• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Since Limit Break came out, I'm having trouble deciding what to replace on my Inigo. He currently has Rightful King, Armsthrift, Sol, Astra, and Galeforce.

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
Since Limit Break came out, I'm having trouble deciding what to replace on my Inigo. He currently has Rightful King, Armsthrift, Sol, Astra, and Galeforce.
Armsthrift. Or Astra since your skill will be like 60% and that'll give a pretty good chance to use sol

I'd go with Armthrift since forged brave sword + limit breaker, is probably better than a legendary weapon anyway

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If you're no longer training Inigo, you can just drop Armsthrift. If you are training him, you could probably afford to drop Astra if he's got Armsthrift, and just use a bunch of godlike weapons instead.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.

If you're going to play spotpass or playing Lunatic and above, get rid of Astra if he's not an indirect unit in any way. Counter destroys Astra users. Replace Armsthrift if you can as well. Inigo has high skill, so try to fix Lethality on him instead.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
If you're going to play spotpass or playing Lunatic and above, get rid of Astra if he's not an indirect unit in any way. Counter destroys Astra users. Replace Armsthrift if you can as well. Inigo has high skill, so try to fix Lethality on him instead.
Hmm. I guess I'll consider that. Rightful King will boost Lethality's chances, so it could be somewhat reliable. The main reason I wanted to keep Armsthrift was for Legendary weapons, though I suppose Severa could do that instead.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Stahl is epic if you make him into a myrmidon, assasin, and swordmaster.he has 80 hp, has lethality And Astra.making henry a sorcerer is also awesome.making miriel a dark Mage, dark knight, then sorcerer is boss.

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
have yet to buy the new dlc maps... i hate being a poor college student, because fire emblem loves eating at my wallet.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
While normally I wouldn't advocate skipping meals for video games, I find myself justifying things using that logic entirely too often.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh sorry, I'm just a basement dwelling fat slob that is just happening to take 32 credit hours this semester (8 courses, no bird courses obviously) and working part time. Plus, I did my taxes and honestly if you devoted 1 hour into doing your taxes, you'd be getting a huge fat cheque every 3 months since you don't work. (I am Canadian :)) And I actually sacrifice my sleep to play Fire Emblem though I haven't really played this game much at all save for Friday night since Firefly wanted to Street Pass with me.

To quickly train your characters in the wake of the newest Limit Break skill, change classes to a Bride or Dread Fighter to quickly level up. Add in Paragon to double the training speed.

Quit both jobs. Use money from selling all possessions to get all the DLC on FE13. Perform outrageous things for entertainment to earn a living.

Future of someone's life.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
"This week's team is the first of a selection assorted from different Fire Emblem games." - Description of the "Other" Spotpass team in the 3DS Notifications Menu

The JP version doesn't include any other "Other" teams beyond the one we got this week. So maybe the NA version will include more Spotpass Teams with randomly assorted characters? Or could it just be an oversight?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
God dammit I can't get Severa, she keeps running into danger or hugging the walls and getting killed by a single ranged enemy. Did everyone have to put up with this? I have to plan each movement just to make sure she doesn't go somewhere she shouldn't since I can't control her.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Get a unit with a D Rank in Staves - Libra already has a C Rank in Staves, so no need to train if necessary - equip the unit with a Rescue Staff, and keep Rescuing Severa each turn until the swarm of enemies on the right cools off.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Or make MU a sorcerer with Nosfertu and have him charge ahead with some +movement.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Awakening is out today in Europe! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Hopefully I won't be too hung over in the morning (or afternoon most likely) to get the bus to town to fetch it. :colorful:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Eh how is today's DLC map a 5 star difficulty? It was incredibly easy compared to the one last week.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
So I decided to start a Hard mode playthrough using only units I didn't use in my first run (plus Chrom). Level-ups have been strange; the vast majority of them have either been amazing or terrible. My Kellam is especially busted; I have no idea how, but this happened without any RNG abuse whatsoever: (bases in parentheses)

Lvl 10 (5)
HP 26 (21)
Str 14 (10)
Mag 0 (0)
Skl 11 (7)
Spd 10 (5)
Lck 4 (3)
Def 17 (12)
Res 7 (2)

Kellam has gained the following stats all 5 times: HP, Def, SPEED, and RESISTANCE. He also gained 4/5 Str and Skl. No Magic and only 1 point of Lck, but I really, REALLY don't care.

This guy really wants to be noticed.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
He gained two more levels since then, and still hasn't gone once without gaining Res. This is silly; I think he's about as close to invulnerable as any member of my team could possibly reach at this point in the game without grinding.

I have a lot of units I want to class swap/promote early, but so few seals. I'm actually thinking of swapping Ricken to Cavalier because I'm using 4 magic units ATM and Kellam is really my only sturdy unit. If I do that now, Ricken will have 16 Def at level 1. =3 It's pretty cool seeing all the possibilities that even the units that seem really bad have.

P.S. - I played this game for 7 hours today. -.- That's what happens when you finish exams and suddenly don't know what to do with your time...

nessokman

Smash Lord
My lucina killed the final boss alone.we got a badass over here! I ran at grima with his full health. It said likely my unit will die. I simply said yolo an initiated the battle. I attacked and got Astra. Grima attacked but missed, when I counter attacked , lucina got Astra again and killed it.my team on hard is OP. I should start lunatic.

The horrible part is lucina has a 20% chance at getting Astra....

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
[collapse=Spoilers]xD. Is there even a point to beating the boss again after you beat them the first time? :|. Do you gain exp from it or something? Don't think you do lol.

I'm really upset that Emmeryn can't support Chrom/Lissa. I would die to see those conversations, and I'm really upset that I forgot to talk to her with Chrom on the map. Anyone know what he says to Emmeryn?[/collapse]

He gained two more levels since then, and still hasn't gone once without gaining Res. This is silly; I think he's about as close to invulnerable as any member of my team could possibly reach at this point in the game without grinding.

I have a lot of units I want to class swap/promote early, but so few seals. I'm actually thinking of swapping Ricken to Cavalier because I'm using 4 magic units ATM and Kellam is really my only sturdy unit. If I do that now, Ricken will have 16 Def at level 1. =3 It's pretty cool seeing all the possibilities that even the units that seem really bad have.

P.S. - I played this game for 7 hours today. -.- That's what happens when you finish exams and suddenly don't know what to do with your time...
You didn't really play for 7 hours of the game. Turn off those map animations and skip the enemy phase and see how quickly you go through the game.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
My lucina killed the final boss alone.we got a badass over here! I ran at grima with his full health. It said likely my unit will die. I simply said yolo an initiated the battle. I attacked and got Astra. Grima attacked but missed, when I counter attacked , lucina got Astra again and killed it.my team on hard is OP. I should start lunatic.

The horrible part is lucina has a 20% chance at getting Astra....
Is that 20% chance including Rightful King? On a similar note, I fought Grima one time and placed Chrom next to him to attack on Enemy Phase. So, Enemy Phase arrives, Grima misses, Chrom activates Aether, which Grima gets Pavise on during the first hit, and then activates Aether with both hits being criticals and Grima getting Pavise on both.

I was really surprised when that happened.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I know what you mean. I've been holding off until I finish my exams because amidst studying I just turned it on and started reclassing people for hours. Figured I should take a break but it's so hard. And yeah, I usually turn off the animations but I like them this time around (so long as my A button is mashed is forever and always during them.)

Top Bottom