• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Those paralogs bother me (among many things).

I'm fine with getting unobtainable bonus characters like they did in past games but they don't treat the levels like that. They act like they're real parts of the story line which bothers me because all of those characters should be dead! Saying that Emmeryn, gangrel, walhart and aversa didn't REALLY die is a major blow to the decency of the plot.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Those paralogs bother me (among many things).

I'm fine with getting unobtainable bonus characters like they did in past games but they don't treat the levels like that. They act like they're real parts of the story line which bothers me because all of those characters should be dead! Saying that Emmeryn, gangrel, walhart and aversa didn't REALLY die is a major blow to the decency of the plot.

Pretty sure two of them are canonically still very dead.

Unless my memory is wrong, Walhart says something about his body essentially being brought back to "life" by pure hatred, and Gangrel is essentially mentally dead.

While I dislike how they handled Emmeryn, it makes sense to avoid having to cover the plot hole of the previous exalt no longer being the exalt.

And we don't know how they're handling Aversa yet.

In other news, I finally decided to hate myself and start playing Frederick Emblem. I'm sitting on the cusp of attempting Lunatic Chapter 2. 1 wasn't too bad, but those Mercenaries are freaking ridiculous.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
+def MyUnit paired with freddy made short work of chapter 2 for me... (More defense than freddy paired with cavalier too)

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
give fred all the heal items up to chapter 5, and just pair him with chrom till then. Ended up having him be like level 10 or something before the outrealm gate opened. And has been smooth sailing afterwards XD

Anyways, anyone know just what is needed to finish para 20 successfully? It's really pissing me off that some NPC's are using Mire like its going out of style.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
give fred all the heal items up to chapter 5, and just pair him with chrom till then. Ended up having him be like level 10 or something before the outrealm gate opened. And has been smooth sailing afterwards XD

Anyways, anyone know just what is needed to finish para 20 successfully? It's really pissing me off that some NPC's are using Mire like its going out of style.
Para 20 is Emmeryn's? I tried camping that one out but I got tired of it and just gale forced to the boss and hit him with a strong pair. I think my guys were pretty over leveled by then though, so it was probably easier than it should have been.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Smash on 3DS?

Goodbye thumbstick thing. I feel sorry for any 3DS that will play that game regularly.

Then again, maybe smash 4 will require even less out of the player than brawl.

Oh man, Brawl hate like it's 2008! :3

Its probably only because of Brawl coming around that the new one has negative feedback. I think Brawl got people super excited once before it came out. Ah, well. No use in thinking anything of it for the moment.

Finally got around to finishing off Radiant Dawn. Not sure what to do now. I think I'll try making FE through java and see how that works out.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Awakening has some super overpowered characters. Stahl and miriel...
Make stall level 20 as a knight
Rank him to myrmidon and level to 20
Make him an assasin and level to 20.
Then finally make him a sword master And level to 20

He'll have lethality, which gives him a chance at one hit kill, astra, which allows 5 strikeswhen activated, and he'll have rediculous speed, def, and attack.nothing hurts him

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Give any character 80 levels and they become pretty ridiculous.

Stahl is actually one of the average (fittingly) characters just because he's not a second generation character.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Maybe I just got unlucky but going through my first playthrough (not using any second seals) Stahl sucked. He got to level 20 twice just like every other character I had did but I just didn't find him useful. Despite being a paladin he only had 9 res by the time he reached level 20.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Stahl can be hit or miss on speed, but his strength and defense are spectacular.

Sully's all-around amazing.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Speed is a pretty big deal. Stahl has a low base speed.. Once he gets as fast as the enemy, he's amazing. He's really strong as a myrmidon as it makes up for his speed.

Sully has worse growths (the ones that matter, str and def) than Stahl besides speed.

They both make great myrmidons though..

Stahl and Sully are what average growths across the board characters should be. More likely to be good than bad. (Compared to.. Eliwood's more likely to be bad than good)

So, I broke down and finally got the game. 9 hours later, I'm at chapter 14. Can characters get the S rank, then as you complete chapters the Paralogues will open up with the respective children?

Decided to go for the Chrom/MU and Stahl/Sully since they were pretty easy to make. I have no idea on anyone else to pair up with. They give out way too many magic users imo in this game for characters.

nessokman

Smash Lord
After chapter
So, I broke down and finally got the game. 9 hours later, I'm at chapter 14. Can characters get the S rank, then as you complete chapters the Paralogues will open up with the respective children?

Decided to go for the Chrom/MU and Stahl/Sully since they were pretty easy to make. I have no idea on anyone else to pair up with. They give out way too many magic users imo in this game for characters.
after chapter 14, all s rank marriages will make paralogues appear.then any later marriages will open hem when they happen

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Ch.2 Lunatic tips pls.

This chapter is bull****.
Yes it is. Frederick has to take Virion's elixir, and a pair-up to give him a boost to his stats depending on what you need (I think I used Stahl for his +2 Def). Then you have to take him, and position him somewhere in the middle of the map in such a way so that most, if not all of the enemies will go for him (I placed him at around the patch of trees just to the left of the central clearing). Everybody else needs to just huddle up and stay out of the way; you can probably pick off an occasional straggler with Chrom/MU, but if you get more than one at a time, it's probably a given that somebody is going to die. If you find an opening, huddle all of your not-Frederick units south of the mountain to stay out of the way and for easy cover. Once you clear the initial bunch of units that rush you, take it slow when dealing with the boss and his cronies; they'll all attack at once, and you can't just sit at the edge of their attack range and bait them one at a time, so be careful.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hmmm, I've tried essentially that, with both Sully and Stahl, (they give the same bonuses at base) but I found myself dying regardless. Like, Frederick dying, not other people.

Additional information on Frederick required. Weapons? I have like 20 uses of the Silver Lance, and he's holding MU's bronze sword from Chapter 1. I also picked up a Glass Lance I could hand him, but that doesn't really give me any advantage over Silver.

How strong does Freddy need to be? I tried to feed some exp MU's way, so Freddy's level 2, and grabbed a point in HP, Speed, Strength. No defense unfortunately. MU is basically the only combat worthy unit other than Chrom. MU is level 5 (9 defense), C supports with Chrom and Fred. Chrom is level 2 but got an essentially perfect level. (everything but magic and res)

Do you move Frederick to attack something turn 1, or go for cover and pray?

I've seen SOME success sending him up to attack the Mercenary on the left side, but that leads to problems trying to keep enemies from swarming everyone else. How do you pair them up, and where do you move? I can't get Frederick to just run into the middle and beast-mode, he gets outright killed by the Steel Axe turds.

I can't say I've even survived the initial onslaught yet.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ch.2 Lunatic tips pls.

This chapter is bull****.
Ok you have +def MU right? MU paired up with Freddy SHOULD give more defense than freddy + cavalier because MU should be level 7-8. What you do is pair up MU + freddy, move ONLY MU + freddy up to solo the whole map. And have the other guys stay in the ONLY 4 spots that THEY WILL NOT GET ATTACKED AT. (they made a upside down T)

First step, trade Virion's elixir to Freddy. Also try to get it so Freddy gets Sully's bronze lance or MU gets Stahl's bronze sword because MU needs to use a bronze sword to solo these guys and if Freddy dual strikes, all the better. There is a specific spot you have to put MU at.. so he only gets attacked by 3 of them and then next turn can move to bush and use 1 use of the elixir. Anyways, Virion then has to pair up after trading then make the upsidedown T formation (use pairs to fit everyone). After MU + Freddy survive the onslaught of enemies. Turn 2, EVERYONE GOES RIGHT, 1 person will be forced to be in range of an bandit, i prefer to have chrom fight him because chrom needs to be babied as much as he can right now. Everyone else moves all the way to the right. You can switch up whose pair'd with Chrom as well if you want. (If you want Sully/Stahl instead or something)

Hopefully you only had to use the elixir once and after you clear the bottom half of the map, heal up and then prepare for everyone including the boss to rush you on the bridge. You have 2 options..

Make a choke point with MU + cavalier and freddy + other cavalier on the bridge, slowly whittling at them.. or just have MU + Freddy solo the top map as well.

If you don't have +def MU then just do the same strategy using Freddy + cavalier. Oh you won't have the choke point strategy either.

edit: with 9 defense, you'll have 14 defense when you pair up with freddy.. freddy will have the same amount. Now this is a question if MU has enough HP to withstand the onslaught instead of Freddy..

Once chapter 4 is done, the game gets easier because the game gives you defense tonics.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Don't think I can do MU on point, only has 7 speed, which is doubled by the Mercs even with Fred in the lead, is it not?

Also only has 23ish HP (from memory). Seems like my MU might be slightly underleveled, I'm at 5 and apparently could be at 7 or 8? And yeah, +def.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
For me, there was a bit of trial and error involved; I just equipped the Bronze Sword IIRC, and waited ("Pick a spot and prey" strats :smirk: ). From there, I would have to hope for some decent luck (lots of ~60% and higher hit rates, and if a Steel Axe hits me with ~30% or whatever it was, I might be screwed), and from there, Freddy would have to choose between using his turn to heal and using it to finish off a Soldier so he'd eat one less hit next turn. Of course, if I get the chance to finish off one remaining Fighter with a lance, I'd take it so that I have the weapon triangle working in my favor. I kept MU separate from Freddy because I found that my bads couldn't handle even a single soldier without her, thanks to Chrom's WTD and the very poor combined offense of that entire group...or at least, chipping at the Soldier without killing anybody off would leave somebody in a position to get killed by something else. >.>

My MU was pretty underleveled at that point (might've even been as low as 3-4; I gave Chrom a LITTLE bit of EXP as well), though my Freddy had some pretty decent level ups (I'm pretty sure he procced Def on 1 -> 2 in addition to HP, Str, and Spd, which adds up VERY quickly on this chapter). MU on point was out of the question for me, but Freddy was able to take enough abuse to make it through, as long as he got decent luck against the Fighters.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Don't think I can do MU on point, only has 7 speed, which is doubled by the Mercs even with Fred in the lead, is it not?

Also only has 23ish HP (from memory). Seems like my MU might be slightly underleveled, I'm at 5 and apparently could be at 7 or 8? And yeah, +def.
well all I know is that when I did chapter 2, MU wasn't getting doubled so there is that. Probably because he was higher level (I fed 85% of the kills to him, pretty much solo'd chapter 1 with MU + Freddy) so he had more speed growth to not get doubled as well as had much more defense as well to make up for his lower HP compared to Freddy.

After chapter 2 MU was level 17 or so.. so i used my renown change seal right there :x lol

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
gonna run through this game on lunatic lol, the other modes are too easy. got to like ch.18 on hard in like 15 hours, with most of that time was doing 5 min runs on exp boost DLC.

Top Bottom