• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally! Some Brawl ENGLISH Voices...~UPDATED:MORE VOICES~

Tiwaz

Smash Cadet
I didn't expect Meta Knight to talk.
Falco sounds like a beast.
Pit sounds like an 8-year-old boy.

I'm pretty sure the people I play with often (my neighbours and such) will all want it in Japanese, though. I don't have a problem with it, so whatever.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
And due to Smash's popularity as is, people will learn to grow on the voices and probably look over it...with the occasional twitch here and there.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
That's stupid, why wouldn't they add the Japanese voices? I want to hear Pokemon Trainer. If his voice is what I think it is, I refues to buy the game (not really obviously but still).

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I love the voices but when Pit says Platunia it's just LOL
Sounds like he says Pootoonyah

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
They sound so averagely human its disgusting. How can you cheer for someone who sounds like that?

I'd rather have them not talk at all, with a few engrish phrases mixed in for taunts and such.

D

Deleted member

Ike voice actor is the same. Which is both good and bad, in that I like him a bunch but still feel he's not really trying his hardest.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
They sound so averagely human its disgusting. How can you cheer for someone who sounds like that?

I'd rather have them not talk at all, with a few engrish phrases mixed in for taunts and such.
Because i'm open minded?
I like both voices equally, this is cool because I can understand them
Besides i'll be too busy beating the **** out of people to worry about voices.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I'm sure it will seem more natural when we see the characters to go along with the voices. That being said, Fox's voice is awful.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
i think once we all get use to it, it will be fine, we havent heard the characters in english really so it was kinda a shock at first

espio87

Smash Ace
Wow, metaknight's english voice sounds so awesome that I can't choose between the two versions of him.
But what you really have to do, Cjay, is to record ALL of Snake's CODEC conversations.
Oh, and a small piece of advice: to avoid the difficulties of using a controller and at the same time filming, you should put the camera on a table, or even better a camera tripod if you have one.

spindash

Smash Ace
Those voices were absolutely AWESOME, I think.

I refuse to say anything about everyone complaining about wanting the Japanese voices, because then it'll just show me being irritated at you guys for the constant complaining. XD! That is all.

Falco's Assault voice actor. So awesome. If Grant Goodeve comes back to voice Wolf in Brawl, I'll be sold. So awesome.

antimatter

Smash Lord
my ears have been corrupted. those voices were hideous. more proof that sakurai only cares if japan is happy.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Has anyone figured out if Pokemon Trainer has the old Ash voice or the new horrible Ash voice?
You can hear English PT every time he switches Pokemon in this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3R5o-l5limU&feature=related

Though you'll have to suffer Xplay's commentary skip to 00:43-00:44. You can hear him shout Ivysaur's name. Just try to block out the xplay voices and concentarate. Put on Headphones and put it at MAX voulme for best effect.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I don't understand why people are pissed off. Even if you don't like the voices it's better than the characters speaking a language you can't understand, and it is MUCH better than japanese trying to spew out gargled english sentences. "Mishun COMPREET!" Why do you think people think that Captain Falcon does "Falco Punch" and why Ness does "Pika fire." Sure people are completely stupid for associating completely separate characters to other characters moves but it is because the Japanese voice actors' annunciation is awful.
ALL YOU WAPANESE PEOPLE WHO HATE THESE VOICES READ THIS.

kthxbye.

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
Man I don't get why everyone is complaining about Pit's voice. I think it's one of the better ones in that video. At least the voice actor showed some kind of enthusiasm, unlike Ike's. And then there's Falco who just sounds plain weird.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
Ike sounds like he should be the voice on an audio book for Macbeth...
Pit sounds... weird...
Metaknight just ensured that I will have nightmares tonight
Fox= Dumb
Falco ...BWAHAHAHAHAHA... Oh wait, that's really it? crap...

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I am disappointed with Ike's and Pit. Everyone elses is fine, not great or really bad. I was expecting this anyways. After all, our American voice actors kinda...reak...

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
I think some of those are Ike's victory speeches. He's calm after winning a match.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Pit sounds like: A kid that pronounces Rs with Ws.
Ike sounds like: A rejected soap opera actor.
Falco sounds like: The cool kid on the after school programs
Meta Knight: Lol, you know

D

Deleted member

ANTIMATTER HAS AN EPIC SIG!

Anyway, I can kind of see Ike's view point on his voice work. He seems slightly bored, and kinda lacking energy. Perhaps its because he's rarely spooked ingame and is just generally blunt.

Maybe its just that he knows it is written only Captain Falcon can defeat Ike...

Actually, I wanna see how Marth's VA turns out. Hopefully he's not voiced by Spike Spencer, he was so god**** generic in the English OVA.

Iraku

Smash Cadet
Ike's "I fight for my friends" line sounds out of place to me. It sounds like something out of a "Learn to Speak English" cd. Pit's voice could be improved as well, but overall, I think that the voices are fine. What we need is Pokémon Trainer's voice.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
Ike sounds dead.
Metaknight doesn't sound as Spanish as in the anime.
Pit it abyssmal.
Falco is bearable.
Fox is fine.

._.

What about Dedede? Does he have that horrible yee-haw voice from the anime? And I wonder if Marth speaks in Japanese.
Oh yeah, and what about PokeTrainer.

Is this in the NTSC version? How have people got their hands on it so early?

Top Bottom