• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally! Some Brawl ENGLISH Voices...~UPDATED:MORE VOICES~

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
Nah. Lucas has even been confirmed to speak with the same voice. Really, the only likely ones are the characters who have REAL lines, and the Pokemon (both for obvious reasons).

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
AAAAHHHHH PLEASE NOH THINK OF THE EARS!!!

Actually, they are bearable for the most part, except for Pit. Dear. God. No.

ThunderHero

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I think Meta Knight's voice is ok, but the Japanese version is so much better.
Yeah, the Japenese voices seem to always be better, but what someone said earlyer, people always hate VA's in there own language.

Still, Fox should have said something along with "LANDMASTER!".
Like "Go Landmaster" or something.

I think I've already covered Ike.
Heck, I'm going to HAVE to use his phrase in my sig.
"LOLZ, DO YOU FIGHT 4 YOUR FRIENDS?"

And, I'm not sure about Pit.
He needs Sora's KH2 voice. Or at least his KH voice.

Metaknight=Mini-vader.

PLEASE LET LUCARIO HAVE A DEEP VOICE!
DON'T PHAIL ME, WOLF!
"Sakurai is good, but I'm BETT- What the heck?"
pkmn trainer says Hai2u

3D King

Smash Journeyman
I liked Meta Knight's and Falco's. Brooklyn accent ain't half bad.

Pit's was absolutely horrible. I hated him before and now my hate is even greater. That Palutena phrase is just...ugh.

Ike's and Fox's aren't bad but certainly not good. They both sometimes sounded good yet at other times sounded very forced and just stupid "Landmaster!" and "I fight for my friends" comes to mind.

I'll probably still play with the American voices, unless I miraculously learn Japanese in about a week. I prefer to know what the heck people are saying.

Zarckoh

Smash Apprentice
Fox to me is regular, MK is good. Pit's voice to me is terrible, I don't like much Falco and Ike's voice either, but they aren't really that bad.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
Knowing anything after hearing this....

Lucario will have his movie VA ( In all regard it wasn't bad....But I always though the JP VA's growl and pitch was just better IMO ), Wolf SHOULD have his Assault VA ( Fox and falco do...see no reason why they would kill off wolf's ) and if Zsamus get's changed I am going to freaking CRY.

My only complainant really is Ikes tone on his victory...He sounds like he really don't HAVE any friends.....Poor, Poor guy...

PCHU

Smash Lord
Ike is one of those people that you don't touch, for fear of them going crazy.

Think bout it- the calm voice, the phrases, it's obvious............
He is going to go berserk on anyone who messes with him.

Darkslash

Smash Master
My only complainant really is Ikes tone on his victory...He sounds like he really don't HAVE any friends.....Poor, Poor guy...
From what I heard. Ike moved away from the Country in Fire Emblem:Radiant Dawn, so he doesn't have Friends, lol

any ways Falco does show disgust for the Landmaster :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

"Personally I Prefer the Air" Is his FS line. So he hates the Landmaster but still uses it. Ehhg WTH?

PCHU

Smash Lord
Interesting.....
The acting wasn't too bad, but with my incredible range of voices, I could've done some of them. Like.....Wolf, Lucario, Marth, Ike, Toon Link, Fox, Falco......
A good majority, except for some voices, like female voices.

Also, I find it interesting that I can imitate these voices, considering my voice isn't even developed. COOL THOUGH!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Thank GOD that Marth is still Japanese.

Fox and Falco suck. Their accent from Melee was epic imo.

Pit and Ike suck. They should have just kept their Japanese voices.

gamer8

Smash Lord
The voice acting is terrible, well, nobody's is worse than JASON GRIFFITH SONIC VOICE ACTOR ftl. Falco = Joey Wheeler, Meta Knight = Darth Vader, Ike = Luke Skywalker.

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I'm used to playing with the Japaneese VA but Pit couldve had more effort and emotion into it. Ike wasnt bad but I wonder why they didnt use his FE RADIANT DAWN voice.
*comes to a realization*
Oh GOSH I hope they dont change my main's voices to terrible ones!

Chepe

Smash Lord
lol at Falco for his Final Smash: "Personally, I prefer the air!" and yet he goes for a landmaster! :laugh:

And I am appalled at how people are reacting to these. Sorry, but Fox and Falco sound like they should, no "meeshawn comprete or RANDMASTAH!" nonsense that was in Melee. Their voices fit their game personalities pretty well. Ike, I might be the only one who thinks his JPN voice makes him sound wheezy and old, and this voice sounds right for him judging from cutscenes Ive seen on youtube...

Meta Knight and Pit... we had already heard their voice since E for All! Meta Knight especially... "You've much yet to learn...", "Victory is my destiny", those have been in many english demo vids. Pit's voice was less common but also heard in videos. A teenage voice fits him better over here than an anime childish voice that betrays his face...

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
I cant believe they have voices for Ike and pit and meta knight cos they ALL SUCK!
Ike's voice in the *** was awesome! the voices in the US version are so cheesy. gosh

spindash

Smash Ace
The voice acting is terrible, well, nobody's is worse than JASON GRIFFITH SONIC VOICE ACTOR ftl. Falco = Joey Wheeler, Meta Knight = Darth Vader, Ike = Luke Skywalker.
What I wanted to say was far worse then just telling you to go and cry a river about Jason Griffith. Even when he's not even a bad voice actor for Sonic in the FIRST place.

The caps sealed the deal when I saw you're just another whiner and whatnot.

EvoIII8

Smash Rookie
lol at Falco for his Final Smash: "Personally, I prefer the air!" and yet he goes for a landmaster! :laugh:

And I am appalled at how people are reacting to these. Sorry, but Fox and Falco sound like they should, no "meeshawn comprete or RANDMASTAH!" nonsense that was in Melee. Their voices fit their game personalities pretty well. Ike, I might be the only one who thinks his JPN voice makes him sound wheezy and old, and this voice sounds right for him judging from cutscenes Ive seen on youtube...

Meta Knight and Pit... we had already heard their voice since E for All! Meta Knight especially... "You've much yet to learn...", "Victory is my destiny", those have been in many english demo vids. Pit's voice was less common but also heard in videos. A teenage voice fits him better over here than an anime childish voice that betrays his face...
I agree with you. You make a good point. I think Falco and Fox's voices are OK.

gamer8

Smash Lord
What I wanted to say was far worse then just telling you to go and cry a river about Jason Griffith. Even when he's not even a bad voice actor for Sonic in the FIRST place.

The caps sealed the deal when I saw you're just another whiner and whatnot.
It's hard to accept when you have to put up with a new voice actor, when you like the original.

Chaotic-Strike

Smash Cadet
It's hard to accept when you have to put up with a new voice actor, when you like the original.
Personally I thought he was a pretty good replacement could be much worse Most people cant even tell the difference between them. but him as shadow nah he was terrible compared to the original shadow VA.

M.K

Level 55
The ONLY thing I disapprove of is Pit's "Paluntena, we did it" bout. It's corny and not well read, pausing at weird intervals during the sentence.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
is it just me...
or does metaknight sound like darth vader -.-
From the patterned formed by the first 15 pages of the thread and my friends, I'd guess you're about the 100th person to say so in this topic.

I don't completely understand the comparison. His voice is certainly deep, but it is different from Darth Vader's.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I agree with you. You make a good point. I think Falco and Fox's voices are OK.
Thanks. I feel that after knowing Fox and Falco from playing the games, they got an accurate portrayal on them.

People just seem to have such a Japan-centric view on most of these voices. I bet people who know Japanese also think some of the voice clips are overly cheesy and not as cool-sounding as we perceive them...

wadeledge107

Smash Cadet
Thanks. I feel that after knowing Fox and Falco from playing the games, they got an accurate portrayal on them.

People just seem to have such a Japan-centric view on most of these voices. I bet people who know Japanese also think some of the voice clips are overly cheesy and not as cool-sounding as we perceive them...
Can there please be more people that understand this in the world?

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
Oh get a grip. First off, Sakurai has nothing to do with english voice-acting. Secondly, "key elements?" They would be key elements in a strategy RPG, but how does a lame "I fight for my friends" line ruin a *fighting* game?

I agree that the voices are a little disappointing, but no matter what the voice sounded like, SOMEONE is going to gripe about it. Regardless, the voices aren't even close to "key elements" of this game. Besides, the lame voices are what carry over and become a legacy. Let's be real here, the Starfox 64 lines that we can all quote were lame. But that's what made them last, that's what made them funny. Is "Falcon... PAAAANCH!!!" supposed to be good voice acting?

If you want good voice-acting, just check this out.
Sorry, I just can't let this one go. I enjoy the "so bad it's good" voice acting just as much as the next guy, it's that sort of quick, non-evasive, slightly cartoonish dialogue between characters that really add emphasis to the taunt. But now when I hear a character speak I immediately think "Voice Actor" instead of thinking " Wow, this is the characters voice, this is how he sounds". I realize not every character could've had their own 'David Hayter', but since when was it considered 'griping' to expect some emotion and believability... last time I checked these taunts will mainly take place during BATTLE, not tea time..

At the very LEAST, they should've kept the language option.. Why in the Hell would they decide to do away with it??

Teej

Smash Cadet
Fox, Falco, and Ike sound good, since they were expected from their other games.

I like Pit's, actually. He sounds like a normal teenage-ish boy. Anime-ish, but fitting.

Metaknight.....eh. For once, they should have went to 4Kids for this guy. >___>

Top Bottom