• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
@mod: Request prod on Seph

Gova, Glyph, Red Ruy, and Seph:

Top two scum choices, top two Town choices, please.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I think Gheb's an *******, but probably town. Disagree with the Nich scum read, he seems more frustrated town than cornered scum to me.

Haven't come across anything I'd deem significant enough to push for scum yet, only little things that could come into play later. For now I still stand by my previous stance of picking off a bad player.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think Gheb's an *******, but probably town. Disagree with the Nich scum read, he seems more frustrated town than cornered scum to me.

Haven't come across anything I'd deem significant enough to push for scum yet, only little things that could come into play later. For now I still stand by my previous stance of picking off a bad player.
Top two of each. I don't care if nothing is "significant enough", I want a top 2 for each.

And don't expect to go through Day 1 by picking off a bad player. Last few games we've been in, it has been a scum lynch on Day 1.

I was waiting on Sword as he promised we'd go to town BUT THEN HE DISAPPEARED.

So here I go with a quick comment.

Raziek, post your top2 scum and top2 town before anyone else who you requested to do it does it.
Anyone else, wait for Raziek to post his top lists.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Only thing I can remember off the top of my head is you (Raz) appealing to Gheb for his case on Nich rather than applying pressure of your own.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Legolas shut up I do what I want apparently

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Top 2 Town:
Gheb (strong)
Ryker (lean)

There are numerous that could go in the second slot, I don't have a second strong Town read yet. I want to say Nickel, but he hasn't done anything since the pressure let off, and that needs to be fixed ASAP.

Top 2 Scum:

Nich, primarily because he's not fitting the meta I've seen from him, and he's actively trying to hide being his tunneling. His attempted reversal on Gheb doesn't sit well with me.

After that would be T-Block or Inferno. T-Block's questions earlier felt really forced/fake. Inferno raised a red flag.

I need more from Rajam as well, I completely forgot he was in this game. Too many low-posters resulting in nulls.

Xonar, indulge me with your list, since you've drawn mine out.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Only thing I can remember off the top of my head is you (Raz) appealing to Gheb for his case on Nich rather than applying pressure of your own.
Wait, goddamnit, I just realized this isn't even what I asked for.

TWO. OF. EACH. No excuses. If they are weak, say they are weak. Re-read, play this game.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Then Rajam because I think he is scum and we should lynch him and this has nothing to do with wanting to just lynch a bad player

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord

I really don't like your wording. Why would Gheb be dying? Nobody but Nich is even voting him. (I think)
IMO this is meaningless. People like Ryker say things along the lines of "I don't like Player X, he can die" all the time, how is Inferno saying "I don't want Gheb to die" a scum tell?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
In mafia, you're either gonna die or you're not. Simple as that. Gheb is someone I don't want dying. Anyways as far as reads go I'm putting Gheb as town for the time. I like his pursuit on Nich and his intentions seem good. As for a second, I'm gonna with Legolas for right now. I just kinda like him. He seems to want to move in the right direction. I'm gonna go with Nich and Rajam for scum. Nich for reasons stated. Rajam for his fluff and completely disappearing after it. If anything he can be a fallback lynch. I feel like there are a lot of nulls here for me which I don't like.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
IMO this is meaningless. People like Ryker say things along the lines of "I don't like Player X, he can die" all the time, how is Inferno saying "I don't want Gheb to die" a scum tell?
You haven't played with me in a while. When I call a red flag it's not necessarily a scumtell.

And the very fact that Ryker says it all the time is why it doesn't bother me FROM HIM. Inferno doesn't say it, so it stuck out.

Satisfactory explanation though, so I'll drop it.

I'd rather not have to lynch dead weight, but there are too many in this game who need to post more.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Inferno
Explain why the pressure was scummy.

Actually, I think this goes for everyone on my wagon.

@Everyone wanting to vote me.
Give me some nice detail on why you think I'm scum, please, and put it in your own words. (Gheb can skip this, since we've gone over this ground already.)

@T-block
Am I doing to Gheb what I did to you in Time Travelers?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ryker - Red Ryu,
Nicholas1024- Gheb, Legolas, Ryker, Raziek, MOD
Red Ryu- Rajam,
Rajam - NickelbackR0cks, Glyph,
NickelbackR0cks-
Raziek - T-block,
Gheb- Nicholas1024,
Legolas - MOD

Gova, Seph, Inferno3044,

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is February 17th at 3:00 PM EST

Do not post in red. Rule 8b, it's highlighted in yellow.

Sephiroths Masamune has been prodded.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Unvote

Nich may be L-1 with the mod vote.

Ryu / Rajam, how serious are you two about your votes? Are these just RVS leftovers or do you guys actually suspect the people who your vote happens to be on?

:059:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ryker - Red Ryu,
Nicholas1024- Legolas, Ryker, Raziek, MOD
Red Ryu- Rajam,
Rajam - NickelbackR0cks, Glyph,
NickelbackR0cks-
Raziek - T-block,
Gheb- Nicholas1024,
Legolas - MOD

Gova, Seph, Inferno3044, Gheb

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is February 17th at 3:00 PM EST

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Other than Nich and T-Block, Raziek is somebody else I'm concerned with atm. Not only do I have the feeling that he's trying to buddy me but I'm also not satisfied with his content. I thought the discussion about classes might've led into something but it didn't so Raz didn't make any input here. His vote and reasoning is very "convenient" and stuff he points out is reaching ... like the red flag thing, which is clear null-tell.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Other than Nich and T-Block, Raziek is somebody else I'm concerned with atm. Not only do I have the feeling that he's trying to buddy me but I'm also not satisfied with his content. I thought the discussion about classes might've led into something but it didn't so Raz didn't make any input here. His vote and reasoning is very "convenient" and stuff he points out is reaching ... like the red flag thing, which is clear null-tell.

There's not much else to discuss about the classes without going into trying to direct roles and claiming, so that was kind of a dead end to begin with. It was meant to be an information supplier.

I already answered Nick in that I don't think the wording was necessarily a scum tell, it just raised a flag with me. It drew my attention. I don't think Inferno is scum for it.

You say my reasoning is convenient, but what makes it differ from, say, Rykers?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Hate when people say that. Just because someone else has done something doesn't make it fair game.

:phone:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
inb4 I get called for deflection, but you haven't exactly attacked my reasoning for me to defend, here. I already made it clear that it's based on meta and the intent I'm getting.

That should be enough a reason for this stage in the game.

Damn it Glyph, you inb4'd me.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Prod-dodging :awesome:

Hi again guys! I haven't read anything still which means I'll have to enter into the classic catch-up mode
(I'll check before possible outdated content though). Meanwhile, I have a proposal (I apologize if this has already been touched):

Have you checked the dancer role? That thing is clearly pro-scum, and the good thing about it, is that it's restriction is pretty easy to check. My proposal is to do some role-fishing and test the restriction to see if there are dancers around, which probably are roles only scum have:

9. Dancer-

Lv1. Wiznaibus - Every player including yourself will take one less to lynch the next day. This cannot go below one to lynch. You may not use any other abilities while dancing. This is a global effect and does not target an individual player.

Lv2. Nameless Dance - Anyone who uses an ability on you will take two less to lynch the next day. This cannot go below one to lynch. You may not use any other abilities while dancing. This is a global effect and does not target an individual player.
Restriction: The Dancer cannot be the opening vote on a player. If they attempt to do so, they will receive a MOD vote and the vote will not register.
Even if we find out there are no dancers, we at least can be sure we won't have nasty surprises for lylo, so the exchange rolefishing - finding dancers is clearly pro-town

Oppinions?

T-block

B2B TST
Top 2 Town:
Gheb (strong)
Ryker (lean)

There are numerous that could go in the second slot, I don't have a second strong Town read yet. I want to say Nickel, but he hasn't done anything since the pressure let off, and that needs to be fixed ASAP.

Top 2 Scum:

Nich, primarily because he's not fitting the meta I've seen from him, and he's actively trying to hide being his tunneling. His attempted reversal on Gheb doesn't sit well with me.

After that would be T-Block or Inferno. T-Block's questions earlier felt really forced/fake. Inferno raised a red flag.

I need more from Rajam as well, I completely forgot he was in this game. Too many low-posters resulting in nulls.

Xonar, indulge me with your list, since you've drawn mine out.
which questions

do you think i was wrong to be concerned with your play?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
vote: Raziek

let's dance ^_^

why are you being soooo open about everything? do these things need to be said? this doesn't feel like you at all. why are you putting so much effort into defending nickel instead of letting nich do whatever it is he wants?

at this stage of the game, i think the effect of a voteblock is negligible, so i wouldn't even be able to use it towards some sort of goal, so i'm not sure how to answer that question. i might pick ryker just so he doesn't pull some utrick'd stuff =P
This post is the one that bothers me.

Firstly, you know that I'm an open player. Zonie even mentions it in his critique thread. Those questions feel forced, you already know the answer.

Second, I wasn't putting "so much effort" into defending Nickel. I was not the strongest of his defenders.

This post, in general, feels faked or forced. Your questions were rather empty or simply wrong.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
which questions

do you think i was wrong to be concerned with your play?
As for you being concerned with my play, no, I think you're right to be so, I'd be surprised if you weren't.

It's the fact that your concern feels false.

T-block

B2B TST
Prod-dodging :awesome:

Hi again guys! I haven't read anything still which means I'll have to enter into the classic catch-up mode
(I'll check before possible outdated content though). Meanwhile, I have a proposal (I apologize if this has already been touched):

Have you checked the dancer role? That thing is clearly pro-scum, and the good thing about it, is that it's restriction is pretty easy to check. My proposal is to do some role-fishing and test the restriction to see if there are dancers around, which probably are roles only scum have:

Even if we find out there are no dancers, we at least can be sure we won't have nasty surprises for lylo, so the exchange rolefishing - finding dancers is clearly pro-town

Oppinions?
dude don't even bother posting

T-block

B2B TST
@Inferno
Explain why the pressure was scummy.

Actually, I think this goes for everyone on my wagon.

@Everyone wanting to vote me.
Give me some nice detail on why you think I'm scum, please, and put it in your own words. (Gheb can skip this, since we've gone over this ground already.)

@T-block
Am I doing to Gheb what I did to you in Time Travelers?
tbh, i can't remember why you were on my case in TT, and i sure as hell ain't gonna reread that game. the part about our interaction i remember more is me tunneling the **** out of you for a pretty blatant contradiction.

in this case, though, i can see where you're coming from. i like this sentence in particular: "You apply Occam's Razor to a ridiculous extent, cutting out many feasible possibilities in favor of what the most straight-forward brain-dead players would do", and i'm getting somewhat of an opportunistic feel from the way he's pushing you. i also agree that he is overinflating the fear that pressure on nickel is anti-town. you can count on my vote here.

question for you though - what are your thoughts on ryker?

T-block

B2B TST
This post is the one that bothers me.

Firstly, you know that I'm an open player. Zonie even mentions it in his critique thread. Those questions feel forced, you already know the answer.

Second, I wasn't putting "so much effort" into defending Nickel. I was not the strongest of his defenders.

This post, in general, feels faked or forced. Your questions were rather empty or simply wrong.
well... "why are you being so open" is obviously rhetorical... i wasn't expecting an actual answer to that. "so much effort" comes from the fact that you actually bothered to make a post just to defend him.

and no, i wouldn't have characterized your play as open... last games i've played with you as town you've been pretty damn inactive, so you end up commenting on things after the fact, and then when you were open (calling bs on my dayvig claim for no reason) you ended up being indy sk lol.

As for you being concerned with my play, no, I think you're right to be so, I'd be surprised if you weren't.

It's the fact that your concern feels false.
oh the concern is very real.

we have a pretty spotty history of reading each other, don't you agree?

i'm still not seeing consistency in your answers. you claim you thought nich had gone far enough in his push on nickel for you to label him as scum, yet in your scumpicks posts that reasoning isn't there...?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
well... "why are you being so open" is obviously rhetorical... i wasn't expecting an actual answer to that. "so much effort" comes from the fact that you actually bothered to make a post just to defend him.
Again, what's wrong with that?
and no, i wouldn't have characterized your play as open... last games i've played with you as town you've been pretty damn inactive, so you end up commenting on things after the fact, and then when you were open (calling bs on my dayvig claim for no reason) you ended up being indy sk lol.
My inactivity was only a result of necessity, not by choice.

Regardless of my alignment, my play is pretty transparent. (For better or worse)
oh the concern is very real.

we have a pretty spotty history of reading each other, don't you agree?

i'm still not seeing consistency in your answers. you claim you thought nich had gone far enough in his push on nickel for you to label him as scum, yet in your scumpicks posts that reasoning isn't there...?
Yeah, we do have a fairly spotty history of reading each other. Mostly because we're never the same alignment when I want us to be.

It's also less that he went too far, because nobody's lynching Nickel here. It's (as I stated), moreso the issue of him displaying little Town intent, and trying to hide behind his meta as an excuse for tunneling.

What annoys me is that Nickel has been entirely silent since. Hoping we get that reads post from him soon.

Like half this game is inactive. :urg:

Top Bottom