• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I felt dirty using the DLC at first, but then I realized that I'm doing essentially the same thing as I'd be doing grinding SpotPass teams or DLC ANYWAY, for less effort and better rewards.

I've completed the game and had sufficient challenge without making the difficulty trivial, so I'm happy. I wasn't going to stave off my perfectionism simply to appease my desire for difficulty, and I wasn't going to completely trivialize the game, either.

For me, my "Final Chapter" was recruiting Nah at the first available chance, when I was severely underleveled. That, for me, was a satisfying enough challenge to not be concerned about making the rest of the game a bit easier by getting all the children and leveling up more.

It's something I learned to balance after I "accidentally" trivialized Xenoblade by grinding to 96ish to get all the skill trees, and expecting the Final Boss to still be difficult. (He wasn't)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm going to do another playthrough in Awakening and try to play it the traditional way. Kinda wish I didn't grind so much, but what's done is done. I can't remember what my last chapter was before using the Gold and Experience maps. Maybe when I got Say'ri.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
My first run through was on Hard. I rarely stopped for risen fights and on the down side I didn't get most of the child characters until after the final level. The game was extremely challenging and the final level was epic. I strongly recommend not stopping to grind midway through unless you're on lunatic.

The final battle was amazing. I saw one opening and decided this was my only chance to take it. I rushed north. Used lucina to clear the way and Olivia to provide another turn for chrom/me. Attacked with chrom and my character paired up (couldn't both reach otherwise) but turned out missing one attack, foiling my plan. It actually came down to using Stahl, the only character who could reach the boss (with the assistance of rally movement) to ride up and attack with my character next to him. I had a 50% chance of assisting him with barely enough potential damage to kill the boss (6hp left), and Stahl was only attacking once with zero damage.
My heart was pounding.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I don't like using the EXP one. The level 30 enemies have counter, and it divides the EXP from the enemies into too many units. I prefer sending 1 guy into a chapter and killing everyone in it with them.
I end up wasting too much of my weapon for that.

The final battle was amazing....

Probably want to spoiler that next time.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Champions of Yore 2/3 are the fastest maps to train in. I think 2 may be better since it can be beaten in just one turn.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I end up wasting too much of my weapon for that.

Probably want to spoiler that next time.
Well, TBH I'm in normal mode at the moment and all I have to do is send a lone person in with bronze weapons and kill everyone

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Almost the sole reason I got the DLC was for the nostalgia and to see character interactions. When or if the Beach and Festival DLC are released, I'm going to be very happy.

I like the old music used for the DLC chapters too. Kinda wished A Gathering Of Storms was used for CoY3 instead of Echoes of Daybreak, but the Dawn Brigade fight theme meshes well with it, so w/e

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I only grind some of my weaker characters. Donnel, Chrom, Tharja and Anna are my main force and haven't even been in those chapters. I just don't want to waste all the time it would take to level up the children, or other characters that I never used.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Leveling up the children is not hard at ALL if you've used their parents even a little bit.

They come in with pretty insane base stats as well as bonuses from their parents, and a free C support with each parent with no work required. They shouldn't take much, if any work to get caught up and in the fight with their parents unless you're recruiting them super late in the story.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
you can have all the children you plan to use recruited by chapter 20 (assuming normally people will get around half the children). children chapters are good chapters to train other children on too. I had Severa solo Nah's map as a level 1 hero (arm scroll'd her axes to D) and she then overtook everyone LOL

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
i totally messed up my first run goodbye harem lineup QQ im going to have my unit marry anna next time :happysheep:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
There needs to be an opinion to turn off skirmishes. Cause they tempt me too much, i just need them off so i don't do em.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Heh, just managed to beat a Skirmish on Lunatic mode between Paralogue 1 and Ch.5. There was a generic streetpass team there, so I got them as allies; they went down fairly easily, though they did weaken the enemies enough that I was able to finish them with Freddy/Stahl, Chrom/Kellam, and Robin/Lon'qu. A lot of knights with silver lances/spears, along with a Peg Knight and a Myrmidon with like, 21 Spd each. It would feel like cheating if it wasn't so hard, and even then I didn't gain THAT much from it (though one of the knights did drop a Silver Lance for Freddy :awesome: ).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
if you can beat a skirmish on lunatic, you deserve a medal. But you did use a streetpass team to help LOL. TBH its impossible without that

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah, it really is. I had to bring out only my strongest units with optimal pairings just to be able to clean up. I would've been wiped out instantly I had to take the full force of the enemies.
In other news, my +Def Avatar now has Defense as her lowest stat. >.> I don't think she's seen an increase there in the last 5 level-ups.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm curious to see what everybody's Avatar looks like. It's a thought that came to me when I was creating my character a month ago.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mine is the smallest female body with spikey hair and an eye patch

Reizilla

How did I miss the option for an eye patch? :( mine looks exactly like Henry, but with purple hair, and I was super close to going with white.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Like.. I don't want to delete my current spotpass file with a small amount of grinded units .. And i have my lunatic run... Thats 2 files, leaving 1 to be deleted... But i can't do my support spam run then... Starting to think i'm gonna have to come up with a new grind run after my support run. Cause i reaaally don't want to delete my lunatic run.

Ok i'm not gonna make a perfect team until i'm 100% in supports #completionist

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm happy that my sister's outbreak of "I want to try this game cause i want to try the 3ds out" amounted to nothing

tbh the only thing I want to do is unlock all of MyUnit's confession scenes, so I'm skipping out on cookie cutter parent supports. Other supports actually provide insight on characters which usually let me like them more so I will be doing those though.

One particular support though I'm gonna want to see a certain scene when MyUnit has S rank support with Lucina. Given how MyUnit being Lucina's mother changes the scene dramatically. I'm wondering if being Lucina's life partner will do the same.

also anyone wanna take a stab on what happens when MyUnit pairs up with a children character? Does that child character live in the wrong time with MyUnit, when said child can even meet the younger version of him/herself.. Or do they go separate ways and MyUnit waits till the real child character grows up and gets it on like 15 years later after convincing them that they should be together... or does MyUnit and the child character just do the deed with and Morgan is conceived in the Mother's timeline living a time paradox life...

WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO LET MYUNIT MARRY CHILDREN CHARACTERS??!! I want to slap sense into that person

Reizilla

I'm pretty sure Morgan is from the fixed timeline anyway, given his perception of MU.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I hate this 3 file limit so so much
I have played too many games with only a one file limit to complain about FE having three.

Out of curiosity, would you rather have more content and only one save file or have less content but three save files?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm happy that my sister's outbreak of "I want to try this game cause i want to try the 3ds out" amounted to nothing
I kinda want to slap you for not assisting the Fire Emblem community at large by adding a (possibly) attractive female to it.

Gotta foster that ****. She may be your sister, but she could be someone else's dream wife!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the father should have more unique conversations with their children based on their personalities.

You think Yarne would treat his child differently considering how worried he is about the future of his species, for example

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
also anyone wanna take a stab on what happens when MyUnit pairs up with a children character? Does that child character live in the wrong time with MyUnit, when said child can even meet the younger version of him/herself.. Or do they go separate ways and MyUnit waits till the real child character grows up and gets it on like 15 years later after convincing them that they should be together... or does MyUnit and the child character just do the deed with and Morgan is conceived in the Mother's timeline living a time paradox life...

WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO LET MYUNIT MARRY CHILDREN CHARACTERS??!! I want to slap sense into that person
I don't know about marrying a second gen character but...

[COLLAPSE=epilogue and stuff]The epilogue made it sound like most if not all second gen characters stay in the current timeline.

I didn't pair any second gen characters up, Lucina just disappeared but the others stayed around for stories to be told about them, which wouldn't happen if they went back to their own time. And why would they want to, the gen 2 timeline is either still a dead world or it has changed to a place they wouldn't fit into anymore anyways.

Time travel isn't very strict in this game, Lucina does meet her younger self in the epilogue and there are no negative consequences, so that wouldn't be an issue. Waiting for the child from the gen 1 timeline to grow up wouldn't work, the two gen 2 characters wouldn't even be the same person mentally.

I don't think paradoxes are much of an issue here otherwise we would have to worry about stuff like gen 2 character's personality/memory changing as well as losing the reason to time travel in the first place once Grima is defeated, so the time travelers either have some sort of immunity from changes(like Chrono Trigger) or the timeline they come from never changed(Like DBZ(Lucina is kind of a lot like Trunks actually...)). Either option would solve many potential problems.

Of course I would need to actually pair them up to be sure.[/COLLAPSE]

Anyways, the time travel isn't really the focus of the story. We do not learn of any of the rules so I wouldn't worry about paradoxes, we have nothing to base whether or not a paradox would happen which makes it hard to judge if something really is a problem.

Though the Future of Despair may answer some questions, or raise others, or change nothing, we need to wait for that. :/

Edit: Yay, thinking too much about something I essentially said to not think too much about! :3

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It already has, Morgan is most likely from a different timeline than the other gen 2 characters.

Though whether all the games will be connected, who knows. Ike did manage to find himself into this world, which has FE1/3/11/12, FE2 and I believe FE4 and 5 are also part of this world.

I guess Nintendo needs a new series with a confusing timeline now that Zelda's has been answered. :/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Only under certain circumstances.

Since if he has siblings they recognize him

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Nah, timeline.

They recognize Morgan because he/she looks the same in both timelines, presumably. There'd be a Morgan (that isn't the one we recruit) from their timeline who is the one they recognize. Morgan has to exists in at least 2 timelines to avoid plot-****ing everything.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I kinda want to slap you for not assisting the Fire Emblem community at large by adding a (possibly) attractive female to it.

Gotta foster that ****. She may be your sister, but she could be someone else's dream wife!
That escalated quickly.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

...I doubt she'd really be into turn based strategy. She prefers stuff like the tales series where the action is hack and slash.. and given how underwhelming the story is, it's not gonna help. Though i guess she would enjoy the whole pairing up units thing.. guess if i tell her about that she might enjoy it...

BUT I NEED MY FILES ANYWAYS, maybe i'll tell her after i unlock all of MyUnit's confession scenes.

I don't think paradoxes are much of an issue here otherwise we would have to worry about stuff like gen 2 character's personality/memory changing as well as losing the reason to time travel in the first place once Grima is defeated, so the time travelers either have some sort of immunity from changes(like Chrono Trigger) or the timeline they come from never changed(Like DBZ(Lucina is kind of a lot like Trunks actually...)). Either option would solve many potential problems.
The first scene is Grima's memory in the form of MyUnit's dream. Grima also said that he did not open his memories to him until he would be ready for it. So assuming that, if gen 2 characters stayed in the current timeline, the real gen2 kids would start having dreams of what their older selves did or something.... So if the timeline A gen2 kid stayed, the timeline B kid would get the memories of the future self and then what if the love for MyUnit then blossomed from that..

majora_787

Smash Hero
I've been playing Awakening a lot lately. I honestly did it on easy myself, because I've been playing Radiant Dawn on hard and I needed something more relaxing than that so I could enjoy this.

And I don't call them skirmishes, I call them watching Donnel rip through 15-25 enemies for no actual reason. But the fact that they can just kind of keep you from shopping in places is kind of obnoxious.

Speaking of shops though, I wish there were shops that sold A-rank magic. I'm not sure where everything is really. I THOUGHT there was one that sold Brave weapons, but I could be wrong. And I only found a shop that went as high as B-rank magic. Which is fine I guess.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
chapter 25 will sell brave weapons, until then you have to get lucky with merchants for brave weapons.. my last run I ended up having like 3 of each sword, lance, and axe by chapter 23 from how many merchants i had with brave weapons xD

majora_787

Smash Hero
Oh, chapter 25? I forget, there are so many shops. ~_~ It's kind of obnoxious that there are just... what 30-40 shops that sell different things. xD Thanks.

Top Bottom