• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
its a skill/4% chance so even at best, it would be a 12% chance (48 skill) and if it was on Chrom's male offspring or Lucina reclassed from a level 15 great lord, then 22% chance to proc

It procs with sword and bow, don't see why not for anything else. I mean astra and all the other skills will proc with any weapon, magic astras are lame btw, just them doing two arm movements back and forth. No fancy front flip flare of doom animation.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I need to know something related to story..

I made myunit Chrom's wife.. Sooo i want to know if a certain scene where Lucina confronts MyUnit about something is special during this scene when myunit is Lucina's mother..

i just need to know if you choose "accept Lucina's judgement" is if its special that Lucina can't go through with it when MyUnit is her mother compared to just a compainion and Chrom has to stop it.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
My character had Rightful King and Lethality (21% activation) never worked after 20 or so tries but it did activate for Aversa's Night. Mire also doesn't seem to let dual attacks or any other skill activate (criticals excluded). It's such a shame... I put so much time to get Lethality but I settled for Pavise and Aegis instead.

I have a self-imposed deadline to make a decent team by next Saturday so hopefully I can meet it. It takes so much time just for one character to have a combination of skills I'm happy with.

@Above The dialogue is the same except Lucina will use "mother."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Should I give lucina Luck + 4 or special dance from Olivia?

They are the ONLY 2 abilities Olivia can learn that Lucina can't.

...Special Dance doesn't seem to do anything unless the user has dance...

But, at least she'll have an ability she can't learn.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Neither. Pass a useful ability if you can like astra so Lucina doest have to learn it on her own

If you aren't leveling Olivia, then luck+4 cause no one else can be a dancer

Well... 2nd run..

MyUnit- 245 kills (gold)
Cordelia-143 kills (silver)
Nowi- 141 kills (bronze)
Chrom- 136 kills (lol)

The two i spammed end game:
Morgan- 109 kills
Severa- 118 kills

Gale force lets you finish kill the boss chapters too fast. I think it breaks the game, but that is hard mode (which is too easy.. Seriously wish there was a difficulty between hard and lunatic)

Some final boss tactics:

easiest way to 1 round the final boss is to use a brave weapon with Chrom/Lucina/(Manakete?) paired up and hope they dual strike all 4 times. Or you can slowly whack Grima to death with two forged brave weapons. You'd get 12 attacks off (as each dual strike gets 2 hits when using a brave weapon) each hit will do 8-9 damage (on heros, on berserker i'd imagine even higher) so in theory you'd do around 96 damage if each hit was 8 damage, you didn't miss, dual strike happened all 4 times, and pavise didn't proc.

My last note: lunatic AI is smarter -_-

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
got my 3ds and game finally game is great so far. there were posts earlier complaining about reclassification ruining uniqueness of units.... wdf you have choices

also, defend missions are the funnest i liked: radiant dawns' defense in the crimea castle and then the other where the dawn brigade defend against the greil mercenaries

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
How does Chrom marry Olivia when you get her the chapter Chrom marries right after???

Also, Lonqu x Nowi is such a silly support

they play house for 3 supports then obv you can guess what happens in S

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You just have to make sure Chrom and Olivia fight together/Olivia dances for Chrom during the map. That builds their relationship, and they'll still get married after the chapter assuming Chrom doesn't have a better relationship with another female.

I dunno if it's the same for the others he can marry, but Lissa actually comments on how quickly their "whirlwind relationship" started, seeing as how Chrom met Olivia only 2 years before the marriage/child thing. It's also funny because they get their S support conversation immediately after all the cutscenes with them being married and having a kid.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
If you reclass Olivia does she lose her ability to dance? And if you reclass Nowi, Panne, and/or Pr. Marth (as DLC Lodestar class), can you reclass them back to their original classes once you get them to level 10? And what on earth is the deal with the Lodestar class anyway?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Olivia/Nowi/Nah/Panne/littlebunnyboy can reclass back to their special classes

I know cause i had nowi become a wyvern lord then reclassed her back to manakete to see if she dealt effective damage to Grima. But i got so into the galeforce finishing ended up not doing it :x

Anna's confession is obviously hilarious. Too bad you don't keep it in your support log unless you keep it throught the run

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yes, yes, Prince Marth only class.

I made a sorcerer and why is he so good... Mire<3, Waste, Ruin, and Aversa's Night. Too bad he doesn't have Galeforce :( but does have Armsthrift<3 (which may be my absolute favourite skill).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anna's confession is obviously hilarious. Too bad you don't keep it in your support log unless you keep it throught the run
Can't you keep confessions in your support log if you save onto a separate file? I think it just updates whenever a save happens.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
.... Man i have 3 files... A lunatic run, my current hard run, and my last completed hard run. God dammit the one game where you can have more than 3 files i don't ever need more than 3 files. What were they thinking downgrading to only 3 files

Doesn't matter, i will do an actually run where i marry Anna cause it will be the one run i use her as a combat unit.

Also that moment where you forgot to rearrange your skills and now your Lucina now knows rally magic

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since Fredrick has a lot of involvement in the story (At least appearing the cutscenes and the likes), what happens if he dies? Is there another character that replaces him?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh Armsthrift is broken? I just like the fact I can forge weapons and never have to worry about them breaking. I only have one Mire and I don't want to lose it :p (not that I'm able to forge Mire)

Everybody should get Mire. I probably missed out on a few items, but the Paralogue involving Nah was so easy with Mire that I didn't even need to move anybody and it only took a couple of turns.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
armsthrift is broken for the reason you just said. You never have to worry about your weapons once you reach 40 luck or so. 45 luck and your weapon is pretty much infinite. add rightful king and its 100%

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I have one character with 80% success and still increasing, one stuck at 96%, and three more with 100%. I figured Chrom and Lucina don't need Armsthrift since they already have an infinite usage weapon.

I see it more as convenience than something super useful like Galeforce.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Armsthrift + Brave Weapons/Killer Weapons/other amazing weapon is pretty amazing. I totally intend on having Donny just carry around a bunch of ridiculous weapons so he can wreak havoc.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
^pretty much something galeforce can never do

galeforce IS amazing for fast clearing chapters

but gale force can't let you use OP weapons forever. There are more rout maps than kill boss maps, you only need 2 units with gale force to finish most kill boss chapters in 2-3 turns

2ndly the most effective way to get galeforce requires rushing cordelia to a level 15 dark flier then passing it on to Severa (bonus if you pass to Morgan) (Sumia is too weak to reach 10/15, even then i have to tonic abuse on Cordelia)

How do people effectively get galeforce? Maybe i'm missing something. as it is now, i do challenges sparingly (i basically just do it when they are attacking merchants and there are two risen groups in the area) and i avoid dlc grinding. So far earliest i can see getting gale force without using skirmishes and dlc is around chapter 20 or so.. depending on how many children chapters you use to grind Cordelia

speaking of which i just acquired my Severa who aquired gale force and astra from her parents :D

Also Lonqu is probably the worst unit in the entire game. Donnel at least has a gimmick, Lon'qu is weaker than a pre-promote -_- (both times i used Lon'qu he had lower stats than Say'ri)

I used lon'qu in 2 runs and he's terrible in both, i used Say'ri in one run and not even seriously and she was amazing. (Actually went and reclassed her to assassin when she reached level 15 swordmaster)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i forget he exists. Only reason i never used Ricken is due to his speed and that Miriel has a higher starting base speed despite Ricken's higher base magic. Ricken's speed and magic growths are lower than Miriel's (pretty much the only 2 stats you need on a mage. Anything else is a nice bonus) tbh if Miriel didn't start as a mage, i'd prob like using her. But I like Maribelle the best as a mage.. rushing level 10 then reclassing her to mage gives her more levels before becoming a sage compared to Miriel (I don't want to make her a sorcerer.. cause i want tomb faire not tomb breaker. TBH the breaker skills aren't even that great until ENDGAME)

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Lon'qu has been a mainstay on my team, playing on Hard.

He made a great Wyvern/Griffon Rider, then I made him a Swordmaster after getting Lancebreaker. Now he stays paired up with Owain(who has Galeforce) and they never get hit and kill things with simple Killing Edges. He probably gained some extra exp from when I gave Lissa Galeforce, but he killed everything that got near him during the story so I never needed to do any grinding.

He may not be the best but I can't see him being the worst.
He may have been better overall as a Griffon Rider, but I like my Swordmasters. :/

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Also Lonqu is probably the worst unit in the entire game. Donnel at least has a gimmick, Lon'qu is weaker than a pre-promote -_- (both times i used Lon'qu he had lower stats than Say'ri)
*jaw drops*

Lon'qu was great for me for almost the entirety of the campaign (Classic Hard), and I didn't even need to use any Second Seals or any stat boosters to make him useful. I honestly can't see how somebody who requires as much babying as Donnel does just to not get one-rounded by everything can be more useful than Lon'qu. :x

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I might have been pretty harsh with worst, as he can be used early game and has good pair up bonuses.. i was just ranting since my Lon'qu sucked for the 2 runs i used him. When it comes to wyverns, i like Nowi as my wyvern rider

Tbh i don't like wyvern rider/lords.. Gonna see how i like griffen knight.. Deliverer sounds pretty boss.. Gonna add boots to it as well to see if i get 12 movement.

Lookig at Lon'qu's str growth.. I think i'm spoiled from my first run where Cordelia was getting str and speed every level, and defense every other

Ok i did math. 20/1 Lon'qu on average should gain 8.8 str so he'd be at 14.8 str and +3 for class changing so 17.8 str on average... Say'ri has higher starting defenses and comes at a similiar speed and str.. Yea ok no wonder my Lon'qu sucks i promote everyone at level 13-15

If i want swordmasters, Stahl or Sully will easily do the job.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
its kinda of sad because Cordelia can do the crippingly galeforce rush and still be ok to use.

I have also stopped caring about my early game units.. All my care is to children characters and passing them OP skills to replace their parents I cultivated.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Use Donnel if for no reason other than to create a Super-child.

NAH OF DOOM. Also Cordelia is straight up one of the best units in the game, no question.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Do you guys do team critiques? I put a lot of time into my team so I don't disappoint Firefly on Saturday :(

Yeah I used Donnel to pass his Aptitude skill to Inigo. :)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Nah (that Aptitude) and Severa are my two strongest children units at the moment. I didn't get galeforce for Gerome, so he's just ok. Laurent seems kinda weak right now. Either I got screwed by RNG or unless the current stats of the parents affect the child greatly.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
High five for Aptitude Nah, Minato!

Current stats do indeed affect the children.

I'll gladly do a team critique, Aleate.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay. Firefly avert your eyes!

Stats will go like this HP/Str/Mag/Skill/Spd/Lck/Def/Res. I also sacrificed a lot of my sleep time to prepare for Saturday, haha. All relevant weapon levels are at A. I also probably should have read a guide...

1) Chrom (Paladin): Planning to pair him up with my character to keep her alive.
80/43/12/41/41/46/41/34

Weapons: Exalted Falchion, Armorslayer, Brave Sword, Elixir x2
Skills: Rightful King, Aether, Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+, Aegis

2) My Character (Valkyrie): Planning to have her hide in the back of the stage. Since she's mandatory, I assume her death results in me losing immediately.
80/31/41(+5)/42/43/42/32/45

Weapons: Valflame, Physic, Fortify, Goddess Staff, Elixir
Skills: Ignis, Galeforce, Aegis, Pavise, Renewal

3) Nah (Manakete)
80/44(+13)/31(+8)/37(+7)/34(+6)/46(+2)/45(+15)/29(+11)

Weapons: Dragonstone+ x2, Elixir x3
Skills: Astra, Armsthrift, Renewal, Sol, All Stats +2

4) Morgan (Sorcerer)
80/33/44/44/42/44/43/44 (All Stats +2)

Weapons: Aversa's Night, Waste, Mire, Ruin, Elixir
Skills: Rightful King, Armsthrift, Aegis, Pavise, All Stats +2

5) Inigo (Assassin)
80/42/19/49/47/49/32/23 (All Stats +2)

Weapons: Brave Sword, Killing Edge, Tyrfing, Elixir x2
Skills: All Stats +2, Armsthrift, Astra, Galeforce, Sol

6) Lucina (Great Lord)
80/43/22/48/46/44/42/28

Weapons: Parallel Falchion, Killing Edge, Brave Sword, Elixir x2
Skills: Rightful King, Aether, Astra, Sol, Galeforce

7) Severa (Falcon Knight)
80/40/30/49/47/39/34/41 (All Stats +2)

Weapons: Brave Lance, Killer Lance, Physic x2, Elixir
Skills: Armsthrift, Renewal, Lifetaker, Galeforce, All Stats +2

8) Olivia (Dancer)
80/30/23/41/41/44(+4)/29/28

Weapons: Killing Edge x2, Brave Sword, Elixir x2
Skills: Luck +4, Galeforce, Special Dance, Lethality, Pass

9) Laurent (Sorcerer)
80/32/46/41/43/45/40/38

Weapons: Nosferatu, Aversa's Night, Ruin, Rexcalibur, Elixir
Skills: Counter, Lethality, Lifetaker, Sol, Movement +1

10) Brady (Sage)
80/27/51/45/43/50/28/43 (All Stats +2)

Weapons: Rexcalibur, Physic x2, Fortify, Elixir
Skills: Miracle, Lifetaker, All Stats +2, Healtouch, Renewal

Well there you have it. It took a while to type and I hope I spurred some ideas for your own characters as well. :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Donnel and Lon'qu are my most used characters in every run...

I usually pair Lon'qu with Panne

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ok, so just in the event you weren't aware, you can't straight up fight each other. I assume you're planning on fighting each other's street pass teams, in which case you have no control over things. (With regards to hiding in the back & pairing up)

As for the actual units:

Chrom looks solid.
For your avatar, Valflame's not bad. I'd also consider Celica's Gale or a Superior Bolt, if you know his team composition involves mages much.
Nah's skills look fine. Not sure who her parents were, so can't comment too much on it.
Morgan and Inigo both look fine. Though there are better options than All stats +2. Vantage might be considered here.
Galeforce in general is unecessary for these battles. If someone dies, he's going to reset anyway. Moot point.
Lifetaker for the same reason.

You're going to want more people with Vantage and/or Counter. Since these are street pass battles, his goal is to eliminate your team without losing a unit.

Top Bottom