• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally! Some Brawl ENGLISH Voices...~UPDATED:MORE VOICES~

spindash

Smash Ace
You too? lol.

We should get ourselves banned. Go out with a bang, you know?
Ha. XD But then I'd be no better then the others who did the same thing.

Besides, the only thing I'm likely to stay here for is the Canadian Region section, just to stay up to speed on the tournaments I attend.

By Smash Boards = Dead to me come Brawl? I mean say goodbye to the General Discussion Board because it's ridiculous sometimes. XD

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
No. Not when all I hear is "Japanese this" and "Japanese that" or "pft. Trash. nothing but trash."

Brawl is the perfect game to me. People are allowed to have their opinion (I personally do enjoy some Japanese voices over the English but I also enjoy the English for not only understanding the language I'm native to, but for that it's still a great effort that pays off generally), but it's when they have to flex those "DOWN WITH ENGLISH VAing" muscles 24/7. Sorry, but 29+ pages with a complaint on every single one?

Have an opinion, but for the love of god people.

It's not about "being lucky to have a game of this calibur", it's that the team put effort into localization even more for us, unlike Melee which was a rushed game that still held a high degree of quality. That's rather nice of them if you ask me.

Some of you guys really disappoint me. You really do.

Smash Boards = Dead to me after Brawl comes out. XD;
There needs to be more people like you...I wanna play brawl with you :p

TP_Zant

Smash Rookie
Why the hell does everyone want Ike's voice changed? He sounds exactly as he should if you played Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn. Actually I think he sounds more like his Radiant Dawn self, but that's not a bad thing, he was more mature in that game. Seriously, unless you all have played PoR or RD you have no right to complain.

PCHU

Smash Lord
What was said earlier about me and Kingdom Hearts....

I am a strong fan of Kingdom Hearts, along with my friends.
Plus, I had the game. Memorized a good portion of it.

Sorry what I said about Ike, I didn't really know his game, or his personality.
But in his Japanese videos, it seems he's like your average crazed fighter.
So, I concluded that Ike would be a yeller. I was wrong.

Now, don't kill me for all those cheesy phrases.
Not my fault they're likable.

All in all, sorry. guess my facts were messed up.
But Now that I look at it, Ike isn't that bad.

But, I can hear the differences between Falco 64 and Brawl Falco.
He sounded more like a rotten punk back then.
He was cooler.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who likes the voices? They do sound like the characters. We're just used to the japanese voices so they will sound a bit strange. After a few weeks with the English version nobody will care at all.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
No. Not when all I hear is "Japanese this" and "Japanese that" or "pft. Trash. nothing but trash."

Brawl is the perfect game to me. People are allowed to have their opinion (I personally do enjoy some Japanese voices over the English but I also enjoy the English for not only understanding the language I'm native to, but for that it's still a great effort that pays off generally), but it's when they have to flex those "DOWN WITH ENGLISH VAing" muscles 24/7. Sorry, but 29+ pages with a complaint on every single one?

It's not about "being lucky to have a game of this calibur", it's that the team put effort into localization even more for us, unlike Melee which was a rushed game that still held a high degree of quality. That's rather nice of them if you ask me.

Thank you for having common sense. I can't stand the instant "JAPAN VA BETTER THAN US VA" mentality in everything. There are a lot of talented voice actors in America, and honestly, these voices aren't bad at all. They're just not what some people expected. I think they did a great job of matching voices to characters. I can't understand the seething hatred for them.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ha. XD But then I'd be no better then the others who did the same thing.

Besides, the only thing I'm likely to stay here for is the Canadian Region section, just to stay up to speed on the tournaments I attend.

By Smash Boards = Dead to me come Brawl? I mean say goodbye to the General Discussion Board because it's ridiculous sometimes. XD
Well, it's the only reason I come here, really, but I might try the other rooms after Brawl is out. See what techniques Meta Knight has, get a *****-shaped stage, etc.

Anyway, we'll get used to the voices, cause they really aren't that bad.

Dragor/Ashura

Smash Rookie
Well, here is my opinion on the english voice actors so far:

Fox: Sounds just as I expected. I laughed when he screamed Landmaster. Cool voice.
Falco: Just as I expected. Cool voice.
Pit: At least he isn't annoying like the Japanese VA, but his voice isn't that great.
Ike: No comment...
Meta Knight: He sounds like a mix of a Combine Soldier from Half-Life and Darth Vader. Cool voice.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for having common sense. I can't stand the instant "JAPAN VA BETTER THAN US VA" mentality in everything. There are a lot of talented voice actors in America, and honestly, these voices aren't bad at all. They're just not what some people expected. I think they did a great job of matching voices to characters. I can't understand the seething hatred for them.
I understand throwing hate around to the generalized "zomg american VA suxx0rs" mentality, don't get me wrong.

And I don't have seething hatred. I've just grown to know and like Ike's character from playing his two installments recently and I don't find that the voice is very fitting (and yeah, I disliked most of his clips in PoR but loved him in Radiant Dawn). Most are good, there's just a few I want to nitpick at. I'm sure they'll all grow on me though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I actually like Ash's new voice. It's grown on me, is that who does Pokemon Trainer? Very nice.
It's grown on me as well. Personally, I think new voice is more suiting than Veronica Taylor's.

I can't wait to hear the others and to bomb some dodongos.

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
Sorry what I said about Ike, I didn't really know his game, or his personality.
But in his Japanese videos, it seems he's like your average crazed fighter.
So, I concluded that Ike would be a yeller. I was wrong.
Yes, but you rushed off half-cocked. See, sure, Ike can yell. In fact, his US VA does a GREAT yel for his UP+B.

But Ike doesn't yell EVERY waking moment. He's rather quiet in his attacks. Even in Japanese, this is noticable. Link yells more often than Ike does.

Sweet Jesus.

They all sound like fruity teenagers. Even Meta Knight sounds like an old Hispanic man with a plastic bag over his head.

MISSHUN COMPLETE!

DA FAIGHT IS ONNN!

PREPUH YUHSELF

And the worst of all:

YOOOOUU CYAN'T DAFEAT MEE.

or could it be

GREAT PALUTENA, VICTORY IS AWWWRRRRRSSS!

no wait it's

I fight for my friends.

WHAT DID YOU DO TO IKE YOU *******S

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
It's grown on me as well. Personally, I think new voice is more suiting than Veronica Taylor's.

I can't wait to hear the others and to bomb some dodongos.
I know what you mean. I'm so hungry, I could eat an octorok!

(If that wasn't a Phillips CD Zelda reference, sorry for startin' one. Heheh.)

And I just listened to Ike's taunts, and they aren't bad. The Fighting for Friends line is the one I think is off.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Though some voices are rather frightening, we can still hope for others.
Wolf, Lucario, Ganon.....

And I wonder if Falcon's voice is nefed. FALCON....punch.........

But yeah, Ike is okay, but I think that "I fight for my friends" deal is king of......
man, I can't think of anything else to say. I can't describe it. It's not gay. It's something between mature and childish. Not teenageish. I wonderrrrrrrrrrrr......

spindash

Smash Ace
Sweet Jesus.

They all sound like fruity teenagers. Even Meta Knight sounds like an old Hispanic man with a plastic bag over his head.

MISSHUN COMPLETE!

DA FAIGHT IS ONNN!

PREPUH YUHSELF

And the worst of all:

or could it be

no wait it's

I fight for my friends.

You good sir, are another example to further prove my point of people needing to grow up.

Oh, and I've had this thrown my way. So. Ahem.

BAAAWWW!!!

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Though some voices are rather frightening, we can still hope for others.
Wolf, Lucario, Ganon.....

And I wonder if Falcon's voice is nefed. FALCON....punch.........

But yeah, Ike is okay, but I think that "I fight for my friends" deal is king of......
man, I can't think of anything else to say. I can't describe it. It's not gay. It's something between mature and childish. Not teenageish. I wonderrrrrrrrrrrr......
Falcon already speaks English in the Japanese. Kinda like how Marth does Japanese in the English

D

Deleted member

You good sir, are another example to further prove my point of people needing to grow up.

Oh, and I've had this thrown my way. So. Ahem.

BAAAWWW!!!
You're my hero. FDW has been a semi-troll since he joined.:urg:

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I can live with all of them except for pit..... and really the only Horrible one from his is the "great patata(or something) victory is ours!

I don't think Ike is that bad......

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
Sweet Jesus.

MISSHUN COMPLETE!

DA FAIGHT IS ONNN!

PREPUH YUHSELF

And the worst of all:

or could it be

no wait it's

I fight for my friends.

I don't think it sounded THAT bad lol.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I guess Ike gave me another reason to main him.
Man, I guess I said all that because I was still in shock.
I wasn't expecting vader, a girl in disguise, or a top tier british.
But, even though their phrases aren't the best, their grunts and yells should have us smashing in no time.

They kept him exactly like his character. He's always been soft-spoken when he isn't fighting, and the idea of fighting for friends was one of his biggest character motivations throughout both games.
I'm sorry, but no.

I've beaten Path of Radiance and played Radiant Dawn.

Ike NEVER sounded like he was the narrator for a children's book.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace

The only VO I want to see go down is 4Kids XD

I'm usually ok with English VO, when done WELL.

Lovely

Smash Lord
The voice acting is ok with me, I like it to be honest. Some I can disagree with, but I'm alright with it.

FigmentJedi

Smash Rookie
You know, now that I think of it, Meta Knight's voice is actually perfect for the role he had in Meta Knight's Revenge on Super Star. I can definitely hear that voice saying "Kirby, this is it! Prepare to die!"

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Anyone think they'll change Ness at all? I guess there wouldn't be as much of a need to, but they might just to make his PK flash sound like PK flush/pulse/force/whatever

Top Bottom