• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally! Some Brawl ENGLISH Voices...~UPDATED:MORE VOICES~

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
And, I'm not sure about Pit.
He needs Sora's KH2 voice. Or at least his KH voice.
Haley Joel Osment as a Brawl voice actor probably would've been too expensive. If you're unfamiliar with his other famous roles...here's one...

'I see dead people...'

wow really?? thats insane..i wasnt expectin that
Also, I apologize for my sarcasm being hard to sense :-p

Claymore

Smash Rookie
Fox = It isn't terrible, just acceptable.
Metaknight = Vader... or Rapist? Either way, he's interesting and I don't cringe
Pit = Brawl Punching Bag for life. I will never taunt with him ever. (but for massive lulz)
Ike = LOLO UROPEN. GOTCHA. btw, I fight for my friends. I'm going to assume though that the really quick "you're open" and "gotcha" are from successful counters and that makes it more acceptable I guess. "Prepare yourself," wasn't too bad. I just hope his 'ugh's and 'hiyah's from actual fighting are alright. Serious lulz at Mr Rogers "I fight for my friends" though. So casual and stupid.
Falco = Whatever, I think they should have not used the overly emphasized accent but he's merely acceptable.

Glad David Hayter is Snake. Makes these morons bearable.

Funny picture, think if you were all casting the same day and recording the voices. Pit does his crap, fox his, falco his dreadful over zealous accent. And then David Hayter does snake. Wouldn't that make you want to fail a little less hard and actually give a **** and try?

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
How could anyone seriously have a hope that there would be a language switch in the english release of the game? News flash, Melee had a language switch, and that's why the japanese and english releases released within a week of each other. In other words, we'd have had Brawl a month ago if there was a language switch in the game.

Anyway, overall the voices are good with me. Fox sounds good, Meta Knight sounds great. Pit sounds like a cheesy stereotypical anime hero, but I guess that works.

Ike sounds plain, but he IS plain, so that works. I also hate him with a passion and think he should go delete himself from the game anyway, so my opinion of him couldn't be any lower.

Falco has an unexpected accent, but it works and I think I'll grow to love it. What I hate is that they had the balls to put "I prefer the skies anyday" in as a final smash quote. Talk about rubbing it in. I wonder if Wolf will say "I stole this from Star Fox".

I want to hear more PT work, mostly, since I know what to expect with Snake and Sonic. I'm curious about Lucario and Wolf as well, but I'm not keeping my hopes up on Wolf since they won't bring his N64 VA back.

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
You can hear English PT every time he switches Pokemon in this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3R5o-l5limU&feature=related

Though you'll have to suffer Xplay's commentary skip to 00:43-00:44. You can hear him shout Ivysaur's name. Just try to block out the xplay voices and concentarate. Put on Headphones and put it at MAX voulme for best effect.

Stupid ***** using Olimar : Let me do my chain Pokemon attack (she says it again at the end)

******* using PT: Ok now let me switch my Pikmin again

And then he like accidently gets the Final Smash and doesn't use it. These people are clueless.

Thanks for posting the video though. Still hard to hear but I might actually like PT's voice. I hate it as the new Ash, if it's the same one though.

GenG

Smash Lord
Holy crap.

Luckily there's a Freeloader on the way to avoid this ***gotry.

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
Hai Guise Did Anyone Notcie That Falco Is 2tally Frum Brokklyn! Meta Knight Is Dark Vader And He Is Also Spanish! Ike Is Boring An' Says I Fight For Ma Friendz!

Olaf

Smash Cadet
Ah geez, im falco, im uh...trying to, like, do a bad impression of john travolta with just a dash of the fonz! ah geez!

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Fox and Falco sound fine. Pit is just as annoying, no improvement. Ike sounds as cheesy as his Path of Radiance acting, which was expected. Metaknight is mostly hilarious.

heartless_pit

Smash Cadet
Heartless_pit is very worried

Um all i have to say is WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO PIT OMG FULLY #$@@#$ZORZ JEEZUZ...
On to over matters Meta is alright sounds like he does on the american dub in the kirby tv show lol (yes they made one for those who dont kno)
UM ike sounds like a gayer version of eng cloud but with no emotion in his voice...
Fox and Falco are alright like how they took some qoutes from the 64...

All i got to say Heartless_Pit is out !

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Lol see if Marth still speakz in Japanese!! xD Also check out Sonic. I wanna see if it was worth getting a japanese wii and SSBB imported or not. Judging by the videos I've seen so far, I say I made a good bet on this one. Lolol still bummed about freeloader coming out though. xD

GenG

Smash Lord
im gonna do some more which one do you like?
What about Lucario and Wolf? Have you unlocked them?

Also, could you record the codec conversations with the characters you have unlocked so far?

SeriousWB

Smash Apprentice
Ugh god, ugh god, what the hell is that?! I'm not sure which is better, good voices with text I can't understand or terrible voices with English text..

I don't know how anyone that has seen MetaKnights face (ala Revenge of MetaKnight) could say that voice suits him o_O

Don't get me started on the rest, just, UGH!

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
Is it just me or does PT sound very strained in what he is saying.

Sonic actually sounds really good now.

Marth is still Japanese.

Snake is awesome.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm glad they have voices. I liked them all except Metaknight's...that sounded just a bit off. But the rest were pretty good, especially falco's. <_<

Can't wait for Marth's and Wolf's...Wolf, I can sortta guess what he'd sound like. Marth, no clue. I just hope he speaks english. -_-

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fox- I like what they did with it. To me, it sounds like a combination of the 64 and Adventures voices and I think it suits him.

Metaknight- They did an amazing job with this voice. It has a rustic feel to it that heavily suggests that Metaknight is older then he looks and wise when it considers matters of battle. The slight spanish accent highlights his code of chivalry and sense of honor which, of course, is part of the very nature of his character. Really, they couldn't have done any better.

Pit- ... Listening to his voice was like having a power drill stuck in my ear... It's basically what you'd get if mixed the English versions of Ash, Naruto, and pre-teen Gohan together. This is by far the worst voice out of these.

Ike- Decent. I like the slight English accent he has and I think it suits his character.

Falco- Goofy to say the least. It's basically a stereotypical version of a young Brooklyn Jew and I have a hard time not laughing while listening to it. Oh well, at least it isn't the God Awful Assualt voice...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay I listejned to the vid again. I hate pit's voice to hell,but Falco's is just awesome.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Ike is so/so, Meta's is anton Chiguer(Which is fine), And Pit is fairly effeminate.

I'm going to stab Falco in the ****ing jaw.

Sonic is decent(better than I expected really. Griffith stepped up his game at least-- I actually chuckled at the "Come On" line.), Snakes is amazing-- and Marth being Japanese makes me feel happy inside.

Still... Falco = stabbed jaw. A pencil through his face.

SeriousWB

Smash Apprentice
The language has NOTHING to do with good or bad voice acting Romancer.

Now get the hell off my internet.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm not sure why you guys hate falco's voice. I think it's pretty good. I guess it just sounds good to me cuz I grew up on Starfox games with talking characters. <_<

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Please wait until you hear the voices in actual gameplay before you judge. Pit's voice isn't that bad btw.

Top Bottom