• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

how about factoring in access to armsthrift? thats the skill that allows the nosferatu spam almost all game
If you are within the game as normal, then you can just have a finite limit be large enough to satisfy all the needs you'll need to complete a chapter.
Sorcerer -> Pair with Chrom for convoy -> Infinite Nosferatu

nessokman

Smash Lord
I asked that question because I have Dark Knight Ricken with Mag +2, Focus, Slow Burn, Lifetaker and Luna as the skill set.

I could perhaps replace Mag +2 with Bowbreaker (Bow Knight), Tomefaire (Sage), Hit Rate +20% (Sniper) or Aegis (Paladin). I'll have to reclass him again for any of these skills, so I was asking if it might be worth the extra training.

Considering I plan on keeping him as Dark Knight since he has good Str and Mag (he's maxed), Bowfaire is useless, but any of the other skills can be good. Tomefaire could be a good replacement for Mag +2. (I might even grind all the way to get all those skills...)
Ricken is better off as a sage, it gets him i think mag +5 if using a tome. (think) and he can use staves to heal, making him with a rescue staff godly for saving units. Only thing bad with it is his mobility being lower, but it's a good tradeoff

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Tomefaire is definitely superior to Mag +2 as said before, and Sage has better stats overall compared to Dark Knight, only having lower Str (which isn't needed at all as a Sage), Def, and Movement. Other than that Sage is superior stats-wise to Dark Knight, especially for someone like Ricken who's stats favor Magic over Strength.

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
Anybody do a Apotheosis secret path run without limit breaker? I think it's doable, I got to like the fourth wave on like the 2nd try. Also I really wish I never married Frederick to Olivia . . . Inigo can't double anything with that -2 speed lol....

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Have you tried using Rally users and tonics? Those seem like they would definitely help your Inigo's problem with doubling things.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
why is this game so broken

go sorcerer
go assassin
go hero

or go home

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Berserkers and Sages are also pretty good in Apotheosis due to their raw firepower and good speed, along with Sage's ability to use staves. Of course, if we're strictly talking ingame, then Sorcerers, Assassins, Heroes, and Dark Fliers are probably the best classes.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
you forgot dark flier
for galeforce yeah

edit: nevermind, I take that back. dark fliers are pretty strong tied with their good mobility and a iote's shield

shame you gotta waste a slot for it but yeah still I wouldn't put it up there with the three gods at least

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
I Shouldnt have married Lissa and Libra >_> My Owain has a Higher Mag cap than Str Cap as a swordmaster, but at least he has good resistance.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
for galeforce yeah

edit: nevermind, I take that back. dark fliers are pretty strong tied with their good mobility and a iote's shield

shame you gotta waste a slot for it but yeah still I wouldn't put it up there with the three gods at least
Out of curiosity, are you basing these "three gods" on their performance ingame, on StreetPass teams, or on Apotheosis/Postgame?

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Anybody do a Apotheosis secret path run without limit breaker? I think it's doable, I got to like the fourth wave on like the 2nd try. Also I really wish I never married Frederick to Olivia . . . Inigo can't double anything with that -2 speed lol....
no Limit Breaker, no Aggressor is easily doable
you probably don't even need any DLC items, honestly
(and I didn't use a single Berserker and only one Sage on that run too, funny)

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
no Limit Breaker, no Aggressor is easily doable
you probably don't even need any DLC items, honestly
(and I didn't use a single Berserker and only one Sage on that run too, funny)

I think Hero's most useful unit on that map since without +14 stats on everything (via DLC) they're the only units that can hit most units 4x with dual supports. My Gerome (berserker) hits hard, but can't hit crap due to the low skill, which is why I swapped him for Morgan. I'll probably try again after I'm done watching Avatar

Now a real challenge would be trying to do that map with only no rally or healers/first gen only/no galeforce/no forging LOL

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
So I literally just started playing Fire Emblem today - borrowed my cousin's Sacred Stones for GBA.

I have to say that I haven't really played any tactical games like this. I'm on Normal and have had to restart at least 3 times. I'm on Chapter 5 right now.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So I literally just started playing Fire Emblem today - borrowed my cousin's Sacred Stones for GBA.

I have to say that I haven't really played any tactical games like this. I'm on Normal and have had to restart at least 3 times. I'm on Chapter 5 right now.

Advanced Wars doesn't even compare, but is a pretty decent analogy. Kinda.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
So I just finished a run through of Awakening on normal today. I wanted to start a second run through and go through and use a bunch of the children. I struggled a little bit on Normal, and I was just wondering if Lunatic was actually a lot harder than normal or if it's manageable.

Also is it just me or are Berserkers just ridiculous.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I seriously had tons of trouble on Lunatic Mode because of how powerful the enemies are at the beginning. You really need to take advantage of Frederick, Pair-Ups, and Veteran to manage the beginning. If you want to do a harder difficulty, then as Firefly suggested, you should probably just go through Hard Mode instead.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Somebody here should start speed-running Awakening with me~
Once I get a time I love for Hard I'm going to learn Lunatic and try it there. It's fun!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I got 1:05 before Grima's chapter. Haven't been recording any of them, but since Grima takes 1.5 turns it's probably somewhere around 1:07 for Chrom's final hit/MU's final hit... Which is where I'm assuming the run would end.

Also, talking about it would be awesome. All you really have to figure out is how to class MU...

Oh, and I'm not sure if it should be legit, but grind 50k Renown for Boots on chapter 4.
That took forever.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
That sounds like a pretty clean ending point for me. And an hour-long speedrun sounds a-okay to me. Now I just have to find the time to start running it...and delete one of my files. crap

smashmachine

Smash Lord
I got 1:05 before Grima's chapter. Haven't been recording any of them, but since Grima takes 1.5 turns it's probably somewhere around 1:07 for Chrom's final hit/MU's final hit... Which is where I'm assuming the run would end.

Also, talking about it would be awesome. All you really have to figure out is how to class MU...

Oh, and I'm not sure if it should be legit, but grind 50k Renown for Boots on chapter 4.
That took forever.
oh shoot you're speedrunning this?
inb4 vykan just godmodes this game too

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'm probably going to be streaming the last or second last of my test runs at twitch.tv/nickriddle
I'm down for people watching/telling me what to do/laughing at how bad I am.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What are the rules of the speed run? People allowed to die? Has there been any unfortunate crits against you? I'm assuming you skip te enemy phase which will cut out a lot

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I haven't actually seen another run of the game... So I make it up. People can die but it adds the death speech to the time. In my run I use Renown and Bonus Box items too. No Bonus Box units though.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Going to go live now. I'm going to try harder to look up runs for the game to see if I can find any rules or anything. It'd be fun to do it legit.
I DID find that WR's around 50 minutes... which is a bit faster than I am. :(

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Going to go live now. I'm going to try harder to look up runs for the game to see if I can find any rules or anything. It'd be fun to do it legit.
I DID find that WR's around 50 minutes... which is a bit faster than I am. :(
WR's: Abuse the hell out of galeforce and having auto skip combat/animations set to all. Oh and maybe getting lucky crits <_<

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I remember when nosferatu tanking was a cool niche that had like 40 uses

Or for having Laura solo the dragon chapter in radiant dawn. (Except for the boss :x)

nessokman

Smash Lord
I Shouldnt have married Lissa and Libra >_> My Owain has a Higher Mag cap than Str Cap as a swordmaster, but at least he has good resistance.
levin sword my friend-

That took forever.
the game can probably beaten in 40 mins if you do it right. Powerhouse sumia to use galeforce. The defeat the commander levels can all be done in less than 3 turns with it.

I'm on chap 17 on lunatic, anyone who struggled on hard just kill yourself now. If you think hard mode is trouble you got another thing coming.

. I found it really smooth sailing in the start, pairing chrom with Fred for a speed boost (to dodge hammer enemies) now at 17 enemies are getting counter, and because sumia's magic refused to go up, I only have maribelle as a tome weilder, and she is busy healing others...Vaike, no matter how much I wish him to die in a hole, has been undeniably useful.

Top Bottom