• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Make them archers with counter and refresh(not refresh, but the one that works every turn for war monks I forget what its called.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I need Ricken to do my no recuse staff use in chapter 5.

Other than that his speed makes me cry at how useless he is. Like a lot of characters should have better bases.. But i guess cause they made growths much better in general compared to old games, didn't want to risk it getting too easy with both good bases and growths.

Reizilla

I made a team of all spotpass characters + MU and Morgan. Pretty broken IMO

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Wish they would realize they can make a verse mode with objective maps like defend/seize maps

Person defending wins after some amount of turns. Person seizing gets twice the units.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
is anyone else upset that you cant battle another player's team head to head in real time?
While I haven't run into the various dozen people at my local uni first hand (aside street passing them on given days). I do kinda wish this was given some thought to implementation. Then again, perhaps the next one?

Anyways finished L+ mode and am completely burnt out from this game. May wait till the rest of the DLC rolls out before picking it up once more.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Finished my first run of classic normal 2 days after getting awakening. Really enjoyed my first play through, although I didn't realize how the child system worked until it was far to late to actually plan it out. Although i did get sick swords master Noir with lethality and soultaker. I also realized too late that Donnel needs 2nd seal to actually get into another class. I was assuming he worked like the Novice classes in Sacred stones but with a higher level cap. He max'd out on hero stats before he hit lvl 10, his growth is amazing. Soloed the last three levels minus chrom for the last level.

Is there a link anywhere to a chart for base and growth rates for all the characters?

Reizilla

I wouldn't know because nobody plays here, but that makes me sad now :c

nessokman

Smash Lord
Honestly people? The characters that start weak are:(donnell, ricken, mariable,miriel, Olivia) but when you raise them, they are insane.

Ricken is horrible when you get him, but if you make him into a sage->dark knight, his speed and defense own. My ricken took out validar's army (chap 23 I think) and beat them.

Donnel, likewise is great. Make him go villager ->mercenary->hero.he's great

Mariable is hard to raise, but when done right: thronanbular ->Mage->war cleric->sage

My friend's Olivia is a swordmaster. Not max yet and base damage is 47. She is a great char to raise.

The weak ones are the best.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
anyone can be made good, they are bad because the work needed to make them good is much higher than the work needed for other characters like Cordelia

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
At the end of the day, what matters is stat caps and class sets (and therefore skills), which is why all the units you just mentioned are bad.

They take more effort to achieve worse results than virtually any of the children or the Avatar.

There are some good tier 1 units in terms of classes, like Olivia, Lon'Qu, Sully, etc, but children are almost always better because they get THAT and MORE.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
there should be two categories, good parents, and good children. Cause we all know children pretty much have much more potential than parents.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
They do, because you don't realistically have time to get them up to par without murdering your tactics rating.

There are a few who can get by that come to mind from playing 7. Latest you can reasonably squeeze in is Dart, but he's not quite an Est, and requires you to take a funds hit to promote him.

Niño is completely unusable though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Wouldn't Farina be fine to use? She costs the same as Dart. Though i guess she's not low stats. Just your units should be promoting by then though.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Farina doesn't add anything to a team, because she's essentially obsoleted by Florina and Fiora. Both have better support options that are less in-demand than hers, take less effort, join earlier and turn out essentially just as good.

Dart actually fills an interesting role, offering a good support for Geitz (Fire/Thunder), as well as Will/Rebecca if you're using an Archer. (mostly for exp rank

He's also the most statistically impressive (primary) Axeman not named Hector, since he actually gets Speed to speak of.

His first few chapters after joining are also pretty accommodating for feeding him kills, too, as 19 has Pegasus Knights and 19x has Knights and useless mages. Chapter 20 is mostly cavaliers, and he can get kills beating up the Archers in the lower right with a Handaxe, or barging through the left side of the map. Chapter 21 has Wyvern Knights that he can deal with by this point, which is a big plus for him.

Needless to say, I am a fan of Dart.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yes, but Farina is 20k to recruit + her promotion item valued at 20k, making them roughly the same.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Characters in awakening shouldn't be measured by how well they do during the main story line, seeing how Awakening is terribly easy (Lunatic and Lunatic+ gets easy after you complete the first few chapters and know to look out for morons with counter in L+) and you have access to plenty of grinding chances, anyone can be your best unit. Where characters real worth should be measured is in Streetpass battles. That's when you'll really see why for example Ricken isn't good and characters like Morgan are godly.

Top Bottom