• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally! Some Brawl ENGLISH Voices...~UPDATED:MORE VOICES~

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
PKMN Trainer HAS Ash's VA

Snake has his VA...We know what he sounds like

Wait, just listen to the Codec...it's on the friggin' DOJO

Guardian-Sheik

Smash Rookie
Harrisville, PA [bout a hour from pittsburg]
i thought all of the voices heard were extremely good evens Pit's i mean if you think about how else should he sound with a english VA lol. Ike's could of been better i believe i could of done a better Ike i even think that i wouldnt be able to voice act him there is much Emotion in his voice and he dosent sound as bad *** but Meta Knight's is So cool. and for all you people you think Fox's and Falco's VA suck just think about it that way Star Fox is one of the Few Voice acted games For Nintendo Both there Voice Actors are amazing and use good Emotion and i hope for their future success.

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or does Ike sound exactly like Hayden Christiansen. "FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL."
Called it a while ago

But oh man, the joke possibilities for that will be endless...

If anyone of my friends play as Ike:

Me while edgeguarding: "Don't try it! I have the high ground!" :laugh:

Some of these voices are good, while others are so odd/poorly done that they're fun to listen to . Like old Godzilla dubs!

Chaotic-Strike

Smash Cadet
Im just not used to them yet but they tend to sound better when you see the characters. The only thing really bad was how pit pronouced palutena

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I disagree with Meta knight...

And still, Sonic, Snake, Pkmn Trainer & Marth is notyet herd :urg:

And STFU!! English voices is SOOO much better!!!!
Sakurai had to get approval for everyone's voice, what amkes the most sence is that he had the most current VA doing teh bits for the characters.

Obviously sakurai himself hired the MK and DDD voices so so blame him for those but blame the nintendo staff team of those games for the other ones.

He had to go by what nintendo gave him for a guide line

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
King Dedede is one of the characters that kept his Japanese voice, I'm pretty sure

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
American voices owns the japanese so bad that it is justfun, of course people complain, we dont hear the voices in game. and then it just sounds weird...

and meta knight should have that spanish accent xD what he got now, just aint right, he is just a blue puffball like kirby... with that voice kinda makes me O_O

but american voices always beat japanese ones.

miller483

Smash Ace
We will all get used to the voices within a week of playing anyway.
Of course we will. I'm starting to get pissed at all these weeaboos complaining about the VA just because it's not Japanese. (I'm not saying that all of the complainers are weeaboos, just some of the complainers)

Brooklyn Falco and Vader MK FTW!

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
I'm alright with these voices for the most part. I'm okay with Fox, Falco and Meta-Knight. Ike sounds a little awkward... and Pit. Oh god, Pit. It's horrible. I want my "Nenenenenenenene!" back.

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
Wow, what were you guys listening to? I don't know about you, but I heard some genuine voices. Good or bad, annoying or awesome, they were real voices that real people would actually use (except Metaknight).

Fox: Wow, that's an impressive impersonation of his 64 VA. I think it was good for him. He just didn't really have enough emotion in most of what he said. "LANDMASTER" sounded more like he was yelling it across a street to warn a buddy that it was coming down the road. I was impressed particularly with his "COME ON!" It was pretty much perfect for the way it is used (though I can't make fun of him for having a Japanese accent on it anymore).

Metaknight: Cool. A very cool voice. Deep with a very thin Spanish accent. At first, I was against the accent, but it's so light that it's almost unnoticeable. The deep voice threw me off at first, too. But in the end, It may not be what I wanted, but it's still SUPER cool. ("Behold..." Amazing.)

Pit: *sigh* Well, it may sound crappy, but most of those are in-battle clips, so they are supposed to have a buffer around them, so they will sound more realistic. The voice fit him well, but I think that whoever was doing the voice was afraid to yell or sound like he was into the role in the studio. He's probably a new guy (dang greenies). It was annoying, but real, and it fit him.

Ike: The voice was okay. Even though he said his full lines in an unemotional way, those were victory comments. They were not supposed to sound like he was fighting or yelling, just like he was mentioning it. "dang, how could I have lost?" As he walks away from the guy he beat, Ike responds, "I fight for my friends." Get it? Either way, I don't know Ike very well, and was expecting him to sound more like a teen than an adult (if he's an adult, the voice is pretty good). Maybe like Trunks on DBZ.

Falco: I like Brooklyn accents, and the voice (even though it's not the perfection of the one in 64) is perfect for Falco. And the accent is done very realistically, so there were no real problems. Heh, "Personally, I prefer the air." Yes Falco, we'd prefer it if you weren't in the Landmaster as well.

komickid

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight to kirby "I am your father!!"

Yeah they might sound better later but right now...

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Pit and Ike sucks.

Meta Knight is awesome.

Falco...is weird. I STILL think his 64 voice was the best, but at least they kept his Brooklyn accent.

WHERE'S MAH SNAEK!?

Edit:

LANDMASTERRRRRR!! :chuckle:

Hukuzo

Smash Rookie
Why are so many people surprised? Ike has the same English voice that he had in Path of Radiance.

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
Is it just me or do they all sound echoey.

Fox, Falco, and to a lesser extent Ike are okay.

Meta Knight would be better with his 4Kids voice (Zorro FTW!). It's a good voice but I just can't picture this little guy sounding like Darth Vader or Optimus Prime.

Ike really does sound like Hayden.

Pit makes me wanna shoot something.

Let's all hope King DeDeDe has his 4kids. "Imma need a monsta to clobba dat there kirbah!!!"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is it just me or do they all sound echoey.

Fox, Falco, and to a lesser extent Ike are okay.

Meta Knight would be better with his 4Kids voice (Zorro FTW!). It's a good voice but I just can't picture this little guy sounding like Darth Vader or Optimus Prime.

Ike really does sound like Hayden.

Pit makes me wanna shoot something.

Let's all hope King DeDeDe has his 4kids. "Imma need a monsta to clobba dat there kirbah!!!"
DEDEDE HAS HIS JAPANESE VA...(In English Brawl)

HIS ENGLISH ONE REALLY SUCKS...4KIDS SUCK

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
I'm heavily anti-anime and Japanese language and these voices still made me cry.

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
Christ they're horrible... It's so bad that I think I'll stick with playing the Japanese version...

OMG Ike... "I fight for my friends."

Machete

Smash Ace
Fox wasn't bad, although the Landmaster was pretty pathetic. I must see the "Come on" and "Mission Complete" in a fight to talk about them.
I love Meta Knight's voice. Although, for me, he doesn't sound spanish at all. Well, maybe a bit. Darth Vader's voice <3.
Pit's is... "Goddess Palutena, victory is ours" deserves a remix.
Ike's... I never liked his PoR/RD voice. Maybe in a battle it sounds better...
Falco's... well.. same as Fox's.

Although I need to see Wolf's voice.

FigmentJedi

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight's voice is awesome...

Falco's accent is funny.

Ike sounds slightly more like Mark Hammil then Hayden to me, particularly the "I fight for my friends" line.

Pit's voice is lame. Could have done a youthful voice MUCH better...

Really want to hear Lucario and I'm hoping they kept his original English voice actor, considering he's actually from my hometown.

Kinsei_Kensei

Smash Apprentice
Fox is good but Falco...well, I'll get used to it, I guess. I just hope Wolf's voice is as good as it has been in the past.

Everyone else (beside maybe Metaknight) didn't impress me either. I might have to switch to Japanese when playing vs. mode...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Has anyone figured out if Pokemon Trainer has the old Ash voice or the new horrible Ash voice?

T-major

Smash Champion
Jesus people, they aren't that bad! stop being picky...

Fox And Falco sound good. I hate How fox Says "Landmaster!" though. his Japanese line is much cooler.

Pit sounds fine. not like I expected him to, but not bad.

Meta Knight is just awesome. he sounds like a battle hardened warrior, like he should.

Ike... well, I'll admit, it's not that good. but it's certainly not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

what I don't get is why they removed the Japanese voice option... seriously, are they kidding us!? that makes no sense!

Top Bottom