• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
SPOILER :awesome:

But for someone like me who's read their A support, it's not really a surprise.

I have every A support unlocked for every child pair, and almost all the S-supports are ready to go; I'm just waiting for the really difficult DLC stuff to come out to test out which pairings will help me the most. I plan on going through and unlocking all of the child S-supports regardless.

As for best supports, I can't remember because most of my support unlocking was done a while ago. =[

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Yen Fay's paralogue on lunatic... How is this supposed to be possible? I swear all or your units need to have galeforce and brave weapons just to kill enough enemies for him to not get himself killed on the first turn.

And as I was typing this, I remembered you can use Rescue on NPCs...

Reizilla

How do you get Chrom to marry Olivia? I thought you could only support from the world map.

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
dance for him like crazy in the chapter you get olivia. dont support chrom with any potential mates up to that point.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Chrom will marry the available mate he has the highest relationship with.

My first playthrough, I ended up marrying off all his other mates except Olivia, so I literally had to have Olivia dance for him once to get them to marry.

Otherwise, just don't have Chrom support with the other females and have them fight together/have her dance with him a lot.

I am upset about the marriage supports. Many of them are so weird.
Lissa and Gaius. "You helped me with my sewing and various household chores, lets get married :D"

And many more are sort of similar. Characters get to know each other though like one event, then they get married. What?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I mean, you're going off of like, 3 support conversations. Obviously things are gonna seem rushed...

While I agree that some of the pairings/supports are kinda "meh", I'd like to imagine that there are other interactions between the characters that are implied. Not to mention that in order to even get supports done, these units have to fight with each other on a bloody battlefield.

Sounds like some bonding time to me.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Henry x Miriel deciding to get married so they can experiment with creating life is the best.

Magical Science >>>> all other reasons.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
So on a recent hard mode run, I done ****ed up and was about to have Maribelle get killed in the chapter you get her. All the resets were ready to happen.

But by some miracle of the RNG Goddess, Ricken BLOCKED the killing blow with his what, 2-4% chance to do so?

Ricken for favorite unit of all time. Clutch as ****.

Reizilla

Nah x Morgan is really good. I liked Tharja x Lonqu as well. Severa's convos all seemed meh, though I've never gotten past A with anyone for her.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
So I'm in the process of making FeMorgan a goddess of destruction.

My avatar's asset is Magic and flaw is Defense in this playthough and I'm going to have him knock up Aversa. I chose her due to shadowgift and broken dark magic.

Aversa!Morgan as a sage magic caps at 54.
Limit Breaker skill will bring it to 64.
I'll have an einherjar be a Rally Unit with Rally Magic, Spectrum, and Heart which will bring it to 74.
Pairing Morgan up with a sage of sorts, I'm thinking Laurent at S rank, will bring her magic to 83.
Tomefaire skill will bring it to 87.
If I'm using Valflame, that's 92.
Using a magic tonic on that turn will get her 94.
Olivia special dancing will get her to 96.
And having Tiki's Tear will put her magic at 98.
If I find a way to manipulate barracks bonuses and get them as I desire, I can put her up to 102.
And with all of this, except Morgan being Ricken!Noire!Morgan, it would probably be at about 104 instead of 102.

I'm pretty sure with Mire and Magic at least 93, I can kill anything on the map.

edit: skills will be Tomefaire, Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Astra or Ignis, and Shadowgift.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
If you feel like devastating with power, switch your last two skills with Mag +2 and All Stats +2. +14 Mag can't hurt right? ;)

I thought of this some time ago. +Def/-(whatever) Avatar (F) marries Walhart. Make Morgan (M) have Walhart's NPC skill set (Conquest, Pavise, Aegis), Limit Breaker, and HP +5 or Res +10. Make Morgan a General and have him hold Helswrath for a +5 in Def. Or a Great Knight and give Ragnell (+5 Def) and maybe Gradivus to cover all weapons.

I'm actually thinking of some skill sets that would be useful for Ultimate Training.

Oh and I think S supports just add more to the support bonus for Dual Strikes and Blocks, nothing to stats. I checked with an A and S support between two units and the bonus was the same.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
R&R 3 is out, so time to get Limit Break.

So is the first chapter/pack for series two, this will be the three Pegasus knights.

Looking at it on SF, Est's map has something that reduces HP to 1, best map for Vengeance? :3

FE6 spotpass and paralogue 22 are also out.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
The new paralogue is my favorite.

Try bringing in only one or two units and it becomes hilariously devastating.

Reizilla

I don't have money for limit break :/ not like it matters because I've been taking my game to school for a month and haven't run into a single person on streeetpass yet.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I brought only Private Marth to the new paralogue.

VERSUS

TEAM: MARTH

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Guys, the Death's Embrace DLC is freaking nuts. I have no idea how to even approach it. You can't ***** Sol because all the enemies get reduced to 1 HP.

Reizilla

I don't know what it looks like, but spam Mire with +skill skills and run away?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The condition is to defeat the boss, 6 enemies spawn per turn, and there's a turn limit of 10 turns to achieve the "best result", whatever the heck that means.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I certainly didn't beat it in 10 turns but at least I managed to kill the boss within 10 turns >_>

Oh yeah, I'm on Hard maybe that's why... The enemies did stop spawning after a while... did that come with the boss' death?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah that's how I beat the stage. I only used 7 characters and I totally abused Renewal, Fortify, and most of all, Mire.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I meant that the added stats are still the same between A and S supports.
Ah, I see. Well I chose Laurent for S support because of what I said, the Sage thing, but also his mother has access to Dual Support+ to pass down to Laurent. Maribelle has it too, but I rather her pass down Galeforce to Brady than that.

Also I haven't played or came up with a plan for Death's Embrace just yet. That is the one where the floor will spike up and 1HP everyone, right?

I'm thinking about getting crazy aggressive with it, run in there with Vantage, pick a God, and pray.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm without those healing skills, you should try using a healer and a sorcerer with Aversa's Night and Mire. Mire really works well because the hazards affect enemies too. I killed the boss as soon as possible, then cleared all the Risen near me with Mire. To kill the boss, I had Severa/Cordelia and my character/Chrom go near the middle of the stage (the ground that restores your health). Then, Severa with Galeforce would kill a nearby enemy while returning to the healing tiles at the end of her move. She needs to be there to heal since Mire hits the boss starting at one tile (spiked tile) below the healing tiles. I got really lucky and got a critical hit on a Mire against the boss :p Morgan/Lucina was there to Mire enemies or Aversa's them if they came too close and Brady was a backup healer/attacker... didn't need him much in the end. Once I cleared all the Risen on the spiked areas (that I could reach with Mire), I went on the edge of the map where it was really easy since there are no hazards on the edges of the map. Does this even make sense? Haha.

My character was a Sorcerer paired up with Chrom.
Severa was paired up with Cordelia and Severa was a Bride. (Attacking and Fortify)
Morgan was paired up with Lucina and Morgan is also a sorcerer.
Brady was my last unit who was just there to Fortify.

Top Bottom