• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally! Some Brawl ENGLISH Voices...~UPDATED:MORE VOICES~

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
oh my god...i did not expect metaknight to sound like that

its....horrible...

well actually...theyre all horrible

Emir Kirena

Smash Rookie
Yeah, that's pretty awkward VAing. I already posted this in the SMYN topic a few minutes ago, because I was afraid of the backlash I'd get for being the messenger of bad news if I made a topic about it!

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Fox is alright.
Metaknight is good.
Pit... sucks.

Ike's suck. Could have been a LOT better. They don't sound much like they are something said mid battle, or even after a battle. No real emotion in the voice, especially "I fight for my friends." It sounded pretty lame, I can't picture that in a match. Needed some real feeling behind it.

Falco was decent, on some of them.

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for the post.
MetaKnight, sound like Darth Vader
Fox, sounds like his Assault actor
Ike, yeah i like Japan version
Falco, just chessey

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
LOL Fox voice sounds SO gay xDDD I lol'ed

And Meta Knight just rememers me to Duke Nukem xD

Edit: Wtf... Pit now sounds like a woman -_- I'll miss his japanese childish voice

NeoZ

Smash Ace
NOOOOOOOOO!!!1!!!1!!
They all suck... except for Snake's(David Hayter FTW), even though it's not in the video.
Also I hope they don't dub Marth.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
who cares what they sound like the game will still be good

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
just listened to it again, and the one im really disappointed with is pit. his japanese voice is so AWESOME, especially the 'nenenenenenene'! that english voice is just so awful in comparison...

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Oh...mercy, that was a nice bit of LOLing for me.

How the hell do they think that MK should sound like THAT is beyond me.

And what about Wolf? If they made him sound closer to his 64 counter-part, that'd be hilarious.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
just listened to it again, and the one im really disappointed with is pit. his japanese voice is so AWESOME, especially the 'nenenenenenene'! that english voice is just so awful in comparison...
I hate his Japanese voice and that "nenenenenenene" makes it worse.In Japanese he's just to squeaky.

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Meta Knight has this awesome rapist thing going on. Easily the best voice in that video.

Pit is okay, I think.

Who did Ike's voice anyway? Is it the same person who did his voice in Path of Radiance? That guy's voice is so dull.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Fox is okay. That "Landmaster!" shout is going to take some serious getting used to though.
Meta Knight is the only really good one in that bunch.
Pits is terrible on most. There were a couple that were acceptable, but most were just aweful (especially #26... ow).
Ike is fairly good. Could've been better, but nowhere near as bad as Pit or Falco.
Falco's is like Pit - terrible on most, barely acceptable on a few. That accent just does not work for him. They really should've gotten the voice actor from SF64 for him.

Zevox

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Fox, Pit and Ike sound terrible.. Metaknight and Falco are average.

Much like anime, the original voice actors are normally always better. (Snake, of course, being the exception) Meh, not too big an issue as they don't talk much I guess, I wanted to hear Ike's UPB "TOOOOYAH" noise though!

Come to think of it, JPN Pit's >B "ATATATATATA" noise was pretty mind breaking.

Example of 'amazing' dubbing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fT0aHOS3Fc

AMERIKANZ SAYING JAPAHNEEZE WURDS.

:034:

Smash Hero
Fox is terrible.
Meta Knight is good.
Ike is okay.
Falco is okay.

But Pit made me want to kill myself. ):

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Wow. Pit's is lame. Just once can a character that's supposed to sound like a young boy have a voice actor who is a young boy and not a woman's voice actor? (Ash, Naruto...)

Sparkchu

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm....

Fox= Sounds like his 64 self. Nice...
Falco= Sounds like his SF Adventures self... too much Bronx accent though...
Meta Knight= Deep. Yea Deep. But nice no less. But some of us knew that since one of two of the 1up videos.
Pit= So-so I suppose. Tad cheesy though...
Ike= Nice voice. I never played any of the FE games, but whatever...

My only gripe is that we won't be able to switch from US to JPN like in Melee (as the player claimed). I don't why they'd do that...

Gillenium

Smash Rookie
Well, you gotta remember, this stuff isn't what we'll be hearing the most.

It'll be more like "HUAGH!" "ugh" "agh!" "hiyah!" "huh!"

so... don't think it matters that much as long as they can pull off a good hurt noise

Top Bottom