• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
If you lack the willpower to avoid grinding, it's pretty easy.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'm currently doing a "no-grind" run on hard mode and I have to admit, it's still not that hard.
Well, in comparison to lunatic.

I really wish the difficult gap between those 2 modes wasn't so large.

Reizilla

Do a no-healer run or a no-reclassing run or something on hard to augment the difficulty without being lunatic.

I'm currently doing a "no-grind" run on hard mode and I have to admit, it's still not that hard.
Well, in comparison to lunatic.
I really wish the difficult gap between those 2 modes wasn't so large.
Yay. Your really playing classic fire emblem now lol I think the difficulty seems fitting though for hard mode. I would find it comparable to FE7 hard mode for eliwood or hector before you get to the magic heavy chapters. Now that I think about it, Hector hard mode was not too bad except for the later magic heavy chapters. I feel like proper preparation for those chapters makes them completely doable since pure water, barrier, and a couple of restore users makes short work of that chapter.
Do a no-healer run or a no-reclassing run or something on hard to augment the difficulty without being lunatic.
I disagree with these increasing difficulty too much. With the idea of having to rout enemies and enemies appearing on enemy phase for reinforcements, your healers ability to get close to your units while in the midst of combat is diminished limited already. After a point, I have absolutely no staff users on a team in hard mode as you usually get by with healing items or simply switching to another player that is at full health in a pair-up. So, no-healer run wouldn't be a huge adjustment. Reclassing is already limited in the game to 4-5 reclass items until chapter 16. By this time, you will want your players to be promoted anyway to still be able to ORKO. A no-promotion run would certainly increase the difficulty. It is possible to do I believe since you have high enough unpromoted base caps to deal with enemies.
doing a no-second seal/reek box/dlc nuzlocke run. at chapter 19 right now.
The lack of downloads and skirmishes is like playing FE13 on a practice run. Its not really increasing difficulty, but rather returning to a norm as most of the FE games were structured. I like the nozlocke idea. If you mess up once, resetting won't do anything.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm guessing that once you've married one character, that character can't ever reach S support rank with another character, correct?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Question about how skills work. Maybe I could google this but should I reorder so the random skill I want to be activated more often first? I have severa with sol and Luna, sol activates often and Luna almost never. If the chance for sol fails will Luna then have a chance?

She also has arms thrift , when it activates does it say like it would for other skills? Because it has a high chance of activation but I haven't seen it on her.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It does not say anything for Arms Thrift. If Arms Thrift is working, then the number next to the weapon will simply not change.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Ive lost Vaike, Sully(This one made me sad), and Miriel(eff her horrible defense). Im at the last Walhart fight.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Question about how skills work. Maybe I could google this but should I reorder so the random skill I want to be activated more often first? I have severa with sol and Luna, sol activates often and Luna almost never. If the chance for sol fails will Luna then have a chance?

She also has arms thrift , when it activates does it say like it would for other skills? Because it has a high chance of activation but I haven't seen it on her.
There's sort of a hierarchy in skill activation that's based on the chance of the skill activating. According to Serenes Forest, the hierarchy is:

Lethality > Aether > Astra > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Vengeance

So, the reason Sol keeps activating and not Luna is because you keep rolling a success for Sol, and since you can only have one of these skills activate per attack, Sol keeps taking priority over Luna. You'll need Sol to fail for Luna to have a chance.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Would it then be more beneficial to have one rather than the other instead of having both?

...And what does Luck do again?

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
Would it then be more beneficial to have one rather than the other instead of having both?

Yes having both would be really dumb, and a complete waste of a skill. I'd prefer Astra/Luna, unless you really need the extra health from Sol (you won't).

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

Luck reduces the chance you'll take critical hits from enemies, and contributes slightly to hit/evasion rates as well. It's also used for activation rates for a couple skills, like Armsthrift and Miracle. (can't remember if there are others)

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yes having both would be really dumb, and a complete waste of a skill. I'd prefer Astra/Luna, unless you really need the extra health from Sol (you won't).
What are you talking about? Unless you're playing on normal casual mode, extra health is always helpful and imo a necessity in some levels of hard (I haven't played Lunatic but I'd imagine its pretty helpful there too). Sol can restore like almost half your health sometimes.

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
What are you talking about? Unless you're playing on normal casual mode, extra health is always helpful and imo a necessity in some levels of hard (I haven't played Lunatic but I'd imagine its pretty helpful there too). Sol can restore like almost half your health sometimes.
I'm playing on Hard Classic

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That's indeed the point.

But it also applies even when that isn't the case, if there are sufficient enemies nearby, and they all choose to target a single one.

Reizilla

If it's for an offensive unit looking to activate Luna or Vengeance more often, it works pretty well.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
So Vengeance+Aversa's Night is pretty funny for me.

Also, did anyone get the Future Past DLC? I'm liking it (and laughing at how NPC Noire has Aptitude). We're almost there to The Strongest One's Name and I can't wait to get Katarina.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I really like the new DLC. The scramble pack really rubbed me the wrong way. This one is refreshing.

But let me get this straight. This takes place a few years after Lucina and her companions should have traveled to the past, right?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I finally started my harem run. (Marry all the girls to MU, saving the S rank on 2nd file)

I ended up marrying Sully off (for Kjelle) before i did her S rank with MU.. Blargh

I also am playing on normal/casual to do the dumbest class changes. (Made Chrom an archer, made lucina an archer, using all the characters i don't use)

Learning some useful things like Sumia makes an excellent knight as it boosts her pathetic str and her speed growth is broken so she is a super fast knight. Gonna have to try it in hard.

After this will be the reverse harem run.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I also am playing on normal/casual to do the dumbest class changes. (Made Chrom an archer, made lucina an archer, using all the characters i don't use)
So basically, you're going to reclass everybody with access to Archer into an Archer. :awesome:

Also, reclassing Sumia to Knight is the only way I've ever used her.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
This is also my chrom x Maiden run

Archers are so uselessss i can't have a team of only archers..

If i made MU an archer it would just be dumb cause i need to spam supports with him. (Kept him with magic)

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
This is also my chrom x Maiden run

Archers are so uselessss i can't have a team of only archers..

If i made MU an archer it would just be dumb cause i need to spam supports with him. (Kept him with magic)
I'm currently doing an Archers only (including paladins with Bows and Boyd and Ike because how else will I kill Ashnard) run in PoR, which I plan to continue into RD.

It's harder than I thought it would be lol

nessokman

Smash Lord

No, the skills are based off of stats. Click a skill and it gives you the formula. Ex: %=(lck)x2 meaning the percent in which you get said skill depends on your luck.

That above isn't one of the formulas, just an example I made up.so if skill _____ uses that formula, and you have 30 luck, you would have a 60% chance of getting it.

Also remember that if your character is paired up, it will get boosts to raise stats in combat.married couples become useful beyond comprehension.

Furthermore, if you would like to increase stats, there are items obtainable all throughout the game and from bonus box(spot pass rewards). I suggest taking on risen that appear on your map if you want to get them. Risen drop sometimes if they are holding them. Also keep in mind that characters DO have a cap at which their stats max out. (Boosts from paired units are not changed by this)If the number is green in the stat box, it is as high as it can go.

The advantage to bonus box rewards is that renown carries over when you create a new file( regardless of difficulty), meaning right when you get wireless unlocked (chapter 4) you can get all the rewards you had, meaning you'll have extra weapons and power ups.

Top Bottom