• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I honestly though Sumia was going to be that character that starts weak and thinks she is bad but eventually owns everyone. And so I married her to Chrom. But she never got better :( most of the times I brought her were just for pairing with Chrom :

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Everyone I brought with me to battles were just for pairings except Lon'qu, Donnel, Gregor, Chrom, Avatar, and Panne.

For some reason I usually have the male as the lead. Except Avatar, which was female. Panne was actually Lon'qu's assist, but for some reason she was always just as powerful as him, so I could switch back and forth

Reizilla

Least favorite character, stats aside? I thought it was Vaike but the I got Cynthia.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Vaike is a decent guy when you read his supports.

Cynthia will forever make me laugh at making Chrom say "Mega-pony Princess"

Libra is my least favorite. I don't think I've ever used him once

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I used Libra once, Gangrel had no hope of killing him.

Libra couldn't attack back because lolaxevssword, but meh, it was a distraction.

Cordellia couldn't compete with Wyvern Rider Lon'qu for me, so she fell off of my team quickly. No character I disliked, but a lot I just didn't use because my team was better, especially most of the children. I haven't seen many supports for the characters I didn't use though.

Reizilla

Owain and Kellam are my favorites. Owain is such a badass. And Kellam is so sneaky cool, but I've never really liked the general class in any game for some reason.

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
for me lucina and severa are beasting. my sumia and cordelia disappointed. shoulda invested more into nowi :sadsheep:

Reizilla

My Lucina had the unfortunate luck of being Sumia's child as well. Severa, Gerome, Morgan, and Noire were my beast children. Gerome blocked 4 or 5 hits for Henry (his dad) that would have killed him on the turn I beat the game. So clutch.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
So I got Awakening like 2 weeks ago. I have to say it's quite fun. The child characters seem to be especially powerful because of their wide variety of skills, especially Galeforce.

Reizilla

Who would you recommend as a good father/skill for Owain? Kellem, Virion and Chrom are already taken. I was thinking Donnel for aptitude.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yeah, there's a few skills that are a bit too powerful. Like galeforce and counter
They are both not too powerful.

Galeforce requires you to kill a unit which isn't 100% end game. It's just good for low turn counts in chapters 20+.. Otherwise, galeforce doesn't speed up killing if you could have killed on the enemy phase anyways. If you plan to send a unit to reach an objective quickly is it useful. That unit also needs to be strong enough to handle not dying while alone..

Counter is absolutely only good for the enemy. This skill is perfectly fine as it has a round about counterplay to it. I am happy with counter as it also counters astra otherwise astra would be the best skill in the game, combatwise with no question.

Best skills in the game is sol and armsthrift. Armsthrift lets you spam legendary weapons without care, which is a big deal in your offensive power, especially when you can spam tomahawks then. Sol pretty much ensures you are never in danger of dying (40-50% proc rate is pretty safe if you double)

Afterwards i would say astra, galeforce, and deliverer are next in line. Astra is pretty much 20% chance to win. Galeforce is amazing for reaching objectives quickly, and deliverer is +2 movement which gives you more mobility.

Tbh skills aren't that broken standalone. Its combinations of skill that become broken. Galeforce, deliverer, sol, armsthrift, and a filler skill is pretty much the best solo unit.

Wrath, vantage, vengence looks like a fun combo but i can never get around grinding that. In theory i'd say that combination of skills is actually pretty broken give you can reach a good 80% crit rate with a forged crit weapon. A forged ruin sounds pretty much like an impossible unit to deal with. Good thing dread fighters exist :V

Do we get a waste tomb? I'd love a brave dark tomb to forge crit on for this combo.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Mount Prism sells waste tomes.

I can accept your argument with counter but galeforce is just... eh...
I feel like i get away with soo much more than I should when I use that skill. Morgan in my game has galeforce and she kills just about everyone she comes across anyways. Dark fliers, who are not as powerful as morgan, can travel across most maps if you find a way to string galeforce into her first movement. Plus the move in and retreat tactic can be really useful if you just want to sneak in one last kill before falling back into your lines.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Tharja was my least favorite character. The psycho act is fun for the first few moments, but her never growing out of it just made me dislike her. Mentally scarring Noire for the rest of her life without much regret also didn't sit well with me. :/

Tomorrow's Spotpass is Emmeryn, and the DLC is Lost Bloodlines 3, and the first chapter of Smash Brethren. Nice call with the Chapter name, NoA.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Henry and Nowi's conversations are cute.

Henry is trying to find a playmate for Nowi, but she isn't happy with the illusion magics he conjures for her.

So he has the idea they should get married and have children because children would make wonderful playmates for Nowi

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Armsthrift is amazing! My team consists of everybody who is able to learn Armsthrift and I'm working on training my final character now! It sucks I only have a few at 100% rate but apparently there's a Limit Breaker skill so I can't wait for that <3

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So...
Does lunatic mode get easier as ya go on?

The first few levels are driving me mad!
It feels so luck based, being put into situation where all I can do is cross my fingers and hope my unit dodges the incoming 60% attack.

I'm playing on classic btw, and trying to make damn sure I don't lose any units. Stuck on chapter 3.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Tharja was my least favorite character. The psycho act is fun for the first few moments, but her never growing out of it just made me dislike her. Mentally scarring Noire for the rest of her life without much regret also didn't sit well with me. :/

Tomorrow's Spotpass is Emmeryn, and the DLC is Lost Bloodlines 3, and the first chapter of Smash Brethren. Nice call with the Chapter name, NoA.
I still like Tharja, but yeah, I felt the same way. In other support convos she seems to have a nice side to her, though. Ended up marrying Say'ri just 'cause and gave Tharja to Henry. They can both be weird together until my next playthrough.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Mount Prism sells waste tomes.

I can accept your argument with counter but galeforce is just... eh...
I feel like i get away with soo much more than I should when I use that skill. Morgan in my game has galeforce and she kills just about everyone she comes across anyways. Dark fliers, who are not as powerful as morgan, can travel across most maps if you find a way to string galeforce into her first movement. Plus the move in and retreat tactic can be really useful if you just want to sneak in one last kill before falling back into your lines.
Galeforce is a strictly player useful skill since the enemy will never get to use galeforce (unless its casual setting) so i can understand how it feels a bit OP. but still, its not a combat useful skill, only for objectives/map control. If you want to use galeforce end game, you either need it on MyUnit/Morgan (who are broken characters you can't use to judge skills alone) or you can't really advance that far ahead. f you are a flier... There are a ton of bows on these maps... So unless your flier has iote's shield, its risky to have a flier blitz through. Grounded units can't blitz through if there is terrain. And both can't blitz through chokepoints unless just killing everyone on the way.

2ndly galeforce is a level 15 skill. It takes a lot of commitment to get this skill. The best users of galeforce are those who get it for free (children) which is what a lot of people do. Galeforce rush one of the parents and then forget about them once they pass on the skill. Just about every level 15 skill can be used in a form of broken set of skills. (Imagine Pavise, renewal, aegis, sol, and resis +10 skills for the ultimate tank)

This pretty much why i think objectively MyUnit x Cordelia is the strongest pairing. Two kids with galeforce for free and 3 units can be whatever class they want.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Armsthrift is meh if you use the gold DLC, forged Brave Weapons >>> almost everything else. Useful in the lategame, certainly, amazing for postgame, but you want to wait for it to reliably activate so meh in the early to midgame. Still, I can't really argue if you want to grab it as soon as you can, there's not many first tier skills that you would really want.

I think you underestimate the utility of being able to kill two enemy units in one turn, especially with magic user who don't have to worry about getting hurt a lot of the time, cleans up mobs nicely and makes the enemy phase safer. Bows are not much of an issue for Galeforce fliers, kill one enemy and switch to your partner who isn't weak to any nearby weapons.

So...

It feels so luck based, being put into situation where all I can do is cross my fingers and hope my unit dodges the incoming 60% attack.

I'm playing on classic btw, and trying to make damn sure I don't lose any units. Stuck on chapter 3.
I heard some people just abused the fact that you could buy an infinite amount of Nosferatu later on with Chrom and MU.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I have the Wrath Vantage Vengeance combo on my Morgan (F) with Forged Ruin.

She duo'd (pair up) my friend's similarly ridiculous Street Pass team.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Armsthrift is great for postgame stuff, solo LB3 with Paragon for all of the exp, you want a ranged weapon and not having to stock up on them is nice, I just don't think it is necessary for the main game or more than a nice bonus for most of it to call it overpowered.

Now, Armsthrift + Forged Aversa's Night on the other hand...

Speaking of LB3, yay Paragon, time to start grinding, I already have about five extra and most of my Avatar's stats capped for most classes, just need Res, grabbing useful skills too.

Too bad I'll need to do it again when Limit Break comes out. :/
But I'll be ready for the second series of DLC.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
So...

From someone on Ch. 11 on Lunatic, the difficulty does seem to ease up a bit, at least enough that if I'm careful, I can make enough wiggle-room to actually raise units that aren't Frederick/MU/Chrom. I still have to use Frederick to get through some parts, but I'm also finally getting units that can kind of hold their own in the right situations with the right pair-ups (Stahl reached this point for me around Ch. 10). It's supposed to get really difficult again late in the game though once promoted enemies start becoming the norm, but you can always break the game if you want by soloing maps with a blantantly overleveled MU with Nosferatu, or by abusing DLC until your team is strong enough.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
So would Sorcerer MU with -Str + Spd be considered the best build for MU? Considering Nosferatu and that Str wouldn't be useful with a Tome class.

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
isnt aversas night > nosferatu? also theres the other dark tome with 50% crit (ruin?)

does the str/weakness affect cap limit? i thought it only affected the growth probability %

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
+4/+2 cap limit for asset
-3/-1 cap limit for flaw

Max Hp does not increase/decrease but does a +/- 1 for str/magic and +/- 2 for defense/res/luck

Kids inherit BOTH cap additions from parents. (Btw all units have unique cap modifers)

So you can have +8 str for Morgan if you wanted. (Str asset female MyUnit, don't think any females give +4 str) actually higher if you marry a child character i believe..

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
lon'qu is like the best unit in the game imo.

also i tried lunatic mode for the first time yesterday........................... never again :scared:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Lon'Qu is not even CLOSE to the best.

Avatar likely holds that slot in most if not all respects.

Reizilla

I wanted Morgan to get aether. Now he just has rightful king, armsthrift, astra, ignis and Sol xD My Lon'qu couldn't keep up in hard mode either after reclassing him

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lon'qu is definitely bad unless you use your first or 2nd second seal on him to make him a wyvern rider.

MyUnit is the most broken unit since you can use him/her from the prolouge. In terms of end game, Morgan is the most broken unit. Children then follow being the next broken units due to their cap modifers being ridiculous getting BOTH of the parents.

Children are the Op units, Morgan can be a child of a child unit making him/her most OP

Top Bottom