed watching her slowly begin to tolerate Ike as a Human and even begin to appreciate his kind to an extent.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
The only Fire Emblem I have really played was 7. Guy was certainly my favorite character. He could practically double any opponent throughout the entire game. Plus his critical rate became insane later on.

I was wondering though, why is Serra rated so high on the S rank tier list?
^This, Guy is basically my 1 man army. I'm still on Ch.29x though I lost a good solider today to get Jaffar :urg:.

D

Deleted member

I got guy to 20/20 and used him to kill Fargus and got a game over. :urg:

Top Bottom