• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
can someone start the ness MU disscusssion? im itching to here what they have to say. i think they have been smoking some serious substances <_<

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
can someone start the ness MU disscusssion? im itching to here what they have to say. i think they have been smoking some serious substances <_<
Hey that's not very nice. :c

In all seriousness, I really do want to see a real, new, Starfox Wii game.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
In all serious about the starfox thing; its been confirmed that a starfox wii is on the drawing boards; but that of course could mean years T_T
Seriously? Do you have a source for this because I haven't heard anything. That is amazing if it is true :grin:!

Jenkins

Smash Lord
god damn gotta love them fat black women.

lil rap comin from me later about this LOL

PREPARE YOURSELF

Jenkins

Smash Lord
I need a phat black woman

an there aint no discussion

cuz when she ridin on top

i should b gettin concussions

i bop her ******s like drums

cuz i love da percussions

she got a *** so big

her dumps take triple da flushins

GODDAMN!!!!!

-Skweezy Jibbs

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
last night I played Lightning 93 and we wifi combo'd each other a lot :3

("wifi combo" = random suicides due to lag)

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Everyone is welcome to join! Although I think one on ones are the best.

Asdioh is really fun to play against, great player and such + good attitude. I cracked up real hard when he missed his edgehog and I shined him after recovering.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I need a phat black woman

an there aint no discussion

cuz when she ridin on top

i should b gettin concussions

i bop her ******s like drums

cuz i love da percussions

she got a *** so big

her dumps take triple da flushins

GODDAMN!!!!!

-Skweezy Jibbs
gah damn it jenkins x3

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Asdioh is really fun to play against, great player and such + good attitude. I cracked up real hard when he missed his edgehog and I shined him after recovering.
*jumps down to grab the ledge and get an easy edgehog*

*MISSES THE LEDGE BY A LOT*

*SLOW TO RECOVER BECAUSE OF WIFI*

*GETS EDGEGUARDED AND DIES*

edit:

TKD

Smash Lord
Things I read two pages ago that I want to clear up: Taking the springs off a Gamecube controller is essential. Mach Tornado is best punished by blocking it allowing dsmash/usmash later (although block usmash may work if the tornado's decayed: I heard like a year ago -maybe more- that decayed tornado has 11 empty frames after initial contact. I don't practice that sort of thing). If you block and the opponent moves it away and back in, block it again (you should powerblock both times). Also, someone mentioned that it's a problem when falling back to the ground, but Fox can just float with \/B; after which it's possible to nair it if the opponent moves in, air-dodge into the ground MK will be on as it ends to punish cool-down...I'm not completely sure, but I think I'll usually just go back to safe ground.

I played vs Marth a bit yesterday. I found it good to keep space while blastering, and retreat as he zones in, to dash attack every time there's an opening (when he fairs, etc.). He needs % for this though. When I'm at very low %, I like to space barely auto-canceled bairs, and just so it won't get too predictable, maybe surprise with a walk-up grab interruption. Short-hop nair counters Dancing Blade by somehow out-ranging it from above. Usually, keeping spaced and waiting for that opening is good, as well as walk up shield-grab (remember to shield-grab: it's 3 free power-block frames just in case, unlike plain grabbing) and walk up block. As Marth falls, it's good to know when to attack him, and walking up to him as he lands to power-block and grab his fair is good (try not to grab if he's too far away -if your grab won't reach-). Marth's landing cool-down on fair is 8 frames, btw; our grab is 6. Dancing Blade is pretty bad vs block; for me it's an easy usmash on reaction to them stopping the DB or reaching the 3rd slash (Marth takes so much time between the 3rd and 4th DB attack, that it's a guaranteed usmash/grab).

RPK

Smash Lord
Hm...Can you also mix it up with an immediate Boost Pivot Grab? I remember doing that to a friend like 5 times in a row, but he could have been sand bagging.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
i hope you guys appreciate me arguing fox's corner in the BBR, im losing my soul...

:(

Savon

Smash Ace
I am not exactly sure what the mindset of a Fox player should be. What is the main way a fox player plays in a fight? I am still stuck in the mindset of a Snake player. I think just that bit of advice would be extremely helpful.

SHDL and SHTL is still frustrating though. Whenever I SHDL both lasers pass over the heads of my opponent unless they are short hopping(or is that what is supposed to happen?). I still can't get the timing for the latter.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
thanks nakat.

Savon, the mind set i belive a fox player should have is " what is the best way to avoid this players move and can I gain an advantage from it".
you want to have an answer for what ever method your opponent uses to approach you. you dont have to rush in, you practically outcamp everyone so you are in control. you have to kind of manipulate your opponent into making moves which you can counterattack. thats in my opinion anyway. ask in the Q&A in future plz :)

D

Deleted member

Nakat, I approve of your avatar.

I was just watching that a couple days ago. ^_^

I prefer the picture of Wolf pinning Fox down on FD...... :3
Downloaded it to computer, can't remember where from though D:

Top Bottom