• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Validar being such a terrible main villain helps Walhart out though. Also, Walhart is a vegan. qB[

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Walhart sucks. Appears for a few chapters and he's killable in the first chapter he shows up just to retreat back inside. Actually you have to beat him down.. Kinda lame

Black knight is amazing because he kills Ike's dad to end the prologue. He's unkillable in the chapters he shows up in in FE9 and FE10 besides the actually boss fight with him. His boss fight is a 1v1 in the game, like its really an epic showdown. The kicker is the secret the black knight had with sepharim. There was a lot of back story to the black knight.

Tbh Walhart had potenial.. If the story was better.. There was little build up to him.

Edit: EXACTLY WHAT FIREFLY SAID!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
+1 ninja rep

The 1v1 with the Black Knight would've been so much easier to enjoy if it didn't turn out to be a purely luck-based fight that forced you to restart the chapter if you lost. -.- Although I think part of me is disillusioned because I've played through the game 10+ times, so the novelty of it has completely worn off.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
1v1 doesn't really work in FE imo, especially not with a turn limit.

Having so many different villains made all of their places in the storyline feel kind of...rushed. It ultimately felt like 3 mini-Fire Emblems appended together.
At least IS learned to not have multiple armies this time.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I thought Walhart was okay. Was an interesting comparison between him and Chrom, especially considering Walhart was said to be the second coming of Alm and was also fighting somewhat to stop Grima. So there's kind of a Marth vs Alm thing going on there which is kinda cool. Personally I thought he was the best villain in the game.

But yeah the game split the story line up which really weakened that story of the game overall. The time travel stuff was also rather confusing, and My Unit I thought really took away from Chrom/Lucina's character development and made the story rather predictable and bland overall.

Also I know that the game was supposed to be newcomer friendly but with all the new story elements and mixing of the FE games, it really makes me wonder what the **** happened to Marth at the end of FE3, Alm and Celica after FE2, and where the heck Ike went after FE10? I thought these were all supposed to be happy endings, now I feel like I missed a few games in the series.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
This Black Knight character makes me want to play the Radiant games. I don't like single-player console games though :/

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
2-range the counTURDS, Brave weapon the Leth*******s.

Problem solved.
A lot of Counter units had Brave Bows, and a lot of my best 2-range units were Dark Fliers, which made it moderately annoying, and I don't want to have to use Brave weapons unless I absolutely have to. It didn't help that this skirmish appeared on the Ch. 10 map, meaning all my units were spread out from the beginning. >.>

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
It's kind of hard to compare Walhart to the Black Knight since I think the Black Knight is one of the better so-called VG villains in general imo.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Like i said earlier. The black knight had proper charcter development. You saw him early, he had broken stats that made him even fire emblem veterans go "oh ****", and every time he showed up in the story, he got his way until the 1v1 duel

Then his double life in FE10 was even a bigger deal in adding in how great gis development was

The beginning part of Fire Emblem Awakening was the most developed part of the game. The villain had a clear set motive and the foil was played well.

Walhart unfortunately didn't get the same amount of development. He really only had 2 chapters to flesh out compared to like, 6 chapters for Gangrel. Honestly the other side stories really hampered the already short 2nd arc to where they should have scrapped some of the characters altogether or find some way to transition/combine the last 2 arcs together.

The time travel aspect is fine, was really more of a gameplay addition so marrying your units had more meaning than the 2 sentence endings you usually get with Fire Emblem endings. Too bad they could have done much more with the supports for the parent/sibling convos.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
To be honest i think the whole final boss coulda been done better.

Should have not shown him/herself until like the chapter when Grima gets released. Like we are shown another MyUnit... Just to have it be put on the backseat until the chapter Grima is released... Also MyUnit should die when you choose to kill Grima with MyUnit.

And Lucina needs a special conversation when fighting her mother from her timeline!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Argh I HATE the Black Knight. In my honest opinion, he is completely luck based to defeat! I had to restart the level two more times so I could defeat him with Aethers... lol.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Chrom passes aether to female children and rightful king to males

Morgan can only be male with Chrom.

Those who get aether are Cynthia and Kjelle

Speaking unique stuff. Lucina's falcion should be wieldable by her sibling once reaching A rank support. Wish there were alot of support event flags
Aether goes to all related females, so Morgan (F) can get Aether if Lucina (or any of her sisters) is the mother. Same with Rightful King (husband is whoever is Lucina's brother).

I also really liked the Burger King. Like Ussi said, each of his appearances made me go: "OH ****!!" and then the fight with him was great (except that my first run I didn't know how skills worked so Ike didn't have Aether :( ). His theme is also one of my favorites, it gave that feeling of overpowering strength that BK had. Then, he had that warp dust stuff and was also described as being able to move fast with such heavy armor (later shown in the Ike vs BK cutscene in RD), and the whole time I though: "This guy is too good." When he was taken out in PoR I kept thinking: "There's no way he's dead. He can't die." And then I saw him appear in a RD critical hit/skill collection and the instant his theme played and his HP bar was blue I was like: "OMG HE'S BACK AND I GET TO PLAY AS HIM!!"

Walhart was okay, I liked how he had his own class of Conqueror unlike all the other villains not named Grima. I liked how his VA is Batou's (which made a confession collage even funnier because his was captioned "You are only second to the Major." or something like that. He also kinda looked like him too with those white eyes and hairstyle.

Also, I went to Nintendo World in Manhattan yesterday and they played the Armory song from Awakening. Made me feel a bit giddy inside.

EDIT: Smash Brethren 2 is going to be out today. Time to actually make Lissa my bride.

Black knight is luck based in your favor if you have a properly leveled Mist....
It should be, but I still have had problems with it lol I have had 2 or 3 runs out of 10 where I could not activate aether at all even after 8 or 10 turns of combat with the black knight. This was with 25-27 skill too.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
My Mist was one of my best trained characters since Valkyries are one of my favourite classes. :) Keep in mind my goal was to beat the Black Knight and not simply to pass the level.

It definitely requires luck to defeat the Black Knight since it is impossible without Aether and there is a time limit.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Again i said luck based in your favor.. You need aether 2 times and you get 10 battles assuming you attack each turn. Assuming you can live an attack and a luna.. Then you can attack your turn as well as counter attack the black knight's turn.

Although there is the chance of 3 lunas in a row (luna enemy turn, you heal, luna the next 2 attacks xD)

So, I managed to get Soren to cap Mag, skl, spd, and res and transfer data. I didn't realize how much of a boost this guy would get from it. Capped all necessary stats by level 10.

Oh, and I finally realized how bad some plot elements are in Radiant Dawn. Ilyana has only the personality of eating. Greil mercenaries allow Crimea to fall into ruin while only showing up to stop a hanging? Oh, well. Game play is nice :D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Bastian said they had to hide until the last moment for his plan

Ilyana's food trait is just her fire emblem trait (the one trait that gets emphasised throughout the game)

Like Vaike's ego, lon'qu's gynophobia, and Cordelia's **** tease nature.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kellam being a knight and having a visibility problem seems wrong.

You WANT people to see the knight and target the knight

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Kind of funny that Shade isn't a skill in this game, Kellam would of had to start the game with it.

I think I would of liked it if IS gave characters some skills from classes they can't get, special character related skills like the spotpass/DLC characters try to get. Though it would probably create some balance issues, oh well.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
They should make special skills unlocked through supports! Since there is no support limit, it would be fine.

They cover Kellam's visibility issue by letting him be the two units that never want to see combat, a cleric and thief.. Guess you can have an assassin with tank skills? Lol

nessokman

Smash Lord
Dark knights in awakening are so over powered.dodging near everything and getting life taker. Ricken is amazing maxed out.stahl as an assasin heh heh...

My friend won't shut up about how overpowered his chars. Are.

This was funny

Attachments

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I made MU into a Dark Knight, raised her to get Lifetaker, Max her Magic and defensive stats, turned Enemy animations off, and summoned Einherjar teams and bought a lot of Reeking Boxes.

The combination allowed me to get all of the female MU's female supports minus the Spotpass females unlocked within an hour without losing her. Now I don't have to have that on my mind in subsequent runthroughs.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
child units are ******* op. my galeforce/aether cynthia is basically carrying my team.

yes, i said cynthia

Top Bottom