• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
So since I'm a completionist, I'm getting all (or many) of the characters to have full skill sets and the ideal class. What did people do for Gregor and Vaike? I like the idea of making one of them a Berserker (since I don't have any), but the outfits are horrific (and I pay decent attention to aethetics / flavor, otherwise I'd have made Owain a Berserker).

For now Gregor is a Hero, and Vaike is a Warrior.
You have to recruit Nergal and make him a Berserker. It just makes you feel good inside for some reason.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Since the game allows you to reclass and stuff, it didn't really matter to me, but I made both of them Heroes, lol.

Right but not everyone has the opportunity to get the Barbarian line. I'll probably keep Gregor as is, and move Vaike into Berserker just got Axefaire and then switch back since I already have Counter.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I plan to have my characters be on one of their base class's promotion with a few exceptions, such as my Avatar being a Sorcerer (I defined his asset and flaw as Mag and Str, respectively, so I basically traded swords with dark magic).

So far, I have two characters at max stats: Owain (Swordmaster) and Ricken (Dark Knight).
Donnel (Bow Knight), Chrom (Great Lord), Lucina (Great Lord), Sully (Paladin), Sumia (Dark Flier) and Henry (Sorcerer) are pretty close to max stats. They all have one or two stats 1-5 points away from the limit, something that can be fixed with stat boosting items I have been obtaining through Risen challenges and Anna's shop.

I went through reclassing to reach such high stats. Owain has Donnel as his father and I reclassed him to Villager to learn Aptitude, then reclassed to Mercenary and learn Armsthrift (Luck*2% chance of not counting a weapon use). As a Lv 9 Swordmaster, he hit max stats with 51 Luck. The result? Weapons have infinite uses and he's an authentic killing machine. His inventory consists of Levin Sword, Brave Sword, Balmunk (the Spd+5 bonus may be enough to double certain foes) and Amatsu (for ranged physical attacks).

His skillset is Astra, Vantage, Swordfaire, Armsthrift and Patience (I might replace this one with Sol, but having extra hit and dodge rate when under attack isn't bad at all).

I had Chrom, Sumia and Ricken reclass to Great Knight so they could have the Luna skill. Sully and Lucina have Astra and Vantage due to being previously classed as Myrmidons.

I actually plan on doing this to all my units, so it's going to be a long time until that is done. Completionists will really spend a long time on this game. If you want to unlock all support conversations, you need to do a lot of playthroughs, considering the amount of possible marriages.

(Didn't expect to write such a long post. :p I really like the reclassing system of this game as the possibilities for unit customization are almost endless.)

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Well, in regards to maxing supports, the game saves the conversations in the Support Log even if you make a Bookmark during a Chapter, so you could acquire multiple S rank conversations that way. The only person you really need to do multiple playthroughs for maxing supports is Chrom, and even then you can just use the Casual mode save option during Ch 11 (though you'll still have to play until Ch 13 again and do the paralogue for his other child)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Well, in regards to maxing supports, the game saves the conversations in the Support Log even if you make a Bookmark during a Chapter, so you could acquire multiple S rank conversations that way. The only person you really need to do multiple playthroughs for maxing supports is Chrom, and even then you can just use the Casual mode save option during Ch 11.
If this is true, this will be a game-changer for me. I won't have a delete one of my files anymore to fill my support log!

Edit: I checked my Barracks today, and 3 of the 5 events were Lon'qu stepping on things...2 of which were Glass Swords. What are the odds...?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I play on aesthetics / flavor a lot, but I also don't like overloading classes. Like I don't have any Berserkers / Griffon Riders / Tricksters, but have a plethora of people on Hero / Swordmaster / Paladin, and I prefer a balanced roster more than anything else.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Found this
image.jpg
Donnell.If I could find a naked pic of him, I'd subtitle it "too sexy for my crops" and make it my profile pic for lolzzzzzz

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
Donnell is teh suck
o man New fire emblem quick please
I've clocked 160 hours so far on awakening GG good investment so far

nessokman

Smash Lord
my 3ds has a broken lower screen with black streaks, i can't read the touch screen which really screws me in lunatic....I want FE on wii u, but it has to sell 700,000 to be profitable according to someone at nintendo....****, i don't think there are that many wii U units out ^.^

After awakening, i think the next fire emblem will be a system seller. Give it time

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
my 3ds has a broken lower screen with black streaks, i can't read the touch screen which really screws me in lunatic....

I feel your pain. My 3DS has its L button perma-stuck, so my game keeps scrolling through all the characters during battle phases.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I feel your pain. My 3DS has its L button perma-stuck, so my game keeps scrolling through all the characters during battle phases.
Well hey, just be thankful you can read what's on the lower screen, i won't even be able to play a link between worlds because the map and gear is on the touch screen....

Side note: It costs $95 to get 3ds repaired. That is half the cost of the 3ds itself....Talk about crooked business. I doubt it would take $30 to fix....

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
My original Phat DS had the top screen crack. I actually did a successful blind run of New Super Mario Bros. 1 (before the DS Lite came out).

As for my current one, it's impossible to play most games because the L button overrides the touch screen (as in it won't work if any buttons are being held down). A few specific examples of how this screws me over:

[collapse=Spoiler because not Fire Emblem]StarFox 64 3D = Ship tilts vertically.
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D = Can't L-target at all.
Mario Kart 7 = Can't use items. Pressing X doesn't work so long as L is held down.
4th Gen Pokemon (excluding HG/SS) = Scrolls indefinitely through boxes, so can't withdraw/deposit anything. Also items in bag scrolls.
5th Gen Pokemon = On top of that above, I can't battle at all because holding the L button forces the "Move Description" menu to come up.
Fire Emblem Awakening = Already posted above. Scrolls through character's during battle phases. Only have the demo, atm, so may be more.
Various VC games = Ranges from nothing to not being able to target normally in games like Yoshi's Island 2/Metroid Fusion.
3DS Apps = Can't use the touch screen at all for things such as Swapnote.[/collapse]

I got mine at launch, and upon checking the (expired) warrant it would've cost me about $80...if I hadn't "tampered" with the system. Opened the L button to try and manually "snip" the wire (disabling the button entirely). Needless to say, didn't work. And now my 3DS is an eyesore/paperweight.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I finally started working on the children characters.

Lucina - Great Lord
* Aether / Rightful King / Aegis / Pavise / Renewal

Brady - War Monk
* Renewal / Healtouch / Prescience / Hit Rate +20 / Miracle

Gerome - Wyvern Lord
* Swordbreaker / Lancebreaker / Renewal / HP +5 / Counter

Lucina's pretty legit.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Official Child Tier List (In terms of battle usefulness)

God Tier
Morgan(Both), Severa, Inigo, Owain

High Tier:
Lucina, Noire, Nah

Mid Tier:
Everyone else

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah I'm debating on what I want to build Morgan into. Definitely want Galeforce / Sol / Armsthrift; I guess we'll see if Strength or Magic gets the lead.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
@ Kirisame
I think Brady should also be in God Tier instead of just Mid Tier. I mean, after all, he gets Aggressor and Galeforce (just like Inigo and Owain), which is a fairly powerful skill combination. On top of that, he has access to Luna regardless of his father and has a great Magic stat. He's not the greatest Sorcerer, but he's definitely a great Sage.

nessokman

Smash Lord
My original Phat DS had the top screen crack. I actually did a successful blind run of New Super Mario Bros. 1 (before the DS Lite came out).

As for my current one, it's impossible to play most games because the L button overrides the touch screen (as in it won't work if any buttons are being held down). A few specific examples of how this screws me over:

[collapse=Spoiler because not Fire Emblem]StarFox 64 3D = Ship tilts vertically.
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D = Can't L-target at all.
Mario Kart 7 = Can't use items. Pressing X doesn't work so long as L is held down.
4th Gen Pokemon (excluding HG/SS) = Scrolls indefinitely through boxes, so can't withdraw/deposit anything. Also items in bag scrolls.
5th Gen Pokemon = On top of that above, I can't battle at all because holding the L button forces the "Move Description" menu to come up.
Fire Emblem Awakening = Already posted above. Scrolls through character's during battle phases. Only have the demo, atm, so may be more.
Various VC games = Ranges from nothing to not being able to target normally in games like Yoshi's Island 2/Metroid Fusion.
3DS Apps = Can't use the touch screen at all for things such as Swapnote.[/collapse]

I got mine at launch, and upon checking the (expired) warrant it would've cost me about $80...if I hadn't "tampered" with the system. Opened the L button to try and manually "snip" the wire (disabling the button entirely). Needless to say, didn't work. And now my 3DS is an eyesore/paperweight.
No, regardless physical damage to any nintendo system voids warranty

nessokman

Smash Lord

God Tier

High Tier:
Lucina, Noire, Nah

Mid Tier:
Everyone else
my lucina gets sol every time she is attacked :I she also has vengance and galeforce. SHe is my god character

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
A question: What class should I retire Kjelle into? She currently has Limit Breaker, Sol, Astra, Pavise, and Aegis, and is currently a Paladin with Gregor as the father.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
my lucina gets sol every time she is attacked :I she also has vengance and galeforce. SHe is my god character
Well of course she is if FeMU is her mother (which I'm assuming is true as I'm pretty sure the only other first gen unit with Mercenary, Dark Mage, and Pegasus Knight is Cordelia.)
Fastblade, with a skill set like that, I would think General seems ideal for your Kjelle, seeing as how you have Pavise, Aegis, and Sol on her and she can't get Galeforce with Gregor as her father.

A question: What class should I retire Kjelle into? She currently has Limit Breaker, Sol, Astra, Pavise, and Aegis, and is currently a Paladin with Gregor as the father.
Hero. I think its the best ending class in the game. Good movement. Access to swords (unique swords) and axes for your 1-2 range needs. No annoying bonus damage either. Followed up great maximum stats all-around too. A great multi-purpose class.

God Tier

High Tier:
Lucina, Noire, Nah

Mid Tier:
Everyone else
The only way to judge that to me would be to pick criteria that is not very subjective. For example, I would say that any child that has the Avatar as a parent is better than any child no matter what due to all the reclass options and potential skills the Avatar can pass down. With that in mind, I would say the only criteria is class sets and starting weapons. Since all kids inherit all the classes of the parent those are determined by the sole parent. Chrom's class options are the exact same Lucina gets. Therefore, the skills to be passed due not matter at all. Ignoring the potential other parent too.

Also, this game has shown that Nosferatu is extremely stupid in this game and to me any character that gets access to Dark Mage is instantly broken in terms of battle usefulness.

God Tier
Morgan (either)
(All classes and Dark Mage)
High Tier
Severa, Laurent, Noire
(Dark mage)
Next Tier
Lucina, Kjelle, Inigo, Nah
(Better combat classes/unique starting weapon)
Other
owain, brady, cynthia, gerome, yarne
(Nothing really special about them at all)

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
owain
(Nothing really special about them at all)

oh boy you may have not had RULES OF NATURE!Owain

Henry!Owain@ Dread Fighter

STR: 52
MAG: 52
SKL: 52
SPD: 52
LCK: 56
DEF: 50
RES: 54

Vantage
Vengeance
Wrath/Aggressor(if you're not streetpassing)
Limit Breaker
Miracle/Galeforce(if you're not streetpassing)

forge some Katarina's bolts for maximum vengeance crits, levin swords, and brave axes

laws of the wild

That's because end of game content to me doesn't mean squat lol Any child you make can be find a fairly similar clone. Maximum stats are not going to matter much as the variation is largely determined by class and only a small amount (~3 points max) for any stat variation between two people isn't much either. The skill set is really the only determining factor and if you tried looking around you'd find that many skills sets are not super unique. I can get Laurent to be much the same combat unit safe as the one you mentioned with my choice of skill depending upon the father. He already gets barbarian/dark mage class set. The choice of miracle/vantage depends upon father at that point. Galeforce cannot be gotten, but you yourself already listed alternative slots.

Plus, there is probably some subjective debate about what the best skill layout is which is why I didn't bother going into any sort of which father should owain or XXX kid get. Why would you need to go and equip both bolts and the Levin sword... Brave axe would make sense for double hit usage, but bolts > sword any day.

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
how about factoring in access to armsthrift? thats the skill that allows the nosferatu spam almost all game

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Armsthrift + 50 Luck or more = Infinite weapons

Owain with Donnel as his father has 51 max luck.

Kellam has a good class set if you want more skills for him. I have Kellam with max stats (except Mag) with Pavise, Dual Guard+, Renewal, Luna and Lethality as his equipped skills. He's a very good wall and capable of taking a lot of physical hits thanks to his high defense and frequent Pavise activation and destroying a good amount of foes thanks to his high strength and frequent Luna and Lethality skill activations. Recovering 30% HP per turn is also a big plus.

I think Kjelle might be better than Kellam, thanks to having access to both Aegis and Pavise. If the father has access to the War Monk class, she can inherit Renewal as well, which goes well with defensive classes like General and Great Knight.

Also, does anyone here think the stat boosting skills (Str +2, Mag +2, Def +2, etc...) are worth using?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I asked that question because I have Dark Knight Ricken with Mag +2, Focus, Slow Burn, Lifetaker and Luna as the skill set.

I could perhaps replace Mag +2 with Bowbreaker (Bow Knight), Tomefaire (Sage), Hit Rate +20% (Sniper) or Aegis (Paladin). I'll have to reclass him again for any of these skills, so I was asking if it might be worth the extra training.

Considering I plan on keeping him as Dark Knight since he has good Str and Mag (he's maxed), Bowfaire is useless, but any of the other skills can be good. Tomefaire could be a good replacement for Mag +2. (I might even grind all the way to get all those skills...)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Tomefaire literally obsoletes Magic +2 outside of using a Levin Sword. (Who even uses those though?)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I use them for funsies. Sorceror + Armsthrift + forged Aversa's Night = best unit

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Armsthrift + 50 Luck or more = Infinite weapons

Owain with Donnel as his father has 51 max luck.

Kellam has a good class set if you want more skills for him. I have Kellam with max stats (except Mag) with Pavise, Dual Guard+, Renewal, Luna and Lethality as his equipped skills. He's a very good wall and capable of taking a lot of physical hits thanks to his high defense and frequent Pavise activation and destroying a good amount of foes thanks to his high strength and frequent Luna and Lethality skill activations. Recovering 30% HP per turn is also a big plus.

I think Kjelle might be better than Kellam, thanks to having access to both Aegis and Pavise. If the father has access to the War Monk class, she can inherit Renewal as well, which goes well with defensive classes like General and Great Knight.

Also, does anyone here think the stat boosting skills (Str +2, Mag +2, Def +2, etc...) are worth using?
Virtually anyone can reach over 50 Luck when considering Limit Breaker. In regards to Kjelle and Kellam, the children characters are generally better than first generation units due to having more class options along with better stats. I suppose All Stats +2 is a decent stat boosting skill, but most of them aren't that great.

Top Bottom