• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
On top of the animations, I want to see the details of how everything plays out, complete with hit rates so I can cringe when the RNG decides to abuse me. That and since I'm using characters I didn't use before, there's a whole bunch of crit quotes I haven't heard yet~

Kellam hit level 14, and finally got a Res-free levelup. :x

nessokman

Smash Lord
My friend said his Olivia killed grima with sol katti in one hit with critical. #impossibleloadofcrap

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
On top of the animations, I want to see the details of how everything plays out, complete with hit rates so I can cringe when the RNG decides to abuse me. That and since I'm using characters I didn't use before, there's a whole bunch of crit quotes I haven't heard yet~

Kellam hit level 14, and finally got a Res-free levelup. :x
inb4neveragain

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
My friend said his Olivia killed grima with sol katti in one hit with critical. #impossibleloadofcrap
Limit Break, AS +2, Swordfaire, Lethality, & ??? along with being on easy modo...... prolly and only if they got lucky and landed that lethality on top of it, not sure if lethality can land tho on em. Anything else.... BS or just abuse of luck/crit rates XD

E: Yeah, can't one hit, but can still land an absurd crit

Reizilla

Pretty sure Dragonskin doesn't allow for lethality (or counter). Although, I'm not sure if Grima has it on normal mode.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Pretty sure Dragonskin doesn't allow for lethality (or counter). Although, I'm not sure if Grima has it on normal mode.
Looked it up myself, and he does, also halves damage. So yeah... would of needed to be an insane crit, which is not far from impossible on Normal. Stat stacking and the right pairing... and a bit of RNG being on your side and could be possible

Lunatic is not all that bad after plaything through it. It is incredibly restrictive, but mostly only due to the first Pro-Ch.5. Even these are not that bad after you perform specific placements or trades earlier on you have very reliable method for clearing. There is enough resources out there that you can gain enough information about the game to plan ahead and abuse there used methods without having played the game before.

After this, you pretty much solo the entire game with a couple of units. After you hit Nosferatu (chapter 13), the game is finished. Its lunatic reverse is impossible without resets as Axe guy (hawkeye, luna, hammer) in a couple of situations cannot be handled.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yay a new playable character that can learn Armsthrift to add to my collection.

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
Why do promoted units take forever to level up suddenly?? And this is on EXP growth. >_>
Exponential growth is only good for pre-advancement. If you want to level up once every minute, go to Ch.15 or a lower chapter (one with a fort/beach is preferred) and use a reeking box, only select two units, pair them up, turn off all animations and skip every turn, and then watch as you level up like crazy.

Doing this I maxed out like 6 of my children's res's in like 5-6 hours.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Why do promoted units take forever to level up suddenly?? And this is on EXP growth. >_>
I believe this is due to the units' internal level. The game keeps track of all the levels after using seals. http://serenesforest.net/fe13/calculation.html Your best bet for EXP at this point is to have units solo maps with Paragon. Someone suggested Lost Bloodlines 3 and it's been okay for me so far. I would think this also works for Smash Brethren and Rogues and Redeemers since the enemies there are at reasonable levels. If you don't have the DLC, then try what Astraea said.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Patiently awaiting details, hoping the game will include more diverse characters on the SMT side.

I haven't played them to judge, but the SMT main series character practically look exactly the same. I'd like to see Devil Survivor or Persona characters make an appearance.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Patiently awaiting details, hoping the game will include more diverse characters on the SMT side.

I haven't played them to judge, but the SMT main series character practically look exactly the same. I'd like to see Devil Survivor or Persona characters make an appearance.
Yeah I kind of see where you're getting at. But when you play the games you see that they're very different. I'd like characters from all over the SMT universe have a role in this. Characters from Digital Devil Saga, Soul Hackers, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor, and Persona (not just 3 and 4, but also 1, 2, and 4Arena) are all welcome. I just feel like it seems a little unbalanced when you see like a billion FE characters compared to the few SMT characters.

Aside from that, how do you think the game will play, and are you pleasantly surprised or cautiously approaching?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Pleasantly surprised, because I had never in my life dreamed that this game would exist.

Atlus has already confirmed that it will be an RPG. That said, that's kinda vague. I think we can rule out SRPG simply because SRPG is pretty distinct from a straight-up RPG. As for how it will actually play, I have no idea, and I plan to reserve my judgement until we get some info.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Pleasantly surprised, because I had never in my life dreamed that this game would exist.

Atlus has already confirmed that it will be an RPG. That said, that's kinda vague. I think we can rule out SRPG simply because SRPG is pretty distinct from a straight-up RPG. As for how it will actually play, I have no idea, and I plan to reserve my judgement until we get some info.
So FE characters in an SMT game then? I'd totally be down for that. For some reason, SMT x FE are so different but for some reason they would go really well together.

nessokman

Smash Lord
It tensei and FE are to cross, inter dimensional travel can't be ruled out. The universes have little in common.we have time travel, hell let's do dimensional while we're at it

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I finally got Lunatic+ just to realize that I'm heading towards a nightmare of a gameplay. I can't wait to see how many hours this will take. >.<

Reizilla

I got up to chapter 2 on lunatic+ without breaking a sweat... And then I gave up completely.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ A-ha, I can't wait to see how fun The Strongest Name DLC will be in Lunatic+.

Reizilla

Can anyone send me a pre-beaten ROM of FE7? I want to stream a run with Hector normal mode, but I don't to beat the whole game first.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Just put codes into the emulator so your lord can never die and kill everything.
I beat the game in like 10 minutes.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
I'm on my third playthrough, and I'm not sure as to whether I should have my avatar marry Tharja, in order to have two super children, or to try to get Shadowgift on Morgan. Modifiers end up around the same regardless, so it's either Shadowgift on Morgan or a really powerful Noire.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
By the way, what's everybody's thoughts on SMT x FE?
Excited for it. If it's straight up RPG, I'm hoping it's mostly Atlus that's handling it (Intelligent Systems recent Paper Mario works haven't been up to par). If it's SRPG, hopefully IS handles that part. But who knows, it could be a mix like DeSu is, but I don't want it all to be like that.

Also hoping they keep Persona characters far away from this, and it's looking like that way at the moment.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
By the way, what's everybody's thoughts on SMT x FE?
The only thing that could possibly get me more hyped would be a Chrono Trigger x FE.
Or a Chrono Trigger x SMT.

I trust Atlus to make a good game, and FE13 was a very good step forward for IS, so I'm expecting a good game. I'm a little cautious because both series are very different from each other, but they are both strong and I'm excited to see what they can do with it. I also don't mind if it only has characters from the main SMT game or if they add characters from the side games.

Hopefully it will be a great addition to the Wii U, it needs it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So I got a Wii U. It pains me that Japan has Fire Emblem 3 and 4 on Wii U VC already and the US will never get it.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Go to supercheats, search for Fire Emblem, go to the correct game, and go to the gameshark codes section.

Can anyone send me a pre-beaten ROM of FE7? I want to stream a run with Hector normal mode, but I don't to beat the whole game first.
If emulating, all you need is a .sav file that has the necessary data for the games completion. I assume you are using the visual boy advance.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4bqoob03dd390yo This one has all the game modes beaten and available. Simply rename the (NameHere).sav to match the rom's name in the same folder.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So, am I the only person to go around trying to Disarm and Steal people's weapons in Radiant Dawn P2? Just finished doing this in Chapter 1, got an extra Javelin, and Iron Axe. Also managed a Steel Sword and a Venin Edge.
I know I'm probably wasting way too much time, but I'm finding this to be pretty funny.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Been playing since the first of May (as it says in the daily logs) and been having a ball. I have only played FE PoR and Sacred Stones on Normal, but this time I'm doing hard. I will actually go back to Sacred Stones and PoR and do it on Hard to see how much better I can do.

Love Donnel. Love Anna. Really making sure I get all those Bullions. At Ch 12 now. :D

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Hard mode on Awakening is just as difficult as normal mode in most other games. There's no real "Hard" mode in this game. There's:

Baby Mode
Normal Mode
Bull**** Mode
Bull****+ Mode

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I wouldn't say it's that easy.

I would put Awakening Hard as harder than PoR or RD normal, but easier than their hard modes.

Top Bottom