• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Yes, but Farina is 20k to recruit + her promotion item valued at 20k, making them roughly the same.
Pegasus whips are 10000 to funds worth and available on her joining map.

But, I think 50000 can be worked around for funds ranking. Although, I would say that if you wanted to use any characters for HHM, Farina is one of the better ones near the end. Few characters have a high resistance and physical stats needed to take on victory or death and cog of destiny chapters later on. Then again, Harken is all you really need :p That pure water and hand axe status. Also, its flying utility. Great on pretty much everything.

Oh, Farina is a good candidate for Afa Drops since she comes sort of close to the desert chapter. Otherwise, she can destroy the upper right of the screen on her join chapter all by herself. Get the pure water, slay the bishop with killer lance, and javelin the monks.
Characters in awakening shouldn't be measured by how well they do during the main story line, seeing how Awakening is terribly easy (Lunatic and Lunatic+ gets easy after you complete the first few chapters and know to look out for morons with counter in L+) and you have access to plenty of grinding chances, anyone can be your best unit. Where characters real worth should be measured is in Streetpass battles. That's when you'll really see why for example Ricken isn't good and characters like Morgan are godly.
Claiming the L modes are easy... I suspect DLC was used excessively to complete it. Go back through and refuse to use the DLC. If you didn't, I would like to see how you accomplished grinding. Especially in lunatic or lunatic+ As far as I know, Skirmishes are near impossible early on. Only until about early-mid did they ease up enough because your units got enough stats to take them on. Also, I think you are limited in how much experience you get. Skirmishes drain your funds very quickly if you go through reeking boxes. They only get you 2-3 small bullion and a random bonus item. Even then, once you start promoting and seeing promoted enemies, then the skirmish difficulty racks up to stupid levels again.

Most FE games never had compatibility with multiplayer, so most of the time tiering, "whos the best", etc. claims were done by who is most useful during the main storyline. I can see the same tradition being applied to Awakening, but this time you simply have everyone can get max stats so a best endgame sections is rather useful too.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ussi I said that last page. :x

Also, Heath is the best Afa's candidate IMO. Several growths around 50, low base level but good base stats +HHM bonus, and turns out really ridiculous in a hurry.

Pretty much optimal join time for it, too.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Not exactly. Still costs a functional 50k to the funds rank. Having it counts as having 50k gold, using it loses that 50k.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Coincidentally, that's also the reason the Silver Card is godlike, because you double the value of your gold by buying things.

Example:

460g counts as 460g to the Funds Rank.
Buying an Iron Sword for 460g gives you an Iron Sword worth 460, no net change to total funds (unless you start using it, which decreases its value)
Buying an Iron Sword for 230g (Silver Card), gives you a Sword worth 460g, doubling the net value of that 230g.

Which is why HHM runs almost always have you completely convert your gold into weapons in the chapter you recruit Karla. 30x? 31x? something like that.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I can never buy enough items to spend all my gold. Merlinus gets full before that happens.

Also, Heath is the best Afa's candidate IMO. Several growths around 50, low base level but good base stats +HHM bonus, and turns out really ridiculous in a hurry.

Pretty much optimal join time for it, too.
I always find it difficult to find opportunities to train him moving at a slightly brisk pace. Even with the HHM bonuses. His speed sucks for a long time and he never doubled anything unless I poured lots of kills into him (which takes time since he needs to be set-up first to kill anything in a turn). He usually got like a thief kill on his join chapters since he can OHKO that annoying thief going for the gold. By which time Eubans is ready to die.

Or the next flying chapter he cannot deal with wyvern riders too well. He 4HKOs (i think) while they 2HKO or 3HKO him back. All of those mages roaming about too. Its just a hassle to try getting him KOs without support. After that, it gets better though.

I dunno. Farina comes like 2 chapters after the desert and can solo the upper right by herself. Give extra javelin, afa drops (optional), and pure water and she gains a few levels and relatively ready to be a decent contributing member. I need to try Heath on the drops. Seems like he would be really awesome with getting all the needed exp early on.
Coincidentally, that's also the reason the Silver Card is godlike, because you double the value of your gold by buying things.

Example:

460g counts as 460g to the Funds Rank.
Buying an Iron Sword for 460g gives you an Iron Sword worth 460, no net change to total funds (unless you start using it, which decreases its value)
Buying an Iron Sword for 230g (Silver Card), gives you a Sword worth 460g, doubling the net value of that 230g.

Which is why HHM runs almost always have you completely convert your gold into weapons in the chapter you recruit Karla. 30x? 31x? something like that.
lol people make silver card to be more valuable than it seems. But, you only add funds value out of no where from gold you randomly get lying around.
-Take ocean crest. Sell for 25k. Lose 25k in funds. Use silver card to buy 25k of items at purchase, end up getting funds back up to 50k. You really break even with it.
-Take the 30k from end game sidequest. Its worth 30k in funds, but with silver card you get 60k in funds.

I think there are like 3 times you get gold randomly. 30k near endgame, 5k at merlinus chapter, and 10k from the chapter you get Heath. There is 90k in gold you can get.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I must say, If FE had ended I would have died.me being a proud owner of awakening.

Is it possible to get mire? I heard you can get really lucky and get it

Reizilla

You can get Mire from a sorcerer in CH.21. I believe its the guy in the bottom left.

nessokman

Smash Lord
You can become Overpowered! you can buy the best ranged weapon, the dark magic mire from gharnef VIA spotpass wireless. YOu can do it as much as you want and it is under 2000 gold by what my friend said. (I told him about it when we were talking on the phone) So get ready to **** grima in unheardof amounts of turns

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So I Married Chrom off to Olivia, but suddenly feel as if there was a better option. I just want want what is best for my Inigo.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I only wish there was an optimal partner for Chrom not named Female Avatar.

Olivia leaves Inigo wanting for Wyvern Rider and General, though RK is nice. This one gives you the best Lucina IMO. (Peg/Wyvern)

Sully gives a beast-mode Kjelle, but leaves Lucina lacking Pegasus.

Sumia and Maribelle are just lolworthy. Sumia only slightly better thanks to second Aether and giving Lucina Pegasus Knight.

I would be content with the FE games currently available if the series had to end. Each one to me feels rather unique by having enough differences for each game to never really feel like another one. However, they still all have aspect which make me enjoy the game in the first place.

Reizilla

You only get half value when you sell items, so gems in stock are worth twice as much (white gem=20k) as they are once sold(white gem=10k). However, if you have the silver card, you can buy items equal to the value of an unsold item (20k of iron swords or whatever).

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
I only wish there was an optimal partner for Chrom not named Female Avatar.

Olivia leaves Inigo wanting for Wyvern Rider and General, though RK is nice. This one gives you the best Lucina IMO. (Peg/Wyvern)

Sully gives a beast-mode Kjelle, but leaves Lucina lacking Pegasus.

Sumia and Maribelle are just lolworthy. Sumia only slightly better thanks to second Aether and giving Lucina Pegasus Knight.

Wait, why exactly would Inigo want Wyvern Rider or General? To have Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, and Pavise? I mean, Chrom!Inigo already has plenty of good skills, so those skills seem pretty unnecessary.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'd say Sully is the best mom for Lucina, (besides FeMU)

Everyone else gives -str, besides Olivia.

I don't get how people level up Olivia... Too weak to kill, and dancing takes forever. Shoulda given the dancers the healing treatment, lots of exp early on, but scaling downwards the higher level you got.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Pair up with someone on a skirmish with Axe users, sit on a fort.

Went from level 1 to level 11 easily.

Reizilla

Oh axe users and their low accuracy. Those were the only skirmishes I could beat on Lunatic.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
So has anyone else attempted either version of Apotheosis? I managed to get Katarina, but I lost my confidence in the secret battles after seeing 95% and 100% Aether procs for the enemy Paladin (with Ragnell) and Falcoknight respectively as well as a Sorcerer with 99 Luck, Miracle, and Nosferatu. I just really hate having to go through Counter + Luna+ Snipers with Longbows and Brave Bows again.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
So has anyone else attempted either version of Apotheosis? I managed to get Katarina, but I lost my confidence in the secret battles after seeing 95% and 100% Aether procs for the enemy Paladin (with Ragnell) and Falcoknight respectively as well as a Sorcerer with 99 Luck, Miracle, and Nosferatu. I just really hate having to go through Counter + Luna+ Snipers with Longbows and Brave Bows again.

it's not as hard as it looks, Dual Strikes murder everything and there are no 100% Aether procs (it's skill/2 remember)
also just eat the Counter damage, it's not significant

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman

I managed to beat both versions. Brave weapons and dual strikes are your friends. Also, the Brave Bow Snipers don't have Counter, so don't worry about attacking them at close range.
@Ussi: Sully also has a -Str modifier and,unlike every other mother that Lucina can have, does not pass down Pegasus Knight and Galeforce as a result. Olivia has the best Str modifier out of all of Lucina's mothers, excluding Female Avatar.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Chrom!Inigo makes Lethality worth using with RK as an assassin or Hero.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i tried Olivia out. Never knew her class set till i used a 2nd seal on her. Hot damn, myrmydin and pegasus knight? No wonder people love her.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
it's not as hard as it looks, Dual Strikes murder everything and there are no 100% Aether procs (it's skill/2 remember)
also just eat the Counter damage, it's not significant
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Was just so used to more enemies having Hawkeye and +skills that practically made everything hit.

I managed to beat both versions. Brave weapons and dual strikes are your friends. Also, the Brave Bow Snipers don't have Counter, so don't worry about attacking them at close range.
Yeah, but he does have Luna+ and Movement+1 and that always scares me. Perhaps I'm not approaching the secret battle right.

Haven't actually attempted in a while, so maybe again sometime. Just been a bit discouraged for the most part.

Top Bottom