• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally! Some Brawl ENGLISH Voices...~UPDATED:MORE VOICES~

wadeledge107

Smash Cadet
Srsly huh?

I hope we get a vid with some other voices soon, like Dedede (who might not change) and Lucario among others...
And Pokemon Trainer, and Wolf.

But yeah it was like this when English names started coming out for all the new pokemon. People had convinced themselves that the japanese names were cooler even though they didn't know any japanese.

It was even like that for Lucario, some hoped it would be "Rukario" and were FURIOUS over it on Serebii's forums.

Mr. Ryu

Smash Rookie
Here are my opinions on the voices so far-

Fox: Very good, fits him.

Metaknight: Perfect, suits him very well.

Pit: Ow, my ears.

Ike: Sounds like a wimp. Not terrible, but not good.

Falco: lolwut.

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
remember folks, their voices will sound a lot more passable in the context of actual gameplay (when theres music and all sorts playing as well). if you went to the sound test in Melee and just played the sound effects by themselves, none of them sound fantastic either

Chepe

Smash Lord
And Pokemon Trainer, and Wolf.

But yeah it was like this when English names started coming out for all the new pokemon. People had convinced themselves that the japanese names were cooler even though they didn't know any japanese.

It was even like that for Lucario, some hoped it would be "Rukario" and were FURIOUS over it on Serebii's forums.
And I think Pocchama and Hikozaru were also preferred even though Japanese speakers said they sound just as dumb as Piplup and Chimchar overthere. But of course, they were better somehow in Japanese. :dizzy:

Fuels

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that the user of those videos posted a new one, displaying Snake's codec message! And yes, it is David doing the voice. I'm sorry if this is old, but this video is priceless and displays snake yelling our favorite line :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mx_Cen3qoSA

Fuels

Smash Rookie
Oh it is? Nobody was talking about it, and the guy just posted it, so I thought it was new. Ah well, I tried

Moustachio

Smash Apprentice
Fox...sounds like he has a lisp...
Meta...sounds like Darthvader...
Pit...sounds like a little girl...
Ike...sounds like a goody-goody...
Falco...sounds like he's from New York...

Darkslash

Smash Master
It said "five hours ago." Trust me. If it's anything over 3 minutes old, it's already on Smashboards.
Didn't he make a topic about it :laugh:

Any ways I can't believe people are complaining about the Voice acting, Really Pit voice is a start seeing he never had one in the first place. Falco and Fox fit perfectly. Meta Knight is Kirby's rival and mentor and he does have bat wings.... his voice does fit him. Ike? I dunno never played a FE:Radiant arc game. And for Wolf I bet you it's the Assault one. Alesia Glidewell( who also voices Samus and Knuckle Joe in brawl) is voicing Krystal......again...........so it would make sense for Wolf to use his Assault voice actor

ThunderHero

Smash Apprentice
Fox: I'm not fond of it, but that just because I havent heard his 64 voice in ages. I like the Melee one but I'm kinda glad they when back to the origionals

Metaknight:Srsly what is he now? Darth Vader/James Earl Jones? I mean personally its better than the 4 kids voice but not by much. The voice doesnt fit Metaknight at all, and srsly it seems like he's also a mix with Yoda..."You much yet to learn"...o.o

Pit: -_-' Why of all people did they have to mess up Pit. He's so cool and yet his voice doesnt match him at all. Yes I am an anime fan but this is just horrible, he reminds me of Bambi >_>

Ike: Ike, Ike, Ike. Now I'm going to say this before I go on and rant with him. Im a huge FE fan and have played and beat FE 6-11. Now saying that, they gave Ike a horrible voice in FE 10 the game he was first in, Ike looks cool and fits the role of a hero, yet his voice doesnt fit him at all. And to add insult to injury, he sounds like Julies(sp?) Ceaser... >_>

Falco: See Fox

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Fox is...ok.

Metaknights is pretty cool.

Oh gosh, why Pit? He sounds like a ****ing 12 year old kid. I loved his Japanese voice and now this? This iswhat I was worried about.

Ike's was my favorite.

Falco...hahahaha that was great.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Im a huge FE fan and have played and beat FE 6-11.
Thats quite a feat, considering the eleventh game isn't out yet :p .

ThunderHero said:
Falco: See Fox [I'm not fond of it, but that just because I havent heard his 64 voice in ages. I like the Melee one but I'm kinda glad they when back to the origionals]
That is most definitely not his SF64 voice. Not even close. (Fox's isn't either, incidentally, but in his case it is close.) Compare those Falco tracks to this video (0:41, 1:34-1:51, 2:19, 2:28-2:40, 2:48, 2:57, 3:44, 3:59, and 4:45).

Zevox

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Oh my dear gosh

While MK holds up well (better than the Kirby anime dub, but a bit TOO deep IMO... could have used some of the anime dub's personality too), everyone else makes me kinda sick. :(
I didn't expect much from Pit since all English dubs of children are crap (prove me wrong!), but Ike's badassery has just been knocked back a few pegs. *weeps* I mean seriously, "I fight for my friends. :)" Argh.

I also liked Fox's old voice a TON better. :((( Saddies! But apparently it's his original voice so I guess that's okay?

Not that it matters too much, we're lucky to get VAs (in ways), or characters that talk. I am missing that Japanese option now though.

Link: ..........

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Wow. At first I thought it had to be the guy who made the video just talking. Then I started to hope that was true. Some of those suck. Ike says "I fight for my friends" ... oh my.

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
Everyone's voices are fine( Ok Pit's kinda annoying ), most of you just got acostumed to the Japanese Voices, Falco's voice is more fitting than the old man one he had in Melee.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
With all due respect here... from what I can the characters say the exact same thing or a similar varation of the same line. And the lack of seeing the character nor hearing the music playing kind of made it more droned out. When you don't see something in context to it's actual use, it's almost always bad

Now, I'm not saying this is the best voice acting, but some of you are getting rather carried away.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
and apparently falco's from brooklen those voices could be better iks's was pretty good and at Metakights at least i know snakes voice is going to be awesome no matter what.

Gesi1223

Smash Apprentice
He has some weird ascent...or something.
I still like him...
He has a spanish/zoroesque accent like he did in "Kirby Right Back At Ya!".

The voice actor for Pit reminds me of Musashi from Brave Fencer Musashi.

Fox's new dub sounds way too young, even to his N64 counterpart.

Falco is okay... I guess.

Snake is of course going to be David Hayter, so his voice doesn't blow.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
I will never complain about Nintendo not having voice acting in their games ever again.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
the voice actin isnt that bad..fox and falco sound awsome the more and more i listen to it..the only voice over i dont really like is ike..thats about it but watever brawl is still awsome!

Top Bottom