• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Once you pass chapter
, you recruit your first child, and from that point on, you can recruit children as soon as their parents marry, after beating the sidequest.

Each character is only allowed one S-rank. *no polygamy*
Awesome, thanks. That helped clear things up.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Delta I don't think you comprehend just how ridiculous Lunatic and Lunatic+ are.

You'll NEED that kind of "broken" stuff just to SURVIVE.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Oh, I haven't touched them yet, but I can imagine. I got the feel just from Hard that the game was balanced/designed around keeping good formations for pair/adjacent bonuses.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Without getting spoilered the crap out of since I'm new to Fire Emblem (And got the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle, coolest looking 3DS by far by the way) Anyone have tips on who to save and who to kill? I hear that's a big part of how the Fire Emblem stories turn out, so I dont want to shaft myself just because I want to kill everyone.
Kill your 3DS bundle. They're already selling for $300 on EBay. Sell it and by a used one.

Holy **** support chaining is gonna be broken.
It physically cannot be broken enough.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Have you not been pairing people up? I'm early in the game and I already have 3 people married just because they fought near eachother and stuff

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
I'm having some issues with the game. I'm on chapter 6, and I only have a few capable units such as chrom,sully,stahl, sumia and MU. I wanna train vaike and virion and a few others but I wanna know if its worth it. For example I need a good axefighter but is Vaike the good choice?

:phone:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
So, I know Dark Flier is OP, but should I make both Sumia and Cordelia the same class?
I personally kept Cordelia away from Dark Flier just because it doesn't suit her insane Str growth. I have her as a Falcon Knight right now, which has a higher Str cap and gives her Lancefaire, which is +5 Str when equipped with a lance. I figure there are probably others who are better suited to Dark Flier.

I'm having some issues with the game. I'm on chapter 6, and I only have a few capable units such as chrom,sully,stahl, sumia and MU. I wanna train vaike and virion and a few others but I wanna know if its worth it. For example I need a good axefighter but is Vaike the good choice?

:phone:
I think pretty much any character can be worth it if you train them enough. I didn't really use Vaike or Virion in my main party, but I raised them through skirmishes after reclassing them to Barbarian and Wyvern Rider, and they both seem pretty strong. I brought Vaike along one of the Paralogues and he was OHKOing enemy Sages as a level 1 Berserker. :x

:005:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Want to reclass Virion.

I haven't used him at all pretty much. Welp.

I personally kept Cordelia away from Dark Flier just because it doesn't suit her insane Str growth. I have her as a Falcon Knight right now, which has a higher Str cap and gives her Lancefaire, which is +5 Str when equipped with a lance. I figure there are probably others who are better suited to Dark Flier.
Ah, coolio.

Good to know, thanks! :3

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I want the Galeforce skill on everyone I can get it on. So everyone that can become a Dark Flier will.

I made Lissa a Pegasus Knight, and she's probably the worst of the three. :(

But I need to pass that skill on, so I must go through this, it may turn out better once she becomes a Dark Flier anyways.

I also made Lon'qu a Wyvern Rider and he's destroying everything. :3

I wish I could find more Second Seals, but I know I can't start buying them until after chapter 16(unless Anna has one), so I guess I will have to just start promoting some units.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Well I got my 3ds, but every store in the city is sold out of the game. Would prefer a physical copy of the game, so I'm gonna try one store tomorrow. Won't be able to play tonight anyhow.

Here is the trick to Lunatic near late game. Get the My Unit and Krom to nosferatu tank. Pair up and stuff and that is all you need to beat it. Them flying solo. Its sort of funny actually.

Also, is lunatic at all comparable to H2 or H3 in FE12?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Have you not been pairing people up? I'm early in the game and I already have 3 people married just because they fought near eachother and stuff
Well I didn't really pay attention to it and my primary objective for each game was to level everyone up, get the treasures, land on the sparkling spaces, and beat the level. The most effective way to do this is to not pair them up, which is pretty much what I've been doing.

But then I remembered you can play the DLC chapters as many times as you want. Welp.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Well I got my 3ds, but every store in the city is sold out of the game. Would prefer a physical copy of the game, so I'm gonna try one store tomorrow. Won't be able to play tonight anyhow.
apparently nintendo didn't account for the demand that this game had and didn't even ship enough copies for pre-orders (the gamestop guy told me this), he said in the next week or so they should have enough copies

i found one copy on amazon earlier for $70...not dishing out that much for a 3ds game

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lon'qu and Panne make an interesting pair.

He avoids her because he's afraid of woman, and she thinks he's racist because he avoids her

Minato

穏やかじゃない
MUs already at level 20. Should I promote? Only asking since I don't know how second seals work and I only have the normal one.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
You should promote imo. Get to level 20 as a Grandmaster or whatever it's called, and then second class.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Isn't there a reclassing system in that game though? Can't you get more levels, experience, and abilities out of switching My Unit around to other classes?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
^Yes, but I think he's saying to just finish the Tactician upgrades (I think that's what Grandmaster is) so that he has a nice pool of skills later? I don't really get how maxing out stats works but I'm pretty sure you can at least do that.

also throwing this out there but the final boss music is amazing. Love games where the final battle has an appropriate soundtrack!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Promote first, unless the class you're promoting to has no good skills.

I didn't like Sniper's or Bow Knight's, so I reclassed Virion immediately.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Promote first, unless the class you're promoting to has no good skills.

I didn't like Sniper's or Bow Knight's, so I reclassed Virion immediately.
I don't like Virion either, so that's a pretty good idea!

I have to get him up to par with my other chars first though, he sucks right now. I haven't used him for the whole game so far~

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Guess I'll promote then. I wasn't sure if the second seals was some alternate promoting path.

I didn't realize that I could reclass for other skills and such too.
Oh well, I need to play more modern FEs lol.

What chapter can you start reclassing anyways?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You can reclass as soon as you get a second seal. I lucked out and got one on street pass at like chapter 3.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Anna sold me a second seal early, and I got one through my renown points. I think you will be able to buy them in a shop after chapter 16.

Also, I believe with how exp and internal levels work, you will gain better exp if you reclass first instead of promoting. So if you want to gain levels quickly reclassing may be a better option. Of course if you really want those promoted class skills then you might as well promote first.

I just finished chapter 11, messed up twice, then I brought in Libra.
War Monk is awesome.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Problem is, if you reclass from a class that you want the promoted skills from. (Say, taking Stahl OFF Cavalier before getting his Pally/Great Knight skills), that means you'll need to re-class back eventually to get them, costing you an extra second seal.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Of course, if you want to keep the character in their starting class line(like say a Swordmaster Lon'qu with Lancebreaker) you will need to use two anyways.

Or if you want an unpromoted skill, like Vantage, Armsthrift, or Despoil, it may be a better idea to get those while you can gain better exp.

Really, I wouldn't say that either option is better than the other overall, it's going to all depend on how you want to build that character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's actually easy to grind XP. Every time I've used the reeking box I've got a bullion, so far. Meaning I'm gaining a 500 gold profit every time. Been grinding away to level people up

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been finding enough weapons so far that the only person who I have to replace theirs is my unit, who I have to buy a new spell book every once in a while.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
And even then, MU can use swords as a backup weapon.

It's fun to pinpoint the references made to other FE games, and Owain seems to be chock full of them. He says "By the juggled axe of
Kieran
!" as an exclamation when he has a B support with Noire. I cracked a smile at that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Should I change Donnel's class? He can be a fighter or Mercenary

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So I'm on chapter 16 and I'm enjoying it. I won't be getting any DLC or be trying to make the children have broken skill/stats this playthrough since hard isn't that difficult.

As much as I love Awakening, it has a lot of weaknesses too that some of your guys may or may not agree with.

Top Bottom