• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
No problem. The games that don't have post-game content usually let you save after beating the last chapter (Path of Radiance comes to mind). However, I think Sacred Stones let you save because it made sense for the game to let you continue to fight Skirmishes after clearing the story.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
can you just go on streetpass and find random close by people? Cause i don't think i'll ever get to streetpass otherwise. Feels like GBC/GBA days all over again where I play alone

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I stopped paying attention to spotpass characters after I got Mia.

But yeah, you're supposed to get a new character 24 hours after the last one. Try updating your bonus box, it hasn't worked perfectly for me though, worst case you just need to wait for a new spotpass team to come out and it will add all previous characters.

zyth

Smash Lord
btw Owain is hilarious. I went to by a sword for him and he says "Get me something mighty! Something...LEGENDARY!" He talks like hes in an anime all the time lmfao

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
One thing this game needs is specific pair up conversations. Kinda don't like it when Chrom goes "thanks friend" to his wife since that sounds unrealistic. So I guess i'm looking for special conversations between two units with S rank. It'd also be nice to see parent/child interaction during pair up battles, at least mother/child, Chrom/Lucina, and MyUnit/Morgan combinations. Not that i'm complaining, its just stuff like this usually makes replaying the game with different combinations more fun in its own unique way. heck they should have special conversations for when they are supporting an unarmed/staff wielding unit. Like "Well damn, didn't see this coming" for MyUnit. That'd pretty much sum up how most of us would be feeling unless it was intentional xD

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Am I supposed to have more than Sothe and Black Knight? o_O'.
I don't have Sothe or Black Knight, but I do have a bunch of them. Does that mean I can't get them?

Did I miss the day they came out?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
No, the Radiant Dawn pack was released a few days ago; the game just only gives them to you at random, one at a time, over 24-hour intervals. They should technically already be loaded onto your game, they just haven't been "released" to you yet. Once the next pack of characters gets released, all of the Radiant Dawn characters will be released right away, regardless of what you've unlocked.

Each pack is 10 characters by the way.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm enjoying the Spotpass teams, if only because I like seeing the artwork. Brings back waves of nostalgia.

Would have liked to see some characters over others, though. Go away Zihark, no one likes you. You took Tanith or Devdan's spot, didn't you. >=(

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Zihark > Tanith and Devdan combined. To be fair though, that probably wouldn't be true if Devdan actually had access to his native Halberdier class. Seeing Nephenee trapped in a Knight class is painful. :x

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
So a few quick questions:
Paladin vs. Great Knight?
Great Knight vs. General?
Swordmaster vs. Assassin?
Assassin vs. Trickster?
Beserker vs. Warrior?
Warrior vs. Hero?
Hero vs. Bow Knight?
Bow Knight vs. Sniper?
Falcon Knight vs. Dark Flier? (I can guess this one lol)
Wyvern Lord vs. Griffon Rider?
Sorcerer vs. Dark Knight?
Dark Knight vs. Sage?
Sage vs. War Monk/War Cleric?
War Cleric vs Valkyrie?

And while we're at it, what are the best base classes?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Great Knight has better level 5 skill over Paladin/General and can use all 3 melee weapons. Tbh small edge to Great Knight during the game. General/Paladin 15 skills are great for tanking so they have an edge for endgame stuff

Swordmaster > Assassin, astra > lethality. pass is really useful with galeforce but thats it (or for spotpass teams to prevent people from blocking off your squishies) bows aren't that great to warrent it over swordfaire. Though you CAN go swordmaster to assassin after you learn astra/swordfaire

Trickster is a gimmick class. Am curious to try it out someday.

Berserker has high speed so thats why they beat warriors. Plus bersekers have crit related skills which is nice. Counter is awesome for spotpass for making people forced to attack at ranged but its not that big of a deal if they are paying attention to who has it.

Mercenary/Heros are the most broken class in the game. Armsthrift and sol can single handlely solo maps with a single pair. Fighter > hero not as good though... :/ Vaike can go barbarian where he is better off anyways. Also never touched bow knight for now.. Heros Op

Sniper can use longbows. Bow knights have more move. Pick what you want, tbh longbow gimmick > bow knight

Dark flier isn't a good class (since its hybrid and there are only 2 good hybrid units, MyUnit and Morgan) but galeforce is pretty much the most overhyped skill in the game. (Yes it lets you 1-2 turn kill boss chapters, but thats it) falconknight will be stronger with lances. A magic heavy dark flier after being a sage is doable though. Best fliers are griffin knights :/ which btw you have 13 units who can become griffen knights. (Not including the 3 children and half the spotpass characters)

Griffen rider > wyvern lord. +2 movement skill is awesome. Also believe you get lancebreaker in this one.

Haven't touched magic :| sages are just healers for me. All dark mages have no other magic base class to change too..

War cleric is a bad hybrid gimmick class. Renewal is pretty much the only reason you go that class.

Valkyrie is a mounted sage with less magic. Given how 30 magic lets you resuce/physic from anywhere on the map... (Pretty much) you don't need extra movement to reach people..

Best base class: Mercenary, myrmidon, barbarian, tactician (50% more exp is OP)

Axe = dark magic >= amatsu (1-2 range sword) > lance > magic > sword > bow as defensive weapons so keep that in mind when picking classes. brave weapons are infinite so you can give everyone one. Dark magic is pretty awesome despite the bad base sets they came with :/

I miss hitting people with staffs.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's going to depend on a lot of things.

Paladin/General vs. Great Knight, Great Knight has three weapon types but both of the other class's weaknesses, I personally like the other classes skills. I don't know if you really ever need all three weapons but I guess it would be nice to have, my Kellam has the General's skills and is now a Great Knight, mostly for the extra movement, and his def is so high that he doesn't need to worry about anything that isn't magic.

Swordmaster vs. Assassin, for the main game I would take Swordmaster over Assassin because Astra's skill/2 >>>> Lethality's skill/4. Pass could be nice though as well as bows, so you could probably make an Assassin work easily enough. Postgame, Swordmaster has better Mag, Def, and Res caps, Assassin has better Str and Skl, Assassin would probably be better because of the added bows.

Assassin vs. Trickster, depends on if you want the character to be healing.

Wyvern Lord vs. Griffon Rider, Wyvern Lord has lances which is nice, but Griffon Rider has Deliverer which is really nice to have. Their Breaker skills are great to pass on to other classes, Wyvern Lord can make better use of its Swordbreaker though.

Sorcerer vs. Dark Knight, Dark magic is apparently stupidly good in this game, so probably Sorcerer.

War Cleric/Monk will need good Str and Mag, so most magic based characters would probably want tomes over axes.

There's a lot of classes I haven't really used, I'm so sad that I didn't use a Hero, they are usually one of my favorite classes, but no one started off strong enough to make it onto my team. :(

Edit: I'm going to disagree with Ussi on Falcon Knight vs. Dark Flier, Galeforce is always useful, being able to take out two enemies with one character in a game where your army's size is always going to be cut almost in half at the start is always useful. Flying magic is also amazing and there are enough other physical based classes out there when magic is so good, unless the character doesn't have good magic(like Cordelia) I would always choose Dark Flier.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You see the 2 pegasus knights you get are Sumia and Cordelia.. Sumia is terrible and Cordelia never gains magic so there's that. I did say if you focus on magic for dark flier then its ok. Falconknights at least can use their magic (even if terrible) to resuce. There is only 1 good magic using dark flier in the game that ISN'T MyUnit/Morgan/Aversa and that's Maribella. And Maribella will never use lances with her non-existence strength, so dark flier isn't being used to its full hybrid potential. You could argue Nah, Norie, and Kjelle being a good dark flier (requires Donnel x Nowi/Sully since Donnel will let female children become pegasus knights).

Lissa is bad because you can't make her a pegasus knight to raise her to dark flier since she has no strength. Which means she's stuck as a heal bot until she's a sage till level 15 to change to dark flier. If you want to grind it out then fine.. but it'll take to long compared to Maribella who just has to rush level 10 and become a mage immediately.

Falconknights are just outclassed by other classes which is why you should never use them. But when comparing going to falconknight over dark flier, then falconknight is better for all but the one magic user who can become a dark flier (in a reasonable fashion not like Lissa lol). Which is probably why you disagree with me since I argued a dumb point. Dark fliers are actually useful to the team, falcon knights are meh, you can always use a better class from the class set given to all characters.

MyUnit - broken character, can be whatever she wants
Lissa - no reliable way to get to dark flier without rescue/staff abuse.. maybe if paragon is given to her at chapter 4 from dlc
Sumia - trash unit
Maribella - good magic only dark flier, shouldn't care to pass galeforce on to Brady cause he suxors and just focus on herself (or at least shouldn't care to get Brady earlier)
Cordelia - no magic, heros are broken. Dark flier rush is only to abandon her later on after passing galeforce to Severa so she doesn't have to do it
Olivia - -_-
Say'ri - Not good magic growth, just keep her with swords
Morgan - see MyUnit
Cynthia - SumiaxHenry (Or MyUnit..), even then only 40% magic growth. Lol at using anyone other than Henry (or MyUnit..) since no one else will pass magic to Cynthia
Kjelle - requires grinding Donnel S support with Sully. Can always trash Donnel afterwards and stick with Kjelle/Sully pair but Donnel x Sully won't pass much magic to Kjelle who won't have much magic either.
Nah - See Kjelle, better magic start than Kjelle
Noire - See Kjelle, probably the best bet for children given her mother will give her a good amount of magic.
Severa - see Cordelia

Kjelle, Nah, and Noire require Donnel as aptitude will boost their magic growth over 50%

So yea dark fliers ok class, not many good at being them.. seriously only sought out for gale force.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
For me, it's a question for what stat caps I want since Second Seals exist and you can get pretty much all the skills. But here's something funny to imagine: Two paired mounted units with Deliverer + Movement+1 + Galeforce. Seems funny to me to move around a lot in one turn.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For all those who have played Fire Emblem, the secret of how tomes are depleted is revealed at last.

[collapse="Click to see the image"]
[/collapse]

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are Heroes that good if you've already been every class for every character and have every ability for them?

My guys have max stats and all the abilities from every class they can be, so all I have to do is figure out their final classes

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
If you have reached the cap for most stats and you want to Sol tank then depending on the character they may have another class with better caps. You may want to compare what weapons the class can get as well.

A Sorcerer can do the same thing a Sol Hero can do, but doesn't have to rely on Sol activating thanks to Nosferatu or Aversa's Night(but you want Armsthrift for that one because you can't buy it iirc). I personally think a Sorcerer would be better at the job.

Ussi, I see what you are saying, and agree that characters that really take advantage of the Dark Flier class are hard to get. Though I do disagree on getting Lissa there being unreasonable, at least on hard mode, it will take some work yes, but babying a character has never been easier(well, I guess not counting BEXP), class change to Pegasus Knight and pair up(someone will like that +spd and res), she will gain some exp from dual attacks and give her some kills when you can. It will not be the most efficient way to play the game, but I did it easily enough with no grinding.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well if you can get it to work without grinding more power to you.

Heros are the best class without grinding until you reach endgame. I guess because Cordelia and Severa are also mercenary/hero so its probably why I overhype them so much xD (those two units are seriously above the rest)

I say mercenary/hero are the best but that's really because of armsthrift and sol. If you pass those 2 skills on to another class, then you are pretty set for that class. The thing is that you're still using the mercenary/hero class which is why I say they are the best. Their skills are so good and easy to get.

For endgame then heros aren't really stand alone most broken. But heros have the best crit animation :>

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Sol is ridiculous, probably the best skill with galeforce. Been playing the game since release, picked up the bundle for the 3DS. Playing on Lunatic, haven't finished it yet though, eighteen chapters in.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I still probably wouldn't recommend the Lissa Pegasus Knight path unless you happen to find a shockstick(I didn't find one), but it can be done! Lissa as a Dark Flier has spoiled me though, flying magic is so fun, I'll probably end up doing this often.

I have been surprised by the Swordmasters, I was worried when I heard they lost their crit bonus but it worked out, Lancebreaker on a swordmaster is cool too.

But Kellam has surprised me the most, physical damage doesn't exist against this guy and I paired him up with Stahl and he doubles almost everything, I don't know if I got RNG blessed or not but he will be on my next team for sure.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Kellam was one unit for me that I originally benched, but after messing around with him when completing skirmishes that were too low level for my main party to get anything out of, I wound up liking him so much that he found a place on my team for a little while late in the game. The same thing happened with Vaike (I took the Fighter -> Barbarian -> Berserker route with him and his offense was insane), though he stayed on my team right up until endgame.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I could never get Kellam to be useful besides a pair up bonus in the beginning. If you want a dark flier, try Maribella after taking her down the sage route (level 15 too for tomefaire). You'll have her as a dark flier around chapter 18/19, earlier if you do some skirmishes (cause like the rewards for saving a merchant can be a brave weapon or stat booster... too good to pass up >_>)

So yea, ranking classes are very hard for this game since it depends on what you are going to be looking at.

For the actually game: Mercenary/Hero pretty much takes the cake. For endgame, you can pass those hero skills around so then it comes down to utility and stat caps. TBH you want speed, which is the number one reason you'd ever want a falconknight since they are the fastest lance users in the game. So falconknights have some endgame potential. Berserker and swordmaster are good, but if you want 1-2 range then the swordmaster HAS TO HAVE MAX LUCK AND ARMSTHRIFT to perma-use amatsu (at least enough that you can always use the hammer staff on it every now and then)

When it comes to heros they are a pretty balanced class. Heros have really good skill, so they are pretty great when you get astra/sol on them. High skill means they'll proc it the most too. Heros have the highest skill for an axe using class which is why I like them.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Am I the only one here who likes Lifetaker? That's a pretty damn good skill and imo a little better than Sol depending on the circumstances.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Sol is a skill% activation rate. pretty much 50% on high skill champs (like heros)

i like to add in astra with it and call it a day.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Berserker and swordmaster are good, but if you want 1-2 range then the swordmaster HAS TO HAVE MAX LUCK AND ARMSTHRIFT to perma-use amatsu (at least enough that you can always use the hammer staff on it every now and then)
Levin Sword. Buy from Eliwood.

Of course you would need some magic. My Avatar, Morgan, and Anna love Levin Swords.

There's Ragnell too, but that's harder to get, and you would still need Armsthrift.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
levin sword requires magic. Only good for hybrid classes dark knights and grandmaster. (And I guess tricksters)

I specifically mentioned swordmasters so that's why i said amatsu.

never ran into ragnell, thought it was a Priam only weapon for some reason xD

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Finished Awakening. Killed the final boss with Aether, so satisfying. :3

Have to say that it's my favorite FE. Sure there's still some things that can be improved on but I enjoyed every minute of it, best music of the series too imo.

I'll probably start focusing on other games now, but the DLC and supports will keep me around, and I will probably start another playthrough sometime, maybe go with no grinding like the first half went or a Lunatic run.

Maribelle got the gold medal in the credits, really didn't expect that. Lon'qu got silver and the Avatar got bronze.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
MyUnit always get gold for me, I abuse him/her so much. Cordelia also gets in my top 3 even if i just galeforce rush her

Top Bottom