• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm thinking its excessive grinding all the supports for all the children

S support rank takes a bit to get to. Grinding supports usually for me is just having that one support combo solo a skirmish.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
TOLD YOU HOMIES.

You just gotta believe. At first I was like "Nobody Street Passes get outta here", but then Tags. LOTS OF THEM!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Happy birthday Lissa, thanks for the rift door.

I've only tried street pass once about a week after the game came out, ran into one person. I still have them on my map, fairly high levels, the avatar is maxed out, no equipment.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I debated doing that for a long time. My birthday is Feb 6th and I didn't get the game until the 8th (that giant shipping error is to blame). I made my lunatic tactician have my half birthday but perhaps that's also too far...

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I plan to get it. Whether I'll pre-order it now or wait until later is up in the air though.

At what specific time is the DLC supposed to come up?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Usually around noon eastern.

Looks like Lost Bloodlines 2 and Infinite Regalia are up. I haven't got anything for spotpass yet.

Edit: Gaiden spotpass characters.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just downloaded LB2, it's kinda weird, Arvis is good guy and you end up fighting both Prince Marth and King Marth. >_>

Definitely liking the music from Gaiden, it brings back a lot of memories.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Don't think so.

Find some friends, you live in New Jersey! Surely a local Smasher has the game.

Also Dread Fighter is officially the best Resistance tank, I don't even care. Raziek has 42 Res before ANYTHING now. And he's not even capped!

I went ahead and reclassed Raziek and Henry to Dread Fighters. Will probably reclass Owain once he gets Axefaire and I finish with Zerker.

They also look cool as all get out, holy god damn. They're basically Oni Ninjas. Got the masks and everything. And they always have an extra katana even if you're wielding an Axe, which looks awesome. Their magic animation could stand to be fancier, though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
All the smashers are in North Jersey. I'm just gonna have to hope for the best on campus then. Better get a spotpass team up then.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Dread Fighter is incredible. I reclassed Donnel into a Dread Fighter and went back to LB2, and he blazed through Alm's forces with no trouble at all. He won't be going down to any mages now.

If Dread Fighter is this cool, I'm anxious to see what the Bride class will do.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Only problem with Dread Fighter is that its caps are a little bit low. But I'm used to Hero/Assassin/Swordmaster caps, so I'm spoiled, I think.

I do find it kind of amusing that they don't mention anywhere in the DLC/Dread Scroll description that only male units can become Dread fighters. If I didn't already know females couldn't, I'd be raging over not being able to reclass my Nah at the moment.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I did a double take when I saw that the Skill stat would drop like a stone, yeah, but an S Support with Panne brought the Skill stat back to it's original value.

Donnel was the only one in my party that could handily take on multiple Deadlords in a row in Infinite Regalia before the DF reclass. Now he could probably coast his way through them, Deadlord Sages included. Should be fun.

Speaking of Infinite Regalia, Eltshan's NOA name is Eldigan. He was one of the few from Genealogy of the Holy War remaining that didn't have a NOA name, right? It's pretty cool that some names from Japan-only games are tweaked slightly from the romanization. Arumu to Alm, Eltshan to Eldigan, etc. Not to mention out-there ones like Roro to Legion.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Yeah. I was able to play it. Maybe it's only available right now if you bought The Golden Pack?

If so, we may be waiting another two weeks for the next DLC, like what happened with EXPonential Growth.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Wait, Regalia is out too?
Looks like Lost Bloodlines 2 and Infinite Regalia are up.
:(

I actually want Paragon more right now, I probably will not really mess around with post game grinding until we get LB3.

Yeah. I was able to play it. Maybe it's only available right now if you bought The Golden Pack?

If so, we may be waiting another two weeks for the next DLC, like what happened with EXPonential Growth.
It can be purchased by itself, it's listed in the store. As well as in Anna's spotpass message.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was wondering why I couldn't use Dread scroll on my main character...

...She's female!!! Dangit!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I made Morgan a general and she looks sooo cute as a tiny little girl wearing a ton of armor. I almost fell down xD

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My unit IS a general. I purposely picked the tiniest body type for that purpose

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Regalia still isn't working for me. Although from the sounds of it, my characters are still too weak anyway xD

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I always buy the packages because they end up being cheaper than buying the extra content one by one. This week, I didn't actually need to pay for anything. On the other hand, some chapters like EXPonential Growth were near useless to me.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
NOT ENOUGH

...I've actually only bought the 1st pack of DLC. I do intend to get the rest of them in packs, although if I come across one I don't want (IDK if this will exist) I'll just buy the others in pack.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I bought the Special Edition 3DS (sold my old one) and all the DLC, so....

$130 on the 3DS + Game. ($220 -90 I made back)
$16ish on DLC so far? (4, 6, 6?)

At 88 hours played that's about 2 bucks an hour, which is pretty darn good value so far. Realistically not counting the cost of the 3DS I'm already at less than 50 cents per hour of enjoyment.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The 3DS keeps track of the total time you have played a game for in the Activity Log.

I've played for 71:54. Thanks to the game being a gift as well as some 3DS shop cards I haven't spent a cent on the game personally.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I've noticed that i use more female units than male. Though i guess because the only units I care about the most are the child units.. and that's Nah, Morgan, and Severa.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
The only DLC pack I have not bought is the golden gaffe thing-a-majig.

I've been working to train an unbeatable streetpass team but I think I would feel guilty if I took the easy way by buying something that gives you an extreme amount of xp and gold. It kind of seems like cheating to me. What does everyone else think about it?

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
hard mode is literally a nightmare in this game. i couldnt get past the maribelle/ricken chapter without losing a unit. also im hoping to try out the dlc real soon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't like using the EXP one. The level 30 enemies have counter, and it divides the EXP from the enemies into too many units. I prefer sending 1 guy into a chapter and killing everyone in it with them.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
hard mode is literally a nightmare in this game. i couldnt get past the maribelle/ricken chapter without losing a unit. also im hoping to try out the dlc real soon.
Secret is to do paralouge 1 and get the recuse staff which will let Lissa recuse Maribella paired up with Ricken in the bottom right corner of the cliff.

but I have never had to do that in hard mode. I usually kill the myrmidon and the barbarian and Ricken can tank the dark mage if it bothers to attack him

Top Bottom