• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally! Some Brawl ENGLISH Voices...~UPDATED:MORE VOICES~

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Well, you gotta remember, this stuff isn't what we'll be hearing the most.

It'll be more like "HUAGH!" "ugh" "agh!" "hiyah!" "huh!"

so... don't think it matters that much as long as they can pull off a good hurt noise
I doubt the grunts will sound any better. Lance Bass did a terrible job when he did the grunts.

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
/forcepalm

Other than Metaknight, which sounds like a cool darth vader, they others just sound pretty awful IMO...

Pit sounds like a nintendo-version of Sora, but with a bit worse dubbing.
Falco sounds like someone tried to fake a Brooklyn accent XD
Ike sounds like Anakin Skywalker in Ep. III, but with a bit more emotion
Fox is alright, but nowhere near as cool as his british-accented counterpart in Melee

"Now... KNOW MY POWAR!" :laugh:

It doesn't bother me all that much though, seeing as Bowser is just a bunch of Roars. That and the fact that I have my voice/BG music balance set at like 20%/80%...

Aosagi

Smash Rookie
ummmmm I want the option to change to the Japanese voices (except Snake, because it's Snake)

iMichael

Smash Lord
Fox sounded better when he said "DOODINATTAY!" (LOL I know that's not right) and Ike "Dai Ten Kuu" dunno if that's right either lol now he's all gay lol

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Sound like he has an Spainsh accent, mix with Darth Vader
Dude, I am spanish and MetaKnight has NOTHING like a Spanish accent.

But he is great, with that Vader-like voice.

Pit sucks, he is too cheezy.

All others are Okay. I really want some David Hayter voice acting, Snake's voice just rocks.

Ps: Wait... ONLY Spaniards say "an" before a word starting with S... ¿Are you Spanish, too?

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
I can understand Fox and Falco, since they sound alot like the voices from Assault, if not the same exact ones. Metaknight sounds like he took notes from "Right Back at Ya!" without copying it entirely.

I choose to with hold any further opinions till I see some of this in context however.

SD3

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight's Darth Vader voice is AMAZING.
Fox and Falco sound like their voice actors from assault (In which fox has terrible voice acting. Oh god, and Wolf's VA from assault is even worse. "What are you doing to my DARLING Wolfen?")
Pit's voice: I almost don't want to play as him any more.

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
Wait, what? He had a British accent?
Well, it's a small inside joke between me and my friends. :laugh: When he taunts, we all hear it as if he's got a light British accent. Just my opinion though.

Now it's just your generic "Come on!", rather than the "Cahmon!" I hear in Melee

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
Wow just wow. Are you guys even sure that this is authentic? I think it is just some people playing their own recorded voices while the go through the menu. It's just - no.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Fox- LANDMASTER i just rolfed at his voice and the phrase

metaknight-we knew his voice after some demo came out last year (forget where)

Pit- NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I wish they wouldve given him the japanese VA

Ike- Eh, not too bad, but not good

Falco- OK, sounds kinda like Melees

PT- sounds like Ash

Sonic- I'm not to terribly pissed about it, but the guy for Adventure wouldve been better

I know Sonic and PT werent in ther but i've heard their voice from trailers and G4's gameplay of the english version

iMichael

Smash Lord
Wow just wow. Are you guys even sure that this is authentic? I think it is just some people playing their own recorded voices while the go through the menu. It's just - no.
Nah that's really it...I know Meta's voice. People say that's Fox and Falco from Assault...so yeah. Pit and Ike make me sad.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's a small inside joke between me and my friends. :laugh: When he taunts, we all hear it as if he's got a light British accent. Just my opinion though.

Now it's just your generic "Come on!", rather than the "Cahmon!" I hear in Melee
Ah I see, well, it did sound pretty funny, like Captain Falcon.

That's what happens when Japanese people say English words, mm delicious Engrish.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Why do they insist on hiring such bad voice actors? I can tell that they just picked some random idiot off the streets, and told them: "Read this line in the mic." It's as if they didn't even bother to make them sound like they're actually saying anything. You can hear the voice actor simply READING THE LINE.

Ewwww.

This peeves me as a theater major.

I've had some time to calm down. Fox and MetaKnight aren't bad. Pit makes me want to kill myself. The other two, I can easily just block out of my head.

Downfall

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I prefer the AIR! Personally, I prefer the AIR! Personally, I prefer the AIR! Personally, I prefer the AIR! Personally, I prefer the AIR! Personally, I prefer the AIR! Personally, I prefer the AIR! Personally, I prefer the AIR! Personally, I prefer the AIR! Personally, I prefer the AIR! Personally, I prefer the AIR! Personally, I prefer the AIR! Personally, I prefer the AIR! Personally, I prefer the AIR! Personally, I prefer the AIR! Personally, I prefer the AIR!

Dear God Ike, ****ing lol. Kinda wish they made the guy who did Domon's voice from G Gundam do yours, considering you know, you have his outfit as an alternate, but God. Atleast they didn't do to you what they did to Pit.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
At least we can rest easy on the Metal Gear voices. And maybe the 4**** Sonic voices.

Phocks

Smash Rookie
Fox - sounds like he does in Assault. I wasn't personally thrilled with his voice actor there, so meh.
Falco - sounds like he does in Assault too. I personally really liked his Brooklyn accent, seems fitting.
Meta Knight - voice actor was a little over dramatic, but it sounds really awesome.
Pit - I can't even consider playing as him any more. I heard his voice was more mature than the Japanese version. I guess when young Japanese boys mature, they turn into women.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I want to murdur the person who voiced MK.
This s why we want Grunts and little sounds over voices

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Meta Knight sound like a straight up Gangsta, I love it. I wonder why people have problems with Ike's voice, he almost sound the same as his games.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
are these voices gona be in eu 1 !? what retardedness, im just gona mute the voices

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Metaknight was okay. The rest of the voices sucked. Horribly.

And am I the only person on the face of the earth glad that Ryan Drummond is NOT doing the voice of Sonic in Brawl?

o.o;

Smooth Criminal

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
PT- sounds like Ash

Sonic- I'm not to terribly pissed about it, but the guy for Adventure wouldve been better

I know Sonic and PT werent in ther but i've heard their voice from trailers and G4's gameplay of the english version

Old school Ash or new-horrible-piece of ****-sounds like a Youtube fan-dub Ash?

I still haven't heard Sonic, PT, or any of the Pokemon other than Pikachu who stays the same obviously.

I don't have a problem with Fox or Falco's voices. They seem to fit actually. Pit is horrible. I don't even feel like playing him now. Ike isn't great, but it could be worse. I'm glad Marth is still Japanese.

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
I've heard Pit's and Meta Knight's voices back at E4ALL. These are real.

Edit: Wait, what? No Japanese voices in Brawl? That... sucks.
wow. Meta knight is ok, I have heard his voice before, I can even take Ike. But pit, and fox really piss me off. Why would they do that. Do you know what their voices deserve? This:

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
wow. Meta knight is ok, I have heard his voice before, I can even take Ike. But pit, and fox really piss me off. Why would they do that. Do you know what their voices deserve? This:
Now that that's over I guess I will get used to it eventually. No big deal.
Edit: Srry I meant to push edit but accidentally clicked quote.

Top Bottom