• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
The designs are amazing, especially on the females and Chrom. This artist and the one from 4+ are so good.

My only gripe is the character creation, particularly in the hair department. I've been spoiled by other games with in-depth CC so I just feel a tad bit disappointed. Nothing to deter me from the game, anyway.

And yeah, dat Tharja.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The designs are amazing, especially on the females and Chrom. This artist and the one from 4+ are so good.
The artist for 4 also did 3, but he didn't do any of the other illustrations for the main games onwards. I think 5 has a different artist that 4's, but I'm not entirely sure.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The black knight is a pretty amazing plot twist in radiant dawn. Also so was Renning being Betram. FE10 had a really nice story.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sometimes I wish I could have the enemies on my team because some of their units have awesome designs

Though the general having a beetle head...I could go either way with I guess

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
The black knight is a pretty amazing plot twist in radiant dawn. Also so was Renning being Betram. FE10 had a really nice story.
FE10 was kinda eh for me. Personally, I liked FE9 more. Yeah, there were some pretty good story elements here and there in the series, but in general, they are kind of lackluster.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
4 and 5 were my favorites for story. 9 was good too with how far I got.
Sadly haven't gotten far/played the GBA games. I will though, I'm just bent on buying a physical copy.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The story isn't too bad, without writing a paragraph, I just found it underwhelming in a lot of ways, and confusing at some points. Honestly I want a prequel staring Marth fighting Grima now. lol

The Tellius series currently has my favorite storyline, I also enjoyed FE2 and 3 stories (didn't like FE1), forgiving the limitations back then. The GBA games had okay stories, though the big achievement I'd give to them was the addition of support conversations. Haven't played FE4/5 yet, but from what I've heard they're a lot darker than the other games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How do you determine which abilities the mother/ father transfer to children. And at what point is it determined?

Is it the last abilities they get/ have before going to level where you get the child?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
How do you determine which abilities the mother/ father transfer to children. And at what point is it determined?

Is it the last abilities they get/ have before going to level where you get the child?
Yup, fifth/last skill equipped when going into the paralogue.

BTW, anyone know how to get more spotpass missions against the older FE cast?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/children.html
last active skill from both father/mother before you start the child's mission.

edit: oh, still a good site to link though :p

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yea there is a reason we can reorder skills in the skill menu. It isn't for OCD people, but for letting you choose the skill you pass on.

From what i can see, i have a level 9 dark flier cordelia at chapter 16.. I guess the trade off for bad exp gain can be worth it for making Severa get galeforce. I'd say better when you pair MU with Cordelia that way you have Severa + Morgon for a pair up gale force team.

Yea Cordelia is most OP character (besides MU whose exp gain skill is beyond broken) cause she can gale force skill pass on and can become the broken hero class.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to have my female avatar marry a child with galeforce, so I can pass down 2 female abilities to male Morgan

Probably going to be Yarne so I can pass down Taguel as well

Edit: Eh, it doesn't look like he passes down Taguel to Morgan...? Does he?

Edit Edit: He CAN, but Yarne can't get Galeforce...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Panne can't become a pegasus knight

MyUnit can be female and pass off 2 galeforces as it is (that is, if you can get her to level 15 dark flier before starting chapter 13), but gale force passing makes the parent much weaker when you rush for galeforce tbh. Though in the case of MyUnit, it IS possible to just focus all the kills onto her to get galeforce due to her veteran skill (using the renown second seal to change her to a peg knight at like chapter 2-3) which then lets you get MyUnit to get gale force pretty fast and MyUnit can pretty much solo the game so it's fine.

I still will stand by my base class > another base class > promoted class being the better for having a stronger unit. galeforce works best for boss rushing otherwise for rout, a simple hero with a short axe/tomahawk or berserker/warrior/great knight with a hand axe can wipe a whole group clean (can also go javelin with great knight). Heck you can also go dark mage nosferatu spam since nosferatu sells in a shop

Yea i know boss rushing is pretty much the idea for chapters 20+ which is what makes gale force good. But the unit with gale force needs to be able to one shot the enemy which is why gale force rushing is really only good for passing it on to children imo

also, whenever I use Henry and Tharja.. they don't gain speed for me.. how are they even good?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You must have bad luck.

I highly recommend trying out Berzerker Henry. I took him to 20 Dark Mage, then reclassed to a Barbarian and he's a merciless killing machine.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So I'm considering purchasing this; a friend is loaning me his 3DS if I do decide to get it.

What is the whole reclassing business? I briefly noted it on the FEWiki but didn't go into much detail.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Basically, at level 10, you can use a Second Seal to change the class of your current unit. Most characters can go from a Base Class into one of two other base classes. For example, Chrom starts as a Lord. If you get him to level 10, you can Second Seal him and change him to either a Cavalier or an Archer. This changes his base stats and growths around, and resets your level to 1. You can then relevel to 10, second seal to another class, or Master seal to a promoted class. Using a second seal on a promoted unit allows you to switch classes to any of the promoted classes open to that character, or one of the base classes.

Class changing lets you gain more levels, get more skills, and it can help you level up faster, since it resets your level to 1. However, the game does keep track of your internal levels, which are basically the total levels you've gained. These do affect how much experience you gain (by reducing it), although the game seems to be biased more towards giving experience based on the displayed level.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Short version:

When you get to level 10 unpromoted, you can use a Second Seal (2500g) to reclass to Level 1 in another class, which varies depending on which character you are reclassing. (Most characters have 3 lines, children get more since they inherit from their parents. Tactician gets everything except beast classes)

Additionally, if you reclass above level 15 (promoted), you can reclass to a Level 1 Promoted Class.

For example, a Level 15 Falcon Knight Cordelia can reclass directly to a Level 1 Dark Flier, without having to Level back up to 10 and use a Master Seal as a Pegasus Knight.

Benefits of reclassing include:

- Being a different class (duh)
- Getting to learn additional skills from that class
- Extra levels to gain stats

The EXP gained by a reclassed unit seems to prorate the more you reclass them, but I'm not sure how much yet. I think the game probably stores an internal "level" value of some kind. My Level 7 Dark Flier Nah (Reclassed immediately to Peg, then Falco) gains more EXP than my Level 2 Dark Flier Olivia (Leveled to 15 Dancer, reclassed to Myrm, Leveled to 10, reclassed to Peg, Leveled to 14ish, promoted to Dark Flier) does from the same enemy, despite being a lower displayed level.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hm. Sounds tricky. Since I haven't touched the console variants in a while the skills will probably get me the most since I've been in traditional Fire Emblem since first exposure. New classes, too.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
By the way, what's the deal with Nowi and Panne? Is it not possible at all to reclass/upgrade them? Do I just level them up to oblivion?

And if I leveled up a character to lvl 15 (after using Master Seal) is it recommended to use a Second Seal and reclass the unit?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
you can reclass at level 10 promoted to a level 1 promoted

the reason you go to level 15 is to get the skill. Otherwise if you don't have plans to use the level 15 skill then reclass at 10

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I reclass to wyvern rider to lord then back to manakete

Also this game really likes to have coinendences with me. I reclass henry to barbarian. Then i do Cordelia x Henry S support

Cordelia: what you doing with a battle axe?

Henry: trying to be more manly!

Edit: how do i spoiler? Oh collapse lol

Moments like these make me wish some supports depended on your class

Also i hope children don't have the same support with the other parent.. (Mainly cause I don't see Henry being the type to care about.. Spoiling Severa)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The moment where your Maribella who was just a decidcated healer seeing combat for the first time... crits 5 times in a row and upon level up gets a perfect level up

I think she's a keeper

Also, rightful king + armsthrift at 45 luck = infinite use of weapon yea? .. My Morgan 32 luck atm so just a 72% chance is nice already xD

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's Thursday, which means DLC!

Exponential growths is out now, so if you bought the pack then it will update with this chapter, I didn't see it as an individual purchase when I looked at the shop though. Not bad, against strong enemies I can get about one level up each kill, I'm mainly using it for my underused characters so internal levels haven't been a factor. Also, watch out for Counter.

Lost Bloodlines 1 and the pack is also out. Lost Bloodlines 1 will give you Leif and is $3.00, the pack is $6.00. The next two will be Alm and Seliph(Celice), you will also get the Demon Fighter class(JP name) and the Paragon skill respectively.

And there's FE10 spotpass characters as well.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That pack certainly is a much better deal seeing as the DLC is now $3. I'll probably get it as soon as the Alm map comes out, I loved Gaiden.

Been recruiting a lot of the spotpass characters, just found out that you can only recruit a certain amount at a time, this includes DLC characters taking up those spots. :(

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
How much DLC will there be/how much did Japan get?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Been buying every DLC that's been coming out, and I wish they'd put more effort into these, but oh well. I expected the EXP and money one to be like they were, but Champions of Yore was underwhelming. Will probably start Lost Bloodlines tonight.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I feel dirty.

On one hand, all the mothers that need it now have Galeforce to pass down.

On the other hand..... that took like no effort at all.

Not gonna use EXPonential Growth once I'm finished prepping skills to pass down. Children will be home-grown.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
DLC chapters are the new arena like i said. So its never fulfilling in a serious run. I understand grinding to skill pass gale force.. I gave in to that temptation...

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I have a bunch of money on the 3DS shop from gifts, so I'm buying everything.

The DLC could have been better imo, it would have been nice for the characters you buy to have their own custom model(though FE games are full of generic sprites/models, so meh) and I would have liked for each chapter to have its own legacy map instead of the all the chapters in a set for the first series sharing the same one. I can certainly understand if someone wanted to pass them up.

CoY probably will not really be worth playing outside of the early game in a new run, at least we will now start getting two new classes and some great skills.

And then eventually we will get The Strongest One's Name to give us a reason to max out our characters.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
CoY is really just a crutch to grind for those who can't handle hard/lunatic or in a not a LTC run and want to rush a particular skill or to level 10 to class change. Tbh i will use dlc just to hurry up a level or two if i have the children chapter open and i want to reach a certain skill first

Also there is that one dlc map that makes it easy to get renown right? Or what that a different mechanic..

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Doubt it, though that would be pretty harsh since Lunatic will cause a lot of rage.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I don't understand the logic of the AI in this game..

CLEARLY they could have killed one of my units but instead they go after a different unit...

I feel like the AI is tryin to make me gain less exp too by targettin my good high level units on purpose...

Also... Instead of doing a pegasus knoght run... I did a hero run..

Heros so far: Cordelia, Severa, Morgan, Nah, Lucina

Potenial future heros: MyUnit, Vaike, Kjelle, maaaybe Gregor (want to bench him)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They seem to go after my weakened units.

They especially target units with little health. Archers and Cleric especially. They also go after the mages, though that doesn't always work out as well, because they at least can fight back

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think after my Say'ri dodged two lethal attacks that had a 60% chance of hitting, the AI was like "i'll just go for this one instead.. Who is a great knight... Equiped with a lance... And won't take much damage"

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hi! I'm looking to clarify something if anybody can help...

Does Lethality worth with magic? It has yet to work/activate after many tries. I was hoping I could combine Lethality with Mire...

Also, my character has pretty decent speed. Is Mire not allowed to attack twice?

Top Bottom