• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Those FE games with split paths that make me miss some characters are annoying.
And then there is that game where you have to kill off some characters in order to certain characters. :troll:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I want all the people. :<

I found a recruitment guide though, so I got this. It's not like I'm very far in the game, so that's a plus.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
And then there is that game where you have to kill off some characters in order to certain characters. :troll:
Freaking Shadow Dragon...
Don't be complaining unless you're like me having to wait 3 weeks...
Could be worse. At least it's not as bad as Europe's case. Kind of amusing that NA gets it first, but EU got the announcement earlier.

I should be getting mine tomorrow if GS pulls through with the bundle.
Been playing FE12 in the mean time. Wasn't confident in finishing FE5 before Friday.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Teaming Donnel up with Kellam is ridiculous. Donnel gets a +6 Defense boost just by having a C support with him.

I farmed the hell out of him in the DLC chapter beforehand but that could have been good to know. :V

blueyoshi

Smash Rookie
Ahhh Awakening sounds so cool I can't wait to get it... lousy 2-7 day shipping... ;_; I have a question... I want the DLC maps, but before I spend all my money on it, does anyone know if DLCs will still be available on a second playthrough?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
They should be, yeah. I know you can play DLC maps multiple times on a single file, for sure, so I would assume you can play it on other maps as well.

Not really a spoiler if you're familiar with S-supports and all that, but I re-started a chapter because
Chrom married a generic after I beat it. =/

:005:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I had Chrom marry Sumia, because canon paths are great.

I also had Avatar marry Miriel, and Lissa marry Stahl. Working on having Ricken and Maribelle, and Vyke and Cordelia marry. No rhyme or reason for those pairings beyond thinking the pairings looked decent.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I wasn't using any of Chrom's marriage candidates. =/ I went back and built up Chrom's support with Sumia to get a C, but it looks like I don't get to see their B, A, S supports. =/

The only marriage I have now is Sully/Stahl; they worked really well together, so it just kinda happened. I'm also kind of going for Avatar/Cordelia and I'm thinking about pairing Lon'qu/Cherche, but other than that I'm pretty much winging it. I figure just seeing what happens will give me ideas for pairings in future playthroughs.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
My Unit/Cordelia is happening my first run

Also My Unit/children paths sound sooooo hilarious to do.

Older man/woman getting little girls/boys

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
So I got Awakening the other day.

I'msobadatthisgame.jpg If I didn't play on casual mode I swear my protagonist and Chrom would be the only ones alive now.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Got my bundle, game, and art books.

Hopefully Nintendo has Udon or Dark Horse to publish the real FE artbook one day.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm jealous Minato, so jealous.

I'd love to see the real artbook too, I like the art for this game overall. I don't know if Nintendo is willing to give Fire Emblem the Zelda treatment though, but I also didn't think the FE 3DS would make it out of Japan either.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm actually going to finish up FE12 tonight, so I probably won't play Awakening just yet.

As a side note, no one should look at the cover for the Japanese art book since it shows "Marth" without the mask if you haven't played Awakening.
Then again, it feels like they kinda don't want to keep it a secret. They have wallpapers on the Japanese site and even the US commercial spoils it. lol

Also, I probably won't be buying stuff for awhile besides Soul Hackers. This and finding a copy of Earthbound exhausted my funds.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Everyone gets spoiled everything. If they wanted to hide it, would have givb Marth a better disguise than a face mask that only covers the upper part of his head. I think Marth is in it to sell better cause people just think "this game has Marth in it! I wanna buy it!"

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Finally finished all my assignments for this week, and I don't have class next week, so I can pretty much play this game until my eyes bleed if I want to. :smirk:

My Cordelia has 20 strength without any modifiers as a level 20 Pegasus Knight. Pretty sure she's now my favorite Pegasus ever.

Edit: Just used my first Second Seal to change Gaius from a Thief to a Myrmidon. I know have a Myrmidon with 6 movement who can pick locks. Cha-ching~

Another Edit: I read the first ~5 lines of Henry's dialogue and he's already one of my favorite characters. THESE PUNS

Triple Edit (somebody post plz): LOL Gaius just got 2 consecutive criticals, each accompanied by a different candy-themed one-liner. I love this game so much.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Cordelia has a 60% str growth, she even has a +2 str bonus to her str stat cap. She has 60% speed/skill compared to Sumia's 70% but Sumia has 3 str cap less and a lower str growth rate than Cordelia

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lets not forget Cordelia brings us Severa

Sumia still is a better dark flier than Cordelia

And Cordelia isn't really liking staffs :|

Man i hate how Falcoknights have no swords

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I went to my first child recruitment paralogue just now, and it happened to be the one with Severa. I did not anticipate the enemies being that strong. o.0 I'm completely out of my league at this point...

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Alright, I got this, Hard mode Classic!

1% crit from the mage in the prologue...

Welp, this is a great start!

At least my avatar might get a better level up this time. :/

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
And then I realized that technically that could mean the Tactician OR Anna, from Rutger's POV.

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
MyUnit forever in my heart. Also Anna is not in the prologue

I'm going to start on lunatic. Get at me

Inb4icomebackcrying

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just got my pre-ordered copy dropped off to me, they didn't get the art-booklet (:(), I know what I'm going to be doing tonight. :D

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Also Anna is not in the prologue
Unfortunately. :(

Anyways, gonna make Lissa a Pegasus Knight/Dark Flier, need Galeforce on Owain.

Pretty much the only character that I know what I'll be doing with their classes, hopefully I can find a Shockstick by then, because working off of Cleric str will be depressing.

Edit: so, Vaike would be dead now if Frederick had not defended him.

That 4% save! Loving all the new mechanics.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Lissa as a Cleric actually comes up to a respectable 40 strength growth, and her bases will shift slightly towards extra strength when you reclass her.

My first re-class was switching Virion to a Wvyern Knight.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm ignoring class-changing, except for promotions, for the time being. Rather use units in their original classes in my first run. If that means I miss out on skills, so be it.

The ability to call Risen at will on any map makes achieving Supports a breeze. Also makes a fantastic means for leveling up. I've gotten loads of units at 20/XX at this point. Buying Master Seals at the port town makes it even better.

Currently have Owain, working on getting Cynthia right now. Best characters are Gregor, Henry, and Tharja, by far.

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That feel when you are about finish a chapter and forgot to bring a thief to loot chests.. And that fortify staff is not something to forgo......

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yo, is it worth it to level up Gaius?

He's pretty underpowered compared to the rest of my units.
Yes.

His offensive growths are amazing (60 str, 70 skill, 70 speed) and his reclass options are all great choices, having access to Swordmaster, Assassin, Hero, Warrior.

Plus, candy puns. CANDY PUNS, YO!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yes.

His offensive growths are amazing (60 str, 70 skill, 70 speed) and his reclass options are all great choices, having access to Swordmaster, Assassin, Hero, Warrior.

Plus, candy puns. CANDY PUNS, YO!
This. I reclassed him to a Myrmidon once he hit level 10 as a Thief, and now I have a Myrmidon with really good offense, 6 movement, and lockpicking. He's one of my favorite units now, even though I had kinda shied away from using him before I thought to reclass him.

Top Bottom