• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone happen to know when characters like Priam and Aversa, etc are going to be available?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The paralogues with bonus characters seem to be released every 2 weeks or so. We've got 2 so far out of a total of 6, and I think the 2 you listed are the last ones to be released.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I can't tell if Libra sucks or I'm just bad at this game.

Also, I'm wondering how I should level up Nah. Should I...
  • Give her Dragonstone+ and be done with it,
  • Second-class her to Mercenary to get Armsthrift (despite a current 19 luck stat) and then Sol when I upgrade to Hero then second-class her back to a manakete and give her Dragonstone+,
  • Or second-class her to a Myrmidion for Vantage and then upgrade to Swordmaster for Astra and then re-class her back to a Manakete and giver her a dragonstone+?
Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
He's a pre-premote so it's only natural that he lags behind in the long run.
That being said, he has pretty decent stat growths for a pre-promote and for a healer has pretty amazing bulk.

I ended up using him at first then dropping him for brady instead.
He ain't bad, but he's nothing special in the long run.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

Also, I'm wondering how I should level up Nah. Should I give her Dragonstone+ and be done with it, should I second-class her to Mercenary to get Armsthrift (despite a current 19 luck stat) and then Sol when I upgrade to Hero then second-class her back to a manakete and give her Dragonstone+, or should I second-class her to a Myrmidion for Vantage and then upgrade to Swordmaster for Astra and then re-class her back to a Manakete and giver her a dragonstone+?

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Go the Sol route, imo. Sol is too good.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Say'ri is a good unit, despite being a pre-promote. i like going to level 15 as swordmaster then making her an assassin.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
He's a pre-premote so it's only natural that he lags behind in the long run.
That being said, he has pretty decent stat growths for a pre-promote and for a healer has pretty amazing bulk.

I ended up using him at first then dropping him for brady instead.
He ain't bad, but he's nothing special in the long run.
But even his other classes suck imo (having Dark Knight, Sage, and Sorcerer as options aren't exactly great since Libra isn't really a magical unit and only uses Axe as a cleric. I mean if Beserker or Great Knight was a choice...). It's really annoying, and I've decided to keep him as a War Cleric even after getting to Lvl 15.

Also... what's with DLC? How often does it get released? If weekly, does it release on a certain day each week?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Based on the updates so far, DLC comes out on Thursdays.

So, about the Spotpass Paralogues. They're only available for one playthrough and can't be used again, ever? Because that's how I'm understanding it...

If so, that's kind of a slap in the face for those who want to use those Spotpass characters over and over, lol.

I finally got around to using the Wrath/Resolve combo on Ike against Ashnard. I didn't realize he would one round knock out medallion-ashnard. One hit and a critical lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've got 3 generations of Taguel in my game.

In the next game, I'm going to marry Aversa so I can get her ability. I like the idea of being able to use Dark Magic as any class, I think I can make something work with that

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Based on the updates so far, DLC comes out on Thursdays.

So, about the Spotpass Paralogues. They're only available for one playthrough and can't be used again, ever? Because that's how I'm understanding it...

If so, that's kind of a slap in the face for those who want to use those Spotpass characters over and over, lol.
I'm pretty sure you can play the chapter again on a new playthrough, like with Renown rewards you should just need to go to the wireless menu and unlock it.

But none was released this Thursday, right? That, or my internet is trolling me.
This Thursday was EXPonential Growths, the pack accidentally released it a week early but it just showed up as an individual purchase.

We still had spotpass, Shadow Dragon characters and Paralogue 19

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm not quite finished grinding for max Stats/skills yet, but here are the 5 units I'd consider my best:

Raziek is being prepped for Demon Fighter (I have Axefaire which I forgot to re-equip, and I'm getting Sol currently).
Inigo is pretty set, just might mess around with grinding out a skill to replace Luna. Maybe Lethality/Pass.
Nah will have a short stint as a Griffon Rider to grab Deliverer (replacing Aptitude), and Patience will be swapped for a breaker skill. Max Luck + Armsthrift will have her using all the best weapons once I get her to A in Axes.
Morgan is virtually invincible as it is, using the Wrath + Vantage + Armsthrift + Vengeance combo w/ Forged Aversa's Night (That'd be Naglfar, in the photo). Need to get the rest of her stats topped off and she's done.
Severa is just a matter of capping out what's left of her stats.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
asdf

Aleate's team is trolling me right now. I had Kjelle paired with Owain to take an attack from Olivia on the first enemy phase...who would have done no damage, but she had a Brave Sword and Lethality, which she activated with 10% activation. Owain support blocked it like a boss...only to have Olivia activate Lethality AGAIN to KO Kjelle. Then, because she had Galeforce, she was able to kill my Lucina (who had just survived an onslaught of Brave Sword/Astra BS from her counterpart thanks to Pavise and KOed her back with a meaty Aether and some help from Noire) with a THIRD activation of Lethality. -.-

zyth

Smash Lord
o man. the golden gaffe dlc map gives you sooooooooooooooo much gold. easiliy gives you at least 150k. no worries for money after that. and there is an xp map. if you want to easily get levels and money get those.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
This game is more difficult than I thought it would be.

Virion and Miriel carried hard the first 12 or so chapters, but since then, one or both have been dying every chapter -.-

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Lost Bloodlines 1 is crazy hard unless you have a few promoted units.

I can't wait until Lost Bloodlines 3 gets released.

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
imo virion and miriel are pretty awful, i only used virion to support sully cause i thought the support convos were funny.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Miriel isn't too bad but you kinda want to not make her a dark mage when you want to get tomefaire from the sage route. Not class changing to another base class slows you down soo much unless you have super level ups al the way up to level 20

Although for practical purposes if you can forgo the whole tomefaire skill till endgame. Make her a dark mage to sorcerer to sage to sage/sorcerer

Archers suxor. 1 range bow plox. They do have good pair bonuses though.. Nothing compared to a berserker's +10 str +8 speed

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So I went ahead and finished my first run after 86 hours of play time and getting my characters to the point where my perfectionist OCD was satisfied with it.

Gold: Olivia
Silver: Raziek (MU)
Bronze: Nah

I stand by my initial impressions that this is the best Fire Emblem (that I have played, haven't played 2/4/5) currently existing.

Unbelievably well-polished game.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah definitely the best and most polished FE game so far which is saying something since Rekka no Ken and Path of Radiance set up a pretty high bar.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
From what I know from Awakening, it seems that this FE takes character customization to a whole new level.

I'm looking forward for this game very much. My first FE was Radiant Dawn, which was quite challenging, but had character availability issues that I didn't like very much. Liked the idea of having several different armies to play (Daein, Crimea and Greil Mercenaries) before converging.

Nintendo of Europe and the European retailers better not screw up with the release like what happened in NA.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Owain was my most used second gen unit. It helped that both his parents were strong members of my team, so he inherited good stats as well as Galeforce(Lancebreaker too, which was nice to have on a Swordmaster) so he was usable from the start.

Lucina and Morgan were the only other second gen characters I used. Morgan was becoming great towards the end, but the Avatar was doing a better job overall.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kinda getting bored waiting for new spotpass and DLC, am mostly just working on reclassing units in order to get skills.

Also this probably needs testing, but I may have discovered that if you use a Rift Door on Origin Peak it summons an Anna with 3 random Stat Boosts (stuff like the Seraph Robe) for sale. Let me know if this works for someone else or if I just got really really lucky twice in a row.

EDIT: Nevermind, I feel dumb for not noticing this on the SF site.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
By the end of the game my street pass team ended up being almost entirely children, cause I min-maxed the **** out of them.

My 10 for Street Pass:

Raziek (MyUnit)
Olivia
Chrom
Severa
Inigo
Lucina
Morgan
Noire
Nah
Lissa (Healbot)

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Oh god I just realized I've been training 8 for my street pass team rather than 10...
who to chose who to chose...
my current are
Chrom - Great Lord
Sumia - Falcon Knight (acting healer)
Gaius - Assassin
Ruarik - Me, Grandmaster
Inigo - Bow knight
Severa - Hero
Morgan - Grandmaster
Stahl - Paladin

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I use him as my second healer because I either reclassify all of my other ones to not be healers or just didn't train them. Except for Lissa.

zyth

Smash Lord
so i tried to get Lyn today and decided to send stahl in to fight her. I had paired stahl up with cordelia(cuz they make beautiful music together) and lyn activated Astra. I thought i was ****ed till cordelia blocked all five hits. Pairing up units is too op

nessokman

Smash Lord
Fredrick and the main characters support! On the one where you get A, he says my body is ready

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm using Libra as my only decent Bolt Axe user, b/c why not. I'm also using him as one of two magic walls, along with Maribelle.

I'm liking the special conversations the characters have with DLC past-hero characters more and more. Henry asking Dierdre if she wants to go out with him and go grave robbing is my favorite so far.

Top Bottom