• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I may actually have to reclass after all. Henry can't use Dark Magic now that he's a Dark Knight. :(

Then again, the ability to use both regular swords and Levin Swords efficiently alongside regular magic, and 8 movement, makes him very well rounded. If only he was a bit faster.

:phone:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yo let me tell you all about reclassing Virion to a Wyvern Knight.

Just do it. Real talk.
Already did it. He's underleveled though, so he still isn't part of my main party.

Speaking of which, I just got cheesed so hard by Ch.16's reinforments. A bunch of warriors/heros came in from behind when I was past halfway across the map, which was fine; I just get some of my tankier units lined up to take some blows so I can clear them out. Then, on the NEXT TURN, 4-6 Falcon Knights, spaced at intervals to cover almost the entire parameter of the map, show up, and one of them had BARELY enough speed to double attack Miriel to kill her. >.> I'm pretty salty right now.

:005:

zyth

Smash Lord
so I just realized I can make an army of swordmasters, assasins, and Wyvern lords.

I love this game.

I changed Roy into a Myrmidon at lv 20 he has 18 str, 20 skill 18 spd 14 luck and 9 def. at lv 2

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I believe reclassing was designed so people have more levels to reach their absurdly high stat caps.

Of course it does also take resources from other units to massively invest in class changing so much.

Tbh i think efficiency wise, people are gonna class change just to have 20 more levels to level up. I plan to reclass just once per unit.

If you class change a promoted unit to a non-promoted unit, can the non-promoted unit be changed back to promoted via class change?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yo let me tell you all about reclassing Virion to a Wyvern Knight.

Just do it. Real talk.
I haven't been using Virion, so he will have to wait on reclassing until I'm ready to grind my weaker units.

Right now I'm very happy with Stahl and Kellam teaming up to tank all of the physical attacks.

I may make Lon'qu a Wyvern Rider, then Gryphon Rider because I want Lance Breaker on him when he becomes a Swordmaster.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Do enemy units have class skills? (Like the enemy swordmaster will come with vantage and the enemy breserker has wrath)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Wyverns are weak to Bows again, yes.

Looks like Risen grow stronger if you use Reeking Boxes in the same area over and over. First Box I used in the first level summoned Archers and lower level mages, and now 3 Boxes later, I'm being swarmed by Wyvern Knights.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Nintendo really isn't the dumb one here, its everyone whose going crazy over physical copies when the eshop is right there giving instant access. No driving to pick up, no waiting for shipping, no chance of losing your game cartridge... Yea just a collector thing

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Yeah, I was just joking. But unfortunately I'm those collector types for stuff that really look good. 100% my fault for not preordering and thinking FE wasn't that popular. My GS only had enough for preorders.

I'll get around to the game eventually, though. Once everything has calmed down. Just need to buy a larger SD card, *sigh*

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
A few of the Paralogue chapters have enemies with skills. I saw a few Berserkers with Gamble, and Tricksters with Focus.

Lunatic+ Mode is said to have every enemy come equipped with a skill as well.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Tbh physical copies are gonna fade out soon and everything will be digital. Might as well get used to digital now
I'm not going to go heavy on digital if Nintendo's not changing the way their digital games work.
They need to make a real account system like other consoles first.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
So I just started playing Fire Emblem last week (with Awakening)... A huge fan now xD.

No idea what I'm doing obviously, but yeeah xD. My levels are all over the place, and my classes are poorly chosen and stuff. For the people playing Awakening, who do you all tend to use? Everyone? Just a few specifics? o:. Also, who did you all pair?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The local stores said there is no expected date for shipments of the game.

They just got enough for the preorders 2 weeks late

Edit: Walmart.com is out of order

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I haven't played it yet.
I'm doing my first RD Hard Mode run, and I'm also playing 12 for the first time.
Once those are done, I'm going to special order a 3DS that has a capture card built in so I can record my first run-through of Awakening too.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Leveled up my Gaius, just paired him with a knight for now to help him survive a little better.

So good! :3

The local stores said there is no expected date for shipments of the game.

They just got enough for the preorders 2 weeks late

Edit: Walmart.com is out of order
You know, there's this thing called the eShop~

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
With the limited space on the 3DS, I only want to download certain games

Ones I think i'll play even after sequels come out.

I have never played a strategy game after it's sequel came out, except the RTS Red Alert 2

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'll prob get awakening + 3ds tomorrow but not gonna play it till thursday... Cause once i start i ain't gonna stop for a few days. I have a lot of assignments due this week, don't want to butcher my work

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm actually going to finish up FE12 tonight, so I probably won't play Awakening just yet.

As a side note, no one should look at the cover for the Japanese art book since it shows "Marth" without the mask if you haven't played Awakening.
Then again, it feels like they kinda don't want to keep it a secret. They have wallpapers on the Japanese site and even the US commercial spoils it. lol

Also, I probably won't be buying stuff for awhile besides Soul Hackers. This and finding a copy of Earthbound exhausted my funds.
FE12? Is there an English Rom of that game somewhere? Really want to play it.

Also, Luigi's Mansion 2 also gets a worthy mention.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
So I just started playing Fire Emblem last week (with Awakening)... A huge fan now xD.

No idea what I'm doing obviously, but yeeah xD. My levels are all over the place, and my classes are poorly chosen and stuff. For the people playing Awakening, who do you all tend to use? Everyone? Just a few specifics? o:. Also, who did you all pair?

As somebody who's played through Fire Emblem games dozens of times, I still haven't committed to too many units. The amount of options you have to reclass characters, pair them, etc is making it really hard to converge on a set team, especially with the abundance of sidequests/skirmishes. I want to use everybody. >.>

camerino1

Smash Lord
Usually if you have some sort of attachment to a character when you get them, you'll find a use for them in your team. I've never come across a completely useless unit.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I want to pair everyone with everyone why can't I do that.

Also, I really dislike Miriel but I have to use her because Mages. ffffffffffffffffffffff-

Sumia though <3

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I want to pair everyone with everyone why can't I do that.

Also, I really dislike Miriel but I have to use her because Mages. ffffffffffffffffffffff-

Sumia though <3
You always have Tharja, Ricken, and Henry.

Kinda like Henry and Tharja the best though.

But Tharja is sort of bad compared to the others.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
FE12? Is there an English Rom of that game somewhere? Really want to play it.

Also, Luigi's Mansion 2 also gets a worthy mention.
Yeah, there's a complete patch. And of course, that's all I can say on SWF.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
My Unit also sorta counts.

Blargh. How feasible is grinding throughout the game. I'm trying to avoid it early so I don't run into money issues. Anyone who's further in the game have anything to say about it?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

Really? Tharja has been fantastic for me so far. Made her a Dark Knight, and though she can't use swords effectively yet, her combination of Mag, Spd, Def, and movement makes her a total beast. She quickly became one of my best units.

My Unit also sorta counts.

Blargh. How feasible is grinding throughout the game. I'm trying to avoid it early so I don't run into money issues. Anyone who's further in the game have anything to say about it?
That's more or less what I've been doing, and it's been working out reasonably well so far. I'm on Ch.17, I've recruited 3 children so far, but I haven't been hurting for money or anything yet. Most of the sidequests/skirmishes will give you at least enough money to make up for the weapon uses and other things you might have used. Weapon management can be a pain when you're trying to keep everybody stocked though. >.>

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Leveled up my Gaius, just paired him with a knight for now to help him survive a little better.

So good! :3

Yeah, there's a complete patch. And of course, that's all I can say on SWF.
Well you see, don't forget about this awesome place called Serenes Forest. They have forums and stuff! SO much useful information on all of the games. I've been using them for a reference for yeeeeears.

Ricken's a ****. BENCHED.

Henry & Tharja are godlike. Tharja has fantastic offensive growths and 45 defense on a MAGE. That **** is ridiculous. Freaking Henry has FIFTY defense, he's just slightly weaker offensively.

Like, durable mages? Sign me the **** up.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Personally, I'm enjoying the flying units in this game, they all have pretty great power, and the two falcon knights will double just about everything while still having good defense (and of course great magic resist). My Wyvern knight loses some of the magic resist and speed, but trades that off for even better power and ridiculous defense. The only better unit I have so far is my tactician, who's the best unit I've seen since Ike (and currently the only competent mage on my team).

Paralogue 9 is going to be murder though, with eight snipers which cover each other well, and all of the enemy units are promoted. And of course it doesn't help that the recruitable unit there is a Pegasus who notably weaker than anything else on the map and promptly got 1-shotted by a non archer. I'm just going to have to come back later for that, it's easily the most difficult map I've seen yet.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Currently fighting teams from Spotpass.

I screamed in fright at the sight of Jaffar's Team. Then I cringed when I thought of what this team could look like in Lunatic Mode.

Top Bottom