• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Scott Pilgrim=my first graphic novel series lol. I was surprised to find out how different the book was from the movie. I mean, I didn't know they cut THAT much out from the 3rd book.

And coooome on NKB. Last good Olimar I played, Sleeh, or w/e, placed really well in pools, like 1st I believe, and did impressively well in brackets at the last national I attended. Out grabbing him is like, not an option.

Edgeguarding does prove very effective though XD. Even if they're using superarmor.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm assuming the fox:snake matchup is in snake's favor, though not TOOOO bad.

Anyway, if you shield, not powershield, both hits of Ftilt, wtf can you do about it? I was playing Gnes' snake and i couldn't punish it before he threw out another move, like jab or whatever. It might be because of wifi, but I dunno >_>

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
snake's ftilt is kinda **** like that.
QFT.

the snake vs samus MU is like 60-40, but I unno, a good snake will ALWAYS beat a good samus. straight up we kill them at 200% and they kill us at 130 ish. fox does way better, I'd say even, or slightly in snakes favour, but compared to other chars he does well against snake IMO.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
man freaking copy/pasted the "token has expired" thing I posted but it failed.

what i wanted to ask is, can you guys SDI kirby's fthrow->upair / dthrow->uptilt combos with Fox? I find it hard to do, especially on wifi in a laggy game x_x

SCOTU

Smash Hero
QFT.

the snake vs samus MU is like 60-40, but I unno, a good snake will ALWAYS beat a good samus. straight up we kill them at 200% and they kill us at 130 ish. fox does way better, I'd say even, or slightly in snakes favour, but compared to other chars he does well against snake IMO.
Wouldn't that make it 100:0?

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Fox/Snake would be even if Snake was just a little bit lighter. But no, he has to be ****ing impossible to kill.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I put it at 70:30 due to the inability to kill. over exadurated a bit, samus shouldn't win, unless a lucky gimp or meteor smash, but yeah killing is a *****. snake is amazing at DI'ing, it's just easier for him

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Fox/Snake would be even if Snake was just a little bit lighter. But no, he has to be ****ing impossible to kill.
I dunno, Fox's upsmash kills Snake more easily and reliably than most other characters can :o

like, Snake won't be surviving an upsmash past 120% (or possibly lower) even with good DI, assuming the upsmash is fresh, right?

but yes, if I could change one thing about snake to make him a balanced character, i think making him lighter would be the one change that would be most effective.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I dunno, Fox's upsmash kills Snake more easily and reliably than most other characters can :o

like, Snake won't be surviving an upsmash past 120% (or possibly lower) even with good DI, assuming the upsmash is fresh, right?

but yes, if I could change one thing about snake to make him a balanced character, i think making him lighter would be the one change that would be most effective.
When I still played, most of my local Snakes could live to ~140% with decent DI against Usmash, but it's stage dependent etc.

The matchup is weird because Fox has really good tools for dealing with Snake's moveset, but Fox has to work a lot harder to make it pay off.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Last tournament I had was called "Haitian Aid by the Bay". Catchy eh?

I'd want to see you come up with a good acronym though.

And hold up a bit there Asdioh XD, I'm not ignoring you, but I'll get to those videos later.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Last tournament I had was called "Haitian Aid by the Bay". Catchy eh?

I'd want to see you come up with a good acronym though.

And hold up a bit there Asdioh XD, I'm not ignoring you, but I'll get to those videos later.
My last series of tournaments was Legacy of Legends in Smash (LoLiS), with a post season tournament called Legacy of Legends in Smash EX (LoLiSEX).

Here are a few I just proposed for a local circuit: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11117963&postcount=31015

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I had no idea that dabuz played Zero Suit ;o.
I think he's just practicing her. His Sheik is better. His Olimar's ok I guess.

Anywa, I'm SUPAMAD because I just played THIS SCRUB http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/player.aspx?id=54326 on the ladder and lost 2-0, despite it seeming clear that I outplayed him.
Like, first game, I go to work first stock, pew pew pew, pow pow, and I'm way ahead in % and I think I take his stock first, but then he comes back and does a few King Derpderpderp wifi things and kills me. Or something. I took one of his stocks with a Side B stagespike... he was recovering, and when he was right next to the ledge I Illusioned, intending to edgehog (which is risky if he gets there first) and it somehow stagespiked him and killed him. I was like :o
If only I had my hacks in to save it, but my brother took the SD card with him today :[
Anyway, last stock I was ahead, he was at like >100% and I was at like 70 or 80 or something, when he randomly throws a Gordo that Star KOs me from the ground on Smashville. I was sooo mad, especially since he had only used Side B like 3 times that game, and of course it only uses a Gordo when he needs it. I could've avoided it offline >_>

And then second game, bunch of dumb **** happened, including me being unable to tech Dthrow because it's wifi, and I lost. SO FRUSTRATING.

So I'm done with wifi for today :bee: I lost to an Ike earlier too. The Ike was good and all, but I wouldn't get hit by 3 Fairs in a row offline.

And now I remember why I don't play wifi.

gdfhfgdyth

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
i don't, but lately i've felt like picking her up as a secondary after 2 years of dropping her xD

asdioh...lol, my oli is "ok I guess"? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH...at least mah shiek is "good" >_<
I did it in italics to show sarcasm
your Olimar's good, like

like Vanilla Coke

And yeah lol Asdioh, I saw how you raged all over his profile XD.
I just did more after I got off work, because there wasn't enough rage

guys, did I already post this video here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB5x39nbn8U

Choice

Smash Champion
whats the benefits of premium anyways? other than different name color, haha.

You get access to the Disco Room and a Custom title, as well as a new skin for the forums.

Edit: Guys I'm going to start adding music to this social thread of which you approve of. It can be anything without profanity and will be based off a 15 posts per page (default setting). So basically, at the start of every 15 posts on a page, you will hear a song play automatically.

Requests?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
my only request is don't put it on autoplay because that would be reaaallllyyy annoying. And I'm on 40 posts per page so yeahhhh.

:p

Quick Reply
The following errors occurred with your submission

1. Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I heavily second no autoplay.
1) It's annoying
2) Most of the time my browser doesn't even have sound so manual play at least lets me know of when to listen to it
3) doesn't work for non-15 posts per page

Also use this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=II0IKC45
(gave up looking for one on youtube that didn't sound ballsing terrible)

DarkAura

Smash Lord
someone buy light premium? come on guys, i STILL haven't changed my name to Savestate after using it for like a year

Top Bottom