• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I almost want to get it. Almost. But for reasons like Raziek said, it's holding me back.
I'd definitely get a Lucina one but I don't want a figma. :(

As for the mousepad, no way I'm looking that up

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So let me know if I'm not planning this right. As far as promoting goes, I want to take a look at some of the reclassing options and possible skills. Once I hit those levels and grab the skills I want I should just reclass back to whatever I want to end up with.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Pretty much. If you're just playing the main story, you will probably reclass (assuming you promoted at 10 and are reclassing at 15) for a second time a little before the end game.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Yeah, you can level up to eternity because you can reclass as many times as you want once you're able to buy second seals. If you go all the way to 20, that just makes you gain less experience when you do reclass.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I miss level caps. Tbh i wish reclassing was more of an unlock through events (supports) than using a 2nd seal. (Similiar to one character in fire emblem 5 i think it was)

As of now i just feel like fire emblem is just a massive grind

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Now that i think about it. Radiant Dawn also had 4 different storylines while awakening had only 3. 38 chapters vs 27 chapters (not gonna count paralouges as they do nothing towards the story)

11 chapters make all the difference in how well the story and pace feels.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Getting a bit bored of Awakening, so I'm playing through Shadow Dragon for the first time in a long while.

Maybe this time I can figure out where on earth the story goes with each chapter.

I miss level caps. Tbh i wish reclassing was more of an unlock through events (supports) than using a 2nd seal. (Similiar to one character in fire emblem 5 i think it was)

As of now i just feel like fire emblem is just a massive grind
http://www.youtube.com/user/DD151/videos
Here is a guy who has completed FE7 HHM, FE8 HM, FE11 H5, FE10 HM, and FE6 HM all while hacking each game to ensure that characters receive 0% growths. No amount grinding is necessary to complete pretty much the later half of the FE series.

Other than the poor choice of chapter completion goals in FE13, there is no reason FE13 should feel like a grindfest. FE series is flexible enough to be as much of a grind fest as you make it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I meant there is just so much to grind for in FE13

I like having my characters being maxed out and stuff.. But it just takes too long in FE13 >_>

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
But that stuff would only matter when you consider taking on Apotheosis. I dunno about Lunatic/+. Other than that, there shouldn't be any real reason to grind (unless the player is used to grindfests and it's in their system to do so).

smashmachine

Smash Lord
I meant there is just so much to grind for in FE13

I like having my characters being maxed out and stuff.. But it just takes too long in FE13 >_>

well than stop trying to max out your units until postgame (....in which it doesn't take long to max out units anyway)

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
almost done with lunatic. only MU is reliable lol, i went tactician->merc->hero->grandmaster->dark knight for armsthrift, sol, ignis, and lifetaker. only other possible reliable unit is chrom. MU just ****s on everything. my restrictions were no grinding/try and clear chapters asap/only item restriction is buying only from the random annas and chapter shops

nessokman

Smash Lord
Book of naga from genealogy of war is now in the bonus box. Tempted to give it to Henry for sick irony, he is a grimleal

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
so who's doin lunatic + runs?
☯ I'm currently doing so, though I haven't played it as much because of EO4. I'm on chapter 8 currently, I have this to say, it's impossible to play this mode without grinding. T_T

☯ The good thing is that Risen maps aren’t as stupidly strong as lunatic, (though they still have annoying skills).

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Recruit Kellam turn 1, pairing up with him immediately, then have Kellam move back and give Freddy his Javelin (I'd strongly consider passing Chrom to Freddy as well depending on what your team looks like). Pick a side and make liberal use of the Javelin with Freddy to clear it out before you get sandwiched. Once you clean up one side, clean up the other side, then pick a door and take your time working through the upper half of the map. I think there's a Hammer somewhere in the top half, so watch for that.

nessokman

Smash Lord
The hammer ******* got me twice. I was putting vaike with fred for offense +4 and defense +2.I realized that if I wanted to beat the hammer, I need chrom and his speed boost.I lost kellam but it was the best I could do.

I made it to the boss with everyone alive, attacked them with Fred. Then sent chrom in to finish them. Chrom landed one hit, boss countered and left chrom with 1 hp and them with 5. Chrom missed and got killed in enemy phase

I beat chap. 4 with just chrom and Fred. I want to get everyone high leveled for chapter 5...hardest level by far

nessokman

Smash Lord
Or
So let me know if I'm not planning this right. As far as promoting goes, I want to take a look at some of the reclassing options and possible skills. Once I hit those levels and grab the skills I want I should just reclass back to whatever I want to end up with.
Pretty much. My MU on hard went from tactition to dark Mage to sorcerer to dark flier and then to grandmaster. Gale force is from dark fliers. Get it, it allows you to move again after defeating an enemy

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Been playing FE:A lately (completed the last chapter yesterday) and I have a question.

When you reclass a character to a class that loses a weapon, what happens when I reclass back to a class that has a weapon previously lost?

Example: Dark Knight -> Paladin -> Grandmaster (loses ability to use tomes as Paladin, regains them as Grandmaster)

It restarts on E, or it keeps the rank and exp from when it was lost (in the example's case, upon changing from Dark Knight to Paladin)?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Rank and experience (assuming you're talking about weapon proficiency) is constant, so when you switch back you will still be able to use A-rank tomes.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So since I'm a completionist, I'm getting all (or many) of the characters to have full skill sets and the ideal class. What did people do for Gregor and Vaike? I like the idea of making one of them a Berserker (since I don't have any), but the outfits are horrific (and I pay decent attention to aethetics / flavor, otherwise I'd have made Owain a Berserker).

For now Gregor is a Hero, and Vaike is a Warrior.

Top Bottom