• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
*Ingores Light and MD*

>.>

<.<

Anyways I'll blow you all up including you too Light, come to GA! (or wifi....)

FINAL ROUND 13 who is coming cause it's here in atlanta SON!

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
just because you said this excel

"**** Fox, he's too slow."

I support the movement to ban Excel:
1. Lightning93
2.CloudRain

lol

btw im going to florida this summer so it would be good if i could brawl some of you guys.show you how uk players play XD

but youll have to bring your A game :p

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Party people in the place Iblis the Ninja attacks...you knocked off MLG cause the game you played was whack, so instead trying of planking, you need to take your homeboys off the crack, cause if you don't nerves will become shot, and that that leave the job up to my own drillshine drop, cause your in Fox Boards, the Fox Fox Fox Boards, Fox Boards, Fox Boards, the Fox Fox Fox Boards.

Lol Rookie should get this one.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
you know all you need to know. I main Sonic and I've got mad skillz.
We need to play again by the way. Come to Akron OH on the 27th!

Oh, and if there's a movement, I'd better join it before I lest I get chased out of the Fox boards by an angry mob.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So I just set R to Attack and practiced the DACUS/Boost smash/whatever you call it. It's harder to pull off than most, but I got the hang of it for the most part. If I practice it too much though I screw up more and more so taking a break is probably a good thing @_@

I also did Sheik's DACUS for the first time ever, I think. Like, I set R to attack so I was like "hey I'll try Sheik's first" and my very first try I got it, and then I got it like 1/8 of the time after that for a minute or two. Then I went to Fox and it was easier than Sheik's so yay. With practice I'll get it consistent. It's not as useful as Sheik's, unfortunately.

So I always thought Fox's Reflector had set knockback, but apparently not? It does in Melee, doesn't it? I noticed that at higher percents my targets would fall down instead of just being pushed away. What I was trying to practice was AA->Shine->DACUS for a kill. I don't think it's legit unless your opponent reacts too slowly, but man it would be cool. It was also really hard to get the DACUS timing down because Reflector has decent lag after hitting someone, so I kept buffering a Dsmash or Dash Attack instead of DACUS.

Dair->AA->Shine->Techchase upsmash seems legit though at higher percents, since the Shine knocks them down. I'll have to practice that.

I still can't get the Side B timing down. -_- I don't know if slowing training mode down will help me with that or not. It might make it harder since I guess the sound is a big factor in the timing.

What else? Not much to say... Fox is so much fun.

Rookie thinks Fox is even or 60:40 Fox's favor against Falco, what do you guys think? I didn't agree at first, but I think at high levels of play it's really possible.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
asdioh, seriously...

shine up-smash itself is a legit combo depending on which character and what percent, shine ducas is even more legit.

and no, training in a slower speed will not help, it will make it harder since its not a fast hands kinda thing, just a timing thing.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
That's weird, I always thought it was in Falco's favor >_> I guess just because of the chaingrab and the supercharged spotdodge/jab.

But if it's in Fox's favor because we can avoid the chaingrab then maybe Pikachu's in our favor too :D

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Is Fox's phantasm canceling like Falco's? If so, I found practicing at slower speeds first helped me learn when to press the buttons, then at faster speeds it was all about reacting accordingly. I pretty much got it down after about 2 hours today, though I'll admit I'd messed around with it a bit before, and I still don't have it perfect.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
It's not even about the chaingrab. Lasers aren't really a problem if you have adequate practice against them, and the damage Falco does off a chaingrab, Fox can deal back with a Nair combo.

clowsui

Smash Legend
falco fox at high levels of play is at worst even for falco at best maybe a little in his favor

both characters have tools to punish each other and make the matchup look bad but usmash from fox...if you play enough foxes you know the specific safe spacing range and from there it's easy to guard against mixups. furthermore falco's jab and dash attack are arguably superior to fox's, which is important in close range/mid range situations, since the latter is where both characters FAIL (falco and fox have 0 safe options beyond the tip of their ftilts while standing which is why they need to stay mobile in most cases).

chaingrab IS a factor at higher levels of play btw...telling fox not to get grabbed LOL "hey larry quit being such a noob and getting grabbed by mike" as junk would say

or maybe even "hey jason quit being such a noob and getting grabbed by larry"

also falco in this matchup will be conservative with his lasers and will mostly stay grounded to prevent fox from doing dash mixups. i feel as though this matchup is very similar to sonic except fox actually has viable methods of approaching/hitting you

Zhamy

Smash Champion
The chaingrab matters, but it's not something like ICs grabbing you once and you die.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
CG and superior lasers gives Falco a decent advantage, but overlooking Fox's kill moves in this MU is a big mistake for most, if not any Falco.

Being conservative with lasers I thought was a given with Falco, lol. Blatantly spamming them doesn't do him any good here, but either way they don't make it any easier for Fox. IMO, one of the most useful tools for this match-up for Fox is pivot-grabbing, FF U-air/N-air(especially helpful on stages like BF, YI, etc.) and odd as it may be, F-Smash(that could just be me, I don't save U-Smash as my only kill move all the time).

Falco's Jabs, Phantasm, aerials(debatable for a few, like F-air and U-air) are all on par, if not better than Fox's variations. Fox has the upper hand in recovery and gimping, but he doesn't have a powerful spike and dies a bit earlier. Falco also has some decent spacing tools, good combos both involving and not involving grabs, a fairly good DACUS and ok kill moves. Fox has speed, few safe approaches, and some kill set-ups that can be grape at certain times.

I'd call it even, closer to Falco having the advantage. But what do I know, I haven't played Fox for a while, and I'm not active at all here.

clowsui

Smash Legend
if falco reads fox properly from the cg (onstage preferable to offstage) he gets ~60 (37 from the cg perfect buffered dair (14) + dash attack or fsmash makes it 58-65)

that's effectively half of fox's stock

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That's great. Shine starts gimping at 0%. That's effectively all of Falco's stock. <3

That being said, I did say Falco has great combos and can rack up damage quick. But just as saying "Don't get grabbed" is easier said than done, getting the kill is easier said than done. Fox himself can rack up damage like a mother****er, hella quick. N-air combos, U-tilt, laser camping, pivot grabs, D-air > spotdodge/read > smash/shine/etc., can all get a good ~20-30+% within a few seconds. Being able to gain the upper hand quickly shouldn't decide the match, it can still go either way.

clowsui

Smash Legend
heading to school so i really don't have time to respond to this but it's not necessarily about getting the lead it's really about holding it. both characters have the same capabilities in terms of holding the lead but the fact that falco holds the advantage in the close and mid situation means fox is more limited in this aspect

also wtf @ the shine thing, i was correcting zhamy's false assumption that the cg doesn't mean much

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Wait how does Fox die a little earlier?
The fact the fox is lighter then falco. I could have used this info like a week ago haha
I versed a nice falco a while ago and I didn't know what to do. It was like all his
moves just were faster and out prioritized mine. and that back air.... ;-;

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
The fact that all we have to do is Dair a Firebird and doesn't Falco have a hard time landing kill moves were as we have pretty safe moves to lead into Usmash which should kill around 90-110?

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
C-C-C-Combo breaker

dudes, my comp just scared me ****less, it wouldnt turn on this morning when i woke up, the power button did nothing. then 15 minutes later when i tried some more it turned on perfectly, prolly a hardware issue, but ****, if it wouldnt have turned on i would have been SO SCREWED x.x;;;;

Top Bottom