• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally! Some Brawl ENGLISH Voices...~UPDATED:MORE VOICES~

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Wow... Fox is ok. MK sounds like darth vader with a slightly hispanic accent. Pit is just lame. Ike is ok. Falco is not that great.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
lord plz tell me u can "unlock" japanese voices after playing cetain amount of battles

David the Great

Smash Rookie
Those are pretty good. The only one I don't really like was Falco's but that's because I keep on picturing Big Bird's voice whenever I see him.

Rash

Smash Ace
It's the new ash voice. Y'know, the one everyone seems to hate except for me.
Every character from Pokemon sounded better in the first season. Ash, Brock, Dexter, etc.

As for these voices. Well, they're voices. You'll get over it. During gameplay they'll probably sound better anyway because of all the extra sounds that'll be going on around them.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay, seeing constant posts saying "they're like 64!" made me feel the urge to confirm this. So, I just played Starfox 64 and after Fox and Falco's classic lines, I paused and played their new voices. Surprisingly, they aren't that far off. Plus, in battle I'm sure we won't mind too much. Falco's still sounds too overdone for my taste though; he sounds like he's in the mafia.

"I'll give Fox an offer he can't refuse."

Now I want to know how Wolf sounds like. I'd MUCH prefer his Assault voice over the 64 version...

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Ike's got the same VO as Path of Radiance...but he sounds a LOT better in this than he does in PoR. It does sounds kind of out of character though. Actually more like I'd expect Marth to sound in English.

Fox sounds awesome, you guys are nuts.

NeuralScan

Smash Cadet
First time I listened to them... they sounded pretty bad. Then listening to them again, I think they really suit them. The kinda lack-of-emotion-ness makes it better, I think. I'm not sure why :p

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
His name is Falco Lombardi. What did you expect?! Nintendo just HAS to be incredibly racist to Italians at every chance they get. I personally think his voice is awesome.
Holy ****! I never made that connection 'til now (his last name's Italian!! Italian accent!!!) It kind of makes sense. Anyway, I digress...

Fox-- Mehhh...his voice is alright. There's nothing to complain about it, but there's nothing to get excited for either. I liked his Melee voice better. He needs more leaderly gruff, or at least SOME sort of personality!
Score- 5/10

Metaknight- It's weird, I wouldn't have pictured him with a Spanish accent. They got the deep part right--I'm not sure if I'm digging the accent though. His Final Smash voice sounds too much like Darth Vader...once again, it's not working, SSBB!
Score- 6/10

Pit- UGH! Did they get Tress McNeil to voice act him or something? IT'S HORRIBLE! I'd at least would've liked a boy's voice! It's annoying, devoid once again of character, and just plain bad. Is it horrible to say I'd rather have the Japanese voice's side-B to this??
Score- 1/10

Ike- "I fight for my friends!" Well buddy, you won't be getting many with that voice. And that sympathy line? Completely devoid of emotion! How difficult is it to get some DECENT voice actors, guys??
Score- 3/10

Falco- Finally! Voice acting with EMOTION! And I really do dig the Italian accent. It came onto me while plaing Starfox Assault, and I've liked it since then. Good for them for sticking to it. While it could be better, this was by far and away the best voice shown to us.
Score- 8/10

C'mon SSBB guys! While I certainly will still buy the game and will still have the greatest times of my life (I didn't buy the game for the voice acting to begin with), is it too much to ask for some voice acting talent?

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I'm fine with the voices. But I do want to hear more of them.

I will miss "Nenenenenenene" though. Unless Pit's new voice actor did their own version of that...

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
We wait an extra month to get alot of crap. am i the only one who feels kind of ripped off, I mean we are given a ton of delays, and I mean, I love the roster, the stages and everything, but the one thing i do indeed hate are the voices. Although some of them are OK and nothing better. At least give us the option to change them.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
NOOOOO you cant change the voices....
So far this is the only thing about brawl that has disappointed me... still...
most of the voices are bad period.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight sounds like some evil anime guy.

Ike sounds like a averege guy. He's fine.

Pit seems like some guy from the 80s.

Falco is from Brooklyn.

Fox: WTH.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Hmmm... where's Pokemon Trainer? :p

Let's see... Fox and Falco sound good, and they have their Star Fox Assault voice actors, which is nice. Meta Knight sounds too evil, but otherwise just a deeper version of his Anime dub voice, I suppose. Ike sounds bad and Pit sounds OK.

But seriously, where Pokemon Trainer? XD

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
lol you DIckheads this video is from "CJay".... how about you atleast mention it in the first post after you CLOSED his other thread were he offered to show stuff anyone asked for?
go Mic_128 -.-

illphil

Smash Apprentice
Wow these voices are ridiculously corny. The Japanese voices are so much better, even though I don't understand them. They sound like part of a saturday morning WB cartoon

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
Ness, Marth, and Lucas is needed also.

"I fight for my friends."

I can tell how why he said that. First off, he is a mercenary, which most likely ment he was in a group, and he did nothing but protect him and his group. He says it in a simple tone. I dont understand why people dont like it.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Ness, Marth, and Lucas is needed also.

"I fight for my friends."

I can tell how why he said that. First off, he is a mercenary, which most likely ment he was in a group, and he did nothing but protect him and his group. He says it in a simple tone. I dont understand why people dont like it.
I thought it was corny at first. I think if I saw a scene when he says that, I wouldn't think so. But hearing a floating voice with no scene to go with it, people tend to think otherwise.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
The only one I'm iffy about is Pit's, but it's really hard to rate the voices on their own. They're going to feel completely different with visuals and music to back them up. A lot of people don't like Ike's voice, but it seems to be coming mostly from people who haven't played Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn. It's his same voice actor, it would be wierd if they changed it (like they seem to do everytime Fox gets a new game in his series...)

Speaking of Fox, it's about time he got an actual English voice actor. "Mishon Cunpleet!" Sorry, that just never did anything for me. Marth, on the other hand... His Japanese voice is just fine, but I'm really kind of ticked off they left it. It makes him feel out of place, especially since he's got a new game coming out soon that's destined for our shores. He should have brushed up on his English. -_- It almost seems lazy to me.

Top Bottom