• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
What do you suggest I should do to make it a lot harder in Lunatic? No second seals? Only use master seal once?

Oh and I took some idiots advice and made Chrom marry my Avatar, then I find out I could have given him Gale Wing and Aether... sigh

At least my Lucina has that now

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
Just...don't grind. That goes for any difficulty.
sorry kinda new to the FE series and only got interested in it because of smash. didn't really know grinding would make it a hell of a lot easier since in most RPG games you usually grind in between dungeons and suuch.I might just pass on the Lunatic run and just wait for the new DLC, since apparently the later stuff is supposed to be retardedly hard. plus I didn't get all my children yet, so that's probably another ~15ish hours

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah, most FE games don't actually give you access to Skirmishes or DLC, so there's no way to make your units stronger between chapters. The games are made to be beaten without requiring extra grinding; skirmishes and such are there are replayability, and to give new players a way to catch up if they get stuck somewhere.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Grinding/DLC is a crutch

Skirmishes are not a crutch though, if you beat those on lunatic you get a gold star.

If anything, grinding makes any game easier.

Okay, remove all DLC and play the game as normal. Refuse to engage in any paralogues or skirmishes. This way you only get experience through the normal chapters. Refuse to buy any extra weapons apart from stuff you get from enemies and characters through recruitment. Do not use Fredrick at all in lunatic. Achieve low turn counts. As in go for the fastest turn count possible.

Oh, and do not play on lunatic, play on lunatic+. All enemies will be have 1-2 skills which are sort of broken. These skills are randomly assigned mind you.
Vantage+ Will always attack before you in all engagements.
Aegis+ Halves damage from bows, tomes and dragonstones.
Pavise+ Halves damage from swords, lances, axes (includes magical variants) and beaststones.
Hawkeye+ Avoidance is not possible. You will be hit.
Luna+ All attacks will either half your defence/resistance when calculating damage.

Here is an example of the stupidity that will ensue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku-PMHcFPAY

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Chapter 2 on Looney is killing me right now too :( I got a +speed MU because I thought it would help avoid attacks or let me double some barbarians, but that hasn't worked out so well so far. Then again I'm barely lvl 4. I've been trying to give Chrom some experience as well. I've managed to clear the initial rush twice, but then I get ***** by the boss rush.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Okay, remove all DLC and play the game as normal. Refuse to engage in any paralogues or skirmishes. This way you only get experience through the normal chapters. Refuse to buy any extra weapons apart from stuff you get from enemies and characters through recruitment. Do not use Fredrick at all in lunatic. Achieve low turn counts. As in go for the fastest turn count possible.

Oh, and do not play on lunatic, play on lunatic+. All enemies will be have 1-2 skills which are sort of broken. These skills are randomly assigned mind you.
Vantage+ Will always attack before you in all engagements.
Aegis+ Halves damage from bows, tomes and dragonstones.
Pavise+ Halves damage from swords, lances, axes (includes magical variants) and beaststones.
Hawkeye+ Avoidance is not possible. You will be hit.
Luna+ All attacks will either half your defence/resistance when calculating damage.

Here is an example of the stupidity that will ensue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku-PMHcFPAY
This might be a big claim, but I think Ch. 1 Hammer guy might be the most infamous generic unit since Radiant Dawn's 3-13 Archer.

@ Reizilla: If all else fails, you can always revert to the strategy of having only Freddy and his pair-up partner pick off the boss' cronies while everybody else runs away. That's what I wound up doing; you can still usually find ways to lure weakened enemies away one at a time with somebody like Chrom for exp.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I grinded spot pass.also unlocked some awesome old characters that I never used :I

The spot pass are fun and great to build relationships on.nothing makes you want to get married like crushing ancient Heros!

Grinding makes this game easier. Dat chapter 5 on hard classic got me a lot.freaking wyvern riders.

Henry is so sadistic and over powered.
In the story, he actually warned panne about emm inside the castle. Panne went to save her.he didn't want to "waste a perfectly good war"

Reizilla

I ended up getting an eirika's sword from the magic square and that let Freddy solo the whole top half. I'm afraid it could have been put to better use though

Reizilla

That's too good.

I'm seriously considering doing some grinding after getting literally nowhere on CH. 5. Seriously.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
That's too good.

I'm seriously considering doing some grinding after getting literally nowhere on CH. 5. Seriously.
Unless its lunatic and you're having a hard time getting along I say don't. The game seemed so perfect when I did it without grinding or second seals. Grinding will deprive you of the moments of staring at your screen weighing the odds to get out of tricky situations. If you feel really frustrated, you can do a little training to make it not so hard but I cannot stress enough that over doing it can ruin the fun and challenge of the game.

For that chapter, I'm guessing you're having a hard time keeping Ricken and maribelle alive. Try using a rescue staff. Also a key point in Fire Emblem is managing who gets experience. If you've been using Fredrick too much, the rest of your army might be a bit weak.

Reizilla

Yeah, its lunatic. I didn't really grind, but I got marth from CoY1 and managed to get a wyrmslayer, so I think that should be good enough. Can anyone tell me when the first master seal is? I'd rather not second seal MU yet, but she's getting close to max.

nessokman

Smash Lord
My friends bro beat lunatic without losing anyone or ever resetting.he's incredible.especially his miriel

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
The odds of that happening are astronomically low; even if you always make the right decisions. But props for beating lunatic at least.

Reizilla

Unless used some step by step RNG abusing guide (which I don't even think work for this game, I just remember seeing one for hector hard mode), then I agree with the bull**** call.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I call BS

Chapter 2 is like being thrown into the middle of a minefield and you have to rely on trial and error to get through. (Or help)

Reizilla

Oh and Frederick"s speed growth rate has to be wrong. No way it can be 50%. This is the third run I'm a row that he's only gotten 2 speed after 10+ levels.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yeah, its lunatic. I didn't really grind, but I got marth from CoY1 and managed to get a wyrmslayer, so I think that should be good enough. Can anyone tell me when the first master seal is? I'd rather not second seal MU yet, but she's getting close to max.
I believe the first Master Seal is in Chapter...8? It's in the desert where you get Gregor and Nowi, in the bottom right village.

Great knight does lower speed by 5% it seems. I think the Paladin class is still over all superior. Especially with Stahl. You do not tack on an extra armor weakness, you gain resistance and speed boost upon promotion which Stahl has weaknesses in, and the +1 movement over Great Knight is pretty good to boot. I am not sure how much of a problem the lack of axes might be, but 2 out of three in the triangle is always enough.

I just played through that chapter Delta, and its Second Seal in the lower right with Master Seal in the lower left.

Oh, and I was surprised how useful Panne was as Draco Knight.

Reizilla

@raz, what does PEMN mean? He started out 2 for 3, maybe 4. But since then, nothing. Just got the seals from chapter 8. Merchant appeared with a master seal at long fort but there was a skirmish there already. I actually managed to beat the skirmish (lvl 6 warrior with 53 attack wtf) but couldn't save Anna. And then she disappeared before the warrior did even though he was there first. So gay

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
PEMN = Personal Experience Means Nothing

Basically, just because your unit turned out terrible/awesome doesn't mean his growths are terrible/awesome. The RNG Goddess is quite fickle.

Reizilla

Oh. Well these games have never liked me. By the way, when you switch to Japanese voices, is that only for the cut scenes when they actually talk?

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Oh. Well these games have never liked me. By the way, when you switch to Japanese voices, is that only for the cut scenes when they actually talk?
It's for whenever they talk, even confessions. There is a bug with the option though. Forgot the specifics, but if I remember right, it had something to do with soft resetting so that only cutscenes had the changed voice option set and the rest of the game didn't.

And my Sumia got screwed over in HP my first run, Had 56 HP at 20/20 (Falcoknight)/20 (Dark Flier). Like, seriously?

Also, Rogues and Redeemers 1 was a bit of a challenge for me. So many -breaker skills =/ . Even with the amount of grinding I did out of boredom it was still troublesome. I assume future DLC will get harder just looking at the info on them, so you can always challenge yourself with that. Also I really liked recruiting Lyn from Smash Brethren 3. Feels so nostalgic since she says you're the Tactician from 7.

nessokman

Smash Lord
BS? Nosh.he is a rediculous strategist...he has beaten most of the FE games. His stahl, miriel, owain, Morgan, chrom,lucinia, Henry, and sumia were his main force. Odd considering sumia's nonexistent defense stat

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You'll understand when you play it yourself.

There is literally nobody, not on Serenes, not anywhere that has beaten the game without restarting a chapter and you've straight up been lied to.

If you want to continue to insist on the opposite, I'd recommend you ask for some proof. You won't find any.

This is seriously like when some kid brags about something impossible in elementary school to impress their friends.

Reizilla

It's for whenever they talk, even confessions. There is a bug with the option though. Forgot the specifics, but if I remember right, it had something to do with soft resetting so that only cutscenes had the changed voice option set and the rest of the game didn't.

And my Sumia got screwed over in HP my first run, Had 56 HP at 20/20 (Falcoknight)/20 (Dark Flier). Like, seriously?

Also, Rogues and Redeemers 1 was a bit of a challenge for me. So many -breaker skills =/ . Even with the amount of grinding I did out of boredom it was still troublesome. I assume future DLC will get harder just looking at the info on them, so you can always challenge yourself with that. Also I really liked recruiting Lyn from Smash Brethren 3. Feels so nostalgic since she says you're the Tactician from 7.
Ah, that must be what's happening to me then.

I remember in Fe7, sometimes my Canas would max out magic at like level 12 or so and sometimes he would barely make 20. He was probably my favorite character from any game I've played (6, 7, 8, 13).

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Chapter 1 Hammer guy is the bane of my existence. It was only by pure luck that the fighter missed Frederick.

Chapter 2 was even worse. So many resets were made each time Frederick couldn't escape into the woods after the first enemy phase. DX

Chapters 3 and 4 were ok though. Frederick pairing with Kellam gave Freddy a much needed +5 Def.

Currently in the EXP. DLC. **** dignity and **** crutchless runs, my units just need to survive after RNG gods basically abandoned them. Support unlocks are my top priority anyway.

I miss Frederick being able to tank everything now.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
BS? Nosh.he is a rediculous strategist...he has beaten most of the FE games. His stahl, miriel, owain, Morgan, chrom,lucinia, Henry, and sumia were his main force. Odd considering sumia's nonexistent defense stat
Even if your friend is a fantastic strategist, you can't keep enemies from hitting with something like a 20%. Sometime during the game you are bound to be hit by a few low chances and it will kill somebody. Like I said before, even if you make the best decisions and never make a mistake, the odds of nobody being killed are against you.

I heard of beating the game with Nosferatu tanking. I thought it might actually be troublesome at least somewhere once I started seeing forged Ruin and Brave weapons near the end. But, nope. This game is full of nothing but ridiculousness. I am not sure if I like that or not. At the very least, it seems the experience is entirely up to you on how difficult or easy it gets.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I finally started Lunatic.

Chapter 2, I don't know if that chapter is possible without relying on some luck, even if it's just the enemies deciding to go onto a slightly different path that ruins everything. :(

Poor Frederick, his Steal Lance is almost broken too.

I also had the crazy idea of making this a Swordmasters + Anna only run, because why not, and I want to make this a support run so no S supports or child Paralogues(except for Chrom I guess.) Might as well throw in no DLC grinding, though I may allow the Gold DLC(I'll use the characters I don't use) and Spotpass shops, I don't know if this would be practical without some nice weapons/items, and I'll let myself go through the DLC at least once. I don't care about turn count, I want to have fun, so I'm not going to be too strict.

I've always wanted to do a Swordmaster only run ever since they added class changing, let's see how far I can get. :3
But first I'll need to get past the early levels, then I'll probably recruit some spotpass myrmidons that are around my Avatar's level/stats with DLC gold.

Hmm... I think Elixir is a must. Pairing with Vaike, Stahl, or Sully as well. After that, Fredrick is looking at like 45% and under on axe guys with a sword equipped, and the rest do not do a ton of damage after the +2 boost to defence. From there, you can move him onto a nearby forest. So, surviving the first wave is doable and not too much luck oriented. At least, if you look at all the hits he has to be hit by, then probability is that at least one of the four enemies at max will miss.

Its the 2nd wave, I am not entirely too sure how to survive and still get needed experience to units. That's actually where I am stuck at at the moment.

Reizilla

I managed to get Freddy to a fort on the second or third turn and kill two or three others with everyone else. The second wave, I couldn't get more than one mercenary away from Freddy. The boss with his short axe had too much range and would kill my the others. I think chapters 3 and 4 were able to make up for the Freddy abuse because the waves are smaller and the knights are easy for MU's magic.

Top Bottom