• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally! Some Brawl ENGLISH Voices...~UPDATED:MORE VOICES~

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Fox sounds like a gay version of Goku. 'Nuff said

Metaknight got a Ganondorf style voice, which is cool, but totally unfitting...

Pit... sounds like Rudolph from the of Rudolph the red-nosed Reindeer Christmas Movie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Rudolphdvd.jpg) Lame :(

I thought Ike was fine except for the "I fight for my friends" thing. His tone was totally unfitting for the line.

Falco's got some sort of Brooklyn/Southern/Italian accent. Love it, but not for Falco.

Disappointing. Here's hoping there are some better voices among the other characters...

The Director

Smash Lord
LOLOLOL!! Fox sounds so gay!!

So gay infact, I think I'll spell it GHEY!!

MK and Ike sound cool, but since when does Falco sound like Raphael??

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I feel sorry for the individual that voiced Pit.

He has to live with that voice. God bless him.

Darkslash

Smash Master
LOLOLOL!! Fox sounds so gay!!

So gay infact, I think I'll spell it GHEY!!

MK and Ike sound cool, but since when does Falco sound like Raphael??
Fox sounds like he should. And Falco sounds like 64 :laugh: I'm guessing that you didn't play a SF game with voice acting.....

And the people who say Falco voice isn't fitting. I guess they should learn some Latin or Italian :laugh:
HIS LAST NAME IS ITALIAN FOR ****S SAKE!!!!!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Did Lani Minella do Pit's voice? I know she did Lucas' voice, but it sounds like she also did VA work for Pit and they just altered the pitch a little.

D

Deleted member

Fox sounds like a teenager from your average cartoon.

Meta Knight sounds just plain awesome.

Pit sucks. Big time. Now I feel bad for making one of my top five mains (Assuming it stays the same).

Ike is pretty cool.

Falco is okay.

PCHU

Smash Lord
......This almost brought me to tears.
AMERICA NOW OFFICIALLY SUCKS.
How could they? Fox sounded better in Japanese......
And Falco! "What the heck?!"
At this rate, wolf is going to be..........a cowboy!

Seriously, Ike's voice sucks, metaknight sucks, and.....
crap, I am seriously have second thoughts.
Why did they do that to Ike? No one sounds like they're supposed to anymore.
It's like this is a kid's game. Now n00bs have a reason to criticize Brawl.
It may as well be one of those good games that suck.

Voice acting: 3/10. At least they had voice acting......

SMASH 64 WAS BETTER!

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's weird, i mostly liked the voices. But english isn't my native language.

I generally hate spanish dubbing in games. I guess one tends to dislike his own language in videogames for some reason. (Actually, it might be that you're more able to distinguish their bad voice acting)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I agree with Gilgy (;)). The voices aren't that bad; frankly, I kind of like Ike's voice.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
......This almost brought me to tears.
AMERICA NOW OFFICIALLY SUCKS.
How could they? Fox sounded better in Japanese......
And Falco! "What the heck?!"
At this rate, wolf is going to be..........a cowboy!

Seriously, Ike's voice sucks, metaknight sucks, and.....
crap, I am seriously have second thoughts.
Why did they do that to Ike? No one sounds like they're supposed to anymore.
It's like this is a kid's game. Now n00bs have a reason to criticize Brawl.
It may as well be one of those good games that suck.

Voice acting: 3/10. At least they had voice acting......

SMASH 64 WAS BETTER!
:laugh: Thanks bro,for posting that.I share your pain too bro,they officaly killed them,just as I predicted.Its a damm shame really,now thats more power to people who dont give a rata$$ what Smash really is.Mainly the critics :embarrass

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Having played the games, I can't imagine Ike putting a lot of enthusiasm into anything. He's more relaxed than that, especially in Radiant Dawn. :/
Having not played Radiant Dawn, Ike's voice is seriously the most uninspired voice I have ever heard. I thought it was the taper talking. lol.

Other than Ike, it's not really that bad. But I personally don't care, I guess.

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
Hmm didn't read the whole topic, but the Japanese Ike says when he tosses his sword in the ground as a victory pose is "Mamoru dekimono no tame ni," which actually is "I fight for my friends," or "I fight to protect my friends."

And his one taunt with the sword pose he says something like "Kaku bashou," which is loosely translated "Victory."

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Remember people the voice doesnt make the character any less playable.
Just because you can't tolerate it..doesn't mean it's bad.
Anyone who isnt planning on playing a character just because they think their voice is 'horrible'
Will be missing out on some good characters IMO..

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
That's weird, i mostly liked the voices. But english isn't my native language.

I generally hate spanish dubbing in games. I guess one tends to dislike his own language in videogames for some reason. (Actually, it might be that you're more able to distinguish their bad voice acting)
Honestly, I think that about sums it up. If you can't understand what they're saying, how do you know the acting is good? Even the same emotion will be delivered very differently in different languages. This is especially true of the Japanese language, as well as a few other Asian, which tend to be very musical in nature.

The opposite is generally true of German and Dutch dubs. Everyone sounds so angry to English speakers because of the way the language is spoken. XD

Having not played Radiant Dawn, Ike's voice is seriously the most uninspired voice I have ever heard.
I rest my case. As I said earlier, most all the complaints I've heard thus far are from people who've never played Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn. Ike doesn't get excited and even in the rare instances when he's brought to rage, he's very much in control of himself.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Let my post be heard. If you know NOTHING of the character's original game, do NOT criticize their voice. Falco and Fox's voices sound close to their 64 voices. Maybe it's new to a lot of us at the moment, but don't say it's horrible. They're original. And Ike? I heard he's not the most enthusiastic character in his games. He's a calm guy. Sakurai is just having the characters in Brawl fit their personality from their game. Don't automatically criticize them.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Hmm didn't read the whole topic, but the Japanese Ike says when he tosses his sword in the ground as a victory pose is "Mamoru dekimono no tame ni," which actually is "I fight for my friends," or "I fight to protect my friends."

And his one taunt with the sword pose he says something like "Kaku bashou," which is loosely translated "Victory."
Yeah..dont remind me the gesters of those speeches when it was spoken properly man"which was very good".Its already bad as is.

PCHU

Smash Lord
................WHY IKE? WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!
Ok. It's not THAT BAD, because I've heard worse.
Can't quite remember where, but yes, I've heard worse.
But Ike......he suffers from littlekidshowitis. Seriously.

Hey guys, Ike rocks! Listen to this! "I fight for my friends."
I really wish that he had a bit of anger in his voice.
And sorry, but I could seriously care less about Pit.

My biggest worries are Wolf and Lucario. I can deal with Falco. I can put up with mini-vader. But, if Wolf sounds like a teenager....or BELOW....I am going to take action. When I am done......they would WISH that they had a midair jump and an upb......

RECOVER NOW!!!!!*Falcon Punch*
"YOU SUCK, but I'm BETTAH!" really, that would be a cool taunt.

TP_Zant

Smash Rookie
Metaknight is awesome

Ike for some reason sounds like Anakin Skywalker from ep 2-3

Falco reminds me of Joey from Yu-Gi-Oh! >_<

Might just be the video quality, but I'm seriously not liking some of these VA's

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Woopie! the snake voice video is in. Probably the best voice actor/dub there is in the game.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
- Fox sounds close enough to his Starfox 64 so I really don't mind that... that was a great game.
- Metaknight sounds bad, but at least it wasn't the 4kids Spanish accent voice.
- Pit sounds like a badly dubbed anime main character voice... and exactly what I thought it would be.
- Ike and Falco... I'm just going to mute the game.

D

Deleted member

Well, at least theses voices are better than:

-"Well EXCUUSE me, princess!"

-"Oh boy! I'm so hungry, I could eat an octorok!"

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I'm REALLY liking Ike's "Gotcha!" line. Is this what he says when he grabs someone? If so, that's freaking awesome.

................WHY IKE? WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!
Ok. It's not THAT BAD, because I've heard worse.
Can't quite remember where, but yes, I've heard worse.
But Ike......he suffers from littlekidshowitis. Seriously.

Hey guys, Ike rocks! Listen to this! "I fight for my friends."
I really wish that he had a bit of anger in his voice.
And sorry, but I could seriously care less about Pit.

My biggest worries are Wolf and Lucario. I can deal with Falco. I can put up with mini-vader. But, if Wolf sounds like a teenager....or BELOW....I am going to take action. When I am done......they would WISH that they had a midair jump and an upb......

RECOVER NOW!!!!!*Falcon Punch*
"YOU SUCK, but I'm BETTAH!" really, that would be a cool taunt.
I HIGHLY doubt Wolf's voice will be kiddish.

miller483

Smash Ace
Let my post be heard. If you know NOTHING of the character's original game, do NOT criticize their voice. Falco and Fox's voices sound close to their 64 voices. Maybe it's new to a lot of us at the moment, but don't say it's horrible. They're original. And Ike? I heard he's not the most enthusiastic character in his games. He's a calm guy. Sakurai is just having the characters in Brawl fit their personality from their game. Don't automatically criticize them.
QFT. The similarity between Fox's SF64 voice and his Brawl voice are pretty well done.

Top Bottom